Old 10-14-2008, 05:20 AM   #121  

Height: 5'5"

Ugh, I can't sleep. Last night I read this website about Unexplained Mysteries and it kept me up ALL NIGHT worrying about serial killers and aliens. Today I had a pretty good day. Cleaned my house from top to bottom, worked out, and ate pretty well. All of that cleaning made me tired and I took a NAP, which was, apparently, a bad idea

No more scary stuff tonight! I'm cutting myself off.

I can't wait to see how our group did!

Christina, 2 pounds ain't too shabby! It's ok about the weigh-in, because next week you can be our ace in the hole and combine 2 weeks. It can be our super secret beat-the-red-team strategy.

Abby, glad you made it ok! My ex used to be in the air force, and the first little while is always hard. Definitely try to stay busy. The last time I had to deal with deployment by the end of the first month I gave away a FULL cooler of frozen soups and lasagnas, and that's also, coincidentally, when I developed my addiction to talk radio. I love your new avatar, BTW!

Michelle, love yours too! It's nice to put a face with the name.

Faerie, crazy! Time goes by so fast! CONGRATULATIONS in advance

Emily, wow, good luck with the 5k! That's so exciting!

Dumplin, wow, way to go on the 3 lbs AND the newaper! I can't believe you lost almost 50 lbs in 12 weeks. VERY impressive. I'd frame that picture if I were you, btw

Melanie, so sorry to hear about your dad

Jaime, wow, so glad you passed on the Little Debbie. I know we're not supposed to post political things here, but Little Debbie uses ALL of her profits from her snack cake sales to lobby for seal clubbing, laughing maniacally, and kidnapping toadstool princesses.

Dora, congrats on your loss!! Can I just say, I LOVE your home! Your kitchen is AMAZING, and if I had your wraparound porch I'd never leave. Just beautiful, and a wisteria arbor is going to look awesome. I'd feel like Anne of Green Gables living there

Ok, getting sleepy. I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:38 AM   #122  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Dora--Congrats! Thank you SO very much! It would be so easy to let all of this medical stuff get me down, but I have to remember that it could be so much worse. Everything I am experiencing is fixable, not pleasant, but fixable.

Our vacation is going great! I LOVE fall and we have been having some beautiful fall weather. I am going to do some retail therapy shopping on Thursday, which I can't wait for!

I finished cleaning out my side of the closet yesterday to make room for new stuff...dh officially has more clothes on his side than I do! That have NEVER happened before! Before I could think about it too much, I packed up the stuff I pulled out of the closet and sent them over to my sister. Anything she doesn't want won't even come back to our house....it will go to my grandmother's garage sale. I am determined NOT to be that size again, so no need to have them in the house!

Have a great OP day!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:18 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieMom View Post
Hi Bluesers!

Sorry I have not been around for a few days. My dad is in the hospital so I've been pre-occupied with that. Thankfully my sister was home this weekend for Thanksgiving and was able to offer some support and assistance.
Melanie
My prayers are with you and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
http://www.richmondregister.com/ This is me and my daughter we made front page news! She is in the front with a green shirt on. I am in the back with back and white clothes and sunglasses on. Who would have ever thought about us exercising and making front page news!hehehe We were also in a local BL contest and this day marked our 12th final week. I lost 48.8 lbs. and my daughter lost 35 lbs. I came in 2nd place.
That's great...Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Things improved today. Actually wrote what I ate down! Small steps back towards the light!
Small steps is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
im spending my first nght in my new apartment alone. before i was with DH moving to new apartments was fun. but now that he's away.. it's just kind of quite here. Days are fine.. nites are lonely.. but i will prevail!! hehe
Just remember to keep workingout and don't let food come to you when your lonely. You will look great for when your DH comes home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaGetsFit View Post
I am beat, I spent 3 hours in the pool again today, after my 30 mins at Curves. I just don't wanna get out of that water, I feel so light and flexible. It really sucks when you get out and gravity takes hold again, talk about bringing you back down to earth. I'm gonna go crash hard, I hope I hear the alarm in the morning.
That is great you are working out sooo hard. Keep it up, just don't over do it! Congrats!

Well yesterday I had an OP Day which I was very proud of. So today better be another one. Have a geat OP Day!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #124  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Bluesers,

I'm still here and still trying to get my head on straight. I'm really struggling to stay on-plan. Can I just say....pre-teen girls and their hormones make life extremely rough! Things have been chaotic around here and 'Frank' and I are just trying to tread water.

Have a great on-plan day.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #125  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Blues,
It has been a wild week. I am a teacher, mid-terms, papers, the garden is maxed out and we had a frost (canning, freezing, drying) to save it all. So, here I am, down 1.4 more, which seems to be the slow but steady pace I am going. Yesterday, I wore a nice (expensive, dang) pair of pants to work that I bought last spring. Turned around and took a look at the backside in the mirror in the ladies at work and thought sheesh, you could store a bag of potatoes in the baggy @** of those pants! I guess they will be relegated to the "out it goes" pile. But, I liked them so much. They were my favorites. I know people talk about having things taken in, but that is just one more thing I don't have time for. I guess I will be getting more clothes soon. I am trying to not buy too much, though, as I am finding that I am going through sizes faster than I had anticipated.

I have been doing lots of walking and hiking and I hope to do a few hiking trips this year. That keeps me motivated; I have to have a purpose, a reason for all of this exercise and it has to be connected to something that brings me joy, other than the nice, shapely legs I am beginning to get. I like the transformation from marshmallow to sinewy...it's good!

Iam finding that my moods are improving. Does anyone else find this happening as they lose? I think it is the increase in my metabolism, the release of endorphins from exercise, the better nutrition and the fact that I am hauling around 25-30 pounds less.

Yikes! It's 6:08, gotta get ready for work. I will come back this evening and talk more.
Sheri
Old 10-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #126  

dixied, that's exciting that you are reconfiguring your body! good work!

jaime, for staying OP and passing on those sweet treats!! here's to another good day today!

kissingginger, oh how i relate!! i love to workout and for years i felt that entitled me to be able to eat whatever and whenever i wanted...and i gained. i couldn't understand why this was happening. but it was really simple, as you said, i was taking in too many calories. i played a game of, if i don't track it well then it never happened - except it was apparent on my thighs/stomach/back end!!!! you know what you need to do - good luck!

fauxtini, nice loss in the midst of your stressful week!!

dumplin, cool pic of you and your DD and congrats on your BL success!!

Get well to Mel's dad!!!

Well I posted a 1/2 lb loss yesterday and, naturally, today the other 1/2 lb came off - so while it didn't help with our #s this week, i was able to change my ticker finally!!!

i'm really being diligent about tracking all calories and working hard to keep them under 1500. so far, so good.

did a HIIT workout on the treadmill yesterday and then in the evening DH and i walked for 35 minutes. plus i did a ton of work outside yesterday (getting rid of my potted plants, transporting the pots around back and cleaning them all out).

i hope to get in a workout later. waiting for the computer tech to show up to work on my laptop. i'm afraid it's kaput!

today i have to transport all of the pots into storage...except i plan to plant some spring bulbs in a couple of the plastic pots and leave them out on the deck. it would be so cool to have them bloom right before our eyes. i have some bulbs in the yard but we get a lot of deer so that rules out daffodils and tulips - deer love 'em.

anyway we're going to a football party on sunday so i want to weigh in early this week (i know the scale will be TEMPORARILY high on monday).

congrats to all the losers and double congrats to all those rediscovering their mojo!!!

LET'S GO BLUE!!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #127  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
http://www.richmondregister.com/ This is me and my daughter we made front page news! She is in the front with a green shirt on. I am in the back with back and white clothes and sunglasses on. Who would have ever thought about us exercising and making front page news!hehehe We were also in a local BL contest and this day marked our 12th final week. I lost 48.8 lbs. and my daughter lost 35 lbs. I came in 2nd place.
How cool! And you're in Richmond! My BFF Greg went to EKU. He ran cross-country there, so he acts as my running coach. I drive by Richmond when I go home, it a very pretty area. That's an amazing amount of weight loss in 12 weeks!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #128  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Congratulations Abby!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #129  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

morning all!
yay! thanks for the congrats guys...and hey..we all need to pump it up this week..we can't let the red team get 3 weeks in a row!NO WAY!

I'm so proud of the fact that I ate on plan while I was traveling.. I lucked out that my friend in kansas and my friend in kentucky are both in the midst of beginning a healthy living lifestyle change right now.. so there weren't many temptations. It's crazy how all my life i would turn to food if i was lonely, stress upset.. you knw.. any negative feeling.. but I think I have concured it! I'm NOT going to eat when things aren't going perfectly! there's a weightlossplan right there! hhe

I hope i never lose this momentum!

I havn't beenworking out for the pst 3 or so days.. so I bet when i get back into the gym now that i'm settled.. the weight will increase a bit.. but oh wel.. it will be a GOOD weight.. not a 'bad' weight gain hehe

have a great morning guys!!

To all you gardeners: I can't WAIT till Dh gets back and we invest in our own place. Apartments makeit hard to garden..and I an't wait to start. For now.. imstarting a herb garden to entertain me in the winter.. does anyone else have an indoor herb garden onhere?

Jennifier ( joyful): hahaha. i know what you mean about watching scary stuff at night! hehe I'mfine if i'm with other people watching it.. but the second Istart watching something like that solo.. watchout! i'm looking around.. listening for sounds and completely paranoid. Usually a cureit with a couple corny sitcoms.. hehe it usuallyclears my head!

Last edited by mountain mama; 10-14-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #130  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Wow...we really need to step it up, literally! Red can't win three weeks in a row.

I'm going to commit to more exercise this week.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #131  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

Morning Everyone

I'm sorry I've been a bad team member. I know I haven't chatted & done personals in a while and then I posted a 1 lb gain . I am trying to not let this gain get to me too much as I know I ate and exercised OP all last week. So this week I'll work extra hard and change the gain to a loss. Not much going on with me except I'm a bit stressed and it's mostly by association. DH is still under lot of work related stress and pressure and it's just rubbing off on me. Not cool!

I had a long weekend as I was off for Columbus Day. I cooked this past weekend (helps me relieve stress) and froze a whole lot so I don't have to cook every day. I love to cook but sometimes every day it's hard to find time and motivation. Plus knowing I have cooked food in freezer keeps me from going off plan . Oh I also had my (long due) Ob-Gyn appointment for pap test. I had to switch doctors as my primary care stopped doing the pap tests so I had to hunt for a new doctor. Yesterday was my first ever appointment with a new doc and she seemed cool. Of course time will tell more. That's about it for now.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day

Last edited by pintobean; 10-14-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #132  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I'm going to commit to more exercise this week.
I am right there with you. I am committed to returning to every-other-day exercise at a minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulVegGirl View Post
Ugh, I can't sleep. Last night I read this website about Unexplained Mysteries and it kept me up ALL NIGHT worrying about serial killers and aliens.
I do the SAME THING to myself sometimes. I get started reading about conspiracy theories and aliens and unexplained phenomena and get myself all worked up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
I finished cleaning out my side of the closet yesterday to make room for new stuff...dh officially has more clothes on his side than I do! That have NEVER happened before!
You made a great decision. If you can't/shouldn't wear it, out with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Can I just say....pre-teen girls and their hormones make life extremely rough!
Hmm... another item on the list of reasons not to have kids after all... After watching my sister go through labor I've been fence-sitting on the matter. Keep your head up, remember it'll pass, teenagers are only teenagers for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotica View Post
you could store a bag of potatoes in the baggy @** of those pants! I know people talk about having things taken in, but that is just one more thing I don't have time for. ...
I have been doing lots of walking and hiking and I hope to do a few hiking trips this year. That keeps me motivated; I have to have a purpose, a reason for all of this exercise and it has to be connected to something that brings me joy
I don't think they can really take in the butt of pants well anyway. Mostly they taken in the waist... a little in the rear seam... but it's hard to fix pants that are truly just not built for you. Don't worry, you will find another pair of "favorite" pants! Feel free to share details of your hiking excursions, I love reading about stuff like that and it gets me motivated to get out on a trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeline View Post
i did a ton of work outside yesterday (getting rid of my potted plants, transporting the pots around back and cleaning them all out). today i have to transport all of the pots into storage...
All your potting puttering sounds like fun I wish I had plants to care for but it is not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
I hope i never lose this momentum!

I havn't beenworking out for the pst 3 or so days.. so I bet when i get back into the gym now that i'm settled.. the weight will increase a bit.. but oh wel.. it will be a GOOD weight.. not a 'bad' weight gain hehe
That is a wonderful eating plan Remember these days and how good it feels to be on track, just in case the momentum does go away... we all know it might slip at some point on the road ahead but maybe remembering these feelings and this excitement you have right now will help you out in the future.

I am facing the same kind of "good" gain you're talking about... saw a lower number than I posted last week the day after I weighed in, then started back in on my exercise routine and I'm up again. I keep telling myself it's worth it! It's a good gain! But still, when involved in challenges like this, when it comes down to it no gain is a good gain. So it's kind of hard to reconcile the two views.

I generally feel back on track and ready to lose again. I've gotten used to my body at this weight and the satisfaction with my progress is waning. You know when you first really notice changes you're thrilled with it all, with the smaller you... Well, I've been at this weight so long I'm no longer seeing the changes I was thrilled with, you know? I feel like I own my body now, unlike when I first realized I was really getting smaller, I felt I was in somebody else's body, and that's about when my losses stopped. I put on pants this morning and thought about how wonderful it would be when the area of my tummy above my belly button wasn't so full... then had to think about just how much bigger it was before I started losing and I had a little shelf there. I don't really know how to say it but something clicked in there, in my mind - that this is my body and if I want it to keep changing I really need to keep working at it, it's not going to do it itself. So this combined with having stuck to an exercise schedule and being OP so far this week (since Saturday morning) is making me feel like I'm in a good place right now, and I expect to see good things on Saturday morning at my WI. But it's too early to say

Enough of my ramblings, must get back to work. Everyone, have a wonderful day!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #133  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Well after an embarrassing gain this week, I'm back to being committed to my weight loss. I completed my first full day OP yesterday in over a week. I'm looking forward to another OP day all day today too. I'm just taking it one bite at a time.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #134  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Morning Team! Time for a huddle This is OUR week! I am recommitting to my 300 minute per week exercise goal, I fell way short last week.

How about you?

Q: What is your plan to stay on plan in week 5?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #135  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Do we have a current exercise thread?