Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #241  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday - The Day Before New Years Eve

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Eating OP; CREDIT moi. Snickerdoodles and truffled walnuts remain untouched; CREDIT's moi specifically for those. But the biggest success was the moment I decided that I needed a hit of mixed nuts for a second afternoon snack; "hunger" was most likely that I didn't want to do the next thing I was about to do. I was walking to the pantry to get the jar before I realized that I was on an eating plan and they weren't. So, I whipped out NO CHOICE and had a glass of water. CREDIT moi again.

Exercised by bringing some dozen bags and boxes of clothes and stuff to Good Will! CREDIT moi, even though most of it was sorted out by my DD to her great and everlasting credit. I so admire that kid's ability to see that some cherished item of her past is ... past, and just chuck it out without looking back.

onebyone - A "no sugar today" day is a good day indeed; Kudos. Yay for channeling mad into action.

FutureFitChick - That's a big job - to inventory all the food in your house; Kudos for thorough. And more Kudos for leaving half your cheese at lunch; those little victories accumulate in the neurons to change the way we think. [Tabouleh, hummus, and falafel - it doesn't get better than that.]

CeeJay - Such a constructive list of credit; Yep, Kudos indeed. Stellar food plan for the day.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - D*rn Amazon's one click; Appetite for Profit by Michele Simon is now on its way. Thanks for the mention. Yay for a new low scale reading.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Each small step to curb "Emotional eating" is a victory; Kudos. I'm impressed that you were satisfied with "tiny allotted bites" of goodies shipped from Hawaii. Yay for "NO CHOICE and enjoy an orange instead."

Nature Girl - 450 miles is a long drive; we East Coast types tend to forget how far folks in the South and West are willing to travel. Kudos for thoughtfully planning your travel foods and your dark chocolate snack.

Marci (madrikh) - Ouch for insomnia, with Kudos for recognizing your obligation to take care of yourself, despite the pain of the expense.

maryann - LOL at your posse; cousins are particularly adept at egging each other on - rarely to the good. Neat to be able to see the possibility of meeting your goal.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 12
How to Stay at Your New Weight

Okay, now you need to learn how to stay there:
. . .
Continue to get support. Even at the maintenance phase, it's important to check in periodically with your diet coach and report the status of your weight, if for no other reason than to keep yourself honest. In addition, your coach can help you solve problems and offer emotional support during stressful times. Both will prevent you from reverting to eating as a coping strategy. Even when you're not feeling particularly stressed, you might need occasional help in continuing to create enough time and energy to maintain your weight.
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 281-282.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:38 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks... we had to come to Cleveland, as my stepmom (I refer to as other mother) had a bad fall. Her face is all black and blue as well as a huge swollen 'shiner'. We are taking her to the eye doctor this morning. The ER did some MRI's etc. We don't exactly know what happened. We will probably get home sometime in the next day or two. I am grateful that my cousin was with her and took her quickly to the ER when it happened.

I have done some stress eating. Am anxious to get home when we can.

Have a good day.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #243  
Green Tomatoes

We're going to the Symphony tonight to see Charlie Chaplin's City Lights with the orchestra playing the music. It's a silent film, but Charlie Chaplin composed the music to be played along with it. We're really looking forward to it. And, having been to a movie at the symphony once before, I know to save a starch serving so I can have a bag of popcorn with the movie.

WI: +0.9kg, Exercise: +50* 795/1500 minutes for December, Food: 80%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes
Old 12-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 173/185/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good to read that everyone is making plans and checking in, even as the last of the holidays loom. How great it is we already have a solution and won't have to search around madly for the next big diet like all the other resolutioners do? How many years did I swallow the next magic bullet after eating like a pig on the 31st because it was my "Last Supper." My plan might not be perfect but it is a solution.
Weighed in, OP breakfast if late because of little guys running around. I did laundry which felt great. My new wardrobe is freshly washed and waiting for work to begin again. I , like naturegirl, do enjoy the structure of work plus I'll get to show off my new duds.
BBE: Throw the snickerdoodles away! Off them to the homeless. Just a suggestion - I never met a cookie who couldn't triumph over me eventually.
Beverleyjoy: I am so sorry to hear about your step mom. That is stressful just in the fact of your own powerlessness.
CeeJay: Congrats on 2 days OP. this is a big deal!
Lexxiss: Enjoy the orange.

Last edited by maryann; 12-30-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #245  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Jumping in

I finally got my hands on a copy of the Beck Diet for Life. We have only one copy in the library system (boo!), but now it's my turn. I'm only in the first 2 chapters, but I wanted to put a shout out to everyone who has experience with this method.

I'm still working on making a reward list, but I'm struggling to find less expensive reward options that will still make me feel like I'm celebrating. I'm excited to try CBT with sensible eating. It has always been my psyche that has hindered my weight loss. I will check in here regularly for accountablility and updates.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, I’m having an unusually painful day today. ☹ And I’m having one of those days where I keep distracting myself from what I’m trying to do. Frustrating all over.

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: +1
Read Advantage Cards two times: no
Read Response Cards at least two times: no
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: yes
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: no
Did planned exercise: none planned
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: yes
Tracked today’s food: yes
Left food on my plate: no
Ate only to normal fullness: yes
Identified and responded to a self-deluding thought: no

BeverlyJoy, good luck with your MIL. How lucky your cousin was there!

BillBlueEyes, fantastic job crushing that nut craving! Nice job on getting rid of junk. I was I could convince some of my family that stuff just becomes junk if it is no longer needed anymore.

CeeJay, great job with all of your credits yesterday!

GardenerJoy, what a terrific evening! That sounds wonderful.

Lexxiss, yesterday sounds like a terrific day for you. Congratulations.

maryann, nice to meet you! Sounds like an awesome posse at your house! Reaching your goal sounds very wonderful! Congratulations on seeing that in your future.

M0vinon, nice to meet you. There are some many nuggets in Beck. I think you’ll really enjoy them!

Naturegirl, nice to meet you! Your plan sounds terrific and major congratulations for having fitness fun be a family activity. What a tremendous lesson you are sharing with her!

Onebyone, great job on committing to NO CHOICE. How is the decluttering going?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Just a quick check in tonight- I am beat.

Third day on plan!!!! I ate egg whites for breakfast, plain yogurt and berries for morning snack, salad and tuna sandwich for lunch, an apple for afternoon snack and Beverlyjoy's chicken in the slow cooker recipe she posted a few days ago with whole wheat tortillas for dinner. I am planning on a healthy snack at bedtime.

Credit today for:

eating on plan and healthy
weighing in
packing up lunch for tomorrow and planning food for tomorrow.
reading advantage and response cards
doing arm weights

As far as the goals I set to be done before Saturday:

1. Clean out all junk food and trigger food from the house. DONE
2. Have heart to heart talk with DH about keeping the junk away from me at all times.
3. Put aside some time with myself to rewrite my advantage cards and add new ones. DONE
4. Rework my food plan.
5. Spend some time thinking about what I am going to do for fun this year and set some goals around fun time and vacations. Book some time off when I get back to work on Wednesday. DONE
6. Spend some time at work this week thinking about what is going to give so that I can bring some sanity to the number of hours I am putting in. DONE
7. Reestablish my no choice rule about a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise a day and doing weights every second day.Weights done twice this week
8. Eat no sugar starting this very minute. No sugar for 3 days
9. Water, water, water Drank lots of water today

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #248  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Height: 5' 6"

Post 2nd last night of 2010

Coaches

It's almost time for bed and I thought I'd do a quick check-in. I am procrastinating, as is my nature, but still deserve credits for getting 4 bags of garbage out (3 were gathered by DH before he left but I did get them out of the house so I do get a credit), cleaning out the fridge of yukky food, cooking from scratch and staying on plan, drinking more water, just resting and taking time which is what my psyche seems to need right now. I'm just trying to listen to myself and not be harsh. I know that the work I need to get done will get done. I've also made tentative forays into my future home; an acquaintance has been in touch about a possible studio in the Big City itself; I've emailed two places about their ads for houses for rent (one outside of the The City on a lake no less (my personal dream). It may be a trek to the city and my studio but DH could drop me at the transit connection so I could make it work. I'm trying to move myself forward but I need extra time to mentally adjust. The whole packing thing is really daunting.

Have a great night coaches.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:12 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Thumbs up New Year's Eve in Aus

Hi Coaches
I have been keeping up with your posts and am enjoying the air of enthusiasm and new resolve - it is catching. I have been getting refocused for an assault on my weight in the new year (less than 12 hours away!). I have redone all my Advantage and Response cards and have found a new iPhone app to do it with - “Notemaster”. I can synchronise my Notes with Google Docs and also cut and paste ideas and suggestions from the board to G/Docs and synch with phone. It works well. I need to spend time getting food organised but after today I will be rid of most off-plan food. I am also redoing my daily goals which are below - it will take me a couple of days to get a good list of credits going but as of tomorrow I will be back on my eating plan. The main hurdle in the near future is my 60th birthday on 15th January - I am going away for three nights with my sister to the city and we have a fairly lavish dinner planned (a degustation) - I plan to be “off-plan” that night - which means it is on plan! And for the other days to add the suggested extra calories - so I am thinking ahead to prepare myself. I haven’t done so well over Christmas / new year so need to plan better. Hopefully by next holiday season these behaviours will be ingrained

BillBlueEyes - Ouch for all the snow to be shovelled. And your resistance muscle is getting a great workout with the seasonal treats on the counter. You do like a challenge. I want to be you next Christmas
BeverlyJoy - Hope your other mother recovers quickly and hope you can get to the comfort of you home soon
CeeJay - Your goals for the week are inspiring and it is great to see that you are gradually achieving them. Hope you get on top of the work demon. Credit for 3 days on-plan
FutureFitChick - Really good to see you here - hope your new year is less painful and frustrating
GardenerJoy - Your Charlie Chaplin movie and music night sounds great - enjoy
Lexxiss - Credit for planning and stopping after starting to eat cookies! You have come so far on Beck and 3FC - credit to you.
Maryann - You are so right - it is great to have a plan to follow with NY resolve. I think I still have the last supper mentality - but it is reigned in somewhat to usual. The number of times I have put on 10 pounds waiting to go on a diet. Yay for a goal of goal in 2 months
MovingOn - WELCOME - I look forward to seeing you post here. Rewards are interesting - you will see different examples here. I know what you mean by not expensive but meaningful. I try to put money towards a new wardrobe which hopefully I will need
NatureGirl - Credit for all the exercise and credit for planning for your trip. Enjoy your visit
Onebyone - Credit for de-cluttering and de-junking (food). Moving is high on the list of stress inducing life events so you are doing well

Credits
- Stayed within my food plan
- Measured all my food
- Logged food
- Developed food plan for tomorrow
- Sat down to eat
- Ate mindfully and enjoyed every bite
- Recognised hunger / desire / craving
- I stopped eating when satisfied
- Drank water
- Checked in
- Weighed myself
- Read advantage cards
- Read response cards
- Read Beck
- Did planned exercise
- Incidental exercise

Have a good day

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 12-31-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:53 AM   #250  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Welcome Cindy (M0vingon)

Cindy (M0vingon)

And, in case you didn't get one of these some four and a half months ago when you joined,

How did you find out about the books by Dr. Judith Beck?

And how did you find the Beck forum on 3FC?
Old 12-31-2010, 06:09 AM   #251  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday - New Years Eve

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Drifted off my eating plan at a party - expected a spread to make a dinner but it was a spread of desserts; Ouch. I'll try to use my chagrin as encouragement tonight when I'll face some difficult stuff for the long duration until midnight. Two parties in two nights is unusual for me.

Did gym; CREDIT moi. The hoards of newbies aren't there yet as has been reported in other threads on 3FC. They should arrive Sunday for the yearly, six week, post holiday rush.

onebyone - Procrastinating is one of the best ways to justify off-plan eating - BTDT. Sending supportive thoughts to getting yourself into your mode of doing one thing at a time. Kudos for starting the process of choosing a place to live in Toronto.

FutureFitChick - Ouch for a frustrating day, with Kudos for confronting that so you can find a strategy to get something done in whatever sized chunks you're ready for. [Like the simplicity of "junk if it is no longer needed anymore" - wish that I'd get that through my own head.]

CeeJay - Kudos for "Third day on plan!!!!" and "No sugar for 3 days" - you're staying your course.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Charlie Chaplin plus orchestra sounds fun. He puts a smile on my face just thinking about his antics.

Beverlyjoy - Ouch for a fall by your stepmom; hope she gets on the recovery track soon, and that you get back home to a familiar eating environment.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Yay for the thought, "behaviours will be ingrained." Yep, that's the goal. Ouch for the massive flooding on your East Coast - hoping that doesn't send a wave of disruption across the country. LOL, as a kid, it always bugged me that you guys got the New Year 12 hours ahead of me.

maryann - Yay for the thought that we're all set for the New Year without having to start yet-another-diet.

Cindy (M0vingon) - You are starting out ahead of the game with your awareness, "It has always been my psyche that has hindered my weight loss." You do sound ready to reap what Cognitive Behavior has to offer.

For rewards, some folks have added charms to a bracelet, downloaded an inspiring work out songs to their mp3 player, and put money into the jar to buy an item of clothing. Good idea to put the effort into finding something desirable to you.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 12
How to Stay at Your New Weight

Okay, now you need to learn how to stay there:
. . .
Consider becoming a diet coach: One of the best ways to keep your skills sharp is to teach them to someone else.

Take pleasure in your weight loss and in your level of fitness. Remind yourself every day how much you enjoy being thinner, healthier, and more physically fit - and how much you want to stay this way.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 282.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:32 AM   #252  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Up and At 'Em

Good Morning Coaches

It's going to be spring-time warm here today: 7C they say. Already it's above zero and the morning newscast is filled with stories of melting ice and snow and what won't be happening this frst weekend of the new year: no snowmobiling, no skating on the canal, the toboggan hills are closed but the ski resorts say they have enough snow so come on down! Somehow I doubt that, but skiing in warm weather must be awfully nice.

Last year I went to the local polar bear dip where they cut a hole in the ice and you jumped in and RAN out as a celebration of the New Year. It's held on New Year's day at my beloved Britannia Park. I vowed I would do it this year but I am re-thinking it on the eve of the event and also wondering if it will go forward as there is no sturdy ice to either cut a hole in or to support a large group of spectators. I haven't heard anything about it either. So, maybe the weather has given me a legitimate out.

This morning I am going to get some de-cluttering done, then re-write my ARC and response cards in my new journal and plan a week's worth of meals following the low GI diet model. Someone mentioned that it was so great we Becksters weren't scrambling for the Next New Diet for the New Year. I have to agree. I like being on plan before the new year happens so I will be on plan today. I am superstitious about New Year's and figure whatever I am doing before that day will follow me into the next year so today is an important nod to the year ahead and I want to make the most of it.

credit: weighed in 279.2 I am officially in line with my ticker this morning! Yay! Also, credit for having a plan to follow.

today's OP activities:
no sugar
no seconds
no sedentariness ie. planned exercise today
de-cluttering of 1) kitchen table done
2) getting all recyclable paper together and to the recycle bin done
3)food in my cupboards and pantry
do a load of laundry-wash/fold/sort-->keep or give away
write new ARC's
write new response cards
record food today - aim for 90% greenlight food (low gi diet term)

BIG PICTURE GOALS
Make a to-do list specifically for moving
Inventory the food in the freezer and the kitchen as best I can
Create menus for the week based on my food inventory
Make a grocery list
Make a plan to put me and my artwork online systematically
Make a list of goals I want to achieve ths coming year

Last edited by onebyone; 12-31-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #253  
Green Tomatoes

The Charlie Chaplin film was fun and funny. It was great to see all the instruments required -- a bassoon, a tuba, a set of chimes, a tambourine, a number of other percussive instruments that I couldn't possibly name. The pianist sat at a grand piano most of the time, but he also had a smaller instrument next to him. It looked like a small piano but had a metallic sound, like a music box or a toy piano.

The popcorn was served in the kind of box I remember from childhood movies (tapered with red and white graphics) -- a perfect serving size, especially when DH ate some of it.

Remember our rare white Christmas? It's all gone now and today's high is predicted to be 63! Unfortunately, it's gray and rainy and we're under a tornado watch, so we won't be enjoying that high temperature very much.

We're staying home and making a special supper for New Year's Eve as is our custom. DH has been wanting to try chicken marsala so that's the main dish. We'll serve it with linguini and broccoli. Should be good and just decadent enough to be celebratory without going overboard. Oh, and we have a gorgeous bottle of champagne, encouraged by DH's nephew the wine salesman.

WI: -0.4kg, Exercise: +40* 835/1500 minutes for December, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Beverlyjoy: thinking of you and your "other mom." Hope you get back to your food comfort zone soon.

maryann: thanks for pointing out a reason for gratitude: I am on a plan that I know works as I approach the new year. Yay for new duds!

M0vingon: Welcome! My favorite rewards have been fitness videos, but now I have an overabundance so I've been struggling with this. I thought maybe I could do without rewards for awhile, but I do find they help with my consistency so I've been working on a list, too. This is a little embarrassing for a 48-year old woman to admit, but I have developed a huge crush on Captain Jack Harkness, a character in the British sci-fi drama Torchwood. The actor who plays him is ridiculously prolific. For the next few months, my rewards will be his CDs and/or Torchwood books. My reading list is pretty fluffy for a librarian, but TV spin-off books are below even my level of reading -- oh well, at least they are cheap! They are perfect for rewards because I don't want them so badly that I'll be upset if I don't earn them, but I will be giddy when I do.

FutureFitChick: wishing you healing in mind and body.

CeeJay: yay for the third day and yet more red bits on your goals list!

seadwaters: Notemaster sounds cool -- I'll have to look into that for my iPad. Happy New Year, since you get it earlier than the rest of us!

BillBlueEyes: ouch for being presented with desserts when you expected supper! Good job starting to think through tonight's event.

onebyone: yay for matching your ticker weight and for a good plan for the last day of this year moving into the first day of the next!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:32 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 161.8/153.4/ low 140's

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm back

Hi all,

We finally figured out why I have not been able to connect to 3 Fat Chicks. It had to do with our Google Chrome browser and stored cookies or whatever. I don't really understand all that stuff. Anyway, I found out I can connect on Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer....yeah!!

Quick update....I was off plan for 5 days during the Christmas holidays. I got back on plan the day after Christmas. I weighed in yesterday and I had not gained any weight and actually had lost .6lbs....down to 153.4.

Lexxis - Great job staying on plan and congrats on the good Beck day.
BillBlueEyes - Congrats on the wireless router install and the many continuous days of OP eating until yesterday. Good luck tonight at the party. Hopefully you'll have better choices...or just a thought...maybe you could eat an OP meal before leaving.
Madrikh - Kudos for taking care of yourself. I can get expensive but maybe it helps to think of it this way....If I needed a car to get around and it was having mechanical problems I'd spend the money and take it in to get it fixed. My body is at least as important, if not more so, than a car. or whatever thought that helps gives you permission to feel good about self-care.
FutureFitChick - Hi, you're new to me. Welcome. I love how you have organized your credit list to make sure you remember everything. Congrats on all your successes and planning. I also do the pre-cooking and freezing. It makes it so much easier to stay on plan during workdays. It also helps on those afternoons when I get home from work and don't feel like cooking. Also love your lists of the things you are most looking forward to.
Sorry you had a tough day yesterday. Hope it is better today.
onebyone - Kudos that you are determined to keep trying. The song with the verse "I get knocked down but I get up again....never gonna keep me down." came to mind.
maryann - Hope you had fun with the DNs. Kudos for recognizing "hunger is not an emergency" and extra kudos for no weight gain during the holidays. And I too am thankful I have a sane eating plan to enter the new year with and I'm not planning on a Last Supper today either before I start a new, usually short-lived, diet for the New Year.
CeeJay - Kudos for setting those 9 goals. Very impressive and you've already accomplished 2 and it looks like the last 3 are becoming part of your daily routine already. Great work. YEAH...2 days on plan.
Nature Girl - Sorry you're struggling so much with your eating plan and exercise. Kudos for the great planning for your trip.
seadwaters - Kudos on the refocused assault on your weight in the new year and getting rid of most of your off-plan food.
MOvingon - WELCOME. I started with the "Beck Diet for Life" too. Here are the inexpensive rewards that I came up with and you are welcome to use if you like. I bought a pack of $1 colored bracelets from Wal-Mart. For the first 5lbs I was awarded a "white" bracelet. I wear it continuously so it reminds me of what I'm trying to accomplish. For my next 5lbs I will get a "pink" bracelet...then the next 5 lbs will be a "lavendar" bracelet...then the next 5 lbs will be a "blue" bracelet. I should have reached goal by then. If I decide or my body decides that I need more weight loss...then I have a "lime green" bracelet. I'm thinking that once I reach goal and have maintained for a reasonable period...I will then go and buy myself a "nice" bracelet to wear continuously to commemorate and remind me of all I've accomplished.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AN OP DAY! Glad to be back!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Well, I needed to get one last check in during 2010. We just got home last night, a day later than planned. We had terrible road conditions over Donner Pass—always a bit ominous in winter. Then again halfway through Nevada we drove with the storm, barely making it across the Park City, UT pass into WY the night before last. Then we had ground blizzards all the way home yesterday. No visibility and very slick roads. My DH said he’ll need a few quiet days to recover from PTSD.

We had a great visit with my family and we flew my MIL over to CA to spend Christmas with us. The highlight of the trip was breaking the news to our families that we’re expecting a baby in June! I’m just into my second trimester and luckily, I’ve had an easy pregnancy so far. I’d like to give all the credit to my healthy habits, but I think I’d also better give some credit to genetics. My mom also had easy pregnancies. I’m crossing my fingers that the trend continues.

I’m committed to keeping up all my healthy habits during pregnancy and keeping my weight gain healthy. I have the extra motivation of staying healthy so I will have a healthy baby and it will also make my pregnancy, labor, delivery and recovery easier. There are challenges as well. I had two people tell me to enjoy pregnancy because I could eat whatever I wanted to. I have to keep that voice quiet because it’s just not true. I have a plan in place: I’ve set new calorie goals to reach weight gain goals and I have exercise goals.

I’ve been catching up on everyone’s posts. I’m impressed with how well all of you did over the holidays. There were a few slip ups, but the overall trend was good, especially considering all the pitfalls.

Welcome to the newcomers! I look forward to getting to know you in the new year.

Blue Daisy, great job figuring out your connection problems. I have trouble with this site as well. I have no idea why, but it comes and goes. Great job getting back OP and the scale is telling you that your current off-plan is better than your former normal, so take credit for that!

FutureFitChick, it’s great to see you back! I’m sorry about all the added stress in your PhD program, but I hope the changes are for the best. Great job jumping right back in when you got the chance.

Gardenerjoy, I was so impressed with how well you avoided the all-or-nothing trap over the holiday seasons. I love your new exercise goals.

Onebyone, great job decluttering your house and also cleaning out that pantry! It should make it so much easier for you to stick to your plan.

BillBE, ouch for party offering a spread of desserts, but since I’ve been reading over two weeks of posts, I see that it’s only a minor blip in a stellar holiday season.

Seadwaters, yay for getting ready of the new year! I love the chance Jan. 1 offers to reflect over the past year and make plans for the new. Kudos for planning a healthy and very fun birthday!

CeeJay, great job for 3 days OP. I love your new list of goals and you’re going a great job working through them.

Maryann, yay for starting the new year off right and Jan 1 has not even arrived! Those “last suppers” are just part of the all-or-nothing trap that so many of us struggle with, so great job on breaking the tradition this year!

Beverlyjoy, so sorry about your mother’s fall. I hope she is doing well. Best of luck on keeping yourself healthy while caring for her.

Waving to everyone else!
Closed Thread