Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

After I quit smoking, I used to dream I was having a cigarette. After my DH died, I used to dream we were making love. Last night I dreamt I was eating a Hostess cream-filled cupcake. Do you think this means my sub-conscious knows NO MORE CUPCAKES?

Lynn
Old 10-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hehehhehhehe that is funny Lynn
Old 10-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #183  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Lynn, if your subconscious is like mine, that message will be in your dreams and thoughts, stronger and stronger, until you want to gnaw the paint off the wall! Mine considers stuff like that a personal challenge... and it usually wins!

Unpretty here today. I'm clean, shiny, and ready for anything, though!

Have a good weekend! Loved the pretty banner, Bobbi!

Be safe, everyone!
Old 10-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #184  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
After I quit smoking, I used to dream I was having a cigarette. After my DH died, I used to dream we were making love. Last night I dreamt I was eating a Hostess cream-filled cupcake. Do you think this means my sub-conscious knows NO MORE CUPCAKES?

Lynn
Oh, Lynn, that is sad! I have given many foods already (mostly sweets) at least those I used to keep in the house...and it is kinda like I am morning them still. I have heard this goes away in time, but I wonder..
Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #185  

Well, the dream turned out to a portent of what was to come.

At the end of the 2 mile walk for blood cancer, Tastycake handed out cream-filled cupcakes. The good news - when I got home, I packaged each cupcake individually and put them in the freezer. The bad news - I ate a package of 3 at the end of the walk!

Lynn
Old 10-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #186  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
PT/Zoe, I've been thinking of your DGD.... how is the wing? I hope the surgery went smoothly and that she's recovering quickly!

Off to see "Stupid Pet Tricks" at the local entertainiorium this afternoon... this should be fun!

Hope your Sunday is going well, everyone! Be safe.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Had a bad weekend. Left for a few days and didn't bring enough good foods along and I started eating whatever was handy. DH keeps unhealthy snacks on hand that I can resist when we're home. When we go away for the weekend he takes them along. I did resist the peanut butter cups, but the temptation of the potato chips was too great. Brought my chia gel and I think it did help a little, but my morning weigh-in tomorrow will tell the story.
You are really doing well on your walking Lynn, you inspire me to step up my efforts.
Hope things go well with your granddaughter Zoe, she sounds like she is taking it like a little trooper. I am so over-protective of our only grandchild I think I drive my daughter crazy sometimes.
Our eating habits and efforts do sound so similar Maryea, I wish I could find something that would keep me on track no matter where I am or what I'm doing.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #188  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

A somewhat less than stellar weekend relative to eating; could only describe it as so-so at best. Straight to DD’s house after work on Friday, as they released broken-winged DGD from the hospital 4 hours following her surgery; home with arm wrapped (cast can’t go on until any potential swelling is gone) and instructions to keep elevated, watch for color change or swelling in fingers, give Tylenol with codeine every 4 hrs; light eating (child was starving, as she couldn’t eat from midnight on Thursday) and generally keeping her happy and entertained whilst simultaneously caring for twins racing about and coming down with sniffles. My poor DD and SIL. Stopped beforehand and did some shopping for DGD – at home “lounge” wear to make the forced lounging about as painless as possible from a fashion perspective. Met DH at DD’s and we stayed to help out until nearly 10:00. On Saturday, we had a get-together up in New Hampshire to attend; stopped to pick up juice and snacks for DGD, dropped them off, headed up to the get-together (My two other DD’s were going to help DD & SIL out with the kiddos for the day), got home @ 10:PM. Then, Sunday AM, made a big breakfast for DH & DS, went grocery shopping with DD while DH stayed with SIL and the kiddos. Home, made my weekly fruit-filled bran & Fiber One muffins, back to DD’s with dinner, and then we brought the twinnies home with us for a couple of hours so she and SIL could have a little respite. Finally wound down after 8:00 – bath and bed. Whew!
Did well enough with eating on Friday & Sat., but Sunday was a bit off the charts. Not enough time to really put together *MY* sort of food, because SIL and DGD don’t care for the earthy crunchy stuff, and DD is of course on her own almost-Paleo diet, which seems to prevent exacerbations of her MS. So far so good, at any rate, with her staying healthy despite leading an extremely demanding lifestyle what with DGD and all of her activities and the twins, of course, AND working 2 ˝ days a week.
Back to my super-healthy breakfast muffin, grapefruit and chia seeds (in gel) this AM, and planning a very controlled week.
Lily, it’s super-hard NOT to be overprotective of grandchildren, no matter how many you have. Your daughter will just have to resign herself to the inevitable – my daughter(s) have, since they realized they really didn’t have any other options!
Thanks for asking about DGD, PT. So far, so good. I’m hopeful that once we get through this with her, we’ll get a nice, long break – with no MORE breaks, you know?
Congrats on the walking, Lynn – and on your rigorous exercise program as a whole. I’m very impressed, and nearly convinced that I need to follow your example. Nearly. Soon, perhaps. Or not.
Mary my eating problems are the same as yours. Chia is helping, but I can’t ever imagine a time when I can just eat as I please and trust myself to be making the right choices….wouldn’t that be awesome, though?
Thanks for the Happy Weekend wishes, Bobbi…c’mon back now – it’s Monday!
G’morning, Karens3 & 31, Freda, Rosey, Gayle….Isabella (?) and all the GOLDEN GIRLS wherever they may be! Happy Monday!

Z
Old 10-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #189  

Hi Everyone,

WoodLily - are you the same Lily who used to post with us?

Zoe, I am telling you - once you retire you will feel different about exercise.

Hoping garage fixers will return my call. Bought a new garage door opener last Spring. Garage door broke on Saturday. A neighbor helped me close the door, but now I cannot park in my garage.

This is just another in the series of things breaking in the last 3 months - washer/dryer/AC/garage door/stove... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go back to apartment-living.

Lynn
Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #190  
Donna

Good Morning, All!
Rainy (drizzly) and COLD here... The LawnGod is planning to aerate in the morning, so this will be good for that. I'll freeze my ample butt off, though, when I don my body condom and go out and mark the sprinkler heads for him later today!

PT/Zoe, glad your baby is doing well, and I think it's very important that she be fashionable while in a condition of partial decline! I love you, my friend! I think you're wonderful!

The Pet Circus yesterday was a hoot! I cannot IMAGINE how that man gets so many cats to do his bidding, as well as geese, parrots, mice, dogs... it was great fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed!

Nothing to report. I think this weight is where I'm happy, because I do up and then down and always average... this. And I'm comfortable, so I'm not worrying about it. Come January, though, I'll think about dropping some more.

Hope you all have a good Monday and a lovely week! Be safe....
Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #191  

Good Afternoon Girls,

It's a cool, crisp day here. Looks like the sun is trying to come out but not sure it will make it today. In spite of that it's supposed to be in the mid 70's. It's already warm in the house. going from heat one day to air the next? Crazy weather. I hope it stays nice for halloween. And my DGS's birthday with is the 30th.

Lynn, You dream? I can't even remember the last time I had a dream. I know they used to be very vivid, but nothing in years.

Z, Hope your DGD is doing well. Is she feeling better today? hard for a little one to just sit around when they start feeling a little better. I do agree with you. it's hard not to be over protective. I just tell my son "that's the way it is, get over it". They are so lucky (your kids) to have such supportive and loving granparents.

Donna, I guess our bodies have a set point that they want to stay at. Some times it's not worth trying to get past it. Especially if it's a healthy one.

Karen3, Beautiful rose. i love roses too. I have an orange tropicana that just blooms all season with big orange flowers and is so hearty. Right now they are giving their last big horrah before going dormat. What kind of fertalizer did you use on the rose? Not a good idea to fertalize when the rose is trying to go dormat.

Lily, it is hard to resist snacks when they are right in front of you and someone else is eating them. You could try packing some of your own snacks to take on trips. I know carrots are not as enticing as chips, but they do keep you busy and eating them instead of the other stuff makes you feel so good about yourself! I buy some of those 100 calories packs too. not that they are healthy but they are a controled calorie count. I really like the chocolate covered pretzles.

Everyone, have a good day,

freda
Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #192  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good news to help ward off Dementia, hot chocolate! But you all knew that anyway.
Indulge in this chocolaty cold-weather treat to give your brain a boost on family Scrabble night: hot cocoa.
Yep, research shows that enjoying a couple of cups may help boost blood flow in your brain by about 10 percent. All the better for clearing up brain fog and reducing your risk of dementia, too.
Go with the Flow
Think of your blood vessels as nutrient superhighways, delivering oxygen and other critical supplies to your muscles and organs -- including your brain. And blood vessels work best when they're wide and relaxed, allowing oxygen and nutrients to go where they need to go. That's where chocolate comes in. Flavonols found in chocolate increase blood flow by helping your blood vessels relax

Hot Cocoa
From EatingWell.com
Satisfy your chocolate craving with this quick low-carb hot cocoa.
Yields: Makes 8 servings, about 1/2 cup each
1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
4 cup(s) low-fat milk , divided
2 stick(s) cinnamon
1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
1/2 teaspoon(s) Splenda
Directions
1.Place cocoa in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in 1 cup milk until smooth. Add cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil, stirring, over medium heat. Whisk in the remaining 3 cups milk, vanilla and almond extracts. Heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Add Splenda. Remove cinnamon sticks and serve.
Nutritional Information
(per serving)
Calories 57
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 15mg
Sodium 132mg
Total Carbohydrate 17g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars --
Protein 10g
Calcium --

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-25-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #193  

Thanks Bobbi. Old fashioned cocoa makes the BEST hot chocolate ever. And I'm helping my brain too, which needs all the help it can get. Coffee is supposed to help also.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #194  

Hi everyone..its raining today but at least its not snow..yesterday my power lift recliner chair wouldnt work..i have lots of gizmos,gadgets and equipment that helps me to be independent..i called the store where we purchased it and they sent a tech guy 1 hr later..he replaced the control and it now works fine and the wonderful thing is even tho the warrenty had expired he didnt charge a cent..wow that was a really nice thing to happen..Bobbie i always knew my morning coffe mocha was a neccesity have agreat day everyone ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....I can't do it. Have had the Chia seeds soaking and ready to use. I just can't risk getting screwed up again.

Been the damnest week in awhile. I finally found a cleaning girl. Unemployment is over 14% in this county and nobody wants to clean. She came Saturday and did a bang up job until she broke the ceiling fan in my bedroom. i hadn't mention dusting them so ????? But actually not unhappy. That fan was too big and ugly. Gonna get small white one without a light....wanted new one since we moved here 10yrs ago.

We went down to Riverside Resorts for dinner Saturday night and ate watching 5 monkeys who live on an island in the middle of the Homosassa River. No one is sure why there are monkeys on that tiny island....been there for years. The tarpan were leaping out of the water,too. People are often getting hurt(even killed) by leaping tarpon. plus manatees were rolling around begging.....even dinner was good.

DD called and her new billy goat is driving her crazy. He is one of the "fainting" goats. He drops over if you poke him. Yell and he does a dive. Anyway every morning she has to let him out in the pasture. He sees her coming and runs in the goat hut and of course when she tries to get him out he collapses. She says she starts every day smelling like an old billy...gesh! Can't leave him out over night because of coyotos. Sounds like the wild west not NC!

Any recipes diet friendly for using sweet potatoes??? help please...friend dropped of 2 lg brown grocery bags of fresh yams....I made 2 pies using slenda and FF evaporated milk. That took about 6-7 potatoes and still have 20+...They are hugh 12"long and fat. Love them baked but will be orange colored if we eat them all....

Son just called says he just got a contract for his book.....will let you know the details when I hear more. gotta good look up publisher online stuff....hugs karen3
Closed Thread