Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone... Welcome Janet.. you are absolutely going to love it here!

I am still hangin in there-- waiting for the court dates to be behind me(him!) My cousin suggested a book " Setting Boundaries with your Adult Children" and I think that it might just be a good read! Shoot he may see it on the coffee table and know that I really mean business!!

Karen--thanks for the funny story. It always helps to laugh. Right now he is still married but she is out in Colorado living with someone else...Neither one can save the money to pay for a divorce. Now he got mixed up with this one and who knows what all this will cost him... I am trying to stay calm and just get through the courts and then he can go on about his business after I get my $1000 back for the bond! It seems like I have been going through this for about the last 10 years and at 35 years old he needs to re-think the choices he is making!

Bobbi, I have an iphone and I LOVE IT!! I just got it a couple months ago. Finally gave up my little Nokia Flip phone. I did the minimum data plan and haven't even come close to going over it. And I also put the 200 text messages on. Love using the text and I didn't think that I would. I haven't come close to using all the text either but might go ahead and add the next level of those. It has come in handy more than just a few times. OK I confessed---next!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #47  
ecograndma

S/C/G: 253/190/153

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Thursday!

Welcome Janet. I think you will like this thread. The ladies have been very welcoming and they have a lot to share (especially great recipes).

I finally broke down and bought some clothes for fall/winter. My pants looked liked parachutes. I was holding out, but I have to wear business attire at work and had to bite the bullet. It is so nice to get out of the "womens" section and buy clothes in the "misses" section. There are so many more choices! I bought everything a little snug so that the clothes will get me through the fall and winter. I just need a new winter jacket and I will be set.

Bobbi - I use a good old fashion flip phone. In fact I only turn that phone on when I am traveling in the car, going shopping, etc. We also have a land line. It is funny I have all of this technology available to me, but I also like simplicity. I do have a fast internet service (work at home occasionally). My kids all have IPhones and IPads, etc., but I just don't need that in my life. I do text my kids. This is one of the ways they will get back to me in a hurry. In fact, when my youngest daughter was in labor, I was texting her sister with 30 minute updates.

Finally have a three-day weekend with no kids/grandkids. We are converting our wood burning fireplace to a gas burning insert so the company is coming out tomorrow for measurements. I cannot wait for that convenience. We are also going on a picnic Saturday in the foothills to look at the fall colors. It is an annual trek my DH and I make every year.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sherrill
Old 10-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #48  

Hi Again--- I meant to say that we also still have our landline but we are really thinking about discontinuing it. We also bought the Magic Jack and it seems to work just great. Plus when we go on vacation I can plug it into my laptop and whoever is calling won't know if I'm at home or not.. kinda like that idea. The Magic Jack will work with the same number where ever we are.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #49  

Morning everyone..not such agood day for me..for us who love our pets you all will understand..our dog willie who we inherited from my mom when she passed was stomped or kicked by a moose..his back right leg is paralized and his pelvis fractured..hes at the vets and they have checked him and if he can do his bodily functions we can bring him home.. then wait 2 weeks and see how he does..if he can function the vets recomends an amputation of the dead leg or put him down..i dont want to make this decision but here it is..he was my moms dog and its like a part of her is still with me..the vet cant gurantee that he can function on 3 legs..do we want to put him thru all this, hes 8 and could have more happy yrs..so we wait rosey

ps jess yes 1/2 the yr is dark and 1/2 light all the time..im used to it and doesnt bother me but dh has seasonal def disorder so its harder on him, he has a sun lamp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dads cabin 2010 422.jpg (31.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 012.jpg (20.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-07-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #50  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Oh Rosey ~ so sorry about Willie.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #51  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Me again. No internet access all day at work today. What a place. Anyway, popped on here when I got home. My chili is bubbling on the stove, and I'm figuring we'll eat at @ 8:00. I hate eating so late, but unless I have something already cooked, it takes a while to get supper made. DH can make pork roasts, but I didn't plan one for this week. And, it would be quicker to just grille a piece of fish or chicken and toss together a salad, but I had my heart set on chili for some reason. (Must've been Bobbi's advice about fiber!)
Oh, Rosey. I'm so sorry about Willie! I hope he's able to function on 3 legs, and that everything else is working so that you can keep him. It must be so hard thinking about having to give him up, knowing that he was your mom's and all. But you'll make the best decision for him and for you, and life will go on. It always does, right?
Karen31, I meant to say something to you about the troubles with your son - it got too late this morning, and then I couldn't get on the internet all day. I guess the only thing to say is that I care, and I know how hard it is when your kids are having troubles. If it isn't one thing, it's something else. I was so stressed out when my DD was diagnosed with MS - we went through a very rough period around this time last year. But then she recovered, was discharged from the hospital, went on the MS Recovery Diet that I found online, and hasn't had any more problems beyond tiring easily, but it seems to me that anybody with 18-month-old twin boys would get tired. I know I'm totally done in after a day of taking care of them. But the thing is that troubles come - and then they go, you know? I think it's just the natural order of things. Just do your best, try to keep as calm as you can, and ride it out to the other side. You'll get there.
Oh, brother. I can't even get into discussion about phones. I have a cellphone that I use sometimes when I'm out and need to check in at home or something, and we have a landline at home. Period, end of story. I guess I'm showing my age, here, but I just don't give a hoot about all these fancy-schmancy phones and such. (They don't call us PT for nothing, PT!!!) Oh - and yes, enjoyed shopping with DD - found her some nice things that FIT - she went from a size 14 before she started that MS Recovery Diet down to an 8, and had nothing that wasn't swimming on her. Now she'll be ready to face the cold weather with a bunch of new pants, tops, sweaters, a coat and new boots.
Karen3, You had me chuckling at the idea of you guarding my perimeter so I could loll about in the tub! I pictured you dressed like Pancho Villa with criss-crossed machine guns hanging on your chest and a big cowboy hat! Heck, no need for guarding...I think we should all just spend a week on some tropical island without any phones....
Okay, off to stir my chili. Have a great evening, Golden Girlies!

Z
Old 10-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #52  

Thanks everyone..we are bringing willie home for now..we are going to give him a chance for the next couple of weeks and see how he does..the vet gave us acabboose device on wheels that we strap on him so he can get around..and she offered to take care of him for free if my surg date comes up soon..lots of work for my dh but he wants to try..what a guy rosey
Old 10-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #53  

Rosey, So sorry to hear about Willie. But I'm betting he surprises you and just does fantastic. I'll keep you and Willie in my prayers. AND Congrats on the surgery! You have so worked so hard for it and deserve it!! Keep us updated.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #54  

Thanks everyone..willie hates his new wheels. i can relate but u learn sure hope he does rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 049.jpg (24.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...Oh Rosey am so sorry to hear about wee willie. Our pets are family,too. They give us so much love. Said a prayer. hugs, karen3
Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #56  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Oh, Rosey, I'm so sorry to hear about Willie..... Isn't he the little guy who had the run-in with the neighbor's dog a while back? Poor little guy! I had a low-slung beagle who became paralyzed from a slipped disc, and my husband made him a little cart. That little booger got used to it and was very mobile! Pets and pats to your boy...... I'm so glad you have the DH that you have! He sounds like a fine, fine man!

It's downright COOL here today! I love it!

Nothing to report! I'm boring in the extreme! (oops, sorry... serene!). I hope you're all having a lovely (and dry) day (except for us who WANT the rain!)........ Be safe.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

Eating out healthy. Have found restaurants will sub for tomato slices and steamed vegetables for the rice and potatoes.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #58  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Hi Pam,
I just got back from the chiropractor, a different guy that knows what he's doing. He said my migraine headaches are from sleeping with my arms up and hands tucked under the pillow. I ordered a wedge pillow on line and will have to use bungie cords to rope down my arms at night in bed. No kidding, I have to learn to sleep differently and I won't wake up at night when my arms automatically drift up toward the pillow, how am I going to stop doing that? I have to ice my back 5 times a day too, brrrrrr.
I'm waiting for Hewitt Packard to call me back, printer still not working. Have a great friday.........Rosey, thinking of your Willy.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #59  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigosh, Bobbi - I always sleep just like you do! No headaches, tho....go figure, huh?
Okay, couldn't resist posting this after all that talk about phones in here...

The famous computer scientist Bjarne Stroustrup once said, “There’s an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone.”

Z
Old 10-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #60  
Donna

I sleep like that, too, Bobbi, and PT/Zoe......... no headaches for me, either! Have you ever been tested for food allergies? http://www.zomig.com/common-migraine-triggers.aspx Hmmmmmm

Love the phone quote, PT!!

Last edited by jess1; 10-08-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Closed Thread