Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Thread - Monday, 28 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 March 2011
Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #2  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning,
I didn't plan to post this early, maybe even be the first. I should be asleep, but I woke up around 4 and finally got up around 5:00. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post

On a side note, stopped by my friend's/assistant's house today and as soon as she saw me she told me I better go buy new clothes. I looked down to realize that the outfit I had on today really did look like crap because it's literally now hanging off of me LOL. Oops.
That (despite being a little embarrassing --based on your tone)....sounds totally COOL!!!!

Last edited by Tate; 03-28-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all!

For a change, I get to work from home today. I am the director for a in-home service provision company in South Central PA. Basically, I supervise 18 caseworkers who go into peoples homes and try to help them make changes to avoid their children ending up in foster care (we also work to help families reunify if the children are already in care).

I have been assigned a project by my boss that I believe will take me the next three days. I have turned off my cell and will not be on my email---this is a BIG project (the bad news). THe good news is that this si something new for me and my boss gets to do my job for three days---he already knows how hard I work, but I believe this will give him a whole new perspective on things!

My plan today:

Something out of a foil packet for breakfast
Ditto for lunch plus lettuce
IDK for dinner--pork tenderloin and maybe turnip "fries" if I get to the store, more lettuce
Something out of a foil packed for snack.

Make it a good day all!! Cheers!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

GOOD MORNING IPer's! Here is to another great week. 100% protocol, no excuses.....GIT R DUN!

Had a great weekend of working in the yard/house. Even though it was cold and miserable and snowing. My work clothes are a set of bib overalls and wow, I could almost fit 2 of me in them, guess I need new ones!

A week an a half until my birthday and 2 weeks until our party at our home with family and friends. Many of the friends have not seen me since New Years Eve, right before I started IP. Should be a great time.

Hope everyone has great WI's this week and a good start the next mini challenge. I think around my birthday, I will post an updated progress pic.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning everyone!

Thank you so much for the support and kind wishes. Father-in-law is still hanging tough. I have not cheated.

Week 3 for me starts today. My WI is at lunchtime. I may squeeze in a workout too if my husband doesn't call me to go home before then. I am expecting to see another 3 or 4 lbs gone.

I have a few questions too, if you don't mind:

1. Can too much Crystal Light and/or Nestea (with Splenda) knock you out of Ketosis or affect weight loss?

2. Are the apple cinamon soy puffs restricted? They aren't marked as restricted on the grocery list that I get from my coach but I was under the impression that all soy puffs are restricted. They are too good not to be restricted, right?

3. If I work out for about 30 mins. at Swann (a gym similar to Curves), is it recommended for me to have an extra packet? Does it matter if the extra packet is restricted or not (as long as I don't go over one restricted per day)?

I wish you all a great new week!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-28-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/188/132

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone.

I have a question.....I'm only in my 2nd week, I've talked to several ppl that for their vegetable, they have only been eating lettuce, my coach says lettuce does not count towards your vegetable, I want to make sure I'm doing this right and so I have only been using the veggies on the list for my 2 cups, which does not include lettuce...
Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Hello everyone.

I have a question.....I'm only in my 2nd week, I've talked to several ppl that for their vegetable, they have only been eating lettuce, my coach says lettuce does not count towards your vegetable, I want to make sure I'm doing this right and so I have only been using the veggies on the list for my 2 cups, which does not include lettuce...
According to my coach,lettuce is not to be counted towards the 2 cups of veggies. Now spinach does count towards the two cups!!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Good morning!!! Will be starting week 11 on Wed. I never thought I would get through week 1. Feel very good about this. This weekend my mom said that I can tell by your face that you have lost weight but you dress like a bum!! I do love my sweats!! So today I have to go shopping. We have a friend bday party and we have not seen most friends since we started this journey. So it's kinda like a coming out party. I used to love to shop but now don't know how to shop for this new body. I have lost 30lbs and hubby 36lbs. Wish me luck!!! Here's to a week to all of us kicking fat's butt!!! We CAN do this!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/188/132

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
According to my coach,lettuce is not to be counted towards the 2 cups of veggies. Now spinach does count towards the two cups!!
Thanks, I dont even put lettuce in my salads anymore, its really hard for me to eat 2 cups of veggies....
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #11  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good morning everyone!

Thank you so much for the support and kind wishes. Father-in-law is still hanging tough. I have not cheated.

Week 3 for me starts today. My WI is at lunchtime. I may squeeze in a workout too if my husband doesn't call me to go home before then. I am expecting to see another 3 or 4 lbs gone.

I have a few questions too, if you don't mind:

1. Can too much Crystal Light and/or Nestea (with Splenda) knock you out of Ketosis or affect weight loss?

2. Are the apple cinamon soy puffs restricted? They aren't marked as restricted on the grocery list that I get from my coach but I was under the impression that all soy puffs are restricted. They are too good not to be restricted, right?

3. If I work out for about 30 mins. at Swann (a gym similar to Curves), is it recommended for me to have an extra packet? Does it matter if the extra packet is restricted or not (as long as I don't go over one restricted per day)?

I wish you all a great new week!
1. Yes the crystal light drinks can knock you out. You are allowed to splendas or sweet-n-lows a day.

2. Restricted, sorry.

3. They do recommend that if you work out or extra hungry that you can have an additional packet, but still only 1 restricted per day. They say you can have up to 5 packets a day depending on your muscle mass. However they don't recommend exercise for the first 3 weeks and then after that they prefer that you do about half of what you would normally do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Hello everyone.

You are exactly right. Lettuce is not considered your vegetable, you can have unlimited lettuce in addition to your veggies. We need the nutrients and vitamins we get from those 4 cups of veggies a day. Keep doing what you are doing, sounds like you got it under control.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #12  
Reema

S/C/G: 155/131/115

Height: 4"10'

Thumbs up Hi All....First Time User....

Hi Everyone:

My name is Reema. I just joined IP and in five days I have already lost 5 pounds. my current weight 150...My goal weight 115. How is every one doing?

Thank you and I look forward to sharing my progress with everyone.

Reema
Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #13  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning IPers!! Here's to an awesome week! My goal today is to drink lots and lots of water. Also, I plan to get more active by deep cleaning my house today. It should be interesting since I have a 2 year old in tow. Looking forward to a good weigh in tomorrow. Have a fabulous day, ladies and gents!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Reema and Welcome!

I had WI #17 this morning. It's TOM for me but I did have a loss of one pound. So, yay! I'll take it. I will be starting Phase 2 next week! I'm six pounds away from goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I'm off to the Phase 2 posts.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Everyone!

Going for my second WI after work, and tomorrow starts week 3. I never thought I'd make it past week one, but I did! Clothes are starting to fit a little better, and I'm not wanting to nap after work. I also have more energy now and look forward to my Wii Fit time in the morning. And I don't know if it has anything to do with IP, but both my fiance and I (he's on IP also) are sleeping much better...prior to that I could count on waking up at least once during the night, and waking up exhausted.

Hope everyone has an awesome day

Last edited by puddleduck; 03-28-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: dyslexic fingers typo :)
Closed Thread