Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Yes Lynn, I am the same Lily who posted previously on this site. Sounds like you have had your share of repairing and replacing lately.
Great hot chocolate recipe Bobbi, I'm glad it included Splenda as that is the only sweetener I use.
Thanks for the snack tips Freda. I will check out the prepackaged veggies and other low-cal options. It's so nice to have items that are already calculated for calories. I also think that would help in determining what 100 calories looks like when I don't have the little packages with me.
Sounds like you had a whirlwind weekend Zoe. I'm also going to plan a more controlled week or I won't get to my goal for the month.
Good for you Rosey - it's nice to hear that companies are not so ridged when it comes to warranty expiration dates.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Sure hope everyone has a good day! I spent 5 hours shampooing carpets yesterday and I have muscles sore in my arms this morning! At one point while I was shampooing I looked over and Ginger was taking a snooze on the "Potty Patch" I really don't think that was what the intended use of the Potty Patch was but she thinks I have brought her in her own little piece of the yard!! We don't call her Miss Diva for nothing!!

Zoe, sure hope your DGD is doing good this morning. I broke my left elbow 5 different times while growing up so I know it must be painful for her. I'll send good thoughts your way!

We had a pretty windy day here yesterday but the temp. was 75 degrees. When we went to bed though they had issued a tornado watch for us. A lot of wind and some rain but nothing major here.

Guess I'd better get going and get some stuff done. I need to take the dogs and have their nails trimmed, I bought a nail trimmer but this time I let them get too long and I don't want to do it. And I am trying to decide if I want to let my hair grow out for a while or to cut it....It is at the "shaggy" stage and I don't know if I can wait through that or not. Yuck!

OK I'll be back later after I figure out what I'm going to get accomplished today. Hello to everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3520.jpg (31.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #198  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in today. The LawnGod is supposed to be here to aerate, so I've showered so that he doesn't scream when he sees me.

Nothing to report. Status quo... and won't everyone be so GLAD when this damn election is over? I AM SO SICK OF SEEING IGNORANT FACES AND ADS EVERY TIME I TURN AROUND!! They all just make me sick.

And that's MY soapbox for the day!

PT/Zoe, how's the little girlie?

Everyone, be safe!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #199  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Morning All!
Nothing exciting here either, it looks like 4-5 states are all under high winds today, maybe up to 65 mph. That will strip the last of our leaves off the trees and hopefully the wind will blow them right out of the yard so we don't have to rake. Crabby Maxine says, "Rake the leaves or wait until the snow covers'em up? Hmmmmmm...tough one!"
I'm in the middle of painting our laundry room so I best get to it.
P.S. Karen...What?
Quote:
I can't do it. Have had the Chia seeds soaking and ready to use. I just can't risk getting screwed up again.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-26-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 268/259/155

Height: 5'3.5"

Karen , that is too funny about your dog sleeping on the potty pad as one of our 3 yorkies quite often sleeps on ours ! It is just odd considering they haave such a funky smell to them ( the potty pad not the dog ! LOL !) The weather is gray and miserable ... and wet but we never got any snow that we were supposed to get ! YEAH !!! I have to run my vaccuum downstairs tody as I have company coming for the night !!!! At least I will be moving a bit today as this cold is still hanging on making life miserable !
Old 10-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

gramma---My Aunt has a yorkie and he has decided that the white throw rug at the kitchen sink is where he likes to do his business when he isn't outside.. She at first was getting upset about it and was going to buy a potty patch and then decided that she could save the money that she would spend on a potty patch and just wash the rug!! Now they are both happy! LOL!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi...just passing thru....gotta get new fan hung. It is so stuffy in here without a fan.....but the picture of miss diva on a the potty patch tickled me. Next thought was OMG don't tell Dash. karen3

ps sweet potato recipes???? HELP!

Last edited by Karen3; 10-26-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #203  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hi all, it's the Chi-chi-chia woman! (I have to admit that I'm a little worried that I'll start sprouting green hair all over my body!) So far, STILL so good, though. We'll see what happens over the long term. Karen3? You're afraid to try it? Hmmm. Well, the truth is that I don't suppose that any two of us are going to react the exact same to anything, but a few people that I work with - including one who was diagnosed as being pre-diabetic and measures her blood sugar several times a day as well as taking medication for it - seem to find a lot of benefit to it, beside just the feelings of fullness, I mean. The one whose sugar levels were high has found that they've dropped significantly since she's been using the Chia seed. The others are just happy with the inclination to eat less, and that's what I like about it, although I haven't checked blood pressure or cholesteral, or anything like that, and some claim that it lowers those as well. As far as...um....difficulties with elimination....none whatsoever. The high fiber content seems to be doing its job. But AGAIN, if you've had problems with similar stuff, best to play it safe for sure! We don't want you having any more problems now that you've got the back/neck pain somewhat under control, after all!
Thanks for the good thoughts for my DGD, Karen31 - every thought helps, and that's the truth! She's doing fairly well, PT - still home with the arm elevated and bored to tears, but no pain to speak of, which is a blessing.
Thanks to everyone else who has asked after my little broken-winged kiddo, too....I really appreciate it!
Back to work, I'm afraid; it's been crazy around here lately! Hugs to all my Golden Girlies - Bobbi, Rosey, Freda, Lily, Lynn, and now Gramma! (Welcome to our little crowd - to know us is to love us! )

Z
Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #204  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Karen...if you have that much, I'd cook it and freeze it in 1 pound packages. Then later on you can thaw and use anytime you need sweet potatoes. Also check out allrecipes.com for many excellent recipes. I just typed Sweet Potatoes and found 389 recipes using it. The great thing about this site is the 5 star ratings/reviews they give. Just look for recipes with 4.5-5 stars and be sure to read the reviews for more helpful advice from the cooks that have tried the recipe.
Quote:
ps sweet potato recipes???? HELP!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-26-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Okay..Fan is done and room is much nicer. I made a batch of sweet potato biscuits. Used 2Tbs of splenda,1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup of sweet potato and got 18 biscuits. so shouldn't be much in one biscuit....RIGHT....but i wanna eat all 18 NOW! Put pumpkin pie spices in the dough and the house smells lovely.

You can't see the long pause I just did...Took 12 biscuits to a friend. Now Dh and I can hand wrestle for last 6. And the house still smells good.

I spent an hour wandering around foodnetwork site and printed recipes like sweetpotato bacon and apple hash, hot sweet potato salad and sweet potato soup.....that one sounded good until i got to the bottom and the garnish was marshmellows. Think basically it was the old fashioned candied sweet potato casserole pureed. Wonder if i could make layered tart with sweet potatoes and apples. Back to my drawing board,,,has to be diabetic diet friendly.

Just checked the lania and it is 91 degrees outside. Am gonna jump in the pool and get some exercises in. I swam last night at 11pm under that glorious full moon. The moon light made the weidest shadows things light blue looked black. spookie night.

I have all the candy bagged and sealed for halloweeners. Keeps Dh from sampling. I bought the kind of candy I don't like. Dash loved to see the kids but they scare him. The big trembling fool peeks out between my knees and trys to lick a kid. He makes them giggle so much.

Still have PT once a week. I sat too long yesterday and my lower back is growling at me. some day I will get smart. hugs,karen3
Old 10-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLily View Post
Yes Lynn, I am the same Lily who posted previously on this site. Sounds like you have had your share of repairing and replacing lately.
Great hot chocolate recipe Bobbi, I'm glad it included Splenda as that is the only sweetener I use.
Thanks for the snack tips Freda. I will check out the prepackaged veggies and other low-cal options. It's so nice to have items that are already calculated for calories. I also think that would help in determining what 100 calories looks like when I don't have the little packages with me.
Sounds like you had a whirlwind weekend Zoe. I'm also going to plan a more controlled week or I won't get to my goal for the month.
Good for you Rosey - it's nice to hear that companies are not so ridged when it comes to warranty expiration dates.
Hi Lily,

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!

So, what's new with you?

Lynn
Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #207  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Hi all, it's the Chi-chi-chia woman! (I have to admit that I'm a little worried that I'll start sprouting green hair all over my body!) So far, STILL so good, though. We'll see what happens over the long term. Karen3? You're afraid to try it? Hmmm. Well, the truth is that I don't suppose that any two of us are going to react the exact same to anything, but a few people that I work with - including one who was diagnosed as being pre-diabetic and measures her blood sugar several times a day as well as taking medication for it - seem to find a lot of benefit to it, beside just the feelings of fullness, I mean. The one whose sugar levels were high has found that they've dropped significantly since she's been using the Chia seed. Z
OK, now you've got me hooked. These days I don't have problems with hunger so I've been ignoring the Chia posts. However, anything that could lower my blood sugar is GOOD.

I just looked up the side effects & found the following -

Side Effects of Chia Seeds

Chia seeds are recommended for alternative treatment of cancer. It boosts your energy level and provides essential nutrients in your body which help in cancer treatments. Chia seeds are good but at the same time there are some side effects of these seeds. It can lower the blood pressure in your body, especially, if you are someone in upper age group, be careful as Chia seeds are capable of lowering the pressure of the blood to the dangerous level. This seed is a great source of vitamin B-17. If you are from a regimen of B-17, then you should be cautious before taking the seeds. You may overload your body system with phytonutrients. If you have reactions when you eat Chia seeds or any product which contains Chia seeds, then you must avoid Chia seeds completely. People who are suffering with heart problems must avoid these seeds as it has addictive effects on its users. People who take blood thinners like warfarin should exclude this from their diet as Chia seeds increases the risk for bleeding. It may be allergic and the reason behind this is that it is the member of the salvia genus. Overdose of Chia should be avoided as it can be harmful for you.

Well, let's see, it will help my diabetes and cancer, but might hurt my blood pressure and heart arythmia. I just tossed a coin & "heads" - I'm trying the Chia seeds. Any special brand?

Lynn
Old 10-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #208  

Photo of my DD, my SIL, and me at the "Light the Night" walk for blood cancers (Leukemia & Lymphoma & Myeloma) in Philly last Saturday evening.

Red baloons were for those walking for someone with blood cancer; white baloons were for those with blood cancer; gold baloons were for those walking for someone who had died from blood cancer. Luckily for me, my DD & SIL had red baloons
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004_4.jpg (19.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 10-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #209  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

LOVE the photo, Lynn...your daughter certainly does resemble you, doesn't she? Very attractive; and you're looking great, which I'm guessing is a result of all the exercise...you're glowing, Lady! I'd better hurry up and retire so I can start exercising, eh?
Yup, I read the side effects, too, and just figure, what the *bleep*....everything has side effects, after all. Even side effects have side effects...plus I like to live dangerously, and since I don't smoke, drink or take drugs (except my blood pressure medication), I've got to do SOMETHING a little wild and crazy...Ch-ch-chia!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 268/259/155

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
gramma---My Aunt has a yorkie and he has decided that the white throw rug at the kitchen sink is where he likes to do his business when he isn't outside.. She at first was getting upset about it and was going to buy a potty patch and then decided that she could save the money that she would spend on a potty patch and just wash the rug!! Now they are both happy! LOL!!!

yes Yorkies ( try having 3 ! ) have minds of their own ..... and they LOVE to tell you they can do WHATEVER they want whenever they want too ! At least they are both happy !

Last edited by grammajiggles; 10-26-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Closed Thread