Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #46  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Got home from the gym about an hour ago and I've been resting and having my morning snack. Need to get to work soon though. It's a quiet cloudy wet day. Dh is going to a friends to help him move some things so I'm on my own.

Rosey - I too have been wondering how you are doing it...how far is the hospital from where you live? I picture your house as being very remote from town. I'm glad you are able to be there for her, and I'm sure you are a help to the family as well, but do take care of yourself too.

Lynn - Have fun at the dance! I doubt I know how to dance anymore it's been so long. Never was very good at it, dh was the dancer.

Karen31 - You treat those doggies too well! As I think I've said before, if I were a dog I'd want to be one of yours and get all that attention! I need a hair cut too.

Bobbi - I know the name Chuck Swindahl and think I have even heard him long ago but I can't for the life of me remember what he looks like or how he sounds now. I don't normally listen to that kind of program here at home, but when we visit my brother and sil in MO, they always watch the 700 Club..or some Christian TV program and that's the only time I watch them.

Debbie/Karen3 (and someone else?) - I too was disappointed in the Biggest Loser this season, esp with those walking off. Afterall they signed the contract. I would think they'd want to stick it out for the possiblity of winning. I did think Jeremy looked nice though. I thought Kim would be the winner so was surprised. I also thought Emily looked very nice. When I first saw her I knew she would be really beautiful when she slimmed down. I too watch Survivor. IMHO, this has not been the best season for it either, but right now I'm rooting for Kim. How about Amazing Race, anyone watch that? I was disappointed that my favorite couple Mark & Bopper was eliminated last time. The two female federal agents were also favorites and I was sad to see them go too. I like people who don't fight with their partner! Right now I'm rooting for Dave & Rachel but I don't like their bickering.

Last edited by maryea; 05-03-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Hello GG's

1 day past my nose surgery. lol Its 4 stitches, and IM doing really well. Its really not a problem. Somehow last evening i wanted sugar, and i got it. apx 1500 calories worth. I did that in less then an hour. That with my already eaten 1000 calories really blew my numbers our of sinc. Good thing it doesen't happen often.

Back on track today!

I do hope all are well, and eating and moving!

deb
Old 05-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

My blood pressure was much better today. I sat back in the chair and really relaxed quietly before she took it. I think it has to do with her tecnique. I have my own blood pressure machine that I use and also I check it on those machines in WalMart and KMart, but the way the nurses do it manually is supposed to be the most reliable. I am very relieved that I don't have to get more meds for it.

Freda/Isabella - I am a pretty good judge of how much food I need per person, then I add a little for good measure. DH doesn't trust my judgment and makes me make extra. That's how I end up sending so many leftovers home. LOL

Karen3 - I always have a chronic cough......worse at times than others due to allergies. I have had people ask to be moved to another table in restaurants when they were sitting near me, especially during flu season. I am such a bad person.....there have been times in a crowded room that I have faked a cough to get people to move away and give us more room. LOL
Old 05-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Mary I was so hoping Kim would win, but she ran out of weight to lose. I was very happy with the At home prize, HE worked very hard, you could see it. Conda IMHO should of been ditched a long time ago.

Survivor, Hubby and i love that show, and i do hope a girl wins. I love how they ditched all the men.

deb
Old 05-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Just a quick post before I try to find something to fix for supper that sound good! Both the girls got "foo-fooed" today and they look and smell so nice! I don't think it will be long though before the ribbons are gone! But they do look so nice I think. Spent the afternoon just looking at stuff. We went to a indoor fleamarket and looked and looked!!! So much stuff!! I have already decided that we really need to have a garage sale... just hate to have to try to put it all together-- I think I would rather just post it on craigslist as I come to it.

OK Hope everyone has had a good day. Be back later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4593.jpg (21.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4595.jpg (22.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #51  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm full of funeral food. It seems as if everyone who came to the service brought copious amounts of food. What a spread and what left-overs that everyone left behind for those of us cleaning up. My friend (the non-baker) went home with enough sweets to put her in a diabetic coma every day for a month. She's quite quick to tell me she doesn't eat many sweets-HA! She probably has more sugar in her blood stream than blood. I ate most of the stuff when I got home and could relax. Lately I've been having small suppers but tonight I feel quite full. Oh, well tomorrow`s a clean slate.

Bobbi, I know who Chuck Swindoll is. I get his broadcast on a Christian radio station but I don`t listen to him on any regular basis but a few times a month, probably. He`s a good speaker.

Rie, hope your day is not as long today. Those long days can really wear on a body.

Rosey, how are you holding up? You must be very tired.

Freda, there was enough food for another funeral. I'm glad your feeling better. Nothing worse than being sick and having to go out. Now you can enjoy the grand kids' activities.

Oh, Donna, you're so sweet to say those nice things. I love your sense of humor as well. Hope the saltmines weren't too horrible today.

Lynn, here's hoping your day tomorrow will be rain and chill free.

Mary, your day sounds nice and peaceful. I'd like to get a nice quiet day to myself.

Debbie, so glad you're feeling so well after the surgery. I guess we can call you a "sweet" thing after your sugar attack. Ah, we've all been there with some food or other.

Carol Sue, I'm pretty good a judging how much food is needed and then I start to over think the portions and what about if 20 extra people show up and what about if no one has eaten since breakfast and so on and so on....Good thing we all like left overs. If I'm asked to bring sandwiches I'll do that and throw in a plate of cookies, maybe a cake and then probably one more thing for good measure. I just like cooking and baking, lol.

Well, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself tomorrow with no funeral to cook or bake for. Maybe, I'll clean the house. That should be a nice change. (NOT) Oh, well, it must be done once in a while and the house looks so nice clean and shiny. I usually give the place a good going over when I'm mad at DH. I wonder what I can blame him for tonight to get me in a good cleaning mood.

Take care. I'll catch you all later.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Debbie/Karen3 (and someone else?) - I too was disappointed in the Biggest Loser this season, esp with those walking off. Afterall they signed the contract. I would think they'd want to stick it out for the possiblity of winning. I did think Jeremy looked nice though. I thought Kim would be the winner so was surprised. I also thought Emily looked very nice. When I first saw her I knew she would be really beautiful when she slimmed down. I too watch Survivor. IMHO, this has not been the best season for it either, but right now I'm rooting for Kim. How about Amazing Race, anyone watch that? I was disappointed that my favorite couple Mark & Bopper was eliminated last time. The two female federal agents were also favorites and I was sad to see them go too. I like people who don't fight with their partner! Right now I'm rooting for Dave & Rachel but I don't like their bickering.
Hi Mary,
I hate to say (because I feel like I should be doing more productive things), but I watch ALL of these shows + a zillion more.

The two shows that are actually better this year are The Voice & American Idol. Everyone of the singers left are fantastic. I know people who know about music do not like the big production numbers, but I love them. Do you watch SMASH? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show (undoubtedly it will be gone next year). Any show I love gets taken off the air.

Lynn
Old 05-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #53  

Hi everyone. my friend passed late this afternoon. i was releaved becuz she was suffering. it broke my heart to see her like that. she is in abetter place now. and yes i'm tired but was glad i could be there for her family. thxs for being there for me. rosey
Old 05-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I'm so sorry Rosey--- thoughts and prayers are with you and the family
Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #55  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Sorry Rosey for the loss of your friend. I'm glad you were able to be there with her. You are an awesome friend. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi all!

Well, it is almost 10 pm and my day is just finishing. I was home briefly for supper and then off to a meeting. I am organizing a family reunion and I met with some of my cousins tonight to get a plan. They were amazed at seeing me because some of them haven't seen me for a year. That part was fun.

Rosey, I am so sorry for your loss. As always, you are there to comfort people. I know that your presence meant so much to her.

Caddyk, the girls look wonderful.

Lynn, the dance sounds wonderful. I hope the weather clears.

Freda, my trip is next week. I will be out fishing the Big Horn River with Kenny and Sean on saturday. The Big Horn is a very famous trout stream. It is supposed to be a little cold but I hope that the weather holds. We will be floating in a drift boat.

Donna, I leave for Nationals in Vegas on Wednesday. I am excited and I have been getting in at least an hour of practice every day.

Mary, I often feel out of touch because everyone is talking about the popular shows and I rarely watch network tv.

Isabella, I used to just dread when my mom got mad at my dad because it would be the horrendous cleaning day!

Debbie, I actually heard people at work talking about survivor and the guys were grousing about why the girls convinced the guys on the show to to without them. Women are smarter.

Carol, so glad that your bp is holding.

I know that I am missing lots of people, but i am tired. good night!

Rie
Old 05-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I've watched BL since the beginning. The past couple years, I only watch the end of the show to see the weigh-in and see who goes home. This year, I thought Jeremy was acting like a baby when he got so upset when he lost the weigh in. That's how the game goes. It's not always fair. I have seen many people sent home because someone didn't like them. Everyone has a bad week now and then. Many didn't like Conda, but she just lucked out and lost enough each week to avoid the yellow line. Actually, Jeremy did lose the highest percentage and therefore deserved to win. I hope he keeps going and keeps it off. That's the hardest part. I liked it at the end when Kim said "We both won!"
Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #58  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Carol Sue, I'm glad the epilating later was easier this time. I noticed it was easier the second time. My legs are going to get it this weekend. Probably tonight.

Mary, you always have the beautiful coast close for vacations. And Mt Olympia national park is so amazing. Debbie, glad the dr got it all. Just protect that skin while you're on your amazing beaches. KarenFL, glad you're BP is better. Nasty colds are such a pain. Donna, betcha the zombie feeling at work was more to your body healing your hand rather than being a crone. Isabella, funeral soup Bet you can now make it in your sleep. BTW, I plan to kick the bucket in your town. Clearly you and your friends put on quite a spread. Rie, at the idea of a computer virus causing a cold virus or vice verse. Kick a$$ at the Vegas tourney. If it was in Reno I'd come down to cheer you on in person.

Rosey, a big from me. I'm so sorry about your loss.

Freda, glad the bug is gone. Apparently stay away from computers when you have a virus or you'll have a new laptop like KarenFL. KarenMO, the fur babies go to the stylist but you don't. I’m finally caught up. I returned to work FT this week and life is just so much more hectic when I’m not telecommuting. Could be the half hour each way commuting time that goofs me up. But I’m caught up because Kai had a seizure at 4:00 this morning. And once again, Thank You, KarenFL on the advice to close her eyes and put gentle pressure on them. The seizure was mild in comparison to many. But since I was up so early and knew she’d pace and be restless for at least an hour, I decided to elliptical so now I don’t have to do so after work. So I ellipticalled and read 3FC. I typed all my personals on the iPad as I exercised. They typos were quite funny. Miss Kai paced and rested on a doggie bed or on the treadmill. Resting on the treadmill is her fave place while I use the elliptical. It really is cute. Tomorrow I’m going with 2 women over the mountain shopping. A girls day out, I was told. I’m looking forward to it. Both are the tattoo friends and my DD asked me if I’m getting another tattoo. I’m pretty sure not. Of course, who knows tomorrow. DD told me what type of tat she’d get if she ever decided on it. And she now has her eye surgery scheduled for June 17th (I think). Since I’ve missed so much work, DH is going to go to Reno and stay with her. He’s such a good guy. Of course, he plans to visit a few junk yards. His idea of fun. Definitely not mine. Have a great Friday everyone.Marie

Last edited by Marie; 05-04-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #59  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

VERY quick drive-by...

Rosey - I'm so sorry about your friend! You were a good friend to her, and I know she knew you loved her. My condolences on your loss.

Marie - you sound perky and back to normal! So glad Kai is doing okay.... wet kisses to Beloved from Sam. So scary, yes?

BTW, SS/Zoe said she's doing her VT gig and is enjoying her semi-retirement! Everyone is so busy!

Gotta roll.... have to get ready for work... have a good one, everyone! Later, lovelies!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #60  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey...I'm so sorry about your friend and yes, she's in a better place. You'll always have your memories you shared together.
Closed Thread