Old 01-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #46  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Blue Team!!

1. What do you prefer we call you? Aileen (pronounced like I-Lean)

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Best LIfe

3. What is your favorite exercise? Treadmill!

4. What is one area that you struggle? It would take less time for me to say what I don't struggle with. I would have to say staying motivated.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Coming back for more

6. What is your short term goal? To get into ONEderland.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Clothes! I'll hopefully need them by then!

8. Best weight loss tip? Get right back up and get back on track

9. Bob or Jillian? Yummy Bob....

10. Tell us about yourself! My name is Aileen and I live in North Carolina. I'm happily married to Darrell and I have 3 kids. John is a 21 year old Marine, just got home from Iraq in September, eloped with his fiance in October. Adam is a 20 year old college sophomore at Western Carolina (psych major and tuba player in the marching band) who just got engaged to his girlfriend, Ashley. Olivia is 14 and in 8th grade. She's my princess.

My favorite hobby is scrapbooking. I work full time as a legal assistant, but sure would like to win the lottery so I could stay home!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #47  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

OH SELINA!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!

I know you're lurking on this forum somewhere!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #48  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello,

I am using Rhonda’s Questions (the ones she stole from the Red Team)

1. What do you prefer we call you? Kelly

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Pure Weight Loss Plan

3. What is your favorite exercise? Weighted Hula Hoop

4. What is one area that you struggle? Time Management with a DH that works 24 hours shifts and a VERY active DS, I never seem to have all the time I want or need.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Commitment

6. What is your short term goal? I want to lose 20.4 pounds during this Challenge. That would put me more that ˝ way to my ultimate goal. Keep your fingers crossed ... light a candle ... say a prayer ... I'll take whatever will help

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? A New Goal

8. Best weight loss tip? No matter what people tell you, you need to do some form exercise. It really does make you feel better.

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian is too Cool and I want to look like her, but I like Bob’s Tough Love philosophy

10. Tell us about yourself! I am 35, happily married to a Firefighter/Paramedic and we have a wonderful (most of the time) little boy who turned 8 in January.

I started with Pure Weight Loss Centers (who are now closed) back in September weighing in at a whopping 311.8 (the most I have EVER weighed). Since then I have dropped to 255.4 (as of the weight listing for this challenge) ... and still going. I simply needed the regimentation.

My son asked me when I talked about doing this why I wanted to go in a diet, he said I was beautiful just the way I was. I decided then and there I would make sure he never looked at me and thought otherwise. I will get to 175; hopefully before the end of this year. I will stay there and never go back.

I just wanted to let you all know I am here, not just for me, but for anyone needing any type of support I can give.

Kelly
Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

1. What do you prefer we call you? Purple is fine, or Theresa

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Calorie counting, trying to keep at least 40% from protein and no more than 30% from fat.

3. What is your favorite exercise? WATP! and TurboJam, Jillian circuits, and Ellen Barrett, and the ballet workout on the on demand...have to choose just one?

4. What is one area that you struggle? Emotional binges, but I am beating them this year!

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I am an exercise freak, I just love it!

6. What is your short term goal? I'm 1 lb. away from losing 10% of my starting weight, and my goal for the challenge is to reach 20%.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I have reward packages for each percentage goal, including lots of things I have been wanting.

8. Best weight loss tip? Change your negative thought patterns. If you go into this thinking you're going to fail...then you probably will! Start telling yourself you CAN and WILL do it, catch yourself when something negative flashes through your mind. A lot of this is mental.

9. Bob or Jillian? JILLIAN all the way!

10. Tell us about yourself! I am 30 yo, married in NC. I stay home with my little ones--4 year old son and almost 6 yo daughter. We have three dogs and a kitten, all about as spoiled as the children Hubby is a truck driver and is gone during the week, so it feels a lot like being a single parent at times, esp. now since he's been out almost 3 weeks
Old 01-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #50  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone,

It seems that I forgot to say yesterday why I am on pain killers. I had my 4 wisdom teeth cut out on Friday. So, needless to say I can't eat and look like a chipmunk. I have been doing a lot of sleeping. I hope to get back to being a little normal tomorrow.

1. What do you prefer we call you? Dionne

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Pure Weight Loss Plan

3. What is your favorite exercise? Spin class

4. What is one area that you struggle? Time Management

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Commitment

6. What is your short term goal? I want to lose 25 lbs. by the end of the challenge. That would put me at 164. I haven't been at this weight since 2005.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? clothes

8. Best weight loss tip? positive attitude.

9. Bob or Jillian? I would love to have either one as a trainer.

10. Tell us about yourself I am 33 years old and live in Mobile, Alabama. I am a SAHM to DS 6 and DD 20 months. My husband and I have been married almost 10 years and been together 17 1/2 years. He is very supportive of me and I couldn't ask for more. I better go no the meds are kicking in. I will try to get on tomorrow and get pics. posted.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #51  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Go Blue Team!!!

1. What do you prefer we call you? Ginger

2. What weightloss plan are you using? organic and whole foods only, portioned protein

3. What is your favorite exercise? Working out on my treadmill with my ipod!

4. What is one area that you struggle? Binge eating

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? During the day, I am a ROCK! it's the nightime crave demons that I fight.

6. What is your short term goal? Finish this challenge healthier and lighter. I would like to ideally lose about 20 pounds.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? For this challenge, a pedicure

8. Best weight loss tip? I drink herbal decaf tea at night to keep cravings at bay.

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian. I can picture her yelling at me while I am working out. And Bob is just not my type

10. Tell us about yourself! I'm a SAHM to three 3.5 year old boys. I love scrapbooking, baking and cooking. I have a steamy romance with working out and it gives me a real high, but it's getting on the treadmill that I struggle with. Once I am going, I'm hard to stop. I like to go hard or go home. I am a reality TV junkie and am currently in love with "what not to wear" which I only just discovered. I know it's been on for ages...but...I'm lame that way. I'm committed 100% to losing the weight this time!!! Go blue team!

Ginger
Old 01-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #52  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Sorry to butt in..but Ginger do you have triplets?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #53  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

1. What do you prefer we call you? Anything but late for dinner...
2. What weightloss plan are you using? no offical one

3. What is your favorite exercise? yoga..power yoga

4. What is one area that you struggle? I tend to just give up...get frustrated and quit trying

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I can cook some good heathy chow...

What is your short term goal? Wear shorts...
7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? My DH promised me a new wardrobe from the most expensive store in town

8. Best weight loss tip? Life is about the journey, do enjoy the ride
9. Bob or Jillian? All I have to say is Bob is lucky I am married.....

10. Tell us about yourself! I am 40 years old, I go to school part time, married, love anything metaphyisical...(shrug) not much more to say...
Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #54  
Gettin' healthy in 2008

S/C/G: 225/186/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello! I'm Nadalie, 42, mom of 4 - oldest is 19 in college getting her criminal justice degree, I have twins that are 19 (boy/girl) - my son lives in Georgia where we are from originally, his twin sister lives here and works at Pizza Hut while she decides where to go to college - she wants to major in Child Psycholog, my youngest is 10 (just turned) and she's my baby (read: spoiled) I am a Graphic Designer for a school district here and love my job!VERY happy to be on the Blue Team!!

Here's the survey:
. What do you prefer we call you? Nadalie or Peach

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Weight Watchers - Flex

3. What is your favorite exercise? elliptical

4. What is one area that you struggle? all of them! If it goes slow I get frustrated, I need to exercise more - I mean really...the list is endless

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? can't think of any

6. What is your short term goal? to get to ONEderland

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? haven't decided yet

8. Best weight loss tip? never give up - you only fail when you quit trying

9. Bob or Jillian? I like 'em both - so a combo please

10. Tell us about yourself! already did up above

Chelle - did yo pack yet????

Cristina - I laughed when I read your DD critiqued your photo choices - sounds like something my kids would do!! I too am in my 2nd marriage! Loved reading your story - thanks for sharing it!

Dionne - hey there! Spin class? OMG I couldn't do that one! Alabama huh? I sure miss living in the South!! Sorry to hear about the Wisdom teeth - I'm having surgery on my mouth on Friday - not looking forward to it but should score big at next weeks weigh-in!

Vanessa - Thanks for the intro idea!! It's my 1st BL challenge here too and I'm so excited!! I think it's cool you live in Australia - my 10 y/o has been obsessed with Australia for years!

Rhonda - You say you work at home - do you have a second job other than the obvious?? I've always wanted to work at home!! Hope your doctor's appointment went well!

Purple - hey there!!!

Karen - Happy early birthday to your son!! Good luck being off work!

Ashley - My daughters (the 19 y/o) Best Friend studies oprah in Iowa - I think it's cool!

Erin - your job sounds cool and your furkid is adorable!!! I used to go to Curves - does your Curves have those Smart Machines?

Jenn - Nice to meet you! Thank you for loaning us your husband in the Army and thank him for answering the call!! Much appreciated!

Marianne - ROFL! LOVE the cartoon!

Brenda - I'm in MN too! Near MPLS here! Nice to meet a local!

Dee - owned by your dog - tooooo funny and I can so relate!!

ZInke - I have twins too - 'cept mine are 19 now - they grow up too fast!!

Sara - wow - I hate the dreadmill! LOL I admire anyone that can do that long term!! YGG! Oh I'm a foodaholic too!!!

Kimberly - I'm a major Biggest Loser fan!!! I also need to work on being consistent with exercise!!

Elizabeth - howdy neighbor!!!

Nori - I've heard Seattle is gorgeous and would love to visit there one of these days!! I have a friend who lives there so who knows!

Sonja - Belly dancing huh? I would love to do that - I should take a class soon from our community center - I saw the sign and they are offering it!

Aileen - ONEderland is my goal too!!! Glad your son made it home safe from Iraq - eloping huh? WOW!! Exciting!

Kelly - I've heard of those weighted hula hoops - does it really give you a workout cardio wise?

Rosalie - oooo I love NYC and have never been! LOL!! I used to want to live there but had a family instead!

okay - all caught up 'cept for those that posted while I typed my novella! LOL
Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #55  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Hi Bluezers!!!! Hope you all have had a great OP day today!!!

Here is my info:

1. What do you prefer we call you? Selina or Soon2b, or Soon, if that's easier!

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Eat less, move more, yada yada yada. (counting cals, usually 1100-1700, and would like to work back up to my old usual of 10,000 steps a day.)

3. What is your favorite exercise? Walking, marching or jogging in place while watching TV, sometimes with my 2 yr old dd on one leg. LOL. True story. I have a treadmill but can't get on without her wanting on too. Working on training her to stay put with toys. But she loves me! (Well all my kids do, it's just that toddlers want you ALL the time!)

4. What is one area that you struggle? Evenings make me want to munch, dunno why!

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Staying positive that I can turn it around at any hour, day, or year. It's up to me and no one else.

6. What is your short term goal? To hit 177, My 100 lb mark! I will be 2 lbs smaller than I ever have been as an adult and actually was only under 200 for a few months as an adult, LOL.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Shopping for clothes with all the money I'm saving now!! I will be hoping to receive money only from everyone for everything this year too to help restock my closet, (birthday, Christmas and anniversary). Woohoo!!! I will hit goal this year!!!

8. Best weight loss tip? Be prepared!!!!! Spend time pulling up calorie counts for every single thing you eat when you aren't home (esp if you count cals now). I have a big list I've worked on for a while that has KFC, Taco Bell, McDs, etc. bc my DH and kids want to eat out at least once a week or once every other week and I hate not knowing my cals! (I'm home so I cook almost all our meals, this was really important for me when I worked outside my home and couldnt cook my own food every meal.) Also, carry good snacks when you are out, like cereal or plain popcorn ready in your bag so you won't want to grab fast food every time. I used to keep (and will be again) a box of Honey Nut Cheerios in my car. LOL. Saved me many a time.

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian!! I love her!!!! She inspires me.

10. Tell us about yourself! I am a 34 yr old mom to currently 5 kids. I sometimes have 6. I'm a foster mommy and have two kids of my own so far. My son is 6 and my dd is 2.5. My foster ones right now are 6, 8 mos and 7 weeks. We stay busy but we really love the kids so it's worth it. Can't say I'll have the energy to do it forever but for now it works.

I started in 2004 at my highest of 277. Lost to 198 within 10 months. But when my daughter was an infant my dh got sick and she was sick too and in and out of the hospital, so I didn't care what kind of food I ate, as long as I found time to eat. (not to mention I had 6 kids under the age of 6 at that point.) Your weight isn't that important when everyone is sick and there is no time to even think. I gained some back slowly over the last few years too and now after this last challenge (Thanks Blue Buddies, Go Blue!!!) I'm back to 201.5!!!! Yay!!!!

I'm on day 141 of a challenge I'm doing for myself of 365 days of not going over my calories. I have a sick baby now and other kids too but I'm trying my hardest to keep myself as at least one of the daily priorities. My high end was 1800, which is where I've been for the last month or so. When I stayed up there I've found I don't lose at all. So now my high end is 1700. I will continue forever after those first 365 days. And I know there will be days when I'll go over after that first year. But there will also be days when I'm not that into food and stay very low. I just want to spend a year not going over and show myself what that feels like. That first year is just a symbol of the habits I want to have forever.

I write ALOT when I have time, ask the previous Bluezers, poor things have read all those 'books'. I'm sorry ahead of time for that!! I talk alot too, my wonderful friend Tatiana (who is on Black team, Go Black!!!) talks alot too and her dh nicknamed us Talkiana and Talkelina!!!! LOL!!!

Wishing everyone Goooood Determination, Luck isn't Needed!

Big hugs, looking forward to getting to know each of you Blue teamsters, so happy to be on Blue Team again!!

Big shout out to Chelle for all the exceptionally hard work she does on all this!!! Thank you!!!! Gooooooooo Blue!!!!!!

Selina
Old 01-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #56  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 505/480/475(mini-goal)

Great idea for this questionnaire...let's see:

1. What do you prefer we call you? Antares is fine, or John.

2. What weight loss plan are you using? Exercising, eating less and eating healthier.

3. What is your favorite exercise? Pedaling my recumbant bike and doing some Walk Away The Pounds.

4. What is one area that you struggle? I dread cooking or preparing food, so I tend to eat out a lot. One thing I've been doing for the last 6 or 7 weeks is eating a healthy meal per day, which usually means a salad for lunch. I hope to expand upon that as I get used to it.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Well, I was 505 pounds a few months ago, so I reckon I don't excel at any part of it...yet.

6. What is your short term goal? My short term goals are 25 pound increments, so I'm working towards 475lbs right now. Long term goal...get to about 275 and buy a mountain bike so I can relive my highschool days of riding that thing in the woods like a mad man

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I guess I never thought about rewarding myself for a short term goal. Maybe once I hit 399 or below I'll look into some new clothes. I'll keep tightening that belt until then.

8. Best weight loss tip? Ease into your new lifestyle, and it won't seem like such a major change.

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian is awesome. I love her snarl! Bob is great too, though!

10. Tell us about yourself! My name is John...yes, I'm a guy...don't hate me! I'm 33, never married, and I want to lose weight because I'm kinda sick of hating myself.

Now I'm going to ride the bike and then get these pictures taken and posted.

Later!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #57  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

LOL Chelle! Just saw u yelling my name after I posted, hahahahaaaa!!!! I'm here, just spent every chance I had all day READING posts, couldn't get to writing one yet, lol!! Still have to post stats and pics this week tho.

Hugssssssssss!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
10. Tell us about yourself! I am a 34 yr old mom to currently 5 kids. I sometimes have 6. I'm a foster mommy and have two kids of my own so far. My son is 6 and my dd is 2.5. My foster ones right now are 6, 8 mos and 7 weeks. We stay busy but we really love the kids so it's worth it. Can't say I'll have the energy to do it forever but for now it works.
I think fostering is so admirable!!! Currently I foster kitties (I only have one foster right now) but have every intention of fostering children when I'm older (I'm 24) and more financially stable and having a man who's on board with that would also help.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #59  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

John! OMG we have a dude on our team!!! Woohoo!! Any on other teams?? Just wondering. Are we the only one with this novelty???

Welcome Blue Buddy John!!!! We can do this!!!!

(Sorry ahead of time if I say Good Morning Ladies!!! Just habit. Promise to try not to tho.)
Old 01-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #60  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

1. What do you prefer we call you? Heather, or HH

2. What weightloss plan are you using? loose South Beach - phase 2.5

3. What is your favorite exercise? walking/hiking with my kids

4. What is one area that you struggle? eating too much late at night. It's a very, very bad habit of mine.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I keep on trying.

6. What is your short term goal? A certain pair of jeans in my closet... they fit me briefly between baby #2 and baby #3 but have never fit since #3 was born

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? new pair of mary janes... plus wearing those jeans

8. Best weight loss tip? cut back on sugar & refined carbs

9. Bob or Jillian? a little of each, please

10. Tell us about yourself!

I'm a SAH, homeschooling, cloth diapering, mom of three. My oldest is almost five, my middle almost two, and the youngest is ten months (Yeah, Irish Twins those last two ). Please forgive me if I'm not online too often but I will check in as often as I can. Usually late at night. My favorite exercise right now, like I said above, is a hike with my kids. There is a park 15-20 minutes walk from our house. I can put the older 2 in the double stroller and the baby in the mei tai on my front or back, so I'm pushing 100 pounds and carrying an extra 25. The walk BACK is uphill, so it's a good 40 minute workout, and nice that I can take a break midway through while the kids play at the park!
My husband works full time & is going to graduate school full time.
I just want to be healthy and feel good, inside & out.