Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! It is a beautiful day here. Still getting things ready and checking out different things in the 5th wheel.

Gayle, Pretty much have everything out there. I did wash the linens for the bed yesterday and took the Beautiful bedspread that came with the 5th wheel to the dry cleaners (why do they make an rv bedspread dry clean only?) It should be ready to pick up on Monday to the tune of $20!! But I want to start out with everything clean. Bought a mattress topper for the bed and I think that will work fine. Getting excited to see my son and meet his new lady! We have talked to her on the phone and she seems very nice. Guess we will know more after we spend a few days with them.
I would love to get that Granny Bike! BUT if wouldn't fit in the bed of the truck with the 5th wheel connected and it wouldn't fit inside... I really think you should just bring it to me!! Now doesn't that sound like a good idea!!

Got laundry calling my name this morning so guess I'll get that done before it gets to hot!

Prayers going out for all concerns and hope everyone has a Wonderful Day.

Last edited by Karen31; 05-10-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Hello GG's

I do hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing pretty good, Im not sure if i posted my nose stitches are out, but He took part of my lest ear back, so i have more stitches. IM doing well. I did over eat yesterday, and sat way to long, BUT that was just yesterday.

Today is always a new day. I will do better posting. IT helps me.

debbie
Old 05-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #138  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Carol Sue, I can see a tandem would be a good choice for someone that didn't know how to ride a bike. The back seat, the stoker, just pedals and chats away...

Freda, I thought of you this morning when I put on my long undies to walk the dogs. It was 28 out but will be nearing 70 this afternoon. Hot cold hot cold. I looked at those fiber pasta and there's nowhere around here that sells them. Let me know what you think of them. I'd consider ordering them.

Isabella, I hope your BIL starts to improve. My father is having surgery next week because of a many year long sinus infection that won't go away. They have to fix that before anything can be done about the leukemia so I know what you're talking about.

Gayle, we did have a nice anniversary. It really was perfect. So I was reading your post about the frustrations of the downsizing. I found a (bad) way to deal with it. Yesterday was sort of yucky. While DH and I made dinner we had some extra strawberries that needed eating soon. So I made daiquiris. Heavens I made jokes about my whole day, giggling the entire time I told DH about the messes. Not a good long term solution but it made me laugh at the day.

Mary, enjoy your visitors. Last June we cancelled DirecTv because it was up to $90 a month. Now eleven months later, I have saved nearly $1000. We did buy a long range over the air HD antenna and get all locals except Fox isn't great reception but still watchable. That was $70. We bought a PS3 for netflix $7.99/month since Sept and perhaps Zumba. So another $249 there. And EyeTV for DH's computer so we can record over the air TV shows and an HDMI cable to the TV to watch them. I think that was about another $75. So the net savings at this point is around $460. And the savings just now grows because we're not spending anymore except the $7.99 for netflix. I love $8/month instead of $90.

Andi, enjoy your camping trip. It sounds like fun.

KarenMO, when are you taking off in your RV?

Debbie, on the stitches and worry. I have found that if I log my calories and make sure I post them daily on the Challenge thread has helped me tremendously. I had decided the scale was playing with my mental health with it's daily fluctuations so I decided to log my cals and I know what range I can be in to maintain and what range to lose. Of course binging will always go the other way. Gaining is just so EASY!

Marie
Old 05-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #139  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick hola... just to let you know I haven't abandoned you!

Gayle - thanks for always paying attention and asking! I appreciate you! GM's doc appointment went SO well! A month ago, her BP was 182/120; on Tuesday, it was 118/74!!! And she's sleeping better, so everything, everything!, has improved for her. I was SO pleased! If her knee wasn't such a mess, she'd be in fine shape. We went out for bbq afterward, and I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with her on Tuesday.

The hand is fine. I finished up the penicillin+ yesterday. I feel great, and I don't think there's any residual going on. Sabrino, though, is inviting his cronies to visit! I've seen two strays (and a skunk!) the last couple of days. I told him to take his stinkin' friends elsewhere. Apparently, I'm his MOMMY; when he sees me, he runs toward me. And he's about 4" shorter than SamCat, this little solid plug of a kitty... I could love him. I wish I could trust him.

I'm at work, so I can't take much time. Hope you're all doing well. Sounds like Spring has sprung everywhere (Rosey, I'll bet you're GLAD of that!)... Everyone, have a good rest of the day! Later, lovelies![/COLOR]

Last edited by jess1; 05-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Freda - It's funny that you asked why I wake up because the pulmonary doc asked me the same thing. I don't know what wakes me up. I don't think it's because I stop breathing because of the Cpap. Before I had it DH said I used to snore a lot and then stop breathing and wake up gasping. He said since the Cpap I don't do that anymore. And I don't think it's pain. At least I don't really feel pain when I wake up. It could be DH moving around in bed, the dog barks sometimes in the middle of the night, or just that I get uncomfortable and wake up.

Maryea - That was Freda who's mother is having back problems. We both have "slim" in our screen name.

I didn't have a bike growing up because there was no money for one. My brother had one because someone gave him a used one when they got a new one. I couldn't ride his because of the bar. I did ride a friend's occasionally, but only for a few minutes and I was very shaky on it. I didn't ride enough to really learn how to balance. We didn't have the tandem long enough to enjoy it because DH wouldn't pedal. LOL It was too hard for me to pedal with both of us on it. I think I needed a trike.

Gayle - I really don't want to take anything for sleep. Partly because I am on so many meds that I need for health problems and I don't want to add to it. And then I'm always afraid that something will happen to dh during the night or some other emergency and I won't be able to wake up. When I was in the hospital after my heart surgery they gave me one of the more common sleep aids (I forgot the name). It kept me asleep for about 4-5 hours and I considered myself lucky to get that. The doctor who did my bowel surgery was reluctant to give me anything for sleep for some reason, and I did lie awake all night many a night. It's really hard to sleep in the hospital anyway. I know I don't get enough sleep but I don't want to take drugs. I fall asleep in a matter of seconds after going to bed. I just can't stay asleep.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #141  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

We received sad news this afternoon. My husband's brother-in-law passed away early this afternoon. The doctor's said his body couldn't take anymore. I don't know any details yet but I do know his heart stopped last night and was revived but don't know if that happened again today. So I'm going to another funeral but this time I'm one of the mourners. My poor SIL is in bits and has a 4 hour drive to get home.

I was on my bike when I got the news so I'm going to try and get back on tonight.

Take care.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Oh Isabella...so sorry for your loss. It must have been terrible shock for your SIL. I'll put her in my prayers now and hope for some peace for her. k3
Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Prayers for you, your SIL and family! I'm so sorry.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Chicks -

Having pc problems. No one was around to help me so I “googled” it. Couldn’t get on firefox - something running in the background - and figured out how to fix it. Or it was just a coincidence. Then - I finally get on 3FC and I kept getting spammed with that contact lens ad - anybody else have a problem with that?

Mary - there is a difference between coconut water and coconut milk. Coconut milk has more calories. What my husband takes is coconut water. They probably have the same amount of potassium. More than bananas. He tried eating bananas every day but found he was gaining weight and they didn’t help. (He is vain about his weight - very annoying.) He only takes the coconut water on days when he has sweated profusely - once or twice a week. He gets very extensive blood tests. What surprises me is that it started working immediately - didn’t have to build up in his system or take weeks before he noticed a difference. Thanks for alerting me to the possibility of too much potassium.

Gayle - sorry about your sleep problems. It’s so frustrating. I was almost hoping I had sleep apnea if the cpap machine would help it. I guess not so much. I do think DH’s snoring and moving add to my waking up though I woke up at the sleep center. Went to orthopedic surgeon today. He said it was a pinched nerve, switched my anti inflammatory and gave me more pain pills. He also wrote a script for physical therapy which I will do when I get back from D.C.

Isabella - lol about the “greet the public clothing.” I so get it. I usually live in yoga pants and T shirts. Sometimes I put on the newer yoga pants. And during the cold weather I wear jeans. Last summer was the first year I wore shorts in a couple of decades. I’d like to relose a few more pounds. Let me know how you like the satelite. I’m hanging on to my cable for a while longer . I have tivo and I’m addicted to it.
Gosh - I just saw your post about your BIl. I'm so sorry.

Freda - My BHRT really helped my Fibro but I think I need more. I have to research it before I go to my ob/gyne. I have been saying that I was going to go in early for months now but have been busy. I have to get in my mammogram too. Sorry about your mom’s back. My husband has osteoporosis and his disc’s are kind of crumbling. He is taking something for that. Take your meds! Nothing like seeing our parents’ problems to scare us. Both of mine have Alzheimer’s. Talk about scary. Every time I forget something - which is often - I wonder if it’s starting already.

Carole Sue - I think I would sleep better without DH. (If I had my wonderful Tempur Pedic mattress) The worst is when I wake up at midnight and he is still up - either from hockey or whatever. Makes it impossible for me to get back to sleep. I’ve been comforting myself with a chocolate binge. Plus, DH has lost a couple of pounds at the same time that I’m losing and regaining the same 5. I’m sorry you have sleep problems. I think all the women I know do.

Rosey - I have become Mrs. Crankypants. Just put your cranky DH and me out on an ice berg. Sorry about your money snafu. It’s so easy to do - especially when you have so much on your mind. I hope it all gets better.

Marie - It stinks that work is so piled up on the remaining employees. Hope it gets better.

Leaving tomorrow for D.C. to see DS. I’m very happy about that but am so annoyed with DH I may have to get my own hotel room. I’m not kidding! Better go pack.

I hope everyone has a nice restorative sleep tonight….zzzzzzzz.

Last edited by deelee10; 05-10-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #145  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Isabella - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #146  

Hi everyone. Isabella so sry for your loss` a very quiet day for me,i sent mr cranky over to his buddys house,hes also recovering from surg. i thought they could keep each other company i worked on cutting and hemming flour sack kitchen towels. you know the ones our moms made with the days of the week on them. i like to have some busy work so decided to embroider a set for my dd's as a xmas gift. i know its early but my surg told me to find things to keep me busy or my old habits would come back,and i love to do stuff like that soo astitching i will go. its rainy today,and gloomy. did you watch idol last night? some really gifted singers. well here i am rambling with not a lot to say hope your evenings great rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-10-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #147  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Isabella...sorry
Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #148  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Sorry for your family's loss Isabella ~ thoughts and prayers for you all.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #149  

Height: 5'3"

Last night my dh woke up and realized he was having mild chest pain very high BP. He didn't want to go to the ER and since he'd recently passed his stress test with flying colors, I didn't insist; it gradually went away, but I called the doc first thing this am and he had us go in within the hour. They did another EKG which showed no significant change from the last one (just a few weeks ago). The doctor doesn't think it is his heart. Dh has been frequently short of breath for a while now...I've mentioned it to the doc several times and he's listened to his chest but hasn't seemed very concerned. Today we told him again and he had him get a chest X-ray. They also drew blood in case of anemia. I suspect everything will come back negative but I think it's good to check. He gave him a prescription for Nitro in case he has more chest pain and told him to go in if that doesn't help. It helps to have the doctor tell him instead of just me sometimes. Our dd's furniture came to their new house so she went directly there so we have not seen her yet. I understand they are excited about getting settled again and enjoying their new place and as it turned out we were pretty busy ourselves. Since they did not come we went shopping after the doctor/X-ray. And at least I have a nice clean house! :-)

Retiredone - I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy.

Deelee - I'm sorry, I typed coconut milk but my dh was drinking coconut water. He only uses it to make Filipino rice cake...talk about calories!! OMGosh I had to stop eating it. My dh is vain about his appearance too and hates when he gains a few pounds. It's getting harder for him to get rid of his tummy these days but he is very disciplined about his eating.

Slmn11 - Your childhood bike story sounds just like mine! Same issues but it was my sister who got a used bike. My sister is 9 years old than I and my brother 18 years older so what they had never got handed down to me...probably fell apart or something. I think my parents would have probably gotten me a used one if I'd asked. I ask my dad why I didn't get one (after I was grown) and he said because I didn't ask for one! Duh, dummy me! I always asked for dolls, later paper dolls, and much later clothes or games for gifts at Christmas. Otherwise I never ask for anything as I knew they didn't have much and honestly I was just not used to asking for stuff much and didn't think of it. I survived. Kids today are different for the most part. My kids weren't beggars, I wouldn't have put up with that, but I did make sure they had what I thought were essentials plus more so they didn't do without much. I probably did too much as I got us in debt a lot in those days, something I later regretted..the method of payment but not the reason.

Marie - We keep Directv for one reason only...so dh can have his Filipino channel without paying as much as cable. We have the very very basic plan which is not usually advertised. Started out years ago at $15/mo and is now about $30. We don't get the movie channels...believe me, it's is BASIC!! LOL
Other than the Filipino channel we just watch the channels we'd watch without subscription. We also have the most basic Netflix plan..$5.40 a month, 2 movies a month. I agree that both cable and Directv are way too expensive if you get more and we don't need it. Only thing dh misses is getting some of the sports, we could pay for them but he doesn't want to spend the money. I don't care so leave it up to him.

Karen31 - I've wondered why those RV bedspreads are always dry clean too! I finally (after several years) just washed ours and it turned out ok. It didn't last much longer but it was already starting to fall apart anyway. After that I just put an inexpensive throw over it I found online...kind of micro-suede and it washed up very nicely. I threw some pretty pillows on it to brighten it up and we liked it except it didn't match the window coverings which had been make to match the original bedspread...another stupid idea to my thinking! Sounds like you're getting that RV all fixed up and are eager to go places!! GFY!

Andi - Those young guys can sure eat!! Our grocery and electric bills dropped when our youngest son left home. He fall asleep most nights in the family room with the light and TV on.

Last edited by maryea; 05-10-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Isabella, my sympathy and best wishes to you and your family.

Mary, my chest pains turned out to be esophogeal spasms & my sister's shortness of breath turned out to be reactions to her meds. In both cases, we figured out the causes through the internet - none of our numerous doctors helped us find the causes.

Looks like a VERY nice day here - a little cool, but sunny. My DF and I are going into Philly to the art museum. Planning lunch at a GREAT restaurant on the Delaware River & then a lecture at the museum about 18th and 19th century art.

Sunday is our "Chopped" day. I keep thinking about ingredients for my DD & SIL. I am hoping they don't make mine too difficult.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 05-11-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Closed Thread