Old 03-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #1546  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
After looking through the weight losses on here I realized that the people who chat the most are generally NOT the ones losing the most weight.
In all fairness, because I believe this is your first challenge right?, the information I state about people who post lose more is not solely based on this one challenge. It's based on all of the challenges I've run since September of 2006. I'm simply basing my information off of a trend in challenges, this one however may be different. Like all trends, they have to end sometime.

Quote:
Therefore, I don't think people who ARE losing should be penalized.
This sounds like you're making a suggestion that people that do chat don't lose. The team leaders aren't penalizing anyone because they are losing. The three of us agreed that if you aren't participating then you shouldn't get to be Biggest Loser. No one has said that you can't get recognition in the chat threads or elsewhere. I know I personally buy the overall Biggest Loser a gift for winning. If I don't know you or anything about you, why would I want to send you something for just posting a number every week?

Quote:
When I joined the challenge there was no mention of having to participate in discussions in order to be the biggest weekly loser.
You are correct, when the challenge started there was not a rule in place because the team leaders had not thought of a way to boost participation. I was approached by Melissa (the Red team leader) about her team participation because it upsets her that she works so hard as a leader but only a handful participate. So we had to come up with a way to either have people participate or do whatever.

Quote:
That is in itself the biggest thorn in my side right now.
You post a number once a week, but dropping by to say hello and how you are is painful?

Quote:
this is not the biggest poster challenge. It's about losing weight and getting healthy.
I don't think it is the biggest poster challenge either... hence why I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
The participation thing is just so you can drop by once a week and let us know how you are doing, whenever you get time.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #1547  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Purple - I see your point, it really isn't fair to the team to post such a big gain when I have a free week left. So freebie week it is.

I finally found a medicine that seems to be working for me. I'm to the coughing up a lung stage of this crud. Mom recommended Mucinex which has an expectorant and cough suppresant, which never makes since to me, condiering they do opposite things. Oh well, I don't argue with my Rx tech mom. I just wish it would make me sleepy, daytime TV sucks. No wonder I work. Oh, wait, that's for the $$$.

I'm supposed to me planning a menu, I'd better get back to work.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #1548  

Height: 5'6

Meh...I've been gaining weight. *sniffles*
But the weird thing is...my size hasn't changed. I guess the resistance band training has been helping my body stay it's size even though i've gained weight. My pants are still loose.
But since it's warmed up, I can go back to the gym again, and I've started working out again since I started Saturday. I started doing some yoga again though. I just feel soooo tired, I need to get better sleep I think.
I'm supposed to start some martial arts training in a few weeks with my friend. I think it'll be a good change to kick butt and do some aerobics.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #1549  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I'm biting my tongue...I'm biting my tongue...I'm biting my tongue.....

Okay, so where all of my awesome team mates today? I'd love to hear from you and know how you're doing. We may not all be losing the most weight, but I sure do appreciate your support and encouragement on this very very difficult journey.
Oh Rhonda! I you!

Right now I'm at work and I just finished invoicing so that's all done and waiting for approval. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to fix my mess of the Blue's Cruise challenge since we missed a week. I'm thinking we are going to have to sail right on by Portugal.

My eating has been really bad since I got sick. Thankfully the bug decided to eat up the majority of it but I'm rolling back up the scale since the bug flew away.

My main focus right now is trying to move more. I need to finish up painting in the fitness room (yea I'm still working on that!) and get the treadmill and tv moved in there. I'm kind of waiting on the tax refund to come in so I can buy a big floor rug for that room since its all hardwood flooring. Need to have some traction when I'm working out!

How's the calorie counting coming along? I need to recommit to doing that since I've been slacking on my FitDay and my blogs. Won't you recommit with me?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #1550  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's Question:

Do you take vitamins or nutritional supplements? What do you take and why do you take it?
Nope, I start off good about taking them and then just forget, so I don't take anything, that way I don't feel bad about wasting the money on them
Old 03-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #1551  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
So do I take the free week or not? I suppose I don't need to decide right now, maybe I'll see what the rest of the team posts.
This is truly your choice. If you need to post that number to make yourself accountable, then do it. If you feel you need to take the freebie and just getback in the sadle, do that. We are a team and as such I know that either choice you make, I will support you. Hope you feel better. Drink plenty of water
Old 03-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #1552  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Nope, I start off good about taking them and then just forget, so I don't take anything, that way I don't feel bad about wasting the money on them
I had the same problem with birth control pills. So now I'm just using other methods.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #1553  
budding cinephile

BTW Rhonda...

I so forgot to mail out Wings in the Night to you! Its funny cause I saw it in the garage last night and I thought... OH! Rhonda needed that!

I'll be heading out tomorrow
Old 03-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #1554  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

Ok, I, unlike Rhonda, cannot seem to bite my tongue.

As someone who has lost weight EVERY WEEK during this challenge and posted at least once a weekday (I am bad about posting on the weekend), I found it very insulting that someone makes a statement like the one that was made today.

I come here to not only be supported, but to support. You know, not just take, but to give. If that wasn't what you were looking for, if you were only looking for a place to post your weight, why join a "Challenge". The point of a "Challenge" would be to participate, hence the definition "a call to engage in a contest or fight".

If you don't want to participate, then don't, but don't slam those who are.

Chelle, if the week that seems to have everyone up in arms about the "Biggest Loser" not going to the Biggest Loser because they didn't post, is the week it was given to me. Then Give it to them Maybe that will stop the bickering.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #1555  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

A bit in agreement with missingmyerica, at least the part about the minimum participation requirement for biggest loser title being made after the challenge started. I have no chance of being TBL I don't think BUT I think criteria shouldn't be added once the challenge has started. JMHO no flames please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Today's Question:

Do you take vitamins or nutritional supplements? What do you take and why do you take it?
[/QUOTE]

I take a prenatal vitamin - only because I still have them so I'll take them before buying new multivitamins - and fish oil. I took 5htp for a time but it made me too groggy to function well.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #1556  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

No flames HH. I actually don't disagree that adding a rule after it started was a little off IMO.

BUT that being said, I don't think that someone should take shots at those who are here everyday asking for our support and providing some in return. The grip over the "new rule" being added late was not my beef. The comment about those who participate "generally NOT" being the ones losing weigh was. This is a very emotional and personal journey and to have someone verbally "slap" at me or anyone else in this challenge like that was hurtful and disrespectful.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #1557  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I have a second to check in properly.

I posted a pathetic loss, especially after taking a freebie. Makes me pissy.

I have found something new on which to focus my free time, so I am not going to be here as often, but I will be here at least once daily. My laptop is in the kitch, so when things are broiling, I can check back. The thing about which I am excited is that I am writing again. This time with full spousal support. There have been times when I have felt he was ready for me to give up because I was not getting published as quickly or in the publications that I wanted. That meant a lot of work for little, and usually no payout. We have worked that out as a couple.

Now I am being creative for the sake of creativity and hoping, but not counting on, prosperity to follow. I am spending a lot of time with a pen in my hand or colored pencils or some other medium and finding myself happy. I am journaling more, poetess-ing more and doodling more. That is all good. I would not be surprised if my stagnant weight loss and stagnant creativity were connected in some way.

I need to flip the fish (garlic chili tilapia!). I also wanted to add that I got The Sneaky Chef, which I find to be better than Deceptively Delicious. I am excited to get more weird veggies into our diets!

Last edited by onthetee; 03-03-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #1558  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
No flames HH. I actually don't disagree that adding a rule after it started was a little off IMO.

BUT that being said, I don't think that someone should take shots at those who are here everyday asking for our support and providing some in return. The grip over the "new rule" being added late was not my beef. The comment about those who participate "generally NOT" being the ones losing weigh was. This is a very emotional and personal journey and to have someone verbally "slap" at me or anyone else in this challenge like that was hurtful and disrespectful.
I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings. My feelings have been hurt by the following rant:

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/chellez/

I was one of those people who didn't post. I guess I couldn't get it through my....how was that put...oh yeah...."my small brain", that I needed to post.

There have been many things said about non or infrequent posters that have been very negative and nasty. Someone bravely expressed her feelings of being left out of conversations and was called a "whiner" by another poster. IMO that is not the kind of ridicule I want to be part of. I will continue to post my "numbers" even though it's clearly been stated in that blog that if wishes came true I would be dropped from the challenge. Yeah...kinda makes you feel all warm inside.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #1559  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everybody,

I posted a very small lose this week. But at least it was not a gain. My center says that it is because I started exercising that the scales are not moving. They said that my body will take time to get used to exercising. So, I hope to post a great loss next week.

On another note, I went to try on new jeans today. I went from a tight 16 to a 14/12 (depending on how they are made). I hope to get measured on Wed. and find out how many inches I have lost.

CONGRATS to everyone that had a loss and to those that didn't keep working on it you will prevail.

Well, I better go cook dinner we are supposed to get bad weather tonight.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #1560  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I'm here! Super, duper busy day at work and don't have much time to spend online. I'll be back later tonight after I get home.