Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Deelee - I think "No thank you, I don't care for any" should be enough when someone offers you something. My MIL once told me that if you offer someone something and they say they don't want it, put it out anyway and they will eat it. One holiday she asked me if I wanted pie. I said "No." She put it in front of me anyway, and I just continued my after dinner conversation with the other guests and left the pie sit. She said, "You didn't eat your pie" and I replied "I told you I didn't want any". I tried to say it nicely although I guess it was a little rude, but I think it's also rude to try to force someone to eat something they don't want. She never tried to force me to eat anything again. If you give in and eat the item, they will continue to give it to you after you say "No."

Marie - I understand what you mean about the corded epilator. I like to sit on the edge of the bathtub and let the little hairs fall into the tub. Then I wash them down the drain. I guess that's what keeps clogging up the drain! LOL I could go into my exercise room and watch tv while I "shave" then just run the sweeper afterwards. I was thinking of getting the one that is battery and also electric. It's hard to find. Target.com has it online but it's out of stock. It also says, "Not available in stores". I have time to look around a bit, and I still might end up getting the red one. I appreciate the info you gave me. I looked for my Silk Epil and I think it might have been accidentally thrown out. It was in a bigger box with my Epilady, which I will NEVER use again. When I found the box, the box from the Silk Epil was in it, along with the instruction booklet, the head cover, the carrying case, but the box was open and the unit was not in it. I think in shifting it around to different places it fell out and got tossed. There is another place I can look, but I don't care that much, because as I recall, it was painful to use.

Ladysheets - Sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds as though she led a long and satisfying life and did not suffer. None of us can ask for more. May she rest in peace.

I hope everyone doesn't go to Facebook. I am not on there, and I would really miss the interaction here. It is similar to another board I was on called "Off Topic". We talked about anything and everything, but that was the one where people were fighting and calling names. GG is soooo much better! {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #452  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Mary, you made me cry a little this morning. What a sweet thing your daughter did for you.

Carol Sue, everyone won't go to facebook, lol.

Rosey, you made me laugh about keeping the dogs out of the front seat. When I was babysitting DGS he always jumped into the front seat and pretended to drive the car. We had been at a playground and when we got in the car to drive home I got a blinking light that I didn't recognize. I pulled off the road and started the car again but neither I nor his other grandmother could figure out what was wrong. So I drove a little farther when it hit me like a pile of bricks. The little guy had put on the hand brake and I was driving with it still on. Good thing we only went a very little way like that. I always checked the hand brake after that.

Gayle and Lynn, I had contemplated putting down "snack" but thought that it was a pretty poor snack so I owned up and put it down for what it was: bad stuff. lol.

Deelee, and anyone else renovating, it is the longest process to get finished. And nothing looks like it does in a catalog or online. Funny, how everything gets done in a week on the diy shows on TV.

DH is gone for the morning and not sure if he'll get home in time for his regular dinner (lunch) time. But that being said I'd better get a few spuds on to cook or if he does get home he'll be eating very hard mashed potatoes.

Catch you later.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #453  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's

The weather has changed again. While we are still getting the sun, we're getting the cold weather again. I think it was in the 40's yesterday and today is supposed to be close to that too. Big difference from the almost 90 we were getting just a week ago. But this is what we're supposed to be getting so we can't complaine. I was really getting concerned that we would get a summer with temps that I couldn't tollerate. Took my Benny dog to the vet yesterday for checkup. Good news, his heart is good. Bad news, the vet said he could see very little. I kind of knew that. His hearing very bad too. But he's still as sweet and loving as ever. Got a little more cleaning done too. Nothing big, becuse I had worked the weekend and I'm always tired the day after. I cleaned some drawers and some kitchen cabinets.

Brenda, sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like she had a great life.

Marie, Sorry to hear about your beloved Sasha. I hope the drops work for her. Can you order then online? I order the medication that Benny uses online and it's much cheaper. So hard when something goes wrong with our babies.

Rosie, I like to snack in the evenings and have found the Kellogs cracker chips very helpful. It looks like you're getting a lot and they are very tasty.

Mary, Glad you found out about the stress test. They give the medication when you can't tollerate the treadmill. Hope the other symptoms are getting better.

Gayle, my DH got the bikes down this weekend, while I was working, and got them summer ready. DGD needs a new bike, she has outgrown her old one, so we have to start looking for one. The kids are growing so fast they outgrown things too fast. Hopefully, this bike will last her awhile.

Dee, If someone asks me if I want something I just say "no thanks". It's rude to push food on people. If they keep pushing I just say "It looks wonderful, but I'm stuffed". Hope your sholder is feeling better.

Andi, I would have loved going with your kids on vacation! The appalacian trail is wonderful. Never skied, probably couldn't, but it sounds like so much fun.

Bobbi, You're much more diciplined than me. I don't weight food or measure unless I start to gain again and then just to see if you "sight" measurements are getting a little large. I can usually tell. I know i'm eating wrong or too much, but at the time I don't seem to care. I like the way this thread is. Isn't there all ready a thread for listing the food and exercise. I find this thread healpful for encouragement, which is just as important.

Isabella, I am so glad I don't like icing! I scrape the icing off the cake. But the buttercream looks so pretty. Your cheats were good cheats. We all need those. They were planned and measured. Good for you!

Webwoman, My DH mowed our lawn this weekend too. It looks so nice. Will weed killer kill the wild onions.

Yes, Karenfl, you and Bobbi did start something with the Meyers lemon trees. Can't wait to get mine.

Z, How is the DGS? I hope he is doing better.

Donna, When is GM's Dr. appointment?

Rie, How did all the meetings go?

Freda

Bren
Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #454  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...sunny here but high winds. Anyone check out the Decorah eagles lately. Yesterday we got our 1st pip. (baby trying to peck thru shell). I haven't checked it yet this morning, too much to do. I'm glad you all want to keep the thread as is. Like Isabella, I don't do facebook. Not that it's not interesting but I already spend too much time at my computer. Once in awhile I read the posts but not often. I like to spy on my two grandsons on facebook.
Last evening I had to turn off and unplug my cp from the wall because of approaching storms and lightening. We only have a desktop cp, no fancy phones, readers, ipods, etc. I can't justify the expense of it while living on social security. We paid off the house and dh's new jeep when we retired and that cleaned out our savings. Living on S.S. sucks, It's so hard to control our spending. I want, I want, I want. I'll do personals tomorrow, I'm already behind. I want to get an angel food cake in the oven before it gets to hot out and heats up the kitchen.
You all have a great day.
P.S. Karenfla...the flowers are starting to fall off the lemon tree and it looks like the center is growing itty, bitty yellow balls...must be the lemons? I'll take a picture and you can tell me if that's the actual lemon. The other plant is a flowering aloe plant.
I now understand why Donna and some of you hate the swirling, waiting, and frustration of getting on 3 fat chicks. I usually go thru Firefox with no problems, I just now tried to get back here thru I.E. I couldn't get on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1244 (640x480).jpg (24.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1243 (480x640).jpg (43.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-27-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #455  
Bobbi

Freda...you getting a lemon tree also? Too funny, we can have a lemon pie/dessert contest after our first harvest and see who comes up with the best and lowest calorie dessert.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi - DS just stopped by - I got a boost of energy. He helped me get on Facebook. And he helped me post a pic of me and DH on our anniversary. I'm not sure if it's going to work.

Isabella - It is amazing how they get it done so fast on t.v. We did a lot of remodeling 13 years ago. Like childbirth, you forget how painful it can be!

Well, DS didn't have time to really explain Facebook to me. I'll have to try to figure it out.

Last edited by deelee10; 03-27-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all....yup thems be baby lemons. Thems is the wee things that won't get sucked down the pool drain!

Today I wish you all a day of ordinary miracles...

A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself...

Unexpected phone call from an old friend...

A good sing-along song on the radio...

your keys found right where you left them.

k3
Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #458  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

So making the small quilt started the quilting bug. And DH found a quilter catalog on the counter at the post office when he picked up our mail. He brought it home and I told him he had to know I’d order something for it. So click here to see the quilt I'm going to make.

Mary, I know you can use the Enjoi on your face – I just don’t. Keep in mind some people think it hurts. My daughter and DIL both can’t epilate. Me – it doesn’t bother. And I think you need a 2nd opinion on the head dizziness. That they think that is “normal” is just quacky. Your DD sounds wonderful. I bet she’d want you to go to a new doctor too.

Isabella, I love the recipe and have it typed out for my recipe book. It is very similar to the one I lost except this one uses real egg whites instead of powdered egg whites. Very cool! Thanks. The video was interesting except I wanted to muzzle Steph the producer.

Deelee, I always have my DH take out mine, his and the dogs’ stitches. He’s good at it – better than any doctor I’ve had do it. I think reusing the granite in the other bathroom was a smart idea. Your DH should give you props for that. And yes, the planes and stars are appliques.

Gayle, I think Sasha’s eye looks better today with the new meds. Of course, I could just be imagining it since I don’t want her to hurt. And I’m doing well. Still some bleeding so I will talk to the dr tomorrow.

Rosey, good luck on getting those pups not to jump around the front seat of the car if you take them out an about with you. As soon as we leave the vehicle, the pups are in the front seat, usually the driver seat.

Carol Sue, my epilady back in the late 80’s I think, was used for about 1” square inch and it was torture. That and it left a bunch of tiny twisted veins. So I will always remember it since the varicose veins it caused never went away. Of course now that I’m older, I have others, but I know the ones caused by that torture machine.

Freda, big to you and Benny. Our furbabies mean the world to us. I’m hoping to find her drops cheaper than my human pharmacy but it was cute that the literature had her name on it. So cute. DH felt like a nut going to our pharmacy to buy meds for the pup.

So Bobbi, how old is your lemon tree?

KarenFL, hope your day is also filled with ordinary miracles. My neighbor just came by to chat. So that was mine for the day. It was really nice. Is it wrong of my to hope their house doesn’t sell????
Marie
Old 03-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #459  
Bobbi

$36.99 Marie? Is that for everything? What a beautiful quilt, it'd be fun to make. I just purchased my lemon tree last year, it's just a baby yet. It doubled in height since then and had two other branches growing off the main stem. I just butchered it last week and left one shoot so it would thicken up.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #460  

Height: 5'3"

Hello Golden Girls! It's a cloudy slightly rainy day here. Dh is working in the yard. I know he is anxious for better weather so he can do more. He feels much better when he is out in the sunshine and active. We went to the gym this morning and I biked 30 min on 7 and walked 30 min on 3.3. So I upped the speed on the treadmill just a tiny bit and spent more time on both, but didn't get to the other weight machines. DH had his Tai Chi class so I had to quit when it was over. I had the usual very mild chest discomfort and was tired afterwards...and felt slightly dizzy, same as I've been recently Otherwise I feel better even though I can still tell something is not right. It will be good to have the test to hopefully rule out heart issues. The clinic called me again this morning and went over the instructions again. He said I will have the dye and a scan of my heart to check for any problems/damage and that the treadmill part is actually only about five minutes. I was thinking I'd take my Kindle and read while I walk...LOL...but he said there will be plenty of time to read in between.

Marie - Yeah, that's the only thing I'm concerned about. I have always had a high pain threshold but it is lowering as I age. And I don't deal well with little annoying discomforts like having my brows waxed or plucked. And I do have kind of sensitive skin I think, so I'm not sure whether it's for me.

Isabella/Deelee - The thing about remodeling is that it never seems to quite go as planned...something always comes up that you weren't expecting! That's great that your dh was able to cut the tile himself, Deelee! My dh can usually do anything so he thought he could cut the floor tile himself (around the toilet hole) and he was doing fine until he slipped and it cracked. After that happened twice, he took those 4 pieces and had a floor guy cut them. After that he had no problem with putting the floor in.

We have hired a handyman to replace the wood on our house near the roof where there is dry rot. I thought I had succeeded at keeping dh off the ladders. Well today he tells me he will still get up there and nail some wood on another part after the gutter people remove the gutter. The handyman apparently can't remove the long piece of gutter and dh doesn't want to pay for the gutter people to replace the wood. Oh well, I'll let him do it, I guess it makes him feel better.

Bobbi - Just to get my 2 cents in..I'm satisfied with how things are..both here and FB. I LOVE FB esp but I understand not everyone does and also here we get new people joining. I'm also satisfied with our topics of conversations...some on dieting and some other stuff. Keeps things interesting.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #461  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Hi Girls,
Thank you for all the kind words said about my friend. IM doing better. just takes time to get over the shock.
Everyone sounds so busy. i love to chat about all the things we do here i enjoy facebook too but dont know any of you there.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #462  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Bobbi, it’s 36.99 a month for 5 months. So it’s about $200 for all the quilting material and the pattern. Very cool you’re getting lemons on a baby tree.

Mary, I think you should be careful working out until you have answers to your health concerns. And it doesn’t sound like an epilator would be a good choice for you.

Brenda, I'm glad you're doing ok. It does take time to let the hurt subside.
Marie
Old 03-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #463  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, All…

Stopped on my way home from work and had the car’s starter replaced. I figured that I might as well continue to bolster the economy by buying two pairs of summer shoes. I’m set! The car will start, and I’ll be fashionable. I used to wear clogs and flip flops all summer, but I’m very afraid to do that now. If I slip or twist funny, that hip is fragile! Old age… such fun!

KarenFL – oh, I’d love it if you’d do your Secret Mrs. Santa and send us all Myer’s Lemon Trees! How way cool would THAT be??? I think Bobbi’s is so pretty! I’ll be interested to hear what you think of Handle with Care. I think I hate the ending. Enough said… the rest of the book is really good.

Mary – good thoughts about your stress test! When did you say it’s scheduled? DID you say? Reading further, I see that your test is Thursday. GOOD THOUGHTS! Your daughter’s message was SO sweet… I think you’re probably a good mama!

Had a phone call from CK earlier. She was worried about me and all the fires here. I don’t think they’re a worry to the metro area, but the smoke is thick here. At least 2 people have died, and the burn area keeps growing. The one closest to me (there are fires all along the front range) involves lots of very (VERY) nice houses. I can’t, for the life of me, appreciate the joys of mountain living! Every year we go through this! Tornadoes, floods, fire… we all have something, don’t we? Her internet should be hooked up by 8 p.m. tomorrow night. SHE IS EXCITED!!

Gayle – always good to hear from you. SamCat waved hi to you. He’s doing fine in this, his 83rd life. So far, so good… Thank you for asking.

Rosey – I’m so glad Gizmo is doing well. Is this blockage a one-time thing or is it something you can expect to happen again? Was Toots glad when “her boy” came home? Does he realize he’s HER boy???? Happy Birthday to Mr. CrankyPants aka KeeperSteve! (we like him!)

Brenda – my condolences on the loss of your friend. She was lucky to have a friend like you, and I’m sure her life was richer because of it.

Bobbi – if we stick to only diet talk on 3FC, I’d check in monthly, if that, to say “lost weight… ate a meal… gained weight… started over”! I like hearing about what’s going on with everyone.

Marie – how’s it going, girlie? I’m so sorry to hear about Sasha (Sasha Joy… how cool is THAT?). What are you and Dave going to do? Is this in both eyes or just one? SamCat is so very sad, too, that she’s feeling poorly. Pats from all of us.

Freda – hello! Always good to hear from you! GM’s appointment with the new PCP is tomorrow afternoon. I have high hopes! Thank you for asking!

That's it for now... SamCat is weak, pale, and hungry... and so am I! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 03-27-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Mary, I too felt dizzy a couple of days back..I think it was blood sugar too low or low blood pressure. Sometimes, I go out to walk and then I feel good.
I did not go to gym for 2 days and today I am alright.
My todays weight was 158.6.
Marie, I am also making a little quilt.I am planning a trip to my home country in April, before that I want to make table mats. Went to Jo Ann with some design in mind, but did not get matching fabric.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. I managed to stay on my plan last night. I’m taking it one day at a time. On Ideal Protein the first few days are sometimes the hardest. Have to get my brain wrapped around things other than food. I like the site the way it is. I was getting worried that I was missing out by nt being on Face Book so when DS stopped by today he got me on. Of course I haven’t really navigated around there. It will take some time.

Mary - I’m glad you’re having your stress test Thursday. I am not a medical professional but the discomfort in your chest and dizzyness worries me. Good luck with the test. DH only had to cut two straight lines though the granite was about ¾ in thick. If any fancy cutting was required there would have been problems.

Bobbi - I’m interested in getting a lemon tree for indoors. What kind of sun exposure do they need> How big do they get?

Well hello to everyone else. I’m tired tonight. Think I’ll get in bed early.
Closed Thread