Old 06-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 6 (06/04-06/10)

Blue Team Total Lost: 11.5 lbs. as a team or 0.36%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: rainydays (-2.8 lbs., -1.96%)

Honorable Mentions:

eliza31 (-2.8 lbs., -1.90%)
takingcontrol (-3 lbs., -1.73%)
EofAZ (-2 lb., -0.78%)

Congratulations to all the losers this week ! We're almost halfway through this challenge... we can do it !
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Congratulations Rainydays and all the honourables.

Feels good to record a decent loss and be well and truly back on the wagon, albeit not quite back to where I started...... the second half of this challenge is going to see me moving towards my goal, for sure! Although, I think I'm going to end up lowering my goal, I can't imagine that in a stones time I'll be happy with my thighs/legs/butt..... I'd also like a bigger cushion between maintenance weight and being back in the overweight BMI category..... Trying not to get ahead of myself though, I've still got to get to my original goal before I fantasise too much about getting even beyond that!

Have a great week everyone!

Still really busy here, big exam on Wednesday then a big assignment hand in on Sunday. I think things will ease off a bit after that though, which will be nice!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #3  

Good Monday Bluesers !

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm finally feeling back in the groove of things and it will hopefully continue. School has been hectic but the end is in sight (at least for a little while). Had a great workout with the personal trainer this morning so now off to do homework, make dinner then go to school.

Have a great day !

Inspiration of the Day: Action is eloquence. - William Shakespeare

Last edited by LeslieB; 06-04-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to Rainydays and all the other losers!
I'm so happy to be back down to where I was a few weeks ago and back on track! Hope it's a good week for everyone!
Retiredone how is your husband?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #5  

leslieB-so wonderful to hear you are back in the groove. So much of this is a head game and I am so happy to see things are getting back on track.

Congratulations Rainydays, good job. You too Takingcontrol, you sure have recovered from your slow down.

I am still struggling scheduling exercise. My food is spot on but I must figure out how to push myself to get more formal exercise. Other than that things are going well. It was such a nice quiet weekend. My daughter didn't have to work so my granddaughters weren't over. Boy, I have gotten so use to having them at the house I wasn't sure if the quiet felt good or if I was lonely. Grandpa said the same thing, they sure breath a lot of life into the house but a little, quiet time felt good too.

Have a good week Blusers.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #6  

Leslie, well done for getting back on track, I really can empathise! Things are off the rail here at the moment school wise, but in another week or so they should calm down, I might even give myself a couple of days off before starting my dissertation!

EmilyK - I'm also loving being back on track, and really hoping to hit my new lowest weight come the next weigh in, whoop! Keep up the hard work

EofAZ, glad you enjoyed your quiet weeknd, but it does sound like you'll be desperate to have the grandkids my next weekend! I find starting the exercise ball rolling is the hardest part. I struggled at first, but now it really is just part of my routine I wouldn't be without! Although, you've got the most important part (eating) under control which is great!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #7  

Quick post from the teadmill thishard typinng and walking as you can see by the spelling.
Ill come back later

congratulations to our biggest losers this week
Old 06-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #8  

OMG, can I just skip 2012?? I'm pretty sure I herniated a disc today. I've had 2 back surgeries, and REALY REALLY want to avoid a third. Not to mention that I hurt it just before heading to the hospital for yet another ultrasound on my neck.

Grrrrrrr.

ETA: sorry to whine. It's been one of those years so far with one thing after another as far as health goes.

Last edited by emilyk; 06-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #9  

Happy Tuesday Bluesers !

So far so good this week... although it's been stressful I've been able to channel that stress away from food and focus it on other things. It's a huge accomplishment for me. School is now finished and I'm unsure if I'll be taking anymore classes at this point... might not need them for the type of job I'm going into.

emilyk - Oh dear... good thoughts coming your way... let us know how it goes.

Have a great day Team !

Inspiration of the Day: Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. - Chinese Proverb
Old 06-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #10  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Congratulations to our Biggest Loser and Honorable Mentions. Good Job!

I'm so off track this past week with DH's unscheduled surgery. When he was in hospital I wasn't getting my meals and now that he's home I'm stuffing myself. He's doing much better now that the offending appendix has been removed. He's still stiff and sore but everything's on the mend. Yesterday was his birthday so there was cake and party food for a very low scale celebration (all but the food). Today I'm feeling I'm getting back on track. My, it doesn't take much to get thrown out of kilter.

Anyhoo, Go Blue Team!

Last edited by retiredone; 06-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #11  

Bigmid - love the dedication, typing from teh treadmill

EMily - sorry hear of your injury and your bad luck year hope the second half picks up for you, and that this injury isn't too serious.......

Leslie - Whhhhhhhooooooooopppppp to finishing your classes, and even bigger whoooooooop for maybe not having to take more! I hope you have a great summer being free of the stress

retiredone great to hear your dh is well on the mend. Please don't worry about going off plan, sometimes things come along that are more important than counting calories. You're through it and out the otehrside, so all you need to do is look forwards and get right back on it

Goodish day here, I'm weighing in daily at the mo to help motivate myself to stay on track. Really want to be able to move my ticker down for the first time since this challenge started at the weekend, come on!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #12  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Hey everybody, I started my new Assistant Manager position this week, so it's been hard to get on the computer, but I wanted you all to know I'm doing a lot better this week. The water weight is letting go and I haven't had time to do the "munching" that sabatoges things. Sunday's weigh in should be really good, I'm on the verge of the 80's today! (190.8)
time for work again, , ttyl
Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #13  

LeslieBGood job on handling stress better! And on school finishing up...that should help with stress!

retiredoneYou've had a lot to deal with! I'm glad to hear DH is on the mend! I hope your stresses go down. I know anxiety is a HUGE trigger for me and eating poorly!

takingcontrolYou can do it! You have done so well so far! Plateaus suck!

qtapostolicCongrats on the new job! And on less snacking opportunities! How exciting to move into a new "decade" (what do I call that?).

I'm having a pretty good week, considering. My back is SLOWLY getting better. I'm still on large doses of anti-inflammatories, and icing my back throughout the day, but there's less pain and the feeling is starting to come back in my toes. Yay! This morning I took a 3/4 mile walk (SLOWLY). It was scheduled to be a 3.5 mile walk day (FAST), but I'm trying to stay positive by reminding myself that at least I can walk at all, and am obviously improving.
I'm staying on target with my eating and the scale is moving in the right direction, though more slowly than I'd like.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Hello everyone, and happy Wednesday! The week's almost halfway done, hooray!

I'm FINALLY getting back in the swing of things after my vacation to L.A. during Memorial Day weekend. I had such a great time visiting with my cousin and her husband. They're expecting a baby in the fall & it was fun to shop for some cute baby stuff and just hang out a lot. They live a few minutes away from where I went to college so I was also able to visit campus & see one of my closest college friends.

I started the weekend planning to stay on track with calories but that quickly went downhill. We ate out several times and attended a shrimp boil hosted by one of my cousin's friends (YUM, by the way) and of course there were also desserts to be had. I definitely went over calories and the scale showed a 3 lb. gain the Tuesday I got back. However, I know it could have been much worse. It took me all week to get back to my previous weigh-in weight & I'm hoping now I can finally go down from 181 at the next weigh-in.My new mini-goal is 175 ... once I get there I will treat myself with a few new clothes, as mine are definitely getting a bit too big for me.
I've also gotten back on the exercise bandwagon this week, after barely exercising at all for the past 3. I'm still doing my Bootcamp Calorie Burn & yesterday also started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I went into 30DS expecting it to be unbearable but it actually was okay. I made it through the whole thing & my body definitely felt it but I never felt like I couldn't complete the workout, which is really all I'm asking for at the moment.

Of course, congrats to rainydays on Biggest Loser title & all the honorable mentions! And major props to the Blue Team as a whole for winning the weigh-in. We're doing so well!

takingcontrol - Good to see you're feeling back on track. Hope the exam went well today & things start de-stressing for you. How are you liking the daily weigh-in? I had been doing that but found the fluctuations way too frustrating, especially when it would go up after a day of eating and exercising on plan.

LeslieB - Congrats on finishing school, and especially on possibly not having to do any more classes. That must be an awesome feeling! Good for you for channeling that stress into activities other than eating - it's always so easy to calm stress with snacks & treats! What have you found to replace eating as a stress reliever?

emilyk - How's the back?? So sorry to hear it's giving you trouble. You rest up & make sure you're feeling better before trying to push yourself with exercise.

EofAZ - Sounds like you had a great, quiet weekend! I'm sure you're looking forward to spending time with the granddaughters again soon, though. Have you found a way to fit in that more formal exercise yet? Scheduling it in can be so tough in our already crazy busy days!

Bigmid - LOL I love the post from the treadmill - it's great to get a live report!

Isabella - I know exactly what you mean! I was on vacation for all of 2 days and was thrown completely off, only to finally get back on track a couple of weeks later. So sorry to hear about your husband's surgery, but I'm glad he's on the mend & recovering well. I'm sure you will be back on track in no time with your dedication.

Kelly - WOO-HOO! You are so close to the 180s! You will be there so soon! Glad you are liking the new job. It's always nice to be away from those tempting munchies at home.

Well I am off to try & make it through the rest of my Wednesday - only 2.5 more days until the weekend!! Keep going strong, team!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #15  

Hi all,

Well got my exams out of the way yesterday, they were HARD! Celebrated with a meat pizza, whoops! But did two hours of exercise and only ate yoghurt and fruit in the evening so it wasn't as disastrous a day as it could have been!

Now I'm on with the two assignments that have to be submitted Sunday and Monday, then I might have some time to chill out a little before the dissertation begins!

Was up 2lb this am (1lb on last weeks weigh in), but that's OK considering, and still time to get back down again for a good weigh in!

I did my first ever boxercise class last night, and LOVED it! Brand new to our gym and it was great! Even better that I wasn't in the least fit camp either, so many people who looked much skinnier than me, and a few who were heavier really struggled, and I was in the group who could cope with whatever he threw at us, yay! I'm finding my new found fitness so much more motivating than the scales now. I know if I keep it up and eat well most of the time, the scales will move in their own time

Kelly good luck with the new job, it sounds great! And with the weigh in on Sunday, really hope you wave goodbye to the 190s!

Emily glad to hear your back is on the mend, I hope it's better soon and you can get back to doing the things you'd like. Plateaus really do suck, but my recent one was very much self inflicted so should hopefully be easy to rectify!

AK812 sounds like you're well and truly back in the swing, well done! I think I'll have to try the 30DS sometime, I hear so much about it! Great work getting through day one! I'm quite liking daily weigh ins so far, up today, but that's actually given me more motivation to stay on plan and reminded me that yesterday's pizza was a treat, and treats are only occasional! I know the weight is likely to be water weight from both the salty pizza and my aching muscles after 2 hours of Pump and boxercise. BUT, it's given me the push I need anyway to have a super OP day today!

Right, back to the reading for the assigment, then a spinnning class then a ton more reading, maybe a jog later, we'll see! What a glam life I lead!