Old 03-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbake View Post
... Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (on my ipod)[/COLOR]
What version of LOTR do you have? I have the BBC dramatization and the unabridged version read by Rob Inglis, which are both excellent. I love to listen to audiobooks while I work out!

ETA: This is what happens when you post as you go, instead of reading the whole thread. It makes me look like a clod who just talks about interesting stuff, and ignore it when people are hurt.

Willow and ASH - I'm sorry about your sprains, and I'm impressed that you are continuing to exercise. Just be careful!

Cakses - If you have that 36hr flu that my family just went through, then you have my utmost sympathy. It was totally miserable. Only one of the 10 of us was healthy on Sunday, so we spent the day laying all over the living room floor, running looney tunes non stop to keep the little ones somewhat settled.

Shannon - You are doing amazing, and your an inspiration to me. I just noticed the other day that we are just about the same weight, then I saw where you were when the challenge started. You've done amazingly well! Give yourself a pat on the back!!

Kimberly - There is no need to go. Stick around!

Bette - Sounds like you got quite an undertaking going on for Lent! I don't think I could be that dedicated.

Jen - Weight training is great! Granted, I usually don't want to do it, but once I get started it makes me feel so much better than just straight cardio. You've probably already bought your weights, but if not, I prefer the ones that do not have a rubbery grip on the handles. The grips make the handles too fat for comfort in my hand.

Miss Vitality - I hope you defeat that chest infection soon!

Okay, now I'll answer the questions.....
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? This one is just too difficult for me. There are lots of people whose characters I admire, but I can't say I would necessarily want to be in there shoes. So I'm going to pass on this one.

2. What book are you reading at the moment? I'm reading The Greater Meaning of Liff by Douglas Adams and listening to The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkein

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? I prefer Oldies/Soft Rock/Elevator music. This is probably why I listen to audiobooks instead of music when I workout. I love this type of music, but it isn't really heart pumping.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? This is something that I still developing. I guess right now I would say to curl up in my room with a Cary Grant movie and a cup of Tension Tamer tea.

5. What are you scared of? Needles. I can get ill just watching somebody get stuck with a huge needle in a movie. :shudders:

Last edited by MonteCristo; 03-04-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #32  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Good morning y'all!

Mindy: I haven't bought any new handweights yet. I do have a 2 lb set that is rubbery in the grip. It seems to be okay for me. I also have a good resistance band that I will use as well. I am researching some circuit training routines.

MissV: Thanks for the weight training encouragement! I really want to change my body shape!

And now....my answers:
1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? I would be Sally Field's character (M'Lynn) in Steel Magnolias. I've been in the stage production as Clairee, but would love to play M'Lynn someday.

2. What book are you reading at the moment? Shut Up, Quit Whining and Get a Life! by Larry Wingett

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? Really hard to narrow down! I have a very eclectic collection, from rock to pop to Broadway to country to emo to Christian to.....When I karaoke, I like to do music from all of these genres too.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? Getting a massage, either professional or one from my partner!

5. What are you scared of? Usually nothing.....one thing that does get my heart racing and shorten my breath is small enclosed spaces. Otherwise, I fear NOTHING! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #33  
Be the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fluffy Chick View Post
I loooove Ella Fitzgerald!
I love Ella too! She's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVitality View Post
are you enjoying “Emma”? I have not long finished “Little Dorritt” by Charles Dickens
I am enjoying Emma, but then I've enjoyed everything that I've read by Jane Austen. I've never read Little Dorritt. I'll have to put that on my list. I agree that the old-fashioned language does take some getting used to, but the more older books I read, the easier the language is for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
What version of LOTR do you have? I have the BBC dramatization and the unabridged version read by Rob Inglis, which are both excellent. I love to listen to audiobooks while I work out!
I'm listening to the Rob Inglis version. Which one are you listening to right now? I should get the BBC version too. My son loves LOTR and I know he would enjoy it! I also love listening to audiobooks when I'm working out (or cleaning the house). There is nothing to make the time fly by like a good book.

Willow
-Hope your sprain heals quickly too!

To everyone: Have a wonderful day and keep smiling!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #34  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
When did you sprain your ankle? I just sprained mine last night.
Friday night; trying to carry too much down my stairs. Why couldn't I just have shifted & fell on my butt? Oh well!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #35  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default Cruise Aftermath: Handled!

Morning Reds!
Will come back for personals later, but I thought I'd jump up and down a bit this morning. I'm back to my pre-cruise weight! I put on 10lbs in one week and it just seems to have melted away. Yay! Forward ho!!

Later chickies!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #36  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? Giselle in Enchanted because I've always wanted to break into song at the spur of the moment with a band and choreographed dancers following me around.

OOH Good choice!
It's a rule in my house (well my rule - everyone follows along because it's fun!) that if I'm having a bad day I sing what I was going to say. Does that make sense? My kids think it's a hoot & they sing back!! And my fiance plays along! We're all always singing something. I started it at my old job (serving food in a Bennigans - ) if tables were being rude or the cooks were taking forever I'd break into a sarcastic song. It's really catchy - other servers would start singing along. SUPER FUN!

Good Choice on Amelie too - LOVE that movie!

Cindy - Also sorry to hear about your son's condition. My fiance had to have open heart surgery when he was 2; he also has a condition we don't often talk about. As long as he takes care of himself & stays stress-free he's been ok around me, but he's about due for another check up. He's quite an artist & is presently working on drawing a full back piece (for a tattoo) for himself of a tree with a crooked gap in the middle which represents the big scar he has on his chest. He's put alot of work into the drawing with all kinds of meaningful pictures in it.

Well all - I'm off to the gym again! Wish me luck!!

Last edited by ASHmomma; 03-04-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #37  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Sorry I have been so busy getting these Afghans done by the 14th. One finished one to go. Isn't it great that the weather is getting warmer. We are suppose to have a few warm days here. I can't wait. Want to get out and get yard work started. Hate leaving it all to do at one time.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbake View Post
I'm listening to the Rob Inglis version. Which one are you listening to right now? I should get the BBC version too. My son loves LOTR and I know he would enjoy it! I also love listening to audiobooks when I'm working out (or cleaning the house). There is nothing to make the time fly by like a good book.
I'm also listening to the Rob Inglis version. I just finished The Hobbit about a week ago, and moved right on to The Fellowship.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #39  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on everyone who is losing weight and getting healthy!

I feel like a bad team member. I need to be more active instead of drowning my sorrows with cookies. Uggg. I'm doing much better as of yesterday with my eating habits though.

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?
When I was younger, I always wanted to be a Ghostbuster.

2. What book are you reading at the moment? I'm rereading Skinny ***** for the 80th time.

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? I like punk, ska, and the occasional latin pop.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? Does sleeping in count?

5. What are you scared of? Having an unhealthy short life.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #40  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Hey y'all! Just had a nice workout with handweights. I started out light (2 lbs) but boy, can I feel it!!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #41  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I have a million things to do yet tonight so this will be short. I am mad that TOM has not appeared yet. It is making life miserable. I need that to be over to lose some more weight. Where is it???

Ash- I have not heard of one person or group on your music list. I am old.

MissV- Loved Aveneue Q. Just be prepared, it is "racy" as my DD told me before I listened to it. If you like Rent, you'll like it.

Jen- Try some of Jillian DVD's. They are circuits and butt kicking.

Gotta run.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #42  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Congrats to willow650, RangerChic and Bette k!

First Name = Carolyn

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? Joanna Stayton/Annie Proffitt from the movie Overboard starring Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. Why? I would love to embody all the diva of Joanna Stayton and all the carefree, playfulness of Annie Proffitt. And I would love to hit the sack with Kurt Russell!!!

2. What book are you reading at the moment? I just finished "love walked in" by Marisa De Los Santos.

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? I am especially enamored with female vocalists: Jewel, Edie Brickell & New Bohemiams, Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos.

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? Bubble baths

5. What are you scared of? Heights, especially ferris wheels!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #43  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hope your ankle gets better soon ASHmomma!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:59 AM   #44  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Hello everyone. I second everyone's thoughts about those who are thinking of leaving...don't go! It's just a rough spot and that is exactly what we are here for, to help each other get through the rough spots.

Here's hoping our injured members heal super quick.

Fluffy Chick I'm with you on the cruise weight gain. I came back weighing 8 lbs more, but it was obviously mostly water because it dropped off quickly after I returned home. We did not have very good food choices on our cruise(carnival). The salad bar were bins of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, chick peas and carrots. That was it, and the only lo-cal dressing was Italian; so if you didn't like that you were out of luck. Oh well, it was still a ton of fun and I'm back to my "departure" weight minus some!!

I bought a Bodybugg and have been having a blast with it for the last week!! I find I am exercising more because I keep thinking "I wonder how much this activity burns" then end up doing it in the name of research!!! Lol! So, here is my home research so far...one hour of DDR on wii 420 calories, 15 mins boxing on wii 80 calories, 15 mins tennis on wii 80 calories, one hour of dancing around to cds 460 calories. Still to try: Wii fit and the BL workouts.

Oh maybe with all these extra workouts I could post a good loss this week!!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:07 AM   #45  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why? hmmm some female superhero or someone in Harry Potter who is really good at spells!!!

2. What book are you reading at the moment? Beside a Burning Sea...John Shors

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc?
Like most music but fav all time band is Queen

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself?
Pedicures and shopping for new smaller clothes. Plus doing new fun activities with my nieces

5. What are you scared of?

worms