Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

just dropping in to say hi.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #272  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

dora-how'd u get all that for $10? i would kill to have that. I keep trying to get DH to buy a step and risers for me but won't. You'll have fun....I always do.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #273  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

WHHHAAAA... Jillian has a wii fit game?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #274  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Pinto, yes we got the discount. We actually got to spread it over 2 bills bc I am super cheap miser here and spent most of late August/Sep with the air off. It was getting down into the low 60s at nite so I was just a window opening/window shutting fool twice a day. We had a zero bill in September and got to take off the remaining 30 or so this month. Yes ! It was a nice surprise. I didn't even hear about it on the news. News is evil - only reporting the bad stuff and every rate hike but never the good news.
Oh cool, mine was $0 too for this month rest is going to go to next. I agree nice not to have to pay anything for a month. Our air was off too almost last month. Oh they had mentioned about this discount earlier in the summer this year. When they decided to raise more money & O'Malley was busy signing deals, but BGE was like oh we'll give this one time discount to all the consumers. Which is why I was kind of mad cuz the one time helps but not in the long run. It's every freaking cent they raise kills people. Oh well...they're all about making money. So it's up to us to make the wise decisions.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #275  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
WHHHAAAA... Jillian has a wii fit game?
Yes Vix , I pre-ordered it from Amazon. It's coming out next month. The game's called - Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009.

Last edited by pintobean; 10-20-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #276  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
Folks,
I hope everyone had a great weekend, and here is hoping to blue win this week. Can I ask for some accountability help. I really need to start posting my food. I have just posted todays and its embaressing, but its up there. Tomorrows will be better if it has to be public but I would some people to give me a swift kick if I dont. Thanks in advance. x

Here you go!!!
Now get back on track! We're all here waiting to hear from you. It's in the past and tomorrow is a brand new day.

Last edited by pintobean; 10-20-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #277  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Yes Vix , I pre-ordered it from Amazon. It's coming out next month. The game's called - Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009.
Thanks for the tip Pinto! I just went and pre-ordered mine! But you may be getting a suprise next week! Amazon is saying that the game is comming out tomorrow. Mine is supposed to be delivered on OCT 28th!

Dixied-So happy things turned out so fantastic!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #278  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
I think it actually comes out tomorrow. At least that's what gamestop is saying. If I go tonight at midnight to pickup DH's Fable 2, I'm going to see if they can give it to me then. I'll let you know first thing tomorrow if my quest was completed. (sorry, lame gamer joke, really these pills the doc gave me are wonderful )

Note to self: Read to the bottom of the page before you reply.

Last edited by dixied; 10-20-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #279  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

So, i was at the hospital today, getting things situated to volunteer there... and well.. i guess I was in the right place at the right time.. I had a crazy weird dizzy spell and collapsed on the floor!
I have had these spells twice before and anyway.. I was planning on going to the doctors as soon as I got my tricare enrollment ( i had to wait till DH and I got married) and oddly enough, i enrolled today.. and needed it today!!

Anyway.. i spent the dayhoked up to random machines and stuff.. No one knows what could possibly be wrong with me. All the billions of tests they did were fine. The nly thing is that when i go from laying to standing my pulse raises a lot more than it should. it's weird how i can run for 3 miles, but i cant stand up without feeling weird.

It was really scary at first.. cause I was like.. in a bubble.. everything was muffled and my vision was all messed up.. ANYWAY.. long story short.. I guess i'm gonna take it easy ( even though I feel SUPER fine right now) It's like a weird spell that just ends up making me feeling like a miullion bucks after it's done.
I'm scheduled for some cardio testing of some sort.. so we will see what happens there.

some pluses.. my blood pressure is perfect ( in febwhen i started my journey I was prescribed blood pressure meds.. but opted for healthy living instead)
The doctor referred to me as a very healthy young woman (yay! im healthy! even teh doctor thigs so)

He just things its very 'peculiar' that i get dizzy sometimes when I stand up. and have a 'spell' one a month for the last 3. Who knows what's wrong with me.. but im glad that im healthyother than that.

wow.. so enough rambling from me!

i will keep you guys posted .

Dixied: SOOO glad your doctor apt went well!! PHEW!

Emily: A BABY!! maybe?! YAY! I hope you stick around! There's no reason to leave teh challenge unless the dr says so.. or you dont feel up to it

Last edited by mountain mama; 10-20-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #280  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Fauxtini- I do the same thing when Istand sometimes...especially when it is hot. It mystefied doctors since I was in Middle School. Sometimes I pass out...sometimes I just have to sit or lay down for a couple of minutes and...poof...it's over.

They did a lot of tests on me and ended up with a diagnosis of vasovagal syncope! An impressive term that just means that I faint occasionally. The doc said it is not that unusual in tall people. Something about a nerve in the neck that cuts off blood flow. I noticed that you are taller than I am so I thought I would mention it.

Anyway...they didn't seem to think it was a serious health risk...just have to be careful when you feel it comming on to sit down and take care of yourself.

Hope your situation turns out to be minor also!

Still...I know it is scary!

Last edited by djay; 10-20-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotica View Post
Hi Blues,

Iam finding that my moods are improving. Does anyone else find this happening as they lose? I think it is the increase in my metabolism, the release of endorphins from exercise, the better nutrition and the fact that I am hauling around 25-30 pounds less.

Sheri
How great congratulations. What are you doing to lose weight besides all your exercising. I need a new program plan. I seem to be stalled.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

I stayed the same this week. Exercise wasn't where it needed to be and it's tough getting back on track. All the hours I have been putting in is not really plan friendly. I have done well with the food and water...just need to fine the time to get moving again. Hope everyone had a fantabulous week!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #283  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post

They did a lot of tests on me and ended up with a diagnosis of vasovagal syncope! An impressive term that just means that I faint occasionally. The doc said it is not that unusual in tall people. Something about a nerve in the neck that cuts off blood flow. I noticed that you are taller than I am so I thought I would mention it.
thanks for the info, djay! It makes sense Isn't that nice how they can come up with elaborate names for 'normal' things hehe
Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #284  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Dixie, you made me laugh

Djay, I'm sure you guys are right. I ordered it a while back and they said they'll let me know when it's ready to be shipped. I'm glad if it's coming out tomorrow that means I should get it soon.

Fauxtini, is it possible you have a middle ear infection? That can cause dizzy spells too. DH had horrible dizzy spells where he could not stand and had to almost crawl or needed someone to walk him to go anywhere in the house for few weeks couple years ago. He had to take off from work it was that bad. I've been feeling lightheaded for the past several months (nothing is spinning as such & I haven't fainted or anything) and I did all the tests and nothing is proven yet. I just feel weird for couple seconds, sitting or standing, at random times. Anyhoo, I just hope you feel better and the docs can figure out what is going on.

Last edited by pintobean; 10-20-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Today was a delicious day! I had my favourite salad for lunch (might have to post it in the menu thread) and then butternut squash soup for dinner. YUM! I like it when eating healthy is tasty, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Yesterday was my 3 year anniversay for quitting smoking and my hysterectomy.
Congrats on 3 years smoke-free! Glad to see your smiling face back, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
My doctor couldn't find the lump this morning!!
YAHOOOO! What great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin4Good View Post
sooo, if one of us were to get pregnant, then what? Do we have to drop out? - can we still post here? (in the challenge thread I mean)
Talk to your doctor about your nutrition and fitness plans, if you are pregnant, but please stick around to chat no matter what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
Dear Lord... PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE ME.....I had DH neutered, that would be really hard to explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
So, i was at the hospital today, getting things situated to volunteer there... and well.. i guess I was in the right place at the right time.. I had a crazy weird dizzy spell and collapsed on the floor!
How scary! I hope you figure it all out. Take care of yourself!