Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #361  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning girls. I'm up and dressed and have soup on the stove simmering away for dinner. It's my vegetarian version of chicken noodle soup. It's a chickpea/egg drop noodle soup. I think we'll have tomato sandwiches with the soup or maybe biscuits, hmmmmm.....

Rie, is that new product a dryer sheet? Sounds good enough to eat the sheets, lol.

Ladysheets, my mom was the same way. She was supposed to keep her feet elevated when she was sitting and I had an awful fight on my hands to get her to comply.

Deelee, I know what you're father meant, lol. I'm the same way. I just love the taste of food.

Zoe, so sorry little Micah has to go through such a troubling time. Poor little tyke. Glad you've got a buddy for more support.

Mary, I understand what you're saying about your DH. No need to confine him to a rocker, lol. My DH fell off a ladder some years ago when he was putting siding on my sister's house. Fortunately, he fell in the flower bed where the soil was really soft and raised. My sister was horrified that she was responsible for nearly killing him and I was really upset he'd been so stupid to go up on the ladder without someone holding it. The ladder slid on the wrap that goes underneath the siding and he was supposed to wait for help.

Marie, take care of that cold. We don't want you getting sick. Make sure you post a picture of that quilt when you have it finished. So sorry about your dad. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Bobbi, hope you're feeling much better today.

I wish I could get PB2 here at a reasonable price. I looked into it a while ago and it was almost twice the price by the time s&h was added on. I even looked for peanut flour which is basically the same thing but to no avail. But maybe some happy day I'll run across it on my travels.

I have to do some research on the fish oil/cholesterol mystery. That will be my little project for the week. LOL

I'm going to start posting my eats and exercise again as it keeps me more accountable. So here is yesterday's as I remember.

Quote:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with flax, bran and wheat germ, skim milk, brown sugar, apple

Dinner: Veggie steak, mashed potatoes, peas & carrots, tossed salad, avocado dressing, 1/4 cup apple juice

Supper: Corn flakes, skim milk, banana, brown sugar, 1 slice ww bread with peanut butter and pear slices.

Exercise: 12.50 kilometres on exercise bike
Old 03-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning GG's!

I'm happy to report I've lost a pound this week so far, and my goal is 2 pounds. Finally under 160 and at a normal BMI. I've been getting to bed earlier and I swear that helps with feeling hungry.

I ran across a very interesting article about fitness and having to eat fat to lose fat that I think most of you would be interested in reading here: It covers several weight-loss and health topics that opened up my eyes.

I'm a supplements-gal and instead of accepting the statin prescription when my LDL's were too high last week, I'm taking niacin, Fish Oil (omega-3's), and adding more fiber to my diet. Will get re-tested in a couple of months to see how the numbers change and report back!

I ordered some PB2 not long ago, and since I have Amazon Prime, there were no S&H fees - that's where they get you! (I subscribed to it because my kids order so many textbooks online.) Have not used PB2 much since I have some "natural" pb that I have to use up first. Can't bring myself to throw away anything that's "good".

Hello to all, and have a great day!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 03-21-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Isabella,

That soup sounds GREAT. Would you post the recipe?

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post

Wednesday - 3/21

Weight - 151 lbs.
Exercise - 130 min.
Food -
Breakfast - protein bar
Morning Snack - 1/2 Glucerna Hunger bar
Lunch - raisin bran & soy milk
Afternoon snack - 1/2 Glucerna Hunger bar; 1 Atkins coconut bar; 5 prunes
Dinner - Lean Cuisine stuffed cabbage
Evening snack - SF pudding

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-22-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #364  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Andi - The supplements you are taking are well known and often recommended by doctors and cardiologists. I feel differently about them. When I say I am not in favor of supplements, I mean some of the less common ones recommended by Dr Oz and some of this guests. So and So Root, Such and Such Bark, Whoozits Grass, etc. The best thing to do is make sure your doctor knows what supplements you are taking. For example, you have to be careful taking fish oil if you are on blood thinners, as it has a tendancy to also thin the blood, so your doctor should know about it.

I too found your article to be interesting. Some of it I had already heard and some is new to me. I like milk, but for some reason I don't drink enough....just don't think about it. They say it can really help you lose weight.

Mary and Isabella - I don't get the idea of having someone "hold the ladder". At times my DH has asked me to hold the ladder for him and there is no way I would be strong enough to do any good if that ladder decided to slide. My friend was 8 1/2 months pregnant and holding the ladder for her husband. I think it gives a false sense of security. I tell DH to stay off the ladder....just call someone to do the work. If he is going to fall off the ladder, I sure don't want to be there to see it and have that vision in my mind the rest of my life! He's almost 70 years old....give it up!

Let us know if you read anything that puts the the fish oil/cholesterol mystery to rest.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #365  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning,
I'm going to post this, come back and edit. I just lost everything the first time around.
Bluet
Isabella...DH put in a floating interlocking floor in our basement but not cork. Cork would be comfy to stand on, what room?
Lynn...me too, I mean a print out of the soup recipe. You're getting in some great exercises on the other thread.
Andi...congrats to you.
Quote:
I've lost a pound this week so far, and my goal is 2 pounds.
Rie...I slept on the same wind dried sheets last night and no headache this morning?
Quote:
Bobbi, so sorry about your headache. I think m'dear, that your days of hanging sheets on the line are gone. Feel better.
Mary...I was going to grab my bottle and check but I'm thinking it is the good type of oil we all should eat daily, like olive oil. As to the PB2, I love the stuff. I don't use it on a sandwich because I stay away from bread for my lunches. But I love it stirred in sugar free pudding. I might try some in my smoothie at noon.
Quote:
good cholesterol in fish oil PB2
Freda...I can't wait to play in the dirt also. I already started my basil and cilantro inside the house in a pot.
losingit...have you found out what sends you on a binge? Is it emotional eating or are you just addicted to chocolate? Congrats on the 9 days.
Quote:
mrsloseiti haven't binged in 9days but when i do it i do it bad
Brenda, puneri and Carol Sue...If I took everything Dr Oz recommended, I'd be in the poor house. Those supplements add up fast in cost. Whenever I go to a doctors appointment, I always have to bring a list of vitamins, minerals and supplement I take. It is important not to mix some of them with RX's. I'm on two, one for restless leg syndrome and one for high cholesterol. I went off the statins on my own because some of the reasons you mentioned. I checked my cholesterol myself after a few week (I have my own kit) and it was sky high. So...back on meds.
Quote:
Supplements are not regulated by the FDA. It's bad enough when medicines that ARE regulated end up causing problems, but with supplements, there are ingredients in them that might be good on their own, but if you mix them with ingredients in some other supplement they might end up being harmful. And there's no way for you to know. And they can interact with meds you are already taking. When it comes to supplements, I don't go much further than vitamins and minerals. I wonder if that's what happened to me? I am about to quit taking all my meds and start all over. For example. My cardiologist had me on statins, then he added something else for triglycerides and my cholesterol and triglycerides did improve some, but the good cholesterol is still too low and the bad cholesterol is still too high
Donna...Tiff's kitchen is finally finished and will post pictures next time I get over there.
Isabella...where's your pictures of the new kitchen and you're right about what a big job it is.
Mary...haven't seen pictures of Joe's bathroom remodeling either...give them up.
Marie...is this your first grandson? How far did you get on the new quilt you're making for him? The current 'Words with Friends' game we're playing is neck to neck and very exciting.
Dee...
I have a stubborn streak in me that helps get thru a binge. It's like I have a contest between my mind and my body. I'm too competitive to let the fat(body) win over my mind. Having the same breakfast daily helps because I don't have to think about food first thing in the morning. Same goes for lunch, I make up veggie soup for lunches. Lately I've been too busy to make the soup, I'm having slim fast instead. (I found an old can in the freezer) I grind up a couple trays of ice cubes and keep in the freezer. Also sliced up a bunch of bananas and froze in waxed paper/zip bags. For lunch yesterday I added some crushed ice, one frozen banana, strawberry Slim Fast and a few frozen blueberries for my smoothie. It was really delicious, filling and so thick.
Quote:
I’ve got to find a way to get through my bewitching hours. I guess I’ll take it one hour at a time. I kind of feel like the old commercial where the lady says, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.” Maybe I should try eating 80 calories of chocolate? But like any addict I want a thousand. Hmmm. What works for you? How to end bingingI have a stubborn streak in me that helps get thru a binge. It's like I have a contest between my mind and my body. I'm too competitive to let the fat(body) win over my mind.
I had more to say about some of your post but lost it first time around. Sorry, I have to get busy on my sewing project. I send for a pattern for a cute bear and rabbit with floppy ears. I'm using some of the left over blue jean material I had from the 3 quilts I made.
later gator.
Ah, speaking of gators, KarenFla...congrats on the championship bridge game. Do you ever put on those lavish lunches like you use to? I miss hearing you menu.
Hi KarenMo...up to your ears in boxes yet?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-21-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #366  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Yes, it's me again. I just had to post pictures of my new babies...many flowers on my dwarf lemon tree.

This is one of my DD's cats, Porchia and she only likes my DD. Anyone else she hisses at you. She's naughty. Who has a cat like her? Was it Andi? She's sitting at the top of Tiff's stairs looking down at me, ready to attack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1235 (640x480).jpg (26.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1236 (640x480).jpg (31.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1227 (640x480).jpg (29.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-21-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #367  

Good Morning GG's

It is still morning. Been busy cleaning all morning and loose tract of the time. Did some more laundry (throws) and hung them on the line. It's well on it's way to becoming another beautiful, sunny day. Are you ready for this? I turned the air on yesterday. It was over 80 in my house and you know how I love heat! NOT! Just had it on for a bit untill it cooled down a bit then used the fans. I was supposed to work today, but got a L/C, at least for 8 hours. I still might have to go in for the last 4. I have to go in for a min. any way. I had a TB test Monday and have to go have it read today.

Rie, what laundry product were you talking about? I got something called Un stoppables and didn't care for it. Too much scent. It's a product you put in the wash. I thought I would like it for my sheets and throws and had to re-wash all of them.

Bobbi, I started some tomatoes inside today. My son (also a Bruce) got us some tomatoes last year at a farmers market and they were huge and so good. I saved some seeds and hope they take. Any instructions out there? I've never done this before. I'm glad you didn't have a headache today. I know how you love to hang your sheets outside.

Carol Sue, I think the craze for some vitamins and minerals come and go, like a fad. I just take a few that I believe in, and who knows, we might find out theat they are useless too. The flat belly diet (remember that one?) said that you have to have some oil in your diet, and of course good oil, like the olive oil that you mentioned. Along with olives and some other things I can't remember. I know your body had to have fat. When we do TPN we also do a seperate bag of fat.

Andi, congrats on the loss. I've read that being overly tired and not getting enough sleep makes you gain weight. I can't sleep well, so it doesn't help me much. Wish I could.

Zoe, So sorry about DGS. When they hurt, we hurt. I hope he gets past it soon.

Marie, Oh Geeze, not a cold! I hope it doesn't last long. The quilt was beautiful and i'm sure that your DGS will cherish it. My mom made all the kids, grands quilts.

Isabella, I love soup and make it quite often. I agree, we need the recipe. I'm not a vegiterian but I do eat meatless meals several times a week.

Can't remember who mentioned it, but our PA is a Vegan. Brought a book by some famous author that said we really don't need milk once we are weaned. We are the only mamals on the planet that drinks milk after that. He says that all the hype about milk is from the dairy industry lobbists.

I have to say also, that I don't really trust doctors to prescribe suppliments. Most of them know very little about them. They are about like us usually. You will get one occasionally that have studied suppliments but they rely on the neutritionist to do diets. There are studies out about some things, but look at all the studies that have come and gone.

Sending some sunshine to all of you,

Freda
Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #368  

OK, Bobbi, we were posting at the same time. I don't see any pictures.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #369  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Zoe, I’m so sorry Micah has had such a hard time. I always thought is was miserable when my kids were sick as children. I now think it’s worse with the grandkids because the grandchild and the child are miserable.

Brenda, I hope that your friend listens to reason and I know she’ll enjoy visiting with you. And I hope the spinal fusion worked as designed and you are healing properly.

Rie at sugar cookie sheets. I’d be dreaming of cookies all night and would wake up with sugar cravings. I totally agree that the sudden deaths are probably better for the person who died but not for the people left behind. BTW, after chatting with my parents, they think there’s no reason to worry. My mom looked the diagnosis up on the internet. I was thinking I should send the real info on it to them then decided ignorance was bliss. My father has lost 30 pounds in 3 months and hasn’t dieted. Hmmm, even without the terminal diagnosis they received last week, it wouldn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out it is not a slow progressing disease. But I will let them be ignorant since they sounded happy.

Isabella, I’m glad your DH wasn’t hurt on the ladder accident. It’s amazing to me how my DH thinks nothing of climbing on the roofs and the such without someone holding the ladder. I tend to get mad at him when he does it but it doesn’t help. I figure someday I’ll get home from work and see a DH splat.

Andi, I love love LOVE amazon prime. I order nearly everything from them. We have horrible shopping here and its so much easier to have amazon send me stuff. I’ve become friends with the UPS man. Of course he used to be my work’s UPS delivery guy, so he already knew me.

Carol Sue about the So and So Root, Such and Such Bark, Whoozits Grass. You stated my thoughts eloquently. I don’t take anything except iron, calcium and D3. The doctor prescribed ones. I think holding the ladder adds stability to it and keep it from sliding (stopping the momentum before it starts). I won’t climb one without a holder. It is rickety by itself. It is sturdy when it is stable.

Bobbi, I have a 6 year old grandson, a 1 year old granddaughter and another grandson due in April. And that will be the end of my grandchildren. Our Words game is fun. I like playing with you.

I still have the cold, I’ve been doing too much and I can tell. But now it is breakfast time with DH. Chat with you later.
Marie
Old 03-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Marie - I am laughing at the "DH splat". LOL DH used to go up on the roof when I was at work so I wouldn't know, but then I found out and told him I didn't want to come home and find him lying in the driveway. He can't win! I won't go up a ladder more than 2 steps, and only 1 step on my step stool. One time DH took me up on the roof, got me steady, climbed down and took a picture then came back up and got me down again. I was in my 30's then. Would never do that now. I will have to see if I can find that picture.

If I'm holding someone's ladder and it starts to slide, I'm jumping out of the way! LOL It's about survival! LOL

Freda - Doctor's don't even know enough about prescriptions to be prescribing them! The pharmacists can give you much more info about them. My doctor's partner also has a health food store run by his wife. It is in the same building as their practice. I have never been in there but I would like to stop and look around some time. I heard that they give a discount if you are a patient at the practice.

About the milk....I too have heard that we don't need milk, but I have also heard that it promotes weight loss.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Yes, it's me again. I just had to post pictures of my new babies...many flowers on my dwarf lemon tree.

This is one of my DD's cats, Porchia and she only likes my DD. Anyone else she hisses at you. She's naughty. Who has a cat like her? Was it Andi? She's sitting at the top of Tiff's stairs looking down at me, ready to attack.
Hi Bobbi,

She looks like my dear-departed Princess Di. They also shared personality. Princess Di hissed at everyone except me, my DD, my DH, and my sister. If little kids came into my house, she would hiss and spit at them & then come over and bite me - my punishment for letting the little creatures into her house!

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-21-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi - This is my second nonstop busy day and I've got another one tomorrow. Just want to thank everyone for their suggestions and support about night time eating. I did well last night. Didn't have time to get to store for my veggies but allowed myself a handful of tortilla chips. they are not one of my favorite kind - just deep them for DS. And the rest of my eating during day was good.
I'm leaning for bridge with DH in 10 minutes and I'm not on the computer that I've figured out hoe to cut and paste so I'm doing personals from memory.
Marie - sorry about your cold. Not fun on top of recovering from surgery. I lol about DH splat. My husband thinks he is not mortal - kind of like a 3 year old but with a drivers license. Sigh...
Zoe - sorry about DGS. One DS had a couple of night terrors. Can't wake them up.
Oops - not done but have to leave!!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #373  

Hi everyone. a late post for me. our gizmo got so sick we took him to the vet, they kept him all day and now we need to watch him close. he aspirated vomit and his lungs where wheezing. they think he had a blockage but passed it. scared us to death and i spent the night with him on my chest. hes home now and doing better but not very chipper yet. also chasing after toots and feeding her every few hrs has kept me up at night, she sure is a fiesty little thing and lets her wants be known how something thatt little can howl so loud is beyond me Marie sry you have got a cold that cant help your healing, im excited to see your quilt. Bobbie love the plants makes me think hurry up spring as i look at all the snow.Zoe im sry your grs has those night terrors,ive never heard of that how scary.I think Dr Oz has some interesting shows and topics no one else is talking about,however i take the pills my surg perscribed for me.congrats to all who have had success in resisting our cravings, exercising and have lost, yahooo for us. i have to say im really tired tonight so its off to bed for me. pleasent dreams rosey

Breakfast
1/2 c cottage cheese with sf manderin oranges
coffee

lunch
turkey lunch meat rollups 2
1/2 cup grapes

snack
tropical fruit smoothie yummy and diff from my normal

dinner
small venison steak
1/2 sweet potatoe with sf maple syrup
brocallii
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #374  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Gals. I'm not as chipper this morning. I'm still in my nightgown and it's getting close to dinner (lunch). I was so tired last night I didn't have the energy to post and went to bed. I slept for a while and then got up and went on the couch for a few hours. I was too hot to sleep with DH next to me so I cooled off and then went back to bed about 6 am just as he was getting up. Oh, yes, he's hot stuff, lol. My dream bedroom would be 2 double beds so I could sprawl out and DH's dream bedroom is the one we have where he can cuddle and keep warm. I'm never cold in bed, just the opposite. Anyway, I slept until just after 8:30 having weird strange, dreams of baking with one of my DILs.

Andi
, that was an interesting article. You're doing wonderful with the weight loss.

Lynn, Bobbi, Freda and anyone else interested in the soup, here is an approximate of what I do.

Quote:
Chickpea Noodle Soup
(Egg Drop Optional)

Celery, about 1 or 2 stalks
Onions, about 1 medium
Oil, about 1 teaspoon

Chop or dice celery and onions and saute in a very little oil until starting to go limp. Add as much water (or chicken broth if you're not vegetarian) you think will be enough for how many servings you would like. I used about 6 cups.

Add:
1 vegetarian "chicken" bouillon cube (omit if using chicken broth)
Carrots, about 1 cup diced

Boil about 10 minutes

Add:
Potato (Optional), about 1 cup diced
Noodles/Pasta, about 1 cup or whatever you think will be a good amount. I used whole wheat rotini as that's what I had on hand.
Chickpeas, 1 cup cooked/canned

Cook an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes and noodles are cooked.

Taste for seasoning and add more bouillon, salt if needed and pepper.

Just before serving add about 1/2 cup frozen peas.

For Egg Drop Option
: When potatoes are cooked beat 2 eggs, season with salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the boiling soup, stirring gently

You may, of course, use any vegetables you like.
Carol Sue, LOL, about holding the ladder. I know I'd never be able to hold up a ladder if it fell even if no one was on it, let alone with DH hanging on for dear life. I think you're right about a false sense of security. DH just purchased something to put on the top of the ladder that keeps it more secure against the house, but he still wants me to hold it for him. Remember the old song:

James, James hold the ladder steady
James, James I'm packed tonight I'm ready
James, James hold the ladder steady
I'm a'comin' down to your ar-ar-ar-rms
I'm a'comin' down to your arms.

Bobbi, it that the lemon tree you thought you'd killed with pruning it the wrong time of the year. It looks very promising now. The cork floor is in the kitchen and it is very comfortable on the feet. I'll be posting the kitchen pictures as soon as we get the molding put on.

Freda, I can't believe I'm looking at cold, cold rain falling and you're basking in sun and heat. Yes, please send the sunshine and the heat.

Marie, you are a good daughter. Yes, I know about worrying about a "DH splat." How's your cold progressing?

Deelee, good job on the night eating. I have the same problem.

Rosey, so sorry your little Gizmo is sick. I hope you have a better day today.

Here is what I ate and exercised yesterday:

Quote:
Breakfast: Skim milk, 1 slice ww toast with chocolate almond spread and sliced pears, 1 clementine

Dinner: Chickpea Noodle Soup, 1 large blueberry biscuit with a little jam

Supper: Chickpea/Eggdrop Noodle Soup, 1 slice ww bread with margarine & honey, ww crackers

Exercise: 12 km on bike
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all,

Wyoming is here.... I have 14 people from wyoming here today and tomorrow for a site visit at my facility and programs. The licensing agent showed up too.

Freda, the products are Scentsy - wax, air fresheners, etc. I will post info later.

No time to write. Have a great day.
Closed Thread