S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes37323 View Post
How do you get on a team? please let me know. thanks
Answer:
Quote:
NoVaVTFan:
As far joining the biggest loser challenge that is going on, it is closed to new members. This round ends the beginning of April, an another round will probably start a few weeks after that, so keep checking back here and look for a thread about signing up for the next round. There will be a deadline posted so make sure you look out for it. As far as chatting with all of us challenge people, please feel free! We always welcome more chatty people in the forum!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #1457  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

myerica - i don't think it's an issue for you, as i recognize you from posting on here as well as the spoilers thread. I think the point is that it just seems odd to award the BL weekly award to someone who, when everyone reads the name, is like, "WHO???" bc that person has never participated in anything but the weigh in thread!! It makes sense if you think about it that way. But you're cool as far as I can tell!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #1458  

S/C/G: 255/215/175

Height: 5'11

Thank you so much Diva!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #1459  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Missing - I wondered why you never stopped by here! Now we know it wasn't anything personal!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #1460  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

It definitely wasn't anything personal. In my opinion the biggest loser should be the biggest loser...the person who loses the most weight. It's not the biggest poster. I post on the spoilers thread because the show interests me, but chatting is just not really my thing. It's nothing personal, I don't belong to any 3FC groups. I tried to be a chatter, but it just didn't work. I wish the rules would have been clearer from the beginning. I don't think it's fair not to give the weekly BL award to the person who lost the most weight simply for not participating in the chat. Maybe that person has nothing to say. When I joined this challenge, I thought it was about weight loss only, so I signed up. To not give the person who lost the most weight the title of BL of that week is not fair. They are working just as hard and probably harder than some of the people who post daily. Like I said, I will try to work hard for the team. I've been working out as much as possible with this bum ankle of mine. Anyway, let's focus on the weight loss and getting healthy. Everyone is here for their own reasons and chatting might not be one of them.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #1461  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Missing--The rule about having to chat to be BL of the week wasn't there in the beginning. It was added just a few weeks ago...honestly, I do not feel it is fair to add rules in the middle of a challenge, imo. People sign up for one thing then it gets switched on them...but I kept my mouth shut because I had already said more than my fair share on that day and didn't want everyone to hate me. Plus, it's not like stating that opinion would change anything, so no reason to go there.

I had a bad day for most of today, then it picked up and I had an awesome 2 hour workout during BL and feel much better now. Except it's after midnight and I'm still awake...have to get in bed and wind down some. Hope things pick up some here tomorrow...where is everyone?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:38 AM   #1462  

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone again!
I've been trying to read up on posts!
Sorry mumtoliam about being sick...;.; that really sucks nuts. I hope you feel better too chellez.
Here's the update!
No, stinky didn't move out...
This is what happened, which I think is totally unfair, and I know when I'm stressed like this, I gain weight instead of losing it. -_-;
My boss(I work at the front desk at the dorm) told me that they can't force her to move out. Apparently, she begged to stay in the dorm, so she gave me the option to move out of the room. I've been there since August, and had it paid for and everything, so that was unfair. Fortunately, I got a bigger room (yay) but it's still unfair. She gets what she wants and she's only been here for three weeks? BS! Meh, whatever...
She's scared of me now btw. I heard I'm intimidating, and I'm very scary when I'm mad. Guess it's true.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #1463  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Hello Biggest Loser chicklettes-
Hope everyone is having a fab day.

I had a great workout today. 45 minutes of strength training plus 50 minutes of 'long slow burn' cardio. I typically do HIIT but decided to mix it up a bit today. Then, I took myself out for lunch. Just me and a book (The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl) and a wonderful greek salad at an outdoor cafe. It was such a treat to just sit and drink my tea and read and watch the clouds float by.

Had a funny at the gym.....two big burly bulky guys nearly got into it over a weight machine. One was using it and went for a drink of H20 and while he was gone the other slid in for a quick 15 reps. When guy 1 came back, he was a snarlin'! Words were exchanged and I don't think they were nice ones based upon their facial expressions. It would have been fun to tell them both to grow up.....but I just kept on elliptical'in!

Cheers-
Old 02-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #1464  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Just weighed myself and I lost the .6 lb I gained at the last weigh in. I know I'm going to be down a bit more than that at the next weigh in because I'll have my period by then. I usually gain about 2lbs the week before and then It comes off when I actually get my period. Grrr....so annoying. I'm gonna hit the gym hard today since my schedule at work has been so crazy. For the amount of walking I do up and down the hallways at my hospital, I SHOULD be a twig! Yesterday, I ran my butt off for 10 hours at work...then I went grocery shopping...then I cooked dinner for the family....then I cooked MY dinner...wah...wah..wah. I'm such a whiner. It'll get better next week. I plan on buying a crockpot and trying to do crockpot meals that are ready when I get home. Thank God my 15 year old is being so helpful, switching from night shift to day shift is going to take some getting used to. Anyway, have a great day.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #1465  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
In my opinion the biggest loser should be the biggest loser...the person who loses the most weight. It's not the biggest poster.
I agree. I already felt things were getting complicated in my life but then I felt like I was compelled to post more often or something if I wanted to really fit in. I mean... I do try to come on here at least every other day and post something, but after that announcement it felt like I HAD TO, yk? I don't have a job where I sit in front of a computer all day where it's easy for me to find time to get online and chat. IDK. I'm not complaining about anyone in particular, just I thought it was odd that things took that turn.

I guess I better go check out the show thread from last night!

I've got to get in a super workout today to - hopefully - make up for the horrible dinner I ate last night. I had a sick baby all day, I was wiped out tired, so we ended up with deli fried chicken and a slew of unhealthy side dishes to boot. Sheesh.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #1466  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers!

Went for my six month follow-up mammogram yesterday and everything checked out fine. The spot they were monitoring did not grow or change at all. What a relief!

I worked late into the evening yesterday to make up for my time away due to the appointment and haircut. So, again no exercise. And, my scales aren’t moving at all. All though I put a serious dent in my project, I still have tons more to accomplish plus three different conference calls today. Looks like another late night. *sigh* But, I can and will stay on-plan with my food today!

Chellez- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Just take care of yourself.
Anna – How are you feeling today? Hope the headache wasn’t a pre-cursor to getting that virus.
Karen – You writing everything down today?
Heather – I’m very much a meat eater, but that vegetarian meal you made sounds delicious!
Nori – So glad to hear that Olivia probably won’t need surgery! Here is the link to the C25K thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134323
Jordan – You ran 8 miles? Wow, I wanna be like you when I grow up!
Ellie – I’m sorry that you didn’t have a loss for yourself this week. But, maintaining is good, too. Congratulations!
Missing – Glad you did come by to chat and let us get to know you a bit.
Purple – A 2 hour workout sounds like a great turn-around for your day! Send some of the exercise mojo over to me, would ja?
Victoria – Yeah, its not too fair…but, at least you don’t have to live with Stinky anymore. And, a bigger room….that’s always a good thing!
Kris – That’s crazy about the grown men fighting over the weight machine. Too many steroids addling their brains?

Sending a big Hello to all of our missing Blue team members.
Marianne, where are you? I miss you and hope everything is okay.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. GO BLUE!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-27-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #1467  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Chellez--how are you feeling today?

Erica--congrats on dropping that gained weight

Rhonda--I can't send away any exercise mojo just yet, I am just getting mine back really. Give me a day or two and you can borrow some Seriosly, JUST DO IT GIRL, then keep doing it every day and that is how you ge the mojo. DO IT
Old 02-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #1468  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Well, I had gained weight over the weekend (I am kind of strange in that I lose weight during TOM, but gain weight right after it - I know ... strange), so I was up over 3 lbs on Monday morning ... so I was VERY worried about weighing in today. I did my last chance workout last night while at soccer practice and during TBL and weighed in this morning.

I didn't get my 2 lb a week goal, but I got 1.4 lbs, so I consider that a success considering I had to make up some gain during the week and on average (I do the spreadsheet thing), I am losing more than my 2 lbs a week, so all in all I am happy.

I really hope everyone is getting health again. I am so sorry to hear that so many are sick. My DH is on the sickly side right now, but with his job, he is around sick people constantly (paramedic), so when he gets sick ... he REALLY gets sick, so I feel for everyone out there who is sick or with sick husbands and/or kids. GET WELL

Last edited by krjpy; 02-27-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #1469  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Rhonda
Congrats on your results.. you must feel relieved and great!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #1470  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Horribly behind. Freakin' rabbit got behind the TV and shut off the power, so no TBL from last night.

Weight is still stagnant. Going to get on the treadmill and see if I throw up. Wish me an easy 40 minutes.