Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

Today was not a good eating day. I got my priorities messed up and began to grab again. Started with the candy after the gym, then dh noticed a new Mexican restaurant and I agreed to lunch there. I didn't eat every thing on my plate but I did eat 3 rolled tacos. Hard to figure but if I estimated correctly I got a lot of calories. Came home and it didn't get any better. I was lazy and wanted to sit around and eat instead of doing my work. I don't even know where the time went but I do know where a lot of calories went.... I estimated about 2018 calories and 16 carb serv. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Think my microwave was trying to tell me something...one of the things I ate was popcorn (not the worst but I still ate too much)...and while it was popping away, I heard a loud crack! The glass turntable had cracked! A nice wavy crack from one side to the other, completely broke. That was some aggressive popcorn...LOL...even after I got it out it continued to pop and popcorn went all over! It didn't burn though. But I actually think maybe the microwave is overheating because tonight I made some chai tea and I only set it for 1 min as any more and it boils over but it's always a little too cool for my taste and tonight the cup was very very hot! Had to use a potholder. It's never like that. I have never liked that microwave anyway so tomorrow we are going shopping for a new, smaller one. Can microwaves overheat? I mean when you don't set them too high Wierd!

Last edited by maryea; 06-12-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/264.9/175

Height: 5'9"

Today, for the first time in a LONG time I recorded everything I ate - even if it was too much. Recording faithfully has been the only way I have ever managed to lose long term. So today was better - tomorrow will be even better than today. I did my usual workout in the morning, and then swam this evening.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #18  

Default howdy from Texas

Tabbycat here.

I have been posting on the Walking to Colorado Sprngs thread since March.

I'm a teacher, and every summer I lose weight and swear I will kepp it off, and every school year I gain it back! Last summer I lost 15 pounds (down to 130) and by the end of the school year I had gained 10 back. So I am working at losing the 10 again.

I like the Mediterranean/Sonoma eating plan. It makes me feel really good and it is also very satisfying. Lots of whole grains and fresh veggies and fruits and peanut butter (can't live without peanut butter). And the fresh fruits are so good in summer! I fudge though and put sugar or sweetner in my coffee and tea.

My exercise is either jogging two miles or riding my new one-speed cruiser bike for about 45 minutes, and then swimming slow sidestroke laps in the apartment pool about 30 minutes. I do this in the summer... during the school year I have orchestra practices and concerts 3-5 evenings a week and that really messes up the exercise time.

I started my eating plan Memorial Day and I have only lost about 2 pounds. Back in my younger days (I'm 56) I could shed five pounds in a weekend. Now it takes a lot longer to whittle that weight off.

Annie in Texas
Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Chicks - I've really, really missed you all. I've been busy helping dh figure out which treatment he is going to do for his prostate cancer. Lots of time on the computer and talking to various doctors. Made his decision. Also helping my parents who have Alzheimers. My mother started refusing the shower help I arranged a while back so I've also been helping her bathe. Hard on my back and shoulder. I felt depleted. I have managed to maintain my weight. Still losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. Haven't done as much exercise as I should but did get back to health club this week. But, I'm making a point to add some fun to my life.
I am so behind on the posts. But I did want to say -

Isabella - glad your dh is okay after the surgery.

Karen 31 - glad your ds is better after his seizures.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It meant a lot to me. Think I'm getting back on track. I'm ready to start having some fun. Hugs to you all.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #20  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Week 1

Week 2 :1/2::1/2:

Week 3 (/):1/2:

Week 4

Week 1 (exercise)

I'm adding to my challenge to myself trying to encourage myself to get some exercise in there. I'm not that good at following through with the exercise, but anything is an accomplishment for me ~ better than nothing at all.

Last edited by glynne; 06-14-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #21  

1634 calories, 13 carb serv
Another day off usual schedule. Lunch out -shared Chinese and had 3 oatmeal chocolate chippers for dessert. Had good workout this am.

Glynne - You are really doing well...proud of you!

Deelee - You've got a lot on your shoulders....maintaining right now is good.
That's all I'm doing myself and am thankful I am.

Tabby- welcome!! It does get harder, doesn't it. But you can do it and we'll be here to support you.

Marie - You continue to be an inspiration and am glad to have you here to encourage me.

Red - Welcome! Recording everything is very important. When I have a regular schedule and I record everything I do well. When my schedule and priorities are off I struggle more as I tend to grab whatever to eat but even when I go over on my calories/carbs I do better when I record it.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah to all and a hello to Tabby and Red, whom I have not met before since bein' on this thread.

This is just a flybye as t'is a meeting night for work tonight and have tons o' stuff to get through before I even reach that point.

Feeling very happy today and on the right track. Calories 1670 yesterday. I have been in the 1500s-1600s all week and if I can keep it up with no overages might reverse THE EVIL FALSE DEMONIC SCALE WEIGH-IN of last week.

I am approaching 20,000 exercise minutes on my streakity of no day missed of daily exercise. When I get there I will post it here. I posted it on another support thread I sometimes visit but basically today did 15 min weights and a 15 min walk. I vary long and short workouts, feel like I need to level off this week to lose some weight.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC rest o' the week! Woot!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #23  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Gayle, I really feel for you with a temporary crown. They aren't smooth and I hated them!!! Great job getting yourself on an exercise self-challenge. The junk food one is doing great.

Mary on the aggressive popcorn!

Red, way to go on logging your food. For me, it is also the only way I can lose or maintain. Some of those foods are just so expensive cal wise.

Annie, welcome to the thread. We're so happy to see you. You do realize that you only now have 8 pounds to go?!?!?! That's fantastic. I'm think we all say we're going to keep it off but rarely are we successful. Am2 posts that there's regains and reloses. I am in her camp on that because I will never stay the exact same weight day in and out. Year in and out, probably pretty close. Basically I will constantly lose and gain the same 15 or so pounds. I'm ok with that.

Deelee, I'm sorry your having such a hard time. We all go off track occasionally. You have loads of stressors. Hopefully exercise will help lower the frustration factor.

Am2, 20K minutes of exercise it wonderful. Remind me when you started...

I was doing well yesterday and Tuesday at the 1500 cal range. Today. Hmmm. Not so much. Luckily DH is out of town and dinner will be a 100 cal protein shake so I can end the day in calorie range. A friend and I met at SBUX this am and I had a light frap (260 cals) and half a slice of fudge chocolate cake. Now if it was a normal size piece, all would be good. It was not. But I will end the day in my cal range if I have to elliptical all night instead of eating. Ha! Not apt to happen. But I will be good and make my target. And I will elliptical but not all night. I did do the doggie hike at 5 am so I have 1.5 miles walking already today. Hopefully that is helping to munch the cake cals. I'm picturing a Pac Man eating the fat calories... wishful thinking.
Marie
Old 06-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #24  
Empress/Queen

Marie, this is the 263rd day of this streak. I'm not quite at 20K yet, a day or so. My previous streak was 288 days and I ended it on that day at 18,000 minutes of exercise.

I am not going to end this one for a long time yet.

Deelee, wanted to pop back in during my lunch and say congratulations for maintaining your weight during what sounds like a most stressful time. Kudos! THAT is what a weight loss journey is all about. Maintenance is everything.

Lol, sadly I seem to be maintaining mine but gaining and losing the same 20-30 pounds. Gonna stop that right now!

Bye bye!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #25  
Want to feel better

Hello all,

Week 1

Week 4

Week 1 (exercise)

I have been walking at the "Y" on my way home from work. It is air conditioned there ~ too hot now to walk outside. I only go for 15 minutes right now ~ my low back hurts when I walk for very long, but for 15 minutes I can tolerate it. I know 15 minutes isn't very much, but I am so out of shape ~ gotta start somewhere.

This picture says it perfect
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faster than a couch potato.jpg (44.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by glynne; 06-15-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #26  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

So I am happy to write that yesterday I finished the day off at 1414 calories. In other words, I didn't have much after the morning over-indulgence. The morning's cals were 922 so staying in a good calorie range wasn't going to be easy but I challenged myself to do it. And I did. I also rode my bike on the fluid trainer and worked up quite a sweat last night. No overeating this morning. YAY!

Am2, out of curiosity (because I'm just nosey), how long between your 288 day streak and this streak? Did you miss a day and start over? You are doing great. Clearly streak#2 you're putting more minutes in. Very excellent.

Gayle, 15 minutes is 15 minutes more than you were doing. Don't put put down the 15 minutes as "not much". It is awesome. Look at your flower power chart to see what you've accomplished junk food wise in the lst month. There is a big difference.

Yesterday was the day of the school year for my district's students and today is the last of the teachers. That truly makes me happy.
Marie
Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #27  
Empress/Queen

Glynne, yea, 15 min is 15 min you are exercising. That's good. You know that saying for runners about no matter how slow they are going, they are lapping everyone on the couch. Lol, that is a favorite of mine as I am a slow runner. A 15 minute swim is excellent. Woot! Good job!

Marie, good job on the calorie front and bike trainer.

I took one day between the streaks. When I decided to end the first one at Day 288 I was going to take a week off and start a new one but the next day I felt like exercising again so started a new streak.

Mine was "just" a 30 minute walk today as I was up at 3 a.m. working and got all my documents and billing and things done so that I can basically take five days off without any work at all. So really happy about that. Have a lot to do, though, but resting today.

Calories yesterday were 1550, with which I am happy.

Woot, all!

Going to go read a book and eat 2 sugar free popsicles.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-15-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #28  
Want to feel better

Hello all,

Week 1

Week 4

Week 1 (exercise)

I didn't do quite as well today. I gave in and had one small brownie at work, but when I went shopping, I didn't buy junk. I got out of work too late to walk at the"Y", so I am counting my walking while shopping as my exercise for today.

Last edited by glynne; 06-17-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #29  

1353 calories and 13 carbs.
30 days walking/biking at gym.

Even though I'm over one carb I feel I was back on-track mostly and had a lovely day.

Last edited by maryea; 06-16-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #30  
Empress/Queen

Wowza, congrats to everyone on how well they are doing.

This morning's two-hour mini hike put me over 20,000 exercise minutes (20,110 to be exact) on Day 265 of the streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise. Previous streakity record was 18,000 minutes on Day 288. Ended that previous streak at 18,000 but continuing this current one, with the next goal being 30,000 minutes.

This is Day 197 of the countdown backwards to my goal date when I will weigh 125 pounds (hopefully before lol).

This is Day 1 of the CONSECUTIVE CALORIE STREAK of eating IN OR BELOW1600s or below. Previous record 5 days but went over yesterday, so this is Day 1 again and I am going to continue counting these as streaks for awhile, maybe change the number as I get closer to my goal. Several of the 5 days were in the 1500s.

Am off to buy some stuff for my current landscape project.
Closed Thread