Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

dream - the cleanse is going well. I accidentally left my pills at my parents house this weekend so I'm having to go off of it for a couple of days while they mail them to me. ugh!

Sxulkmnky - LOVE the piercing! It is so cute!!! I remember when I went to England with my sister, she got hers done. They needed something to do with the other stud from her kit so I got my ear pierced. How sweet huh? lol

AND,

It's WEIGH-IN DAY!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Artichoke Hearts does not even sound good-but then again I have never like them.

You know I have done WW before but never have I had anyone be rude to me or not understanding. But I have heard that there are some that are rude and just don't care like they portray. However Caitbeans it is pretty obvious that your exercising is gaining you muscle which is causing the weight gain. Just think about the long haul it will benefit you.

As for our weather well today we are getting rain, sleet and snow as they predicted boy it is sickening!!!!!!

sxulcmnky the pierce does look cute.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 03-31-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:14 AM   #228  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
dream - the cleanse is going well. I accidentally left my pills at my parents house this weekend so I'm having to go off of it for a couple of days while they mail them to me. ugh!

Sxulkmnky - LOVE the piercing! It is so cute!!! I remember when I went to England with my sister, she got hers done. They needed something to do with the other stud from her kit so I got my ear pierced. How sweet huh? lol

AND,

It's WEIGH-IN DAY!!!!!!
OMG did she get it done with a gun??? needle piercings are the way to go IMO... it just has a nose screw thing instead of like a backing... MUCH better than a regular stud... i couldn't imagine someone coming at my face with a piercing gun
Old 03-31-2008, 12:00 PM   #229  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

"The WW lady was rude, and told me "you must of done something" that is over 17,000 extra calories I would have had to eat ontop of everything that I exercised AND my caloric intake to maintain my weight"

Cait - That is so wrong I can't even tell you. What does this woman have a magical body? It was TOM for me and my weight was also up by 5-6lbs nearly all of last week too, and then in the last day or two poof magically lost it ALL plus 2 more. I can tell you I certainly didn't eat enough to gain OR lose 6 it's just what bodies do some times no matter how on plan you are.

Is there another WW leader at another time you can visit? WW sometimes is only as good as the person who's running your meeting. I've been in WW a few times and have have good and bad experiences with them.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #230  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Cait...don't feel too bad...I have to post a gain for this week too.
I had a terrible weekend...ate too much and moved too little. I made some bad choices at a couple of restaurants in Flint while we were there for a basketball tournament, and I am paying the price on the scale today.
Anyway, sorry to post a gain ladies! I just haven't been very successful this time around, and it is kind of depressing.
On a positve note, we did some shopping at a store called "Steve and Barrys", and everything in the store was $8.98. Everything from jackets to runners to hoodies...everything!! So I picked up a couple of capri pants that were a little too tight to get me motivated to fit into them by the time the weather warms up.
Good luck with weigh-ins today....again, sorry about the gain!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:44 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/250

Height: 5'9"

Alright, I now have over 10 pages to go back and catch up on. Sorry I have not been around for the last couple of weeks. My life has been so hetic that it is not even funny! So I have been working alot more because we had a lady quit and it was unexpected. So we all have been trying to fill in but everyone else has kids but me so its harder for them to find a babysitter so they can work, so its just eaiser if I do it! Then within a few days of each other 2 of my great uncles had heart attacks! Both had to have 3-4 stints put in. One of them has to go back and have the other side done because they could only do one at a time because of his parkinsons disease. But both seem to be doing better. Then my grandma had a "spell" and was in the er twice in the same day because she had blood in her urine. They told her she just had to let it work its way out of her systemand there was no medicine they could give her. So she went home and then had to go back because when her bowls moved she had more blood. (Sorry if thats TMI!!) So she got in to the OBGYN and he wants to do a total hysterorectomy (sp?)!! My other grandma has to have caterract surgery. Now I have to go to have a sleep study done because I just can't sleep! Its been awhile since I have slept good and actually woke up rested! So doc thinks I might have sleep apnea. So needless to say that is why I have been MIA for awhile!! I am going to try and catch up on all the posts I have missed tonight. Hope everyone is doing okay. I will try to post some personals later!! Have a great day!!!

Last edited by HeatherMc; 03-31-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #232  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Heather Wow, tough times. Many good thoughts for you and your family.

I've been struggling with food this week a lot. I've gotten a few good workouts in, but not enough to make up for the eating.

I've been on and off WW for a few years now and I've always had a great experience with them, but it all depends on who is running things. The staff where I go is wonderful, but I'm lucky that it is. Any place can hire rude people and sounds like a few of you have run into them. It's too bad.

Sxulc: That looks really cute on you!

I'm interested to hear how the cleansings go. I've never done one.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Ceegee - Never fear!! I haven't worked out in 3 days. Been out of town enjoying our granddaughter's first birthday. I will share all the men on the beach with my Black Team buddies with the exception of my husband and McDreamy.

I'm only down a little this week. I think it's .6 pounds, but I'm fine with that, I guess. We ate out quite a bit this weekend, but I did do my best to stay OP!!

Diva - I hope your hip is feeling better.

I'll miss all of you not participating in the next challenge.

I've PM'd Caitbeans - I'd love to go into her WW meeting and beat up that mean old woman. She should lose her job.

Hugs to all!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 03-31-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #234  

Hello Everyone....I took an electronic vacation as well as a physical vacation last week. Sorry I missed on posting last week. I've taken my 2 freebie week...I knew when I was eating that piece of carrot cake that I was going to pay for it in lbs....but I just kept eating it.

Later...I have allot of posts to read.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #235  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitbeans View Post
Hi everyone. So, I went to WW yesterday and I was up FIVE pounds. (FIVE). The WW lady was rude, and told me "you must of done something" that is over 17,000 extra calories I would have had to eat ontop of everything that I exercised AND my caloric intake to maintain my weight. She was just so rude.
I would report her. I enjoyed WW when I did it, but I had an amazing woman who led the moms' groups. The last leader I had was a total granola hippy like me. But in between, I had a woman who was just not a good fit. She was older, into fake foods and not my cup. But I never had anyone be outright rude to me.

I met our district leader twice, and I know that if anyone ever felt someone was judgmental or rude, she would have laid them out flat. She was very clear that the goal was to support, not belittle. I would ask another leader for the name of the district head and write a letter of complaint with all the details...date, time, your member number, etc.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:05 AM   #236  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Heather, I hope things look up soon. What are you doing to nurture yourself throughout this?

Sally, your piercing and haircut look great.

I get artichoke hearts in water at Trader Joe's, in a can.

I had a glance at our weigh in thread...Am I missing something or did several of our regulars NOT weigh in on time? The deadline has passed, right? (It's after 10pm Pacific time right now).
Old 04-01-2008, 01:13 AM   #237  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

So...where IS everyone? What's up? It was so busy in here for a while, now...QUIET!!!

I'm off to bed.

Looks like we lost a couple of people too.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:48 AM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I would report her. I enjoyed WW when I did it, but I had an amazing woman who led the moms' groups. The last leader I had was a total granola hippy like me. But in between, I had a woman who was just not a good fit. She was older, into fake foods and not my cup. But I never had anyone be outright rude to me.

I met our district leader twice, and I know that if anyone ever felt someone was judgmental or rude, she would have laid them out flat. She was very clear that the goal was to support, not belittle. I would ask another leader for the name of the district head and write a letter of complaint with all the details...date, time, your member number, etc.

I was thinking about doing this and I think I am going to. It's just sad becuase I've always had great experiences with WW (I did it once before and lost 65 pounds and I kept that off for two years) but this time- not at all. I even canceled my membership. I don't know the leaders name, I wonder if I write a letter and I give them the specs on when I was there, etc- if they can figure it out.

Thanks for the support everyone, it means a lot.

ggmugsy- thanks for the PM
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 AM   #239  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

omg i lost almost 5lbs this week!

i'm down to 190.8
Old 04-01-2008, 07:37 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Sally-the piercing looks great! Congrats on the 5lbs.

Cait-I'm glad to hear you're gonna send a letter. Hopefully this will prevent this woman from treating someone else like this.

Soul- Its sad we lost a few so close to the end of the challenge, hopefully they will continue chatting.

Heather- You've gotta a lot of stress in your life right now, make sure to take a lil time for yourself!

Vanetta-welcome back from your electronic vaca

ggmugsy-a little weight loss is at least in the right direction. I hope you enjoyed your time with the GD.

Julz-everything ok?

Diva- where you at gf?

Not much to report here. I guess I'll go get some exercise in before I have to head to work. Everyone have a wonderful day!