Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #1321  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Kris--I had the same problem last night...mouth hunger is a great term for it. I made it through, but only because I am doing the year challenge and don't want to fail. How did the tea work for ya?

I am down another pound this morning...of course, the day after I had to post for the challenge. Ah well, add it in for next week. My official WI is Thursday but I waited until Monday to post for challenge just hoping to get to 225...but I think I'm going to start posting Thursday again since that is my real day this month. So, I'll at least be down one for next week, hoping for two though.

I hope we win this week. GO BLUE!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #1322  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers

I'm running behind on my work since I was out on Friday, so I only have a couple of minutes. Today is day 6 on-plan and I'm doing great with my eating. I just wish I could say the same thing for exercise. I just have this crazy mind block about getting on those scales! New job is okay...nothing has really changed because I have to clear out my last project from my previous position before I can really get started on the new stuff. I'll have tons to learn, but I'm excited. I'm also thinking of doing the 3-day walk for breast cancer in October. Also, I'm waiting on a return e-mail I sent yesterday asking for information about volunteer opportunities with the American Cancer Society in my area. I lost my Mom to ovarian cancer in 2004 and I always promised myself that I'd get involved with awareness and fund raising. There's a Relay for Life event here in my county in May. I'm looking for a team to join.

Sorry to cut things short, but I have to put a serious dent in this project. The whole thing is due on the 29th and I'm running very far behind! I'll check in later to catch up.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. GO BLUE!!!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-19-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #1323  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hey friends - congrats to all with their good weeks!! You ROCK!

Nori, yes, I went to college in Alabama, at Auburn - not too far from Selma. B&R in Ga though. Def have him stop by the west point mills - they are not too far, it makes a nice little day trip if you are looking for somethign to do while there. I am driving down from Md to Panama City Beach in June to meet up with my Ga relatives - will be in Dixie's neck of da woods! Looking forward to it soo much - my girls love their little southern cuzins and have such a good time playing that it should be a painless week for me. Those of you w/kids know what I mean about how a vacation isn't always a vacation if you're going with small ones.

Have a good week everyone!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #1324  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

WOO HOO!

Not only did we come back with a vengeance... but we won Week 5 and had the Biggest Loser this week!

I'm going to make a banner for this week for the team win and one for Shannon... just have to get ready for lunch!

OH YEA! I'm so excited!

See how good participation AND a win feels?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #1325  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Purplefierfly - I made it through ok. whew! I took my cuppa outside and read a book for about an hour. The distraction worked. It felt good not to give in to the craving. Good job to you also!

Heather - ditto what everyone else is saying about the massage. Go get the massage. What a wonderful gift for hubby to give you. I know what you mean about having someone else touch you when you don't feel at your physical best but these massage therapists are professionals. They are used to all sized bodies and I think they look at our bodies differently than we do.....more clinical or something.

Also, I think sometimes we wait too long to reward ourselves. I think rewards are good and motivating - but sometimes there is a definate NEED to do something (like your massage) before we've actually REACHED the goal post we've set for ourselves. Flexibility is good. I'm that way with a shopping trip reward I set for myself....I said if I finished the Biggest Loser/Amazing Race benchmarks, I'd take myself on a shopping spree but I find that right now, I only have one pair of 'go out in public' pants that fit and my partner calls me 'baggy britches' when I wear them so I think I need to move my shopping trip up a bit!

How exciting about the Blue weigh-in. Lose-on everyone!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #1326  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I'm also thinking of doing the 3-day walk for breast cancer in October. There's a Relay for Life event here in my county in May. I'm looking for a team to join.

GO BLUE!!!
I checked into the 3 day walk last year but chickened out and didn't join. I thought about it again last week but I am just too scared to do something like that alone, and I don't know anyone else who would do it I hope you do it so I can live through you. I know it would be an amazing experience.

Okay, have to go pick up the preschooler and get lunch going.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #1327  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

QOTD: What to do with Anna (onthetee)?

According to the doc, it will probably be four weeks before I start seeing real losses again. If you look at my stats, everything is little bits. I hate that I am not going to post big numbers for you, and it seems unfair for me to stay on with the knowledge that until my infection is gone, I just cannot contribute in a way you all deserve.

If you would like for me to drop out of the weigh-in portion, I am totally fine with that. I will continue to post, and chat about with you all, but I certainly don't want to be dead weight.

Edited: this is not some martyr thing. I don't want you all to feel obligagted in anyway to ask me to stay. I am not going anywhere as it relates to posting and support, so my feelings won't be hurt if you make a logical decision.

Last edited by onthetee; 02-19-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #1328  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Congrats Blue Team......you all had an awesome week
Old 02-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #1329  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
QOTD: What to do with Anna (onthetee)?

According to the doc, it will probably be four weeks before I start seeing real losses again. If you look at my stats, everything is little bits. I hate that I am not going to post big numbers for you, and it seems unfair for me to stay on with the knowledge that until my infection is gone, I just cannot contribute in a way you all deserve.

If you would like for me to drop out of the weigh-in portion, I am totally fine with that. I will continue to post, and chat about with you all, but I certainly don't want to be dead weight.

Edited: this is not some martyr thing. I don't want you all to feel obligagted in anyway to ask me to stay. I am not going anywhere as it relates to posting and support, so my feelings won't be hurt if you make a logical decision.

Nope. You're not allowed to weasel out on us. If they can tolerate my wacky weigh-ins, yours aren't going to be the straw that breaks the camels back. Besides, Chelle is the one who divided us into teams, we can always blame her.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #1330  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone,

Sorry, I haven't been on very much this weekend. I took a freebie week yesterday. So, I can't say I helped with the WI. But congrats to everyone. I took a freebie because my DH took me out to eat on Saturday because he had jsut gotten back on Friday night. I did good. I was only up 1 starch. However, my body is doing crazy stuff since my plan got changed and I was up 2.5 lbs. I am staying on plan today and will hopefully have a lose to report for next week.

CONGRATS to everyone on your losses. I will try to check back in later.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #1331  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

CONGRAT'S to the BLUE team this week!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #1332  

Anna, i don't think you should drop out of the weigh ins! Stick around, your little bits do contribute.

I feel kind of lost without my exercise today. I have time frames where I normally do that and now I am just laying on the couch watching shows off the DVR. It's nice, but I keep feeling like I need to get up and get moving, then have to remind myself that I can't today. My calves are really sore hopefully they'll be ready to go again tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #1333  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

CONGRATS TEAM!

Okay, so I just mapped out all my exercise from March 1st until July 31st - 153days! I'm going to track my calories and weight, too, but I'm deliberately trying to shift my focus on moving my butt. If you want to see my spreadsheet of my plans, I think you should be able to see it here. I decided to do a different C25K program - on the same site as that "conservative" one I posted about the other day. <-- that's how excited I am!

Anna - You are NOT leaving this challenge, lady! You contribute a ton to this team by being here, supporting us, and letting us support YOU through your rough patch. Your weigh-ins are what they are.

Theresa - If you think the 3-day would be an amazing experience, why not do it? I know it's scary to join things alone, but I'm sure you could find a team willing to add you in and train with.

KrisR - "Baggy britches", eh? Definitely time for that shopping trip!

Rhonda - What do you think is holding you up with the exercise? Can you focus on getting in a quick walk a couple times this week, to help prepare you for C25K in March?

Heather - GO! Seriously, get that massage. I know it's scary to think about being nekkid but for a towel in front of a stranger, but it's SO worth it. My brother got me a massage for my birthday last year, and I put it off for 6months... then I decided to suck it up, go and enjoy it. I just reminded myself that the massage person sees people's bodies ALL day every day, and some of them have surely looked just like mine! I was sooo glad I went - it totally made a difference to my stress levels. You absolutely deserve it too - celebrate your successes so far, and celebrate the most important thing - NO MATTER what kind of body or fitness level you have, you are a person of value who deserves to be loved and love herself.

zinkemomx2 - YAHOO on the NSV! Question for you about Spark - there's no way when adding foods to split up the "Snack" section into an AM snack and PM snack, is there? I have a snack most mornings, and then another one late in the afternoon, and I want to track them seperately, but I don't think I can on Spark, can I?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #1334  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Yay!! We won, imma go see the results thread in a minute. Go Blue!!!

Glad for those of you who used distractions to help thru the day. I had to do that recently. Had used most of my cals by 1pm!! Awful day. Blah. Glad that's over.

I envy you all who are exercising well and often. Maybe one day I can make it a priority again. Just too much other stuff it seems. That's not an excuse tho, I should just get up at 5am! I've done that b4, then I always seem to get a newborn and that's out the window, I'm lucky to get any sleep at all, certainly won't give up more to exercise!

Went to the doc, have a severe sinus infection as does dh and just glad the kids are all over their's. Now if we can just get well we'll be doing good. Gotta go take my meds, just wanted to say hi. I was 234 last time I was at the doc and the nurse put the scale on 200 bc I'm ALWAYS over it, lol. But this time she was happy to move it to the 150 starting point. (Showed 198.5 there but oh well.) She asked if I was doing it on my own. I told her about my 'year experiment' and I told her 1200-1600 cals a day, don't care about fat, water, exercise or whatever else. I'm trying to prove that it boils down to my calories (not for everyone but that's what happens to me.) Exercise makes your body look better if you tone your muscles and helps burn more cals and makes more muscle to burn more cals but ultimately to lose it boils down to calories!! So she said the doc puts ppl on those calories too.

She said congrats and all that. Doc didn't say a word that I was down 36 lbs or so since last time. Ah well. Whatevah!!! I'm just glad to be on this side of 200 for the first time in years. I showed to be 195.5 this a.m. which sux but I know i didnt gain in one day so waiting it out.

Hope you all have a great OP day!!!

Selina

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 02-19-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #1335  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

For everyone

and....

For Shannon...