Old 10-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Get rid of them now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will feel so much better afterwards, I promise you!!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #62  

Hey BLUE! How goes it?

I'm having computer problems and have been jumping on line to catch up whenever I get the chance (yesterday at the library...currently on my DH's laptop which I may have to confiscate). Anyway, sorry but no time to go back and re-read and do personals.

Except - Amy get rid of the clothes.

I got DH to try a yoga workout with me this morning. It was great - he was a real trooper. He did the whole thing (53 minutes). Spent 2+ hours at the zoo today. It was great!! What a beautiful fall day we're having (73 degrees, leaves are changing - brilliant!). Saw 2 baby elephants, baby tiger, baby orangatang (sp?) Had a great day!

Yesterday I did a challenging practice - boy, do I have room for growth with this DVD. sheesh! Humbling, that's all I can say.

That darn scale is still stuck however. Really p*ssing me off!!! I passed on wine last night and tonight and am really working to make OP choices. Come on scale - MOOOOOOVE DOWN!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I posted Thursday about the frustrating scale getting me down, but it did nudge down .4 yesterday. Last nite when I took my bodyfat measurement, it had really dropped like 1.1%, for a total drop of over 3%. That's what I'm talking about!!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #64  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
30 day Shred topic, it is NOT low impact.
Well said.

Hi All,
My weight has been up and down. I had my wisdom teeth out last Sat and have delt with a lot of swelling and not a lot of eating. Of course ice cream and pudding and yogert are very high in calories too. Anyways, been going through some stress with my mom in town, so I will admit my head is not totally in the game, but wanted to let you know that I support my bluesers....

Congrats AMY on your loss!

P.S. Amy, get rid of the BIG clothes, especially if you have more clothes to wear now that fit. =) Of course you have to save your BIGGIE pants for your after pics.

Last edited by vixjean; 10-11-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #65  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

djay - don't feel bad about the high impact, whatever you are doing is working great for you, you look great and have lost a lot in the last few.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #66  

I guess my gain this week has scared me straight - at least for the time being. I don't want to see the 190's ever again!!!

So I've exercised today for the first time in a week and a half, stayed within my points, made a bunch of healthy stuff to freeze and take for lunches, and am committed to making this my first fully OP week in what feels like an age (it might not have been that long but even a week or two off feels like so long now).

Old 10-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #67  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Blue.

The scale has been fustrating this week. Every time it moves down...the next day... it pops right back up. It happened again this morning for my weigh in. I'm up.6 from yesteday. ARGH! I did still manage a 1 lb loss! Maybe this means I'll have a big loss next week.

Amy- Throw out those old clothes. You make it to easy on yourself to gain weight by keeping them. When they are gone and you overeat, you have to make a choice...eat right and stay in you clothes or go buy a bigger size. I think continuing to make the wong choices should cost me...

Judy- Welcome back on the bus.

vixjean- Glad you are feeling better. Wisdom teeth are tough! Now get back on the bus!

angeline- Congratulations on the NSV's. Those small successes build up to make your resove stronger over time...So you are aking progress even if the scale is not cooperating this week. Hang tough...You will see a big drop soon!

I think gremlins have invaded my laptop. The 5 key has been hard to push this week. Now the problem has moved to the R key. Had to go back and edit in all the R's that I missed...Weird!
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #68  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Morning all!

I've been struggling a lot lately. I keep fighting between diet and lifestyle changes and intentional exercise vs. a more active lifestyle. I know if I was in diet and intentional exercise mindset I might do better short term but I really want this to last. The last few weeks I've been concentrating on more permanent changes. I know they will pay off in the long run.

Thanks to all the veg heads on board I've been thinking more and more about my beliefs. I'm slowly working on becoming one. I have about 50# of safe beef in the freezer and am experimenting with more meatless meals. I'll still have to cook meat for DH when he is home but that is only a few nights a week. Hopefully the other nights I can convince the kids to eat w/me.

As far as the exercise vs. lifestyle the kids are helping there. Since DD finally decided to ride her bike I've been out more w/them. Early this summer DS would ride and DD and I would end up walking. Now that she is riding I usually jog along. I started out only being able to jog a few yards at a time. Slowly I increased until I was jogging all the way to the frog pond about 1/4 mile away. Yesterday I ran all the way to the end of the road. 1/2 mile!!!! Nonstop!!!! After gasping for breath and trying not to die I managed to alternate walking and jogging home for the other half mile. Total ran yesterday 3/4 mile or so. I thought about taking the stopwatch to see how long it takes me but after further thought I really don't care. I did it and that is all that matters. I will get faster and before I know it I will be able to jog all the way home as well.

Amy - Is it possible to maybe alter some of your favorite pieces of clothing? If not, I agree with everyone else and say GET RID OF THEM. It is far to easy to let weight creep back up when you have the clothing in the house.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #69  
Blue Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
I ran for the first time on the treadmill yesterday! I have one at home but I was at the Y when I did it. I was at 5.0 which was faster than a speeding bullet to me, I tell you what I have never in all my life had a workout like it! Oh What a Feeling!..... What have you done today to make you feel proud ?well I just told you!
We do need to toot our own horns. So many of us beat ourselves up when we slip, but when we succeed, we don't brag. So here is my brag.
Yesterday we were at a wedding with a Viennese Hour (which is a buffet loaded with all types of desserts, you are supposed to go up and load up your plate). All I took were two chocolate covered strawberries. I didn't even have a bite of wedding cake.

Time for someone else to share their success. . .
Old 10-12-2008, 01:49 PM   #70  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Took my adorable grandughter Riley and my little dog Cooper to the dog show this weekend! Had such a great time! They had a petting zoo, a blue grass concert and a pumpkin painting contest along with all the dog activities and vendors! So much fun for a 2 y.o.!

Cooper got tired and Riley was kind enough to share her stroller for the afternoon! They were so cute riding around together that people kept snapping pictures of them. Thought I would share one.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

djay that is such a cute picture!

I want to thank everyone for their kind words last week. I have started to make steps towards getting back in the game. I went to my WW meeting last week, and though I saw a gain (3 lbs!) I feel ready to move on. My meeting was really good, the leader was younger and it was fun, much like my MD ones, so I think I have something to look forward to there! I plan on cooking a weeks worth of meals tonight so I have no excuse to run to the fastfood chains next week. I just wanted to fill you all in on how things are going. I hope everyone is doing well and hopefully we will pull off a victory this week!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #72  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

djay - that is such a cute picture.

amy - pass those clothes onto some who need that size. Do you have any consignment shops nearby? You could use the money from selling them to buy cute new clothes in your current size.

me - I'm still up a 1/2 pound from last week. But I can't tell how accurate that measurement is with my face being swollen, wouldn't the excess fluid add some? My head feels like it weighs a ton. I'm not exactly sick, I'm just swollen. It's so weird, I can feel a knot in my sinus cavity under my cheeks. My doctor is on maternity leave, but I have an appointment on Wednesday with another doctor in her office. Hopefully I can get something to shrink this mess.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I think gremlins have invaded my laptop. The 5 key has been hard to push this week. Now the problem has moved to the R key. Had to go back and edit in all the R's that I missed...Weird!

What's wrong with your laptop is I think you have a crumb or piece of debris lodged under your keys, esp since you said it moved from 5 to R, which touch. Try to delicately look under the R and the edges of it to see if you can see something there. Actually, the keys will actually pop off if you pull on them gently and they will snap back in when you get whatever it is out. Seriously, one small cookie crumb or granola crumb can block your keys from depressing fully.

And very cute picture too! What I noticed in the background is all the college memorabilia on the floor - are those huggers or something else? I see the auburn one and it's impossible to find auburn stuff up here in maryland. I stock up on it when I go home to ga on visits, but that def caught my eye, along with your adorable g-daughter & friend.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #74  

Height: 5'5"

Wow Sue, that's some willpower you have there!

djay, your granddaughter is adorable!

dixied, I love your new avatar

Just a quick check in. I lost 1 lb this week. I'm not losing as fast as I'd like, but I was still pretty excited to see any loss. Eating is good, I just know that I usually don't lose anything when I'm exercising a lot.

Hang in there, ladies!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I went jogging today, but then went to MIL's house for a b-day / Thanksgiving dinner. I only had one plate, and one little snacky dessert, so I'm proud of myself.

Djay, cute picture!