Old 03-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default "Party Like It's 2009" Red Team Chat 3/2 to 3/8

New exercise challenge up and here is our chat for the week!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #2  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hey guys! I just popped in to say farewell. Once again I had a major weekend binge and a huge gain this morning, not to mention TOM came along. I am dropping out of the challenge, I think I am causing more harm than help to this team!

Go red! Hope you all win!!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

i definitely love the new chat thread every week. I cant wait to see the results tomorrow off to go see the new challenge, the last one was awesome for me.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #4  
Be the change

Happy Monday!

Okay, I need major help this week. After two and half weeks of being sick and having no appetite, I'm finally better. But now I'm hungry constantly. I haven't been keeping track of my food this past week. I also broke my toe last Monday so I haven't been able to exercise all week. Needless to say, I'm taking a freebie for our WI this week.

Now give me a swift kick in the rear to get me going again!

I've been sooo good this challenge until this last week. I'm recommitting right now to track my food and get exercising again. I think my toe is healed enough for low impact exercise.

I hope everyone is doing great this week!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #5  

I posted some mid way progress pics in the mini goal section if anyone wants to peek

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...17#post2636417
Old 03-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #6  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

willow looking good lady!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #7  

Hi Red Team,
I did pretty good this week, I guess you would say I'm on the Lent diet, I gave up sweets for Lent and I'm trying to do a modified fast a couple of days a week. So far I'm down about 3 lbs, Now I've got to add in exercise and cut the carbs even more.

Bradleys Mom: don't go, or if you do at least stay and chat with us.

jlbake: Instead of a kick in the rear why don't I offer you a hand up. You are working hard and injured so don't try to overdo it and hurt yourself more. Find some upperbody exercises till your toe heals.

To Everyone else have a great week.
Bette K
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #8  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

I was thinking about quitting also considering I never get on here any more. I fell down my stairs friday night & even though I was on a roll I let my self-pity get the best of me & instead of being at a plateau I gained 3 pounds. Sorry girls. But I did weigh in & post because I don't want to let this minor set back end up being what gets me completely down.

I am vowing tonight to post at least once a day, even if I have nothing to say. And to work out everyday - even though I have to go slow. My ankle is all sortsa pretty colors.

Good luck girls. Hang in there everyone!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies! To those of you considering quitting--DON'T!!!! You've read a million quotes on the subject so I won't write anything like that here. Just know that *I* need you here! ASHmomma, you've got the right idea--come check in, even if you don't feel like it. Eventually you will!

There was a thread by a member of the 100 lb Club that has inspired me to start weight training. Her body changed significantly by doing this! I am going to Walmart after work to pick up some hand weights. I think I am also going to buy a step for some step training as well. I've got a treadmill that's okay, but it is not anywhere near the TV to keep my mind occupied while I'm on it. Since the step is portable, it should do the trick.

See you around, ladies!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #10  

hum, just sitting here sipping my patiently waiting on weekly results. lol we need a finger tapping smiley
Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #11  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Sorry, I've been MIA. I've just been really blah for a while now. Our CRNP is giving me celexa, so hopefully it will work. I hope it will be ready to pick up tonight so I can start taking it. Hopefully it will not cause weight gain! I have also started WW yesterday. Already, I'm liking it better than counting calories...less frustrating! Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Hey ladies,

Okay, those of you who are talking of quitting - please DON'T. Losing weight is not an easy business and we all need each other's support to pull us through the bad times. We need you! We are nearly there - don't go now.

Clykk - hope things are better for you.

Jen415 - weight training has totally transformed my body but more than that it has given me a sense of strength and self-confidence I didn't possess before. I thoroughly recommend it! Although remember to mix it up with some cardio and flexibility work as well.

Willow - you look great in your photos - hope the results will be up soon!

JLbake - glad you are feeling better - time to get yourself back on the path - you know you can do it and you know it's worth it.

Ashmomma
- glad you are sticking with us.

aangel22 - good to hear from you.

I'm still fighting off my chest infection and a bit frustrated - I'm not good at resting and recovering!

Anyway, I was thinking our chat threads have been a bit quite lately so thought I'd pose some fun (and non-weight related) questions to get us chatting a bit more and find out a bit more about each other - here goes:

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?

2. What book are you reading at the moment?

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc?

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself?

5. What are you scared of?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

I guess I will start!

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

This is cheesy, but I have always loved Dirty Dancing so the answer would be Baby - because I would have loved to have danced with Patrick Swayze!!!

I have just finished reading "Lost Light" by Michael Connelly and I am about to start "Change of Heart" by Jodi Piccoult

I love all sorts of music - I have a very varied collection. Some of my favourite bands are U2 and Kings of Leon. I also love musical theatre.

I like to have a long soak in the bath with candles and soothing music with a face and hair mask etc. Then get into comfy pyjamas and curl up with a good book and a cup of tea!

I am scared of cats and most dogs! I also have a fear of falling down stairs and get light-headed at the top (which isn't good!)
Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #14  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Good idea Lisa and I have a question to add....

What is your first name: Cindy

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?Interesting question and one I never really thought about. For me I've always wanted to be able to sing for an audience but unfortunately I can't sing... at all. So for me not so much a character in a film but a real life person like Stevie Nicks or Ann Wilson

2. What book are you reading at the moment? Where the Sky is Born by Jeanine Lee Kitchel (it's about living in an area of Mexico that I feel in love with)

3. What is your favourite type of music - bands/singers etc? I have everything from Enya to Eminem on my iPod

4. What is your favourite way of pampering yourself? I love a deep tissue massage

5. What are you scared of? Most of my fear is related to my son and his family. I hate that they struggle (like most young couples) and that he has a heart condition that puts him at risk for sudden death.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #15  

GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

Hum, Baby in Dirty Dancing would be great.

Power of A Woman's Words

I like all kinds. Christian Rock like Skillet, Kutless, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, Third day, and 80's Hair bands, current rock like 3 Doors Down, Nickleback, I also like several country singers/bands old(like Willie Nelson...lol)and new, oh and Disco, anything I can dance to...lol

Bubble Bath, laying in hubby's arms, pedicure,

Flying(never been on a plane in my life), heights, bridges(when i am on my motorcycle)