Old 10-15-2008, 12:37 AM   #151  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Ok my baby girl is officially a kindergartener.. as of yesterday lol..

She started her big girl kindy and is loving it.. Yesterday i took Nan shopping so it just felt like a normal tuesday.. but today well today i was FREE

i walked the kids to school and got to walk back at my own pace..
when i got home i decided i felt great from the walk.. jumped into my bathers and headed down the pool.(just like that no arguments no food dribnk prep nothing just went). and on the way i had the radio in my car LOUD and i was singing along to it LOUD lol...

i went ot the pool swam my laps then basically just splashed about complety relaxed for a while.. and then went in the spa and suana.. and then back int to pool.. I had a long hot shower with no one bugging me...
got back in my car with my loud music on my station ... not the F*&king wiggles .. and went and collected Leah from kindy.. lol ...

OMG freedom is so nice.... i want more.... give me more.... lol..... 8 years i have been stuck home with kids and now....... Im free tuesday wednesday mornings and thursday 9-3... yippeee... ...... FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM FREE..

ok i understand you guys without kids probably dont understand this.. and others probably think im a monster.. truth is adore my kids.. but mummy times is very nice when i have a hubby that works away.. so i have the kids always no help .. nothing and when he is home its only for a week and i want to spend time with him.. which means the kids too.. .. lol so i usually get no break .. now we have kindy.. im getting me a break

Tomorrow is my birthday ill be 28 so im going out to lunch with my friends Leah is in kindy all day so i get a nice break for my birthday too lol
Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 AM   #152  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Amy-Oh my goodness. I don't think anyone would think you a monster! To anyone who has had kids there is no need to explain! That first taste of freedom is intoxicating! I certainly doesn't mean you don't love your kids! Good for you for using that time to take care of yourself in the right way! I think my first free time, I layed on the couch and ate a cake!

Well... since the inspiration pants that I ordered in size 14 turned out to fit me...I needed new inpiration...So I went shopping! I needed some Jeans. I was having trouble finding a size 14 tall. The saleslady suggested that I try on some 12 talls. She said they are strechy so she always recomends that people get them tight so that when they strech a bit they will fit. I was able to zip and button them!!!! would never wear them skin tight like they are...but I got them on! I liked the jeans, and I LOVE that they are size 12...so...I bought them! They are now my new inspiration pants! The goal is to be able to wear them comfortably when I go to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #153  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post

Q: What is your plan to stay on plan in week 5?
Just working it! Aiming for 400 minutes of exercise and staying under 1800 calories. I'd lose quicker with lower calories but I've been starving (well feeling like it anyway) lately and trying to listen to my body. If I don't hit 1800 all the better but I think I was restricting myself which led to over doing it.

So on the good news front I'm now able to fit into the suit I wore during my grad school days for interviews. I guess it's time to go shopping in the closet again and see what's fitting now. Even though my weight hasn't changed much I guess my body is indeed still shrinking

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 10-15-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #154  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
OMG freedom is so nice.... i want more.... give me more.... lol..... 8 years i have been stuck home with kids and now....... Im free tuesday wednesday mornings and thursday 9-3... yippeee...
Woo hoo!! Finally you get some much deserved "me" time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I liked the jeans, and I LOVE that they are size 12...so...I bought them! They are now my new inspiration pants! The goal is to be able to wear them comfortably when I go to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving.
Way to go!! That's a great idea to have inspiration pants! You can do it!!

I am happy to report after the world trying to keep me from exercising yesterday I did it! I got my 30 Day Shred DVD yesterday and worked out for the first time in a long time. It was tough, but I liked it. I'm going to try to do it 3 days a week. I can't wait to see how much I change from working out. I know it's hard work, but it will be worth it.

So I just found out that my cousin will be getting married in May 2009 so on top of my own personal resolve to lose weight, I now have the extra motivation of the wedding. It will be a formal wedding so I will have to buy a nice dress to wear. I think I'm going to look at dresses online and print out a couple of "inspiration" choices and hang them up. Gives me something to look forward too. Maybe by then I can shop at a regular store.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #155  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Ick! Its D-day for TOM for me and I'm feeling it this morning. I wish we had a water ballon smiley with legs cause that's how I feel this morning.

I think fall is trying to kill me in the mornings. I'm not a morning person to begin with, and the lovely sun doesn't decide to come up high enough so my house is bright like I got used to in the summer. *Cue bear noises when the alarm goes off* Its so tempting to hit the Starbucks, now more than ever.

Work is starting to slow down since the weather is cooling off. Well... sort of, its supposed to be 85 today and 88 tomorrow. In any case there's a lot of down time in my little lonely office. I wish I had a portable DVD player... I might actually be able to do my PUSH dvds every once in awhile.

Well that's all for me right now. I have to make my internet rounds!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #156  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers.

Happy Birthday, Amy! Hope you have a spectacular day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staja View Post
Also, this week brings me a total of 60 pounds down!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures.

Quote:

Q: What is your plan to stay on plan in week 5?
I will track everything on daily plate....everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
So on the good news front I'm now able to fit into the suit I wore during my grad school days for interviews.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
I am happy to report after the world trying to keep me from exercising yesterday I did it! I got my 30 Day Shred DVD yesterday and worked out for the first time in a long time.
Go, Jen, Go!

Well, I'm back in the saddle again. Today is on-plan day #1 and I'm on my way to Onederland.

Have a great on-plan day.

GO BLUE!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #157  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Morning all!

I spend yesterday looking at online schools and i just may have found one i like.I'm thinking about getting my masters in health and wellness. I would love to counsel people about that kind of stuff.. and since i had planned on starting my own day care in the next coupleof years, i'm thinking having this can help create healthy /educational programs for the kids.. and maybe some private nutritional counselling for any moms interested hahahaha

Anyway.. just brain storming right now.

Tonite is my friend's bday and we are all gog out to louisville for Fondue. My goal is to stay away from gorging on the fondue and stick to unch onthose frsh veggies and fruit. i'm going togogle the menu now.

Chellez: i hear you on the need for starbucks... i dream of chai lattes.. and lately the pumpkinspice thing has been calling my name. Luckily.. i don't think there's a starbucks in the town i just moved to hehe
Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotica View Post
Hi Blues,
Iam finding that my moods are improving. Does anyone else find this happening as they lose? I think it is the increase in my metabolism, the release of endorphins from exercise, the better nutrition and the fact that I am hauling around 25-30 pounds less.
I have noticed that too in the last month or so. I've always complained about the dog/cat hair in my house(I have a rotti, a mut, and cat) and I finally have the energy to vacum my downstairs every night. I feel like I accomplished something great when my house is clean before I go to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
Tomorrow is my birthday ill be 28 so im going out to lunch with my friends Leah is in kindy all day so i get a nice break for my birthday too lol
Happy Birthday!!!!

Quote:
Hiya kids! Back-on-track-Manick reporting in! I DID get my exercise in, and I jogged 4.1 miles today and then walked 2.5 on a hard hill trail. Heart rate goal met Mileage goal met With all that exercise I am always more mindful of what is going into my mouth because I don't want to undo all the benefits.
Keep up the good work team! Let's WIN this week, for our team and our health!
Congrats on the jogg and walk!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
My way to stay on plan for week 5 is to get off my lazy duff and QUIT EATING FREAKIN PEANUT BUTTER BALLS!!!!!
Peanut Butter Balls sound yummy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staja View Post
Also, this week brings me a total of 60 pounds down! I have some pictures of my journey so far - but, no idea how to even post them! I'll work on that tonight, hehe
Congrats on the 60lbs...I can't wait till I can lose that much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Well... since the inspiration pants that I ordered in size 14 turned out to fit me...I needed new inpiration...So I went shopping! I needed some Jeans. I was having trouble finding a size 14 tall. The saleslady suggested that I try on some 12 talls. She said they are strechy so she always recomends that people get them tight so that when they strech a bit they will fit. I was able to zip and button them!!!! would never wear them skin tight like they are...but I got them on! I liked the jeans, and I LOVE that they are size 12...so...I bought them! They are now my new inspiration pants! The goal is to be able to wear them comfortably when I go to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day ladies.
Congrats on the pants. I would loooove to be in a size 12 again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
So on the good news front I'm now able to fit into the suit I wore during my grad school days for interviews. I guess it's time to go shopping in the closet again and see what's fitting now. Even though my weight hasn't changed much I guess my body is indeed still shrinking
There are soo many people being able to fit into new clothes. Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
So I just found out that my cousin will be getting married in May 2009 so on top of my own personal resolve to lose weight, I now have the extra motivation of the wedding. It will be a formal wedding so I will have to buy a nice dress to wear. I think I'm going to look at dresses online and print out a couple of "inspiration" choices and hang them up. Gives me something to look forward too. Maybe by then I can shop at a regular store.
That is great motivation...you can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Ick! Its D-day for TOM for me and I'm feeling it this morning. I wish we had a water ballon smiley with legs cause that's how I feel this morning.
That would be a great smily!! I'm sure plenty of us would be using that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Morning all!

I spend yesterday looking at online schools and i just may have found one i like.I'm thinking about getting my masters in health and wellness. I would love to counsel people about that kind of stuff.. and since i had planned on starting my own day care in the next coupleof years, i'm thinking having this can help create healthy /educational programs for the kids.. and maybe some private nutritional counselling for any moms interested hahahaha

Anyway.. just brain storming right now.
Good Luck!!!

Well today I probably wont be the best OP day. It is my 3rd Wedding Anniversary. So my and my DH are going out to dinner. I plan on not eating alot, but I know it probably wont be the best food. I am down on the scale as of this morning from last week, so I'm hoping it will last to my offical weigh in on Friday. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #159  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Oh Faux! I'm with you on the Pumkin Spice Latte. My oldest daughter works at Starbucks...I went to see her yesterday and saw that Pumpkin Spice Latte sign...OMG...I don't know how I made it out of there without one! Just seeing the sign brought back that warm fall pumkiney warmth that I could not resist last year...Of course that is why I am where I am this year...So I made my escape Latte free!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #160  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Donna - Think evil sugars and carbs instead of pumpkin goodness.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Staja - Congrats on 60 lbs!! That's awesome! I think a lot of us can't wait to get to where you are. A 60 lb loss is nothing to ignore!

Djay
- You keep me moving! You just keep shrinking and shrinking. I think I was just congratulating you on size 14. Now I have to give you congrats on the size 12! I'm sure you'll be fitting into them comfortably in no time!

Quix
- I hope this is true! Maybe in a few more pounds i'll get rid of some of this moodiness!

Heather - Congrats on getting to go closet shopping. Let us know if you find anything good in there ;-)

Amy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #162  

morning BLUE!!

wow, Red whipped our butts!! OUCH!! we can't let it happen again...no sireeee!!

i just finished my workout - great, tough yoga workout. i feel so gooood!!

My plan for this week - keep calories below 1500 with protein to carb ratios at 1:1.5 grams. Keep on working out as I've been - couple of yoga workouts + walking outside + HIIT on TM. Walk the straight and narrow and weigh in on Saturday or Sunday morning as I'm going to a party Sunday afternoon and I'm allowing myself to play (within reason) at the party.

fauxtini, i don't have an indoor herb garden although it would be nice (especially some basil - we use a lot of that and i hate spending money on herbs). i'm curious about your health and wellness program and would love to know more. would you mind sharing the link?

staja, 60 lbs - that's awesome!! what an accomplishment!!

Bravo to everyone back on track!! oooooh, what a feeling!!

amy, happy birthday!! and enjoy your freedom - you worked hard to get to this point!

djay, size 12 - wooooohooooo!!! wow!

confession: i'm a tall skim chai tea latte girl too...but if i'm being good i'll go with a skinny tall vanilla latte. calories are better for the skinny vanilla latte.

i can't wait to watch last night's TBL!! so excited to see what happened!
Old 10-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Happy Birthday, Amy! You deserve the break you get when little one goes to Kindergarten. Really! I've been there!

Peanut Butter Balls are the bane of my existence. I blame my Mom-in-law. She gave me the recipe. Brat! Peanut butter balls.... The Devil's Treat!

Djay, I'm going to steal your idea. There is this pair of corduroys at the Superstore/Dominion that I saw and I really want them! They are Dark green and long enough for me, so I'm going to earn them for myself. (They're only $19.) I think if I go jogging 3 times before Monday, I'll get them. Of course, I'll need a top to match.....
Old 10-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #164  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hi everyone
sorry i havent been as active in this thread as i planned, its just crazy here, next week is the last week of semester and i still have a 6000 word intervention to write and a presentation to do, plus various statistical analyses to redo and i have my floor trial today, fingers crossed i dont screw it up!

Congrats to everyone who has lost and happy birthday amy!

Hopefully after next week i will be able to pop in more than once a week!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #165  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Amy