Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Karen, Thanks for the compliment on the 5th wheel. Our truck isn't a dually, didn't want to go that big and then not be able to get it in the garage when we need to. But it is a 2001 GMC 4 WD 3/4 ton Duramax Diesel. This RV weighs just about 6800 pounds and the other one was almost 10,000 so it will feel like nothing back there. We never had that happen with the stuff falling out of cabinets. But sure have to make sure that the little latches are latched. Even the drawers have catches on them so that you have to lift them up a bit to open them...so hopefully that doesn't happen.

Lynn, I know what you mean.. I am so prepared to give that tough love...it is my hubby that is the softie now! It used to be the other way around. He(the son) just called and said HER car broke down over in the next town. He has been staying with her almost nonstop (but they aren't a couple! Yeah right!!) since Tuesday. Supposedly she has AAA and they will tow the car to a shop but then they might need a ride back to the apt. I could hear my hubby saying "well, give us a call and let us know" I told him she isn't riding in my car! He got kind of a grin and said guess I'd better go and disconnect the 5th wheel from the truck! Grrrrr! I did tell him if they do need a ride we can use my car BUT I am going too because I want to make sure it is a very uncomfortable silent ride home! And I wouldn't do that if they didn't have the 21 month old with them. So I guess we'll see what happens.

I can't figure out how to put that video on here but I can put it on facebook if any of you want to see it. Let me know.

Have a good night.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Mary--- this one is like 29 feet-- our other was like 37 feet! Just way too big! I like the fact that it has a slide out where the couch and dining table go out about 3 feet and really open it up. It is too late now but I can try to get some more pictures of the inside tomorrow. Right now it is getting dark and we don't have it plugged in to electricity yet.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Chicken Marsala recipe is posted in the Recipe Thread - up in Sticky area.

Lynn
Old 10-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #124  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Chicken Marsala recipe is posted in the Recipe Thread - up in Sticky area.

Lynn
Lynn - your recipe sounds delicious but is very high in carbs for me as I'm only allowed 45 gms per meal! Are you sure that is not counting the rice? Even then it sounds high...wonder why? Is the Marsala wine that high in carbs?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Lynn - your recipe sounds delicious but is very high in carbs for me as I'm only allowed 45 gms per meal! Are you sure that is not counting the rice? Even then it sounds high...wonder why? Is the Marsala wine that high in carbs?
Hmmm - I took the nutrition info from the recipe. Let me run it through Diet Power and check it.

Lynn
Old 10-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #126  

Hmmmm - I don't know how they did their count. Here's what I got from Diet Power -

Calories - 338
Fat - 7
Carbs - 28
Protein - 43

I will edit the recipe in the Sticky area.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 10-16-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #127  

It is a beautiful, windy, Fall day here in PA. The tree colors are finally beginning to change.

Looks like my friend's doctor has finally decided that she does have Alzheimer's. He prescribed 2 medications for her - Aricept & another. I hope she actually takes them. I am not sure how involved her daughter is with her mother's meds/doctors.

Today, my plan is to work on my class and do some genealogy. I am on the track of my father's mother's family. I have TONS of info about them in Philadelphia. I know that they came from Ireland. However, I have NO idea where in Ireland. This is my quest - identify the county/town in Ireland.

Lynn
Old 10-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #128  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Rosey, how can you tell when it's a.m. or when it's p.m.? Tell me how you learn to have a routine when there aren't any light differences? I'm really interested in this bit of fascination!

No snow here yet. The WeatherFool said that we might have a wee bit next week, but I'm not holding my breath. It might also be 90 degrees. One never knows (and neither do they, apparently!). It's a little early for anything measurable, but I hope we have a "real" winter this year. It seems that we get slammed up to NYE and then nothing... or we have nothing and then get slammed after New Year's. It would be nice to have it spread around. I never mind winter. I figure I can always put on more clothes; it's the summer that bothers me. Eventually, people scream and start to go blind when the clothes come off!

I got my official rejection email about the job. I was bummed, because this was a good fit, and I WANTED it! Oh, well.

And the plumbing still needs tweaking. There's no pressure in the kitchen, just a little more than a trickle. That isn't acceptable, and I don't want to get used to it. I'll be on the horn to my HandyGod soon.

Nothing much is going on... hope all is well. Hello to everyone! PT/Zoe, yo. Everyone, be safe!

Last edited by jess1; 10-16-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #129  

Morning everyone Jess your questions make me giggle..i never really thought abour it.. weve lived here so long im just used to it..in the winter months its dark when we get up and gets dark early..my kids when in school went to the bus in the dark and came home in the dark..in the spring and summer it was the opposite..id loose track of the time in the spring and the kids would sometimes use it to stay up later..they had a hard time sleeping so i covered their windows so it would be dark..i guess i used clocks and my biological clock..the lite and dark never bothered me but it did my dh..the dark depresses him..the changing seasons never affected my routines.. sry u didnt get the job.,nothing planned for the weekend..i need to get my xmas projects finished so i guess ill do that if i can keep my nose out of my book..im reading Nelson Demille,s Night Fall..i luv the way he writes..a good mystery..Karen i always wanted an rv..sounds like so much fun to go cruising and camping that way..my dh the "he" mans idea of camping is matches bread and pbutter,fishing pole and a sleeping bag,,lol and i have camped that way yrs ago when i was young and shall i say dumb and wanted to please my man..now i want my creature comforts you know flush toliets and a real bed..sry your son is giving heart palps..sometimes we need to let them figure it out..hard to do as aparent ive been there too.. Lynn sounds like a recipe i would like chicken is a staple in my diet.. for all and hope your weekend is full of laughs rosey
Old 10-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #130  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh, PT, that stinks, but let's just put all our positive energy into assuring you of an even better job in the near future.

I had a less than active day today, which was a welcome change. We did our grocery shopping this morning, spent a little less than usual, which was a pleasant surprise, and then came home, took a nice hot bath (with my "take me away" Calgon) and then watched that documentary movie "Babies" on Netflix. It was good - very interesting. Made quesadillas for supper using the leftover pork from the roast DH made earlier in the week. Also made four - count 'em - FOUR apple pies. And what, you might ask, will DH and I do with four apple pies? They are made with stevia, but even so... Oh, not to worry! My son has already taken his, and there's one for each of my daughters and one for us.
Bobbi, the chia seeds REALLY DO WORK! I haven't been nearly as hungry, and I've eaten half my normal portions and been perfectly satisfied. They look really icky, though, suspended in that gel. Takes a little getting used to.
Tomorrow, DH & I are taking our grandkiddos to Essex, CT for a ride on a steam engine and steam boat. I'm looking forward to it. Guess we'd better dress warm, though. It's been pretty chilly in these parts over the past few days - chilly and VERY windy! Not supposed to be windy tomorrow, tho. Here's where we're going -
http://www.essexsteamtrain.com/

Rosey, I simply wouldn't survive all that darkness in winter! I go a little crazy just with the short days we have here in New England. I'd really go 'round the bend, I think, living there. Summer's would be pretty neat, though!
Okay, just dropping in for a quick hello, and to say "Happy weekend to all".

Z
Old 10-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hmmmm - I don't know how they did their count. Here's what I got from Diet Power -

Calories - 338
Fat - 7
Carbs - 28
Protein - 43

I will edit the recipe in the Sticky area.

Lynn
That sounds more like it! :-) I will try it as soon as dh lets me buy chicken again.

Karen 3 - we have that problem with our 5ver...things falling in the kitchen. Too late we found out that it's the kitchens in the back that usually have that problem! I love my RV kitchen otherwise though...very efficient, good amt of counter space, a nice pantry and lots of cupboards. But we tried the plastic liners and just fitting tightly and nothing worked. The shelves even have a built-up edge and are kinda tipped to keep things in place, but didn't help. Only thing that has worked is putting things in boxes...I have all our glasses/cups in a big box that fits in the cupboard when traveling and then I put a wooden cutting board in front of my dishes. It fits fairly tight and keeps things in place. They shift some but rarely fly out now. I also put cutting boards and the dish drainer bottom in other cupboards that hold food and plastic containers. The pantry is no problem...deep drawers with locks that usually hold things in place...although I have had a few things fly out a time or two from the less deep shelves without locks but I just keep paper/plastic and dry stuff like macaroni. Nothing messy. I keep all messy stuff like flower either in the deep drawers in the pantry or in big tupper ware-type containers inside boxes under the sink. Everything under tsink is in boxes which are cut down in front so I can reach into them easily and they all fit tightly together. Before I did this I had rice spill...oh what a hassle to clean up...there's probably still some rice hiding in there! So now I keep my extra canned goods in one box, cleaning products in a couple, and big containers or things like rice if I have in another. Then I surround them with plastic and paper bags and other stuff that I don't have to worry about. It's a lot of work sometimes but my dh can't stand the weather up here so we have to go south each year.

Todays been a nice day... sunny but definitely a fall feeling in the air. I only went outside for the mail and checking on the cucumbers. Still two little guys out there I left to grow more. My dh was outside more than me and even raked two of the raised garden beds. I have such a sense of time racing away...guess it's just that I know that these beautiful days will soon be gone.

Found a diabetic friendly bbq sauce and plan on trying it tonight for bbq beef. Hope it's good.

Have a good evening everyone..
Old 10-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #132  

Hi Everyone,

My friend and I are off to Philly today for lunch & a play (Jersey Boys). Check back tonight with details.

Lynn
Old 10-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #133  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Such interesting posts today! Thanks, Rosey, for answering my questions. It's, like, um, you're in another country or something!!

The cat let me sleep til almost 10 a.m.! I must have been really tired, because I NEVER sleep that late! However, I feel great, not dopey or drugged, so I must have needed it.

Nothing much on the agenda for today. It's nippy outside, but I like that.

I hope all all have a lovely Sunday. Enjoy those Fall colors! Be safe...
Old 10-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #134  

Jess we slept in very late today too and didn't make it to church. I think I may put a roast in the slow-cooker and then go bargain shopping.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #135  

Jersey Boys was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread