3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachicks 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/17082-alternachicks-3-a.html)

mauvaisroux 06-28-2002 05:12 PM

Hello everyone! :wave:

Well it is a beautiful day here and a good start to the holiday weekend for us Canucks!:)

Busy weekend ahead:

Seeing DH's band play tonight, hanging out with friends on Saturday, a friend's birthday on Sunday, Canada Day on Monday and my birthday on Tuesday ( I am turning 35 :eek: )

Sounds like all of you have big weekend plans too! Hope everyone has a great time!

Soozie- Did not know about that Nestle thing, they are still big in Canada.

Dentrassi-Iwas not the shoe shopper, this time anyway. :lol: I think it was Kat-although if I had the cash I would rival Emelda Marcos in the shoe department :devil: Do not talk to me about your petite feet! Size 6, hmmph! I am a gargantuan size 9 and can never find shoes when they go on sale.

I am busy this weekend but I am still in town so I will post as usual if anyone else is around.

Mauvaisroux
:devil:

dentrassi 06-29-2002 01:08 AM

HI!!!

Mauvairoux-OOPS!!! Sorry about the shoe thing! Hey, SOMETHING of mine has to be small, since I am the fattest one on this thread!!! Unfortunately, my feet have gotten so wide that they are almost as wide as they are long!! Okay, here is the scary thing for me: MY KIDS FEET ARE BIGGER THAN MINE!! I told them I have to build up my strength so that I can wield a cast iron skillet with a three foot handle! They think I am funny. At least when they aren't mad 'cause I said no to something!!! I'm here this weekend. I'll mostly be driving my kids around, since they have a better social life than I do right now!! Actually I am very happy for them. The 12 year old had such a tough year with bullies that I just want him to relax and have some fun. The older one is sometimes too serious, and I am happy to see him starting a band with friends and going to some parties!! He just bought a book with the sheet music and tabs for a bunch of Ramones songs, so he will be practicing a lot at home as well as getting together with the band. He says they aren't too good, but whether they are or not, they are having a good time. I think you have said in the past, but I can't remember right now. What kind of music does your DH's band play? Do you always go when he plays? Sometimes when my DH has a poetry reading I beg off, although in the past that was more to watch the kids. We could really leave them for a while now, except that DS #2 has been so anxious that I don't push that too much.

Soozie-It was me who talked about taking my son to the Psychiatrist. He has been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and between the creeps at his school and the events of 9/11 and subsequent "war on terrorism" he has been pretty shakey. He actually had a couple of mild anxiety attacks at school last fall. He is talking about things with us more now, and he has a great therapist, so we are seeing improvement. I remember the Nestle boycott!! Hey, the boycott NOW is on South African chocolate. Apparently children are being kidnapped and used as slaves, so we aren't supposed to buy any chocolate that originates there. Which probably means all the British chocolates (SORRY MAUVAIROUX AND ELLIS!!!) Brazillian chocolates are supposed to be okay though!!!

WOWW!! Christina, Soozie, Squeak, Kat, and Ellis are all on vacation!!! Is Ruthxx too? So that means that Shel, Mauvairoux and I have to write a ton of stuff so that they have REAMS of back messages to catch up on when they get back!!! :lol:

mauvaisroux 06-29-2002 10:34 AM

Morning ladies!

:yawn: I got home at 3 am last night after seing DH play and was rudely awakened at 8:30 am by someone hammering on something outside. Needless to say I am very tired and will be consuming mass quantities of caffeine throughout the day.

:cool: this is a picture of me with my shades on, slightly hung over, I had a whopping 3 whole drinks last night, 2 is my limit usually so I guess I was living on the edge last night:lol: can't party like I used to in my 20's.

Den, I guess you could say that his band plays alternative technorock, guitar-oriented, keyboards, but you can actually dance to it too. I don't know if you or your son know these bands but think along the lines of Nine Inch Nails, Stabbing Westward, Econoline Crush. DH is the singer/songwriter and plays crunchy guitar. The band is releasing a cd in the fall, they have shot a video for the first single and are planning to shoot another soon. One of the songs is also featured in the soundtrack for a soon to be released independant film that has been picked up for national distribution. So they are doing very well. I go to every show and either collect the money at the door if the club doesn't provide someone, they sometimes only have a bouncer, or I am inside the club at the t-shirt table selling their merchandise, ie: CDs, T's, keychains, pins ect., etc. Fun but I can't get up to the dance floor with my friends as I am working.

I am glad your son has an interest in music and that you are encouraging it. This may give him a confidence boost.
If he thinks they are not very good tell him that they just started and with more practice it they will all get better, hey the Ramones had to start somewhere and they coasted on the same song for more than 20 years and are punk icons so there you go!:) (and yes I actually like the Ramones to anyone I may have offended by that last comment! :lol: ) And you can tell him that my husband took up guitar 2 years ago and he actually plays on stage now so there is some hope for him and his friends:D

About the chocolate, didn't know about the South African boycott, hey, I didn't even know they exported cocoa, guess I better read my labels before purchasing products then.

Speaking of boycotts and protest we just went throught the whole G-8 protest thing here. Demonstrator's were mostly peaceful so that was good. Only a small bunch of hooligans who apparently left the march when they realized that they would not have an opportunity to incite any aggressiveness. The building where I work went into high security mode, you couldn't get in without a security pass, had to notify security if you were expecting clients in and you had to go downstairs to sign for courier packaging. It was also a bit unnerving to see so many police out on patrol.

Well I must run as we are taking my parent's out shopping in the burbs today.

Hope you all have a great day!:)

Mauvaisroux

squeaker 06-29-2002 12:58 PM

*crawls out from under all the work*

I am still here. I don't leave until Wed. Just have been busy or tired. Work is getting more and more, uh, interesting. :p

First - Happy (early) Canada Day you Canadian girls. :) I hope you all are out enjoying the weather this long weekend.

And to the rest of us US chicks, Happy early 4th! (since I know I won't be around then). I am leaving at 11am on Wed & I can't wait!!!! *happy dance* I am trying to completely clean my house before I go. Hopefully I won't have the same fridge problems as ellis. :p

soozie - Areo bars are great - but the BEST chocolate from Canda is probably Caramilk bars. They are like a caramelo but taste way better.

shel - the rest of the girls have said it already but hang in there. most people aren't where they thought they would be. I have been single for all but 3 months of my 24 1/2 years. and that was 2 1/2 yrs ago. The only good thing that came out of the time is he is my best friend, though that took some time to work out. Unfortunately we met right as I was heading straight into one of my worst depressions. I ended up hurting him quite a bit. But things worked out. If it is meant to work out, it will.

Mauvais - Your husbands band sounds like fun. Take it easy today. :) Security is fun isn't it. Our building has been like that since Sept.

Den - it is evil to make a bunch of us feel like we are way far behind if there are REAMs of posts :devil: I can't believe your feet are that small!!! No fair. I have huge feet (9 1/2) for being very short. (5'1"). *pout* ;)

I hope the rest of you girls are having fun!!!

:spin:

dentrassi 06-29-2002 01:56 PM

HI!!!

Sorry Squeak, I thought you had already left!! I can't seem to keep anything straight lately. I've been kinda stressed, and it seems like everything just vanishes before it even hits my brain. Hopefully it will improve soon, since a few things are starting to get straightened out. DH has been exhausted lately, and I made him go to the doctor. Most of his lab results came back GREAT, and the few that are a bit off the doctor said not to worry about. I know it is evil to make them read a ton of stuff to catch up, but I have no choice!! First of all, I am trying to get in touch with my inner brat, and secondly, I'm a *****!!! My sister in law gave me a t-shirt that says, "I'm Evil, THAT'S Why" and I am trying to live up to it!!! (DS #2 is reading this over my shoulder and said,"That's my Mom!!"

Mauvairoux-Sounds like your DH is doing really well, that is fantastic!! It is great that they are writing their own music!! Did your husband play another instrument before guitar? I've heard of NIN, but not the other bands. I have to ask DS if he knows them. So far they are practicing songs by: Nirvana, Social Distortion, System of a Down, (Can't remember the others...) The four of them have slightly differing musical tastes, so they all suggest songs and then decide if everyone wants to do them or not. DS wants to suggest a Ramones tune (Cretin Hop) and a Doors tune (can't remember which). He has only been playing guitar for a year and a half, but has been playing piano (electronic keyboard at our house!!) for quite a while now. He has a really good ear, and has worked out the keyboard passages from some of the Doors songs. Thanks for encouraging him, I'll pass it on, and I know he'll appreciate it!! I think he's pretty good, but then I'm slightly biased!!:lol: My other son plays Viola, and likes Ashleigh MacIsaac (did I spell that right? Hey, what is he up to these days?) Hope you manage to catch up on some of that sleep!!

[email protected] 06-29-2002 04:35 PM

Hello Ladies, Everyone certainly worked their fingers typing posts while I was out! I had a great 2 days! First was all work, but fun work! Second was just my oldest girlfriend & I shopping all day! All that I wanted to get was a swim suit & a new outfit to wear to this family picnic in 2 weeks! I found tons of great sales for stuff for the kids! I think that my son will have all the new school clothes that he will need! I was getting discouraged though looking for me! Finally at 8pm, after starting at 9am, I found a great suit! And a size 8 to boot! Course even if it looked like h*ll, just the fact that I could get my rear into a size would have convinced me to buy it! Very flattering & for the first time in 9 years...it isn't black! A great Amethysist Purple! Then the very last store & found these cute black shorts. I wasn't even going to try them, they only had a 10, which I had been trying all day & none fit, but my girlfriend talked me into it. They also looked too short, but I tried them & they fit perfect, along with a cute little bright red tshirt! No way that the nasty little MIL can avoid seeing me now! I was so pleased! Only downside is I ate really well. Wise choices the entire time! Walked for at least 8 hours both days. I really expected to come home & be down at least 1/2 a pound! I WAS UP 2! I could have cried! Oh well, hopefully it will come off REALLY fast!

Hubby left with the kids for the week. I may be a bad Mommy, but boy has it been a fun day! Had to go to work for a few hours this morning, but came home, napped & sat on the deck reading trashy romance novels! I don't even think I am going to get dressed tomorrow! Just hang out in my pjs all day!

Well I better get back out & enjoy the last few hours of sun! (Yes, I am a child of the 80's, from the days where we oiled ourselves to go in the sun! I try to moisturize & be somewhat sensible, but I do like a tan!)

Oh BTW, our Nestle chocolate is different than your Aero. Not the same at all! (yours is better!) I also remembered something else...BUTTER TARTS! We don't have those in my neck of the woods either!

fluid_fiction 06-29-2002 10:03 PM

hello ladies!

this will be in two posts, as the site is being EVIL and telling me that i've used too many smilies. the nerve!!

well, things seem to be back on an even keel, which means that i'm inspired to be my fabulously witty self again! :D

first of all, we welcomed HAYLEY MARIE into the world at 9:22 am Friday morning!! she is the most beautiful, precious thing... they took her C-section, as she was 9lbs, 14 oz. :eek: oh, and 19 1/2 inches long. a little tub. just like her aunt!! *LMAO* see? wit! i've a pic at http://www.geocities.com/shelmn/hayley.jpg , as i'm the aunt and insanely proud!

my sister was tired, but doing fairly well. i love her so much. :spin:

anyhoo.... i weighed yesterday... 263. been eating like a :ink: for two weeks, and i've actually LOST two pounds. i think i'm going about this wrong.... *ponders* perhaps i should graze nonstop all day, and drop weight like mad, so i'll have LOTS of extra, easily tanning skin to share with everyone. :)

Christina - bathing suit? oh, you brave, brave soul..... ;)

*Steals Dent's EVIL tshirt, giggles madly, and skips off to hide it, especially from Mauv.*

fluid_fiction 06-29-2002 10:04 PM

Squeak - thank you! happy 4th! hope you, and all of you other luckies who are gonna be vacationing, have a fabulous time. actually, my BEST guy friend is someone that i dated for about 2 minutes, years ago. we realized early on that a relationship would be DOOM for us, and have been fabulous friends ever since. if i could always be that wise about who i ~shouldn't~ date. ;)

Mauv - remember that first, horrible morning when it occured to you that you're not a young party girl anymore?? *shivers* what a horrible lesson. ****, i have a good party night now, and i need a week to recover! how did we do it? :dizzy:

Soozie - i agree!! i'm all for standing up for what you believe in, just as long as you're not standing between me and my chocolate!! :s:

Ellis - how are you sweetheart? doing better? or not.... we love you either way. *hugs*

:spin: :spin: :spin: i love this one.

aren't manics the best??? plus, i've the urge to clean with this one. that's top on my list.

i'm reading the sequel to Bridget Jones' Diary. The Edge of Reason. highly recommended!!!!!

okay. enough of that. 'else i might urp on the rug. eew.

hugs to everyone. i'm feeling so much better about things now that i've gotten them down and had a few days to digest everything. OH! and a quote!! not sure if i did this one before, but it seems quite timely for me right now...

TODAY, I WILL PERSUE MY OWN TRUTHS, AND ALLOW OTHERS TO DO THE SAME.

Shel, dizzy now.

[email protected] 06-30-2002 09:23 AM

Hi, everyone must be busy this weekend, not many posts!

Fluid, glad that you are feeling like your old...whoops mean....young, delightful witty self again! Congratulations on the newest little one! I bet that she is just a doll! My SIL is trying to get pregnant, since she is my only chance to provide neices & nephews, I can't wait till she has little ones! (Plus it will be nice to see her not show up picture perfect & realxed anymore! :s:

So much for sitting around in PJs all day! Girlfriend called to invite me over for veggie burgers & a friendly game of rugby for lunch. I can use the exercise & lunch sounds great, I just hope that they don't hurt me! Lee said that they wouldn't tackle me, but since they are all lesbians, I think that I might feel rejected if they don't! :lol: Hubby always jokes when I go over there to have fun....but not too much fun! I just love going over & for once not worrying about how I look, they could care less!

Oh well have a good day everyone!

ellis 06-30-2002 02:07 PM

holy mother!!! you girls are long-winded!!! Den, you little "*****"... making us read all your back-wash!! :lol:
Listen girls, I just got home from the cottage, I'm absolutely filthy, and I will be back later to respond to your lengthy messages.
Shel, that is the cutest little ball of baby!!! Congratulations, Auntie Shel!!
later darlings...

mauvaisroux 06-30-2002 08:12 PM

Hi everyone! :wave:

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend.

We went to see Minority Report last night, it was awesome!
Today DH and I went out walking in the hot sun putting up posters for his next show, yup, being the wife of a rock star is glamourous :lol:
We are having people over to watch movies tonight so it will be pretty low key. Tomorrow is Canada day, Yeah! We are having several friends over for a BBQ.

Shel-congratulations on becoming an Auntie! Glad you are feeling more positive about things now. :)

Den-great shirt, I may have to steal that slogan! DH and I both listen to Korn, System of a Down, Static X, Sevendust, Rob Zombie, etc. etc, your DS probably knows some of these bands.

Christina-yay! You found a bathing suit:) I have been looking for one for about two weeks but can't find anything I feel comfortable in or one that's affordable. I may stick with my old one and buy one towards the end of the season when they go on sale. Don't worry about the 2 lbs, it could be any number of things from pms, eating salty foods or just water retention, it will probably dissapear soon.

Ruthxxx, Ellis, Tiggerdiva, and Soozie-hey girls, hope you had a great weekend hope to hear from you all soon.

Happy Canada Day to all you Canuck Chicks and a Happy 4th to all you Yankee Chicks! :D

Mauvaisroux

tiggerdiva718 06-30-2002 08:14 PM

I'm back!

I just got home today, and I really am not too happy about leaving the sun and fun. The good news, though, is that I'm going back up north next week, so I can't pout too much.

I had a GREAT time :D We didn't do much on Friday, just had some drinks at the local bar and relaxed by the campfire. Saturday, we kicked butt! We canoed, swam, walked on the beach, hiked, and fished! I even ate pretty good that day--it was too hot to really enjoy anything other than fruit and salads.

There was one major, eye-opening down side--the dreaded bathing suit. And not only did I have to wear one, I had to buy one (GASP!). I went into a store on Friday, and they had nothing but bikinis and sizes under 6. My boyfriend leaned over and told me that I should be so down on myself because I have a smile that lights up the room, and that is the reason that people like me--because my smile warms everyone's heart. That made me feel better, and I tried again the next day. Before we walked into the store, he whispered, "I wish you could see just how beautiful you are, and I love every inch of your sexy body, no matter how much you can't stand it". He's a doll! In any case, I feel so horrible and unhealthy. I really have to get myself into gear. If I could just control my eating...

Congrats to Shel! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like the rest of you had great weekends, and I'm glad to hear it, you all deserve it. I hate to leave it at this, but I feel a little gross from having camped and sweated all weekend. (Plus, I was at a baby shower today in a hall with no air conditioning :( ) I want a nice, cold shower! I'll talk to you more tomorrow!

Kat

ellis 06-30-2002 09:51 PM

hey girls!!

Oh my gosh, have you seen Shel's niece? She's such a doll! I see she's been favoured with that beautiful dark skin of yours, Shel. You should see me right now... white, fat, dimply and covered in freckles. BLAH!! I want your skin!!!
Hey, I'm really glad you're feeling a little better, sweetie. Remember to be strong... you're a beautiful, intelligent, witty, interesting woman. (with lovely dark skin, too!) You don't have to beat yourself into the ground, okay? And make sure when you DO feel that way that you post, because we love to love you. :)
And thank you for saying such nice things about me. You're an absolute darling.

Kat, good exercising!! Don't you just love canoeing? We went out in the canoe and rowboat this weekend. (no motorboats allowed on our lake... it's great... very peaceful) I let my DH and DD paddle the rowboat. I took a big umbrella and my book with me. It was friggin' hilarious! We spent most of the time going around and around in circles... they just couldn't get it going straight. I almost split a gut, I was laughing so hard.
I feel for you on the bathing suit situation. What I'd really like is one of those one-piece jobbies with "shorts". You know... they look sort of like an exercise suit. Black. But with a built-in girdle around the middle. Because I can fit into one, but I look like I'm wearing a life-jacket underneath it. I remember when I was around 20 wearing a skin-coloured bathing suit with a plunging neckline and high cut legs. I looked like a babe, but I thought I was fat. Go figure. Of course, I'm an intelligent woman now, and wouldn't be seen dead in such a skimpy outfit, but you know what I mean.
I'm glad you had such a great time!!

Mauvais, I've got to get out and see your DH's band some night. Maybe Ruth can come for a sleepover and we'll meet you there. I know what you mean about the drinks. I've never been a drinker (NEVER been drunk), and it's amazing how I can sometimes pack it away with ease and other times one beer will put me right out.
Did I tell you that we were at a neighbour's "teacher" party one night and everyone was passing around joints?! I couldn't believe it!! Am I naive or what? (no, I did not smoke one... I have enough problems.)
Hey, it's my mom's birthday on Tuesday, too!

Christina, don't fret...that weight will come off with you exercising so much... you're doing great!! And we all envy you buying those tiny little clothes. Have a wonderful week without the hubby and kids, you lucky girl!

Den, I'm so glad that DH's test results were good. I know how worrying that is.
Listen honey, you are NOT the fattest one here, so stop that talk!! But I do believe you have the smallest feet. :lol: I know what you mean about width, though. Mine are soooo wide. I used to love getting those bargain shoes, but they just don't fit me anymore and my feet hurt unless I've got my Birkenstocks or my Docs on.
Size 3's? YOU WORE size 3's?!?! Good grief! Maybe when I was 12 I wore a size 3!
Isn't aging wonderful? I mean, like you, I like myself so much more as I get older. (Ruth, I don't want to hear any wise-cracks about 37 year-olds.) I LOVE seeing commercials with older women in them... they're very empowering. And I think that the lines around my eyes are kind of cool. An indicator of a happy life. :)

Squeaker, you're leaving on Wednesday!! I bet you can't wait! Don't you love coming home to a clean house? You appreciate home so much more. Until you dump all the camping/vacation stuff on the floor and it sits there for six days before you maybe feel like putting it away.
I'm glad that things are better now for you and your best friend. I hope that life is good for you. We're all wonderful women, and love will be there for all of us... whether it's forever or only for a day. Whether it's at the age of 21 or 55. I think we have to be grateful for the times we have now and for the times we've had. And know that life is not over just because we've lost in love. It's not a loss... it's a gain, because we've learned from it, and we can be better women for having gone through the experience. And maybe we'll love again and maybe we won't, but regardless, we are wonderful women!!
Are you packed yet?

Soozie, I hope you're having a great weekend at the shore! There was no way I could stay at the cottage for longer than 3 nights. Outhouse, no running water, mosquitoes.... blah!! And there had been a huge storm the day before we got there and the road was washed out in spots and we had to drive through water and the car kept stalling because the engine got wet... but we DID have a good time. :dizzy:
Are you serious? You're going to see a new shrink? And get meds? You sound so together! Are you faking it!? Because you know, you DO NOT have to fake it with us! Right Shel? ;) Let us know how it goes, okay? We're thinking about you.

Okay Ruth, we want to hear all about the reunion, even if you have to cut and paste from low-carb. We want to know what you wore, what you drank, who slept with whom, and especially, WHAT YOU ATE!! We live a vicarious life.

Gee, I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Damn. I thought my fridge was healed, but it's not. It's not just the freezer... the fridge is warm, too. Looks like we'll be spending Canada day trying to fix it. DH just went to the verandah to see if any new sale flyers had been delivered. Funny how, when you don't need one you get 50 flyers with sales on fridges (Don't Pay a cent for 2 Years!!), but when you really need one... WHERE THE **** ARE THE SALES!?! Thank god we've got another fridge in our extra apartment. There's a heat wave hitting us tomorrow.

talk soon...
take care all...

dentrassi 06-30-2002 09:56 PM

HA!

ellis 06-30-2002 10:08 PM

ha what?!