Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #106  
Jody -- Blue team

S/C/G: 205/ticker/145

Height: 5'4''

1. What do you prefer we call you? Jody

2. What weight loss plan are you using? A little bit of everything – mostly calorie counting

3. What is your favorite exercise? Walking around the lake with the dog, or the elliptical if I am at the gym

4. What is one area that you struggle? Staying on plan .. I can be good for days or even weeks then I fall off the wagon and it usually takes several days to get back on.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Drinking my water

6. What is your short term goal? 20 pounds

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Hopefully fitting into the size 14 pants sitting in my closet that I have never worn.

8. Best weight loss tip? no eating on the couch

9. Bob or Jillian? The combo of the 2. I like tough Jillian but also yoga Bob

10. Tell us about yourself! I’m 32, single and 1 four legged kid. I have dealt with this weigh issue for the past 10 years. I am ready to get it under control once and for all.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #107  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Blue Team!!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #108  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Wow, I can't believe other guys haven't joined in on these challenges. My friend and I love the show and when I saw this sub-forum, I knew I had to try! I'm hoping the thought of Jillian screaming at me will help push me when I want to quit.

I know her talk of interval training really got me through a tough 60 minutes on the bike today. I'm even thinking about doing another 30 and maybe some Walk Away The Pounds.

Take care all!

John

John!!! Welcome It's great to see a guy around. I often see Jillian in my workouts, I can even picture her face yelling at me, telling me to work harder. I'm glad I am not the only one ....it's a great way to get through a workout.

Cheers, Ginger
Old 01-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #109  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieJ View Post
When my fingers are not busy on the keyboard they are knitting. I attribute some of my first 20 lb loss to the completion of 4 scarfs, 3 pairs of socks, 1 hat, 1 knitted backpack and 1 sweater. I am working on the next 20 with a blanket and will be trying to knit a pair a gloves next .
Maggie - you are hilarious!!!!! Way to go!
Purple: I drink herbal decaf tea at night, no milk, no sugar. It helps keep the munchies at bay. Also, if I really need it, I eat popcorn plain, no butter, no salt. I know it's boring, but it helps and Im actually starting to like it. Good Grief!!! I could never have imagined that a month ago.

Cheers, Ginger
Old 01-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #110  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Tuesday Blue Team! (Vanessa, is it still Tues in Austrailia? I always get confused about that)

I've worked up a spreadsheet with our team listed so I can keep ya'll straight. With 56 of us, it's going to be a fun challenge. By my counting, all but 4 of us have checked in, that's impressive, I hope we don't lose to many.

Some personals to do:

John - Welcome to the challenge, I'll try to contain my tales of PMS related woe.

Dionne - I'm happy to see someone from my area. I didn't think there was anyone else on the board from Mobile/Pensacola.

Chelle - I'm trying to find the furkid a blue outfit for the challenge. I may end up making her a goal t-shirt or bandana for my avatar. Congrats on the house, painting burns a lot of calories.

Pam - I love scrapbooking too. I picked up some blue embelishments the other day thinking I'd make a Before/After Challenge page.

Jody - I have outfits in my closet that haven't been worn yet either. That's my summer goal, to be able to fit into everything I own, so I can toss it out and start again at a smaller size.

Selina - Glad you decided to un-lurk. I figured you were just busy with the kiddos. I'm amazed at all you do. One furkid and a part-time stepson is enough to wipe me out.

Jordan - Did I read that you are a runner? I just started the c25k program, any advice?

Karen - Blame the instructions if you have extra washers, that's what I do.
Good luck on getting your little one to take a nap.

Maggie - I wish I could knit. I can use one of those loom things to make scarves and hats, but that's about it.

Okay, that's all I can do right now, I need to get back to work! Have a great day!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #111  
Go Blue Team!!!

S/C/G: 182/171/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Blue Team!!!

I just finished 2.5 mi on the treadmill and did another 20 min. with free weights.
I'm pooped but pumped!!!

My weigh-in is tomorrow. I've had a pretty good week as far as eating and exercising go. Sure hope the scale shows me some love!

This is the longest I've ever gone without weighing myself. I tend to be a daily weigher........but as you can see, that didn't get me anywhere.
So that's my other new endevour......just weighing once a week!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #112  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Nori - Would you be offended if I told you that your name makes me crave sushi? Hope not!
Not at all...at least it's a good craving! It's a nickname that I received years ago at work and while I don't "use" it all the time, I get the seaweed thing often enough. My real name is Lenora. Here I get called Momto2/Mom2 alot.

I'm going to get a little cheat sheet so I know which Name goes with which log in name!

My little ones are sick today so I cannot take them to the gym. Gotta wait and go when DH gets home from work/gym.

BBL-Nori
Old 01-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #113  

Height: 5'9"

Oh my gosh ladies, I'm so behind. I was out yesterday at Dr. appointments and I just never got around to catching up with this thread. So, I'm just going to jump in in the middle of it.

The good news is that yesterday I was FINALLY taken off of coumadin. I can now eat green vegetables!!! YES! My fiance and I went out last night to celebrate and I had a couple glasses of wine. Ahhhh, my first alcoholic beverage in MONTHS. So, I didn't stay within my eating guidelines yesterday at all because of the celebrations. (Mmmmmm, spinach dip!) However, I did work out really hard at the gym beforehand.

Having veggies is going to open a lot of doors for me with my weight loss efforts. I'm really excited.

1. What do you prefer we call you? Amber

2. What weight loss plan are you using? I'm counting calories

3. What is your favorite exercise? Climbing stairs.

4. What is one area that you struggle? I have a had tarm not binging on sweets and cheese and carbs. . . haha

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I don't drink soda. I rarely consume liquid calories.

6. What is your short term goal? 12 pounds

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? A bikini

8. Best weight loss tip? Keep busy so you dont boredom eat.

9. Bob or Jillian? I like them both. I'd probably pick Jillian for my personal self, though.

10. Tell us about yourself! I’m 27. I live in Wrigleyville and work in downtown Chicago. I'm getting married in Hawaii on May 30th of this year. Yay! I'm trying to slim down in time for the wedding photos.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #114  
searching 4 the real me

1. What do you prefer we call you? Jenn
2. What weight loss plan are you using? Atkins

3. What is your favorite exercise? I like using the Eliptical machine at the gym and using the bike (spin classes)

4. What is one area that you struggle? I would say it is me being an emotional eater. I am trying to overcome it. I am trying to focus more on exercising when I get the urge to eat out boredom, being stressed out, sad, etc..

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? When my motivation is there, I work hard and push myself to the limits at the gym.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? A new outfit

8. Best weight loss tip? Plan your meals ahead of time including snacks.

9. Bob or Jillian? I would probably say Jillian. She is tough and will push you to your limits and probably beyond however training with Bob would be great too. I could watch him all day!!

10. Tell us about yourself! My name is Jenn and I am a 35yr old SAHM. I have 2 wonderful boys and a awesome husband. I have been overweight for many years now and I am ready to shed all of this so the new and happier me can come out.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #115  
On the BLUE team! GO Blue

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/157

Height: 5'6"

1. What do you prefer we call you? Bren

2. What weight loss plan are you using? LAWL

3. What is your favorite exercise? I'll let you know when I find one! HAHA I like to walk and am working up to jogging/ running.

4. What is one area that you struggle? I'm not struggling as much as my sweet tooth is...

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I am good at staying on plan

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? New undies!

8. Best weight loss tip? Instead of walking to the cupboard to snack, go for a walk

9. Bob or Jillian? Probably bob, Julian kicks my butt on the video!

10. Tell us about yourself! I'm 33, married to a great guy for 10 years. Have 3 kids 12, 10, and 8. Live in Minnesota, work as a bus driver. I love to vacation and look forward to spring and summer when I can work outside in the yard.

Below is a "before" pic
Bren
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maui 2007 104 Medium Web view.jpg (80.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #116  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Wow...I cannot believe all of you that can keep up with personals. If I tried to take that kind of time, my little one would have the house trashed.

I hope everyone is doing well today. I fell off of the wagon this morning, but I have the rest of my day planned, so I should be able to stick to my calories. And how great to have those calories used in the AM, so that I have time to burn them? (trying to make the best of a bad situation)
Old 01-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #117  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieJ View Post
When my fingers are not busy on the keyboard they are knitting. I attribute some of my first 20 lb loss to the completion of 4 scarfs, 3 pairs of socks, 1 hat, 1 knitted backpack and 1 sweater. I am working on the next 20 with a blanket and will be trying to knit a pair a gloves next .

My mom says, "Knit, Not Nibble!"
Old 01-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Okay, just a few personals right now because I got confused. Promise to keep up better from here on out! Had planned to be on a lot last night, but then we had a MASSIVE windstorm, so I had turned the compy off in case the power went out.

Clearly I need some coffee because I am NOT awake this morning. Slept badly for the second night in a row, because DBF is back on night shifts and I get scared when he's gone at night! I'm such a wuss!

Dionne – How are you doing, post-wisdom teeth? I had a miserable time when I got mine out (it’s a really unpleasant time to discover an allergy to T3’s!), so I always empathize with people’s swelling/pain/inability to eat.

Selina – Hey girl! I was surprised to see no posts from you most of yesterday, and then ta-DA! There you were. Don’t make fun of your long posts, you know we all love ‘em! You are such an inspiration to so many of us, and your attitude is sooo encouraging.

Amber – How does fostering kittens go for you? I’ve thought about it, but I think I would just want to adopt them all, or be too heartbroken when they left me for their forever-home.

Rhonda – YAHOOOO on your first hour on the treadmill! I am SO confident that this is going to be a good challenge for you and I (and Chelle, too, who shares our struggles), I really am.

Vanessa
– I looove aquacize! So much fun, and my joints love that it’s low/no impact. You deserve a big CONGRATS for getting out your frustrations with exercise yesterday!

Vixjean – YAHOOOOOOO 16months!

Lorra – Ohmy I love the Wii! I got DBF a table tennis game for Christmas, and it is HARD – such a workout.

Chelle – I’m so glad the walk-through went well. I’m so excited for you all!

Dee – Okay, I am SO glad I’m not the only one with a spreadsheet!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #119  
Gettin' healthy in 2008

S/C/G: 225/186/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey bluesers!! Today my daughter had a sore throat and there was a case of strep in her class soooooo I took her to the doctor for the strep test – NEGATIVE! YAY! But we stayed home today anyway – she really isn’t feeling well! I don’t know what got into me last night but I ate 37 points! OMG!! I get 25 per day and I did have the Flexers to use but still…SHEESH!

Selina – WOW! You have a lot going on! I’m in awe you can be so committed to yourself – very important and so many women just don’t….WTG! Now that you mentioned it – I think I failed to mention my DH! LOL!!

John – don’t know why I didn’t put it together that Antares is John!! D’oh – at least I know now! No more hating yourself….so not allowed!

Heather – omg – cloth diapers!! I think hiking with the kids is uber cool! I should start that with my kiddo!

Purple – regarding munching – I save the points for popcorn at night and have it while watching a fave tv program of the night – that helps me stay OP and stops my mindless munching!

Pam – nice to see your intro and get to know you! I’ve always wanted to scrapbook (I mentioned this before I do believe) I just know it takes a lot of time, patience and organization – none of which I have LOL!! WTG on exercising!!!

Rhonda – I still would love to work at home but alas, that isn’t to be – yet anyway. I’m getting my personal trainer certification and hopefully one of these days I’ll be my own boss! See, you are making miss Georgia more – even with the snow – does it still shut everything down with even a mere mention of snow? LOL Got your milk, bread and eggs? LOL

Amber – I agree on participating!! Good luck with your GRE’s (I have no idea really what those are but sounds tough! LOL)

Jordan – I laughed at your “Jordan’s Plan” but how great that you can figure out what works for you and put something together from all the different plans out there! AWESOME! As for running, not this chickie – I don’t enjoy it nevermind the fact that I just can’t coz I always get shin splints when I try!

Fran – wow – another treadmiller – man I don’t know how you guys do it – I never have liked it. I haven’t listened to Jillian’s podcasts yet but just learned of them last week – I am going to try to tune it in this weekend!

Shannon – I swear, you guys are a crafty bunch – knitting too?! WOW!! How cool that you work at the Y – do you get free membership too?

Shay – I also eat out of emotions – but of course, I think any reason to eat is a good one – which is how I ended up overweight!! We can do this girl!

Anna – I love the elliptical – I can get so lost on it, ya know? How exciting to be starting a new business! Good luck with it!

Zinke – WTG on getting your exercise in!!

Maggie – I have a problem with maintaining too – right there with ya!

Rosalie – Yeah, Minneapolis isn’t so bad….I live in a burb of MPLS and rarely venture into downtown so I’m not really benefitting of living so close to such a great area full of culture. I just hate driving down there!! I can’t wait for the day I can at least visit NYC even if I never get to live there

Karen – I’ve really been watching my sodium – I’m on high blood pressure pills and I know it’s important!

Bev – I hear ya on not feeling as old as I am…..I swear, I must be early 20’s here LOL!

Alana Jo – I agree, there is never enough time in the day!! I know once you fall off the wagon it is hard to get back on but you can do it – it’s those small baby steps you mentioned (the water and biggest loser low-impact workout) that add up to big changes!! KOKO!

Vanessa – sounds like you had quite a day there!!! Good for you for exercising your stress away instead of heading to the fridge!!! That is MAJOR in my book!

Michelle – I’m with you – I have to make myself exercise too – it’s just hard to start but I never regret it once I get going!

Kelly – thanks for the hula-hoop info….I can’t do a regular one so I’d have to get good on one of the regular ones first – otherwise, it’d spend more time on my toes LOL

Vix – WTG on being clean and sober for 16 months! YAY!!!!!!!

Lorra – WTG on the 15 lbs gone so far! SUPER! I joined WW on 10/6/07 and am down 16 so far! WE ROCK! I too love the Wii – it’s a great way to exercise!

Chelle – hope the painting and move goes smoothly!!! I’m personally glad McD’s wasn’t kind to you – so now I know you’ll won’t be going there again for awhile LOL

Jody – what kinda doggie you got? I love animals!! I have 2 dogs myself (also 1 cat, 2 hammies and a parakeet) LOL

Dee – lovin’ the spreadsheet idea – I’m so stealing it! LOL

Sara – WTG on the workout already – SUPER! Good luck at weigh-in!

Amber (elise) – I’m glad you are off Coumadin now!! Celebrations are hard to stay on track with so no worries – you worked out so I would say you are okay! We are neighbors – you are in Chi-Town and I’m in Murderapolis LOL

Jenn – I would love to be a SAHM – I know you enjoy it but can you enjoy it a little extra today for me

Bren – Hey- my fellow Minnesotan! YAY! What part you live in? I am also looking forward to spring – this year, I’m planting a garden and cannot wait!

Okay – off to do laundry – my daughter is making a playhouse out of cardboard – it’s cute and kept her occupied while I visited with you guys!!
Later!

Last edited by Frozen Peach; 01-15-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #120  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hey everyone,
I figure I better get this in when I can. I may not be able to get on here tonight. Lunch was done 15 minutes ago but I was determined to read all of the posts and do some personals.

Welcome John! I think its exciting to have guy on our team.

Rhonda--Regarding the soreness they say its the day after the day after.

Thanks Diva! It looks like you are doing really well according to your ticker!

Purple--I tend to get online or just go to bed to avoid the munchies.

Maggie--LOL about the knitting. Maybe I need to get back into crocheting to help with my weight loss.

dixiedieter--I have a scrapbook dedicated to my weight loss journey. Right now I can't remember what color it is.

Chelle & Pam-- I love scrapbooking too. What's funny is because I am a fairly new scrapbooker is that I'm only scrapbooking really old pictures right now. I haven't even made it to new ones yet.

Chelle & Amber--I live in Arlington, VA.

Amerelise--Congrats on the veggies!

Zinkemom--I love e-bay. Its where I get most of my exercise dvds and my small exercise accessories.

Kelly--Where would you buy a weighted hula hoop? My mom would love that!

I will check back in later if I can. I plan to exercise during TBL. American Idol starts back tonight. I may be flipping during commercial breaks. I'm not sure though because I generally don't watch until they get to Hollywood. All the bad auditions really get on my nerves!

Last edited by Shay; 01-15-2008 at 02:18 PM.