Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #271  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

KarenMO, since I’m two hours behind you, I will guess that the closings are done and you’re finishing the moving. Yes, next week, life will be easier for you.

Bobbi, I might be good but you’re better – you keep winning.

KarenFL, I’m about 2 hours into A Good Dog. I still don’t like Adam. So far he’s still an arrogant XY chromosome and I’d have like the judge throwing him into the slammer. I do like that doggie though. Wowza on your DB getting mom’s birth year wrong. Hello? Check and Double Check…

Brenda, go to shrinkpictures dot com and save it to be the max size of 500 kb.

Lynn, I love the Walmart cake. Especially the conversation “This be Walmart.”

Rosey, the daughter that is coming is the one from OR. Right? And they’re moving up to AK permanently and driving there starting Saturday? She’s in my thoughts. Hard time to be driving/moving. I love the sweater and tank. Congrats on the NSV. Your DH is 100% right.

Deelee, I saw that the Oreo was 100 years old on the package. Such yumminess. I don’t think there is a Skype app for iPad. Apple has a built-in iChat so they would never let a competitor have an app on their website.

Ciecie, maybe during the first years, the Girl Scouts sold Oreos.

As far as my life as a couch potato goes – I worked all darn day. I think I put in 9 hours. I don’t plan to do that again. Way too long and it took away my nap. As I’m not tired, that should be ok, but still, I’m on leave. I had one of those cute little Oreos today. Yummy. I think tomorrow I’ll make chocolate chip cookies. Or maybe not. Who knows what craving will take me over tomorrow.
Marie
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Donna...Thank you....Had too many years as pysch nurse not to be concerned. k3
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #273  

they could have sold oreos during the first five years. my favorite girl scout cookies when i was growing up were savannahs-the peanut butter cookie, chocolate and vanilla cremes-especially chocolate and thin minst.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #274  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Ciecie, I'm thinking discussing GS Cookies might be bad. I always loved Thin Mints. Just in recent years had I tried Samoas and learned of their goodness. Sadly (but probably it is a good thing) I can no longer have any GS cookies because I had a soy reaction to Samoas and the package said "Made in a plant with peanuts and soy" or something like that. Since I'm deathly allergic and did have a reaction, I can't have their product again unless they take care against cross contamination. But I sure did enjoy those Samaos for a couple years.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #275  

Hi everyone. i had a great day. im still tickeled over being able to wear new clothes. thanks for the kudo's. a state trooper came to our door this aftnoon looking for our neighbor.scared me there for a second wondering why he was in our yard. he was a nice guy tho and we sent him to the right house. Im concerened about Nancy,that facebook post was scarry. hope shes ok and getting help. have agreat evening everyone rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt with 1/4 c of kashi crunch cereal ( and yup i measure and count portions)

lunch
cuke and tomatoe salad

snack
coffee mocha
celery sticks with cream cheese
1 sf dove chocolate

dinner
1 c split pea and ham soup

snack
iced tea
1 pkg of just the cheese
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #276  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Thanks Marie Hope i can do this right

a picture of my fur baby Sylvee and my flowers and garden last summer

wow i think i did it !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpGqz5cNPM.jpg (32.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg phpPEq1KYPM.jpg (50.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #277  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Ladysheets (Brenda???) - your kitty is beautiful and is fully a member of our Gaggle of Gorgeous Furbabies Family! Your yard is lovely, too!

KarenFL - compassion is always a good thing! It becomes you! Keep us posted, if you can...
Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #278  

i won't discuss girl scout cookies here anymore.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

With St Patrick's Day coming up, I'm thinking about my late MIL. She passed away 7 years ago. Right before Valentine's day we received a card from her...I recognized her handwriting on the envelope. I was confused, because she didn't usually send us a valentine card. I opened it up and it was a St Patrick's day card. We told her son who lived with her that she was a little early with the card and we all had a little chuckle over it. They are not Irish, they are Slovak, but she got the cards from the church, because of St Patrick. She didn't realize when St Patrick's Day actually was, so she sent the cards out right after she got them. Do you know, she passed away on March 14, and her funeral was on St Patrick's Day! How weird was that? It's like she knew she wasn't going to be here so she wanted to make sure the cards went out. So now I always think of her around St Patricks Day, and we talk about the story of the card.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-16-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #280  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, just a quick comment before I get going on my day. I picked up "One Good Dog" a couple days ago since you've all been talking about it. Had a hard time with the beginning of the book. The dog fighting really bothers me and I hate, hate, hate thinking of the cruelty of pit bulls or any breed of dog trying to kill each other. Thankfully I'm pass that and Adam is just visiting the hospitals looking for Jupiter. I really wanted to just sit and read this morning but much awaits me on cp, laundry and thinking up something for supper.
Marie...I'd like to slap his kid and Sterling the ex, this author has a way of putting me right into the story. I love when I run across an author that keeps me reading.
Quote:
KarenFL, I’m about 2 hours into A Good Dog. I still don’t like Adam. So far he’s still an arrogant XY chromosome and I’d have like the judge throwing him into the slammer. I do like that doggie though
Old 03-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #281  
Bobbi

Just caught up on all the posts:
Ciecie, I noticed the dog picture in your avatar, is that your dog with the sad eyes?
Isabella, pretty cake. I took a cake decorating class many years ago and used to make all my DD's birthday cakes. What fun! Hope your sore back is better.
Nancy...where is she? Someone mentioned Facebook, I really need to get my butt over there and read the posts.
Brenda...very beautiful tuxedo cat. I love cats but I'm allergic to them. My dd has two cats and one is nasty to everyone except dd, the other won't leave me alone and I hate that I can't pick her up. BTW, nice garden...is that cabbage I see?
KarenMo...I can't remember if you have a pool in the new house? anyway, so glad you've found a forever home.
Lynn...Tue and Wed I got in over 10,000 steps just from working outside. Yesterday I was working on cp, just barely got in 4,000 miles. My butt was numb by the end of the day.
Donna...karma about MIL, yup! She was and is a vicious, nasty person who doesn't know how to tell the truth. Last nights paper had an article in Abby that sounded just like her. Always has to lie to make her life sound exciting and grand. As to your aka worthless brother, sorry about that. Who are you talking about, your grandmother or mom?
Mary...where's the picture of the finished bathroom?
Rosey...how'd the funeral go?
Dee...I do take an antihistamine when needed, my headache came and went all day long. I think some of it was stress from trying to put my cp together.
Hi Freda and KarenFla. My little lemons are really growing, even after I butchers the plant. I can't take pictures until I get my camera set up and back in the computer.
Hi to all I missed, I'm burning sunlight.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #282  
Bobbi

Lynn...forgot to ask you something, do you have the spider solitaire game that keeps track of your wins/losses by percentage? I had a spider game on my crashed computer that was easy on the eyes to see and kept track of how many games I've played,(over 2,000) and my percentage rate of wins. I can't remember who's site I downloaded the game from. Do you have this version? If so...what's the site?
Marie...it's the luck of the tiles drawn. This game we're on now is neck to neck.
One last thing, I didn't have to put my password into my old computer when I turned it on in the morning. I think it's a pain in the butt, what does everyone do? Do you have to open cp with a password, is that the safest? Should I keep it that way?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-16-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Goldens -

Well, in my boredom I looked at my hair and decided I had to get my hair colored. Highlights and a base. Takes a long time. I weigh myself daily - I know, I know. Have good days and bad. Yesterday was good. Today bad. I thought I was very good yesterday. Maybe I ate too much chicken? Sigh. I just have to be better today. I know hormones and water weight, ect., etc., can effect it. So I’ll try to hold steady. My son is completing his fire fighting training and there is a little ceremony today. He was sworn in as a firefighter in January - and there was a ceremony then. You know what that means - CAKE - my favorite drug of choice. And, since one little piece doesn’t do it for me - I better abstain. But that cake will be imprinted on my brain, maybe haunt me. Oh well, today is my son’s great day - his dream come true. It’s not about me.

Marie - when my book club was skyping my friend was using a Mac Book. So maybe we weren’t skyping but “Chatting With Friends.” But they were calling it Skyping. I’ll have to check with my friends. Maybe it’s like tissue and Kleenex?

Bobbi - I have to put in my passs word every day. I guess because we had 4 people using most of the computers. What is even worse is that my son set up my net book to go off if I haven't typed something for a little while. He did this because we got that for traveling and that would protect all the top secret stuff I have on my computer. LOL! I keep meaning to ask him to change it.

I’m sorry girls - just cranky because of all this disruption with the workmen. And I get cranky when the scale hasn't gone down when **** it - it should! Or at least stay the same. I’m find with staying the same. But it went up 2 lbs. - that’s what’s really making me cranky. Sorry to be obsessing about this but I figure, this is the place to do it. Maybe I’ll go to heath club after ceremony - and NO CAKE!

Hope you all have a good day.

Last edited by deelee10; 03-16-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello friends!

Bobbi, the password prompt is a security thing. I have it on my laptop but not the desktop. I don’t remember where that option is….. good luck with getting the rest of your computer together. What a pain but I bet it will be fast and great when you get done.

Carol Sue, what a lovely story. It is so nice to remember our loved ones in that way.

Ciecie, I am pretty sure that Marie was half kidding! Don’t worry.

Donna, I may have shared this: I am an only child now because my brother had a falling out with the family. Sometimes it is easier to do it by myself. He never did anything but he always had lots of opinions on how things should be done! Grr. How does your yard look?

Brenda, what a glorious, regal kitty! Your yard is really lovely too!

Karenfl, good job. Psych nurses are some of my favorite people, including you. There is a special kind of humor that comes from working in that field. Anyway, good call.

Rosey, you look WONDERFUL!!!

Marie, it must have been the Oreo anniversary…. Usually, ds buys the dgs oreos because I don’t really care for them. This last week, He kept wanting to sit by me and eat oreos and I could SMELL them! He must have known that I wanted them because he kept trying to give me one – which is really cute because he only gets three cookies. He was even saying, “look gma – you can have one. Or “here gma, I took the white stuff off for you” (he knows that I don’t like the filling). Sweetie pie, but really? The 5 year old is pushing cookies? LOL I know that they aren’t many calories but they have too much sugar….. Again, may I envy you calorie counters your flexibility?

Lynn, such good news from the dr. I am so glad! I know that you have been concerned because you haven’t been feeling well.

Zoe, Must be a busy week, huh? You know, some people think that social work is an “easy” career….. You and I know better.

Isabella, I loved the birthday party. Being a gma is the best! I hope your back is better!

Karenmo, so nice that you are in the new house. It must be a relief. It will take a while to get everything in order so don’t work too hard now.

DeeLee, losing weight is a HUGE accomplishment!

Nancy, thinking of you….

Mary so glad to hear about things on the house. I hope that you are having a good day.

Sorry for missing folks. Off to work

Rie
Old 03-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen31- Are you in the new house already? That was fast. I guess when you make up your mind to do it, you just do it! Congratulations to you.

Maryea - I hope you don't have too much to do on the AZ house. It would be nice just to get it sold. Since it's going for such a low price, don't you think the buyers would be glad to fix up some of the things? DH's niece was supposed to be buying a forclosure house in the Phoenix area and I thought everything was all set, but when it came time to close they didn't have the $7,000 closing costs and couldn't get help from anyone. Her Dad had already sent them the down payment. Wouldn't it make sense to have that all worked out before you even started looking for a house????? Did they think that someone was just going to have an extra $7K sitting around waiting for them to ask? Kids make me so mad sometimes. Well maybe they learned their lesson and will have things in order next time.
Closed Thread