Old 03-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #1606  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone, My posts will probably be thin as I am going to be changing jobs and they are not happy I am leaving, so I have TONS of work to get finished, which really sucks since I generally have more than everyone else anyway.

QOTD:Have you ever stepped out of your comfort zone and done something you're proud of? Is there something you've always wanted to do, try, experience but you're allowing your weight or your fears to hold you back?

Not certain I have a comfort zone. Other than what I consider icky gross stuff (you know like Fear Factor eating bugs, etc), there isn't much I won't try. There has been though a great deal in the past that I haven't been able to do because I was so big. Rides at ammusment parks I couldn't go on, cruise excusions because there was a weight limit and I was over it, etc. These are the things I want to do that I haven't, not for lack of wanting to or because they were out of my comfort zone, but because they were out of my weight zone.

So ... today is my WI day and I was scared to get on the scale. I haven't worked out as much as normal, or as much as I should have. I did get my LC Workout in last night, but not too much else this week. I have been eating fairly good with the exception of one night where I ate a little extra (not too much though) at our Irish Heritage Dinner. Well ... I lost 1.8 lbs. More than I expected, but less than my 2 lb goal. I will take it and remind myself that I did good, but I can do better.

Good luck to everyone this week with their goals.

Last edited by krjpy; 03-05-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #1607  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

QOTD:

TMI!

I have not stripped for my husband because I feel too fat.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #1608  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone,

Ya'll are so great for motivation. I love to come here and read and chat with everyone. Thank you all for the support.

I went to WI today and was down 2.5 lbs. I have.2 more to go to officially loose 30lbs. I have fought for the whole month of February with my weight in the 170's. I knew when my weight got closer to goal I would have to "fight" to get it off. I just didn't realize I would be doing it so early. I will not even be at half way point until I have lost 38 lbs. However, I am not upset I am still averaging over 2lb weight loss a week and I got measured today and have lost 16 inches in 13 weeks. I only have 2 inches to go to have a healthy waistline for my heart according to Dr. Oz. So, I am happy. I was going to wait to get my hair cut and colored when I lost 30 lbs. But, I can't wait anymore so I am close enough I am going to do it Friday. I am so excited. I have not done anything with my hair since the day I started PWL.

I am also excited because my DH is coming home early from Malaysia. He was supposed to be home until the 12th. However, he is coming home tomorrow. I can't wait.

Well, I better go work on my DS's school yearbook. I volunteered to help out and it has turned into me doing it by myself. I have a deadline of March 28th and I do not intend on working on it this weekend. That is DH time. I will try to check back in later.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #1609  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
QOTD:

TMI!

I have not stripped for my husband because I feel too fat.
Its funny that you mention this because my husband is always asking my why my sex drive is non existent. I just feel really uncomfortable getting naked around him now that I've blown up.

When we first got together I was 125 lbs and a "wildcat"... now I just avoid it all together if possible.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #1610  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Morning Blues!

QOTD: Have you ever stepped out of your comfort zone and done something you're proud of? Is there something you've always wanted to do, try, experience but you're allowing your weight or your fears to hold you back?
Like Kelly, there are things I haven't done because of my weight. I've always wondered how some places determine a weight limit. Do they make it up or did someone break, sink, or destroy something?
Anyway, at 225lbs (only 11lbs away now), I will be joining a friend at a rock-climbing gym for a trip or two up the wall.
I also plan to go sea kayaking in the SF Bay and I've been using my weight as an excuse, 'though in reality I'm scared of open water and drowning. Well, without the weight as an excuse, I'll be doing that this summer, I hope.
And lastly, every time I belly dance in public (next performance is April 1 if anyone lives around here), I'm overcoming my fear.

Kelly / Chelle / Rhonda / Tee: Thanks for the congratulations and fond farewell wishes to that 1/2lb.

Dee: Not that I would ever wish a full 8-hour work day on anyone , but I do hope you're feeling much better today.

Chelle: Remember that stress affects your health too. Relax, sit back, do a little less than usual. Take care of you.

Tee: I miss boiled eggs, and deviled eggs, and sunny-side up eggs, and over-easy eggs (big sigh). The RDA for cholesterol is 300mg for a 2000 calorie diet (which I rarely eat that much food), and those lovely little things have between 187 to 247mg of it. My goal to get healthy is really infringing on my need for boiled eggs and deviled eggs and.... (Note to self: must remember heart disease runs in the family. Must write this over and over until I stop complaining. Waaaahhhh!!!)

Anyone remember The Arsenio Hall Show and his things that make you go hmmm? Well, I've got one. Is there a difference between and , other than color? Why is this one smug, and this one just a smilie? Hmmm?

Happy Wednesday!
-Sonja
Old 03-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #1611  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Its funny that you mention this because my husband is always asking my why my sex drive is non existent. I just feel really uncomfortable getting naked around him now that I've blown up.

When we first got together I was 125 lbs and a "wildcat"... now I just avoid it all together if possible.

Hey Chellez...I read this and thought OMG is this me talking I have to say though my husband and I'm sure yours also, doesn't care about the weight. I mean Kev has seen me big, small, medium, big again, and whenever I say I feel so fat and ugly he always says you always look great to me. I think it's more in our heads, but I totally know how you feel. I have to say though even now that I've lost almost 70lbs I still think that way. It's a really hard thing to break, so start now because when you get to goal you don't want to still be beating yourself up like I do. Your a beautiful girl, strut your stuff mama
Old 03-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #1612  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fluffy Chick View Post

Anyone remember The Arsenio Hall Show and his things that make you go hmmm? Well, I've got one. Is there a difference between and , other than color? Why is this one smug, and this one just a smilie? Hmmm?

-Sonja
Perhaps the first smiley is smug because she's been wearing her sunscreen and is avoiding wrinkles and skin cancer?
Old 03-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #1613  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Have you ever stepped out of your comfort zone and done something you're proud of? Is there something you've always wanted to do, try, experience but you're allowing your weight or your fears to hold you back?

I have a whole list of who’ve, could’ve, should’ves! At the top of my list is my dream of running a marathon. I’ve been procrastinating on starting the C25K, but I’ve decided to jump right into it this afternoon.

Dee - I think it’s very cool that you were in a play. That is one thing I was always too chicken to attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Its funny that you mention this because my husband is always asking my why my sex drive is non existent.(
Chellez, Thanks for the reminder I needed to take my hormones today! Without the hormones, my wildcat is very very shy! One thing I have noticed...the weight had never really been a problem between Hubby and I.... until my tummy got really big and developed that overhanging "apron." Now, my tummy just really makes me self conscious....not the fat butt or thighs, etc etc...just that darn gut!

Anna, I always wanted to learn how to pole dance (for my Hubby only!), but never could find classes in my area. Maybe I'll do that one day. Vixjean said that Carmen Electra's striptease workouts a pretty cool. Have you tried them?

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-05-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #1614  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Perhaps the first smiley is smug because she's been wearing her sunscreen and is avoiding wrinkles and skin cancer?
Dee: LOL! That's exactly what we need around here as of late . . . some light-hearted humor.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #1615  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

QOTD - I have alot of things I want to do/try but feel limited by my weight. Nothing crazy though. I didn't get that gene. This morning at the gym though I stepped WAY outside of my comfort zone. There is this StairMaster StepMill machine smack in the middle of the cardio section - imagine it at the center of the room, standing tall and all the other machines bowing to it. To top it of it manages to place your butt right at eye level of the members on the ellipticals and bikes! They are really high up, if you haven't seen one. Anyhow, I know this machine would kick my ***, literally! But I've been shy to get on it. Why? Because everyone might happen to notice that I'm fat? Anyways, this morning I said to heck with it, got on it, stayed on in for 5 agonizing minutes, and almsot fell off! Tomorrow I'll try to go for 6 minutes.

Glad you're feeling back to normal Theresa!

Sonja - funny thing is that as I've been searching for the perfect smiley for a post, I've noticed that smug one also and not understood it.

RE: sex. I was also smaller when I met DH, but oddly enough had MANY more hangups about my body then, than I do today. Rhonda - I do share your little hangup about the belly overhang when we are in WOT though. And of course we aren't in perfect agreement regarding quantity. Are any couples? He feels that my 2x/week-sex-drive is a little on the low side. I'm just all about quality!

My dd's have brought me 20 dandilions this morning.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #1616  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
RE: sex. I was also smaller when I met DH, but oddly enough had MANY more hangups about my body then, than I do today. Rhonda - I do share your little hangup about the belly overhang when we are in WOT though. And of course we aren't in perfect agreement regarding quantity. Are any couples? He feels that my 2x/week-sex-drive is a little on the low side. I'm just all about quality!
my husband is lucky to get it once every three weeks....

We are really slacking in the newlywed love making department... all my fault!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #1617  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I did it! (get your mind out of the gutters, ladies!) I just finished day 1, week1 of C25K. Oh my goodness, I feel awesome! Sweaty and very very tired, yet exhilirated at the same time.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #1618  
One life, live it well

I haven't been on FitDay today yet, so I'm hoping I'm a little low on calories today since I just got bit by the Cadbury Caramel Egg bug. I got an instant headache too. Within 1 minute of it being in my stomach - pounding headache. What does that mean? Other than that I'm DONE with Easter candy already!

Anyways, off to log my calories for the day to see if I get a full bowl or a cup of turkey chili tonight!

Chellez - you are really busy with work and school though, aren't you? Whenever we are super busy, sex is one of the first things to get scratched off of the ToDo list!

Last edited by Nori71; 03-05-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #1619  
One life, live it well

Wtg Rhonda!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #1620  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

QOTD: Lots of things... swimming is a big one though. Last summer I just bit the bullet and took my kids swimming, I didn't care. But it's so hard and if I felt more comfortable in my body, I'd go way more often. Hopefully this summer will be better. There are other sports I'd like to try, like snowboarding, but my size makes me so self-conscious. My DH loves snowboarding and I'd love to go with him, but... not right now.

I have two non-scale victories to report!
First - we had an unusual warm up this weekend and I was able to fit into my size 16 capris that haven't fit since before I got pregnant baby #3! So almost 2 years! They were tight but after I had them on a few minutes it was fine. Six months ago I couldn't even zip them up while laying down on my back.
Second - I bought some new jeans last night in my usual size (18) came home, and they were too big! So I went back tonight and exchanged them for a 16. I thought 14 would be pushing it, and I want to wear them NOW, not shrink into them.
The capris & jeans are different brands so I can't tell myself it was a fluke. I lost a pant size.
I guess this feels good because my weight loss on the scale has been slow but apparently the exercising I'm doing is paying off.