Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #1  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Thumbs up "Golden Girls" - June 2008

Well, it looks like this thread is back up - and I am the lucky one to get it going again.

My son in Tacoma called last night to let me know my grandson's graduation is the 11th, not the 13th, and I had reservations to fly up there on the 12th - which means I would have totally missed it. But there is a lot of anger between father and son and they don't speak to each other. But I am going up anyway. So, I had to change my air, car, hotel, the dog boarding, cancel the newspaper, stop the mail, find someone to water the plants while I'm gone. I'll be gone 5 days instead of 4. My limit with family is 3, but I have no choice this time. My grandson is living with his mom and my son has a restraining order to keep her from communicating with him. So, it should be interesting. I'm sure I'll have a nice time once this is over. Glad I don't live up there.

The dietician told me I am not getting enough carbs for my diabetes, but I know she is wrong. So, I have added a piece of toast for breakfast, and cut out some of the cheese and that's it. I have lost back down to my 299 again so I'm doing okay. I even got on my treadmill for 10 minutes yesterday. I need to do that again today, but the temps are up in the 80's which don't make it conducive to doing much exercise.

Lovely day here. Hope everyone had a lovely day. I hear it is cold and rainy in Tacoma - gotta figure out what to wear now.

Take care.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Thumbs up "Golden Girls" - June 2008

"Golden Girls"

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?

Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #3  

OK, what happened to all of our posts this month? And, while we're at it, how many of you tried to log on to 3FC more than 5 times today? Yes, I am addicted!
Freda
Old 06-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #4  

Just think - a whole new opportunity to start over!

Have you all been going through Golden Girls withdrawal?

Sorry to see that June posts were lost, but now we can start fresh.

Welcome home everyone,

Lynn
Old 06-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello, everyone. It's like we're in a time warp. I was going to post in the June accountability but it's GONE!! Good thing the month is just started. I'm sure most of us will be able to recount what we had done.

I was trying all day to log on.

Last edited by retiredone; 06-06-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #6  

The 3FC Announcement -

The bad news: We had a major server crash at 1:40am June 6. All 2 million posts were gone We tried everything possible to recover them, but it was impossible. The nightly backup had copied the corrupted database, so we had to resort to restoring with the most recent stable copy which was done on May 23.

The good news: We were able to recover everything through May 23

Unfortunately, this means that posts, profile changes, and new memberships made in the last 2 weeks are gone and they are gone forever.

We are extremely sorry that this has happened, but we are very relieved that we were able to save nearly 10 years worth of posts and memberships.

Hopefully we can look at this as a fresh start! Thanks for understanding, we greatly appreciate your support
Old 06-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #7  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Yup ~ me too ~ I'm addicted. I don't get to post as often as I'd like, but I check in and read a little everyday. I was having withdrawal today ~ LOL.

Glad it's back up.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care
Old 06-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening you all...Phew sounds like it was a bad day online. Hope everyone finds their way home soon. 2nd day of tournament is done and did good again. Am totally wiped out. Did remember to eat and drink so stats should be better. Still low in calories, but will improve tomorrow. We came in 2nd over all. The area we were sitting in was a/c but stuffy and I ended up shorting my hearing aides out. Would stick them in my pocketbook for awhile and they would work again for hour or so.....Have to get out hair dryer and blow dry them tonight. Aha welcome to the Deep South!

Thanks Lynn for getting us back...MYG I can't stand the thought of getting lost again in cyberspace.....Hugs, Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 06-06-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #9  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Did everyone remember to update their tickers?
Old 06-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lynn and krosman for getting us up again.
All of my data got lost so I wanted to announce during the down time I met my goal weight

This is truthfully a wonderful forum and helps me a lot.You will probably hear from me a lot this weekend . Since I'm a newbie I need to increase my posts and grow up so I can get my signature ticker .

Good night,
Eileen
Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Default I'm back again

I thought only my job had server problems!!!

I've taken a few days off of work to prepare for dd graduation. IT'S TODAY!!! I'm so happy but anxious. I'm also very, very tired.

I tried to make my commitment to gym visits. I made it once. But spent almost 2 days cleaning, going up and down steps. I'm counting those two days as gym visits---I perspired enough!!!!

I'm going to be interested in how much weight I have lost this week. I know I've lost something. I only weigh in once a week. So I'll know Monday!!!

TTFN Trish

Last edited by Piano51; 06-07-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old 06-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...Last day of the tournament and 1st day I don't gotta du nuth'n. Gonna be a fun day! Am exhausted but loving it. DH made me breakfast. Double wow! Will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Hugs, Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 06-07-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #14  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
I loss all my "Accountability" data and had to redo it this morning. Fortunately I keep my Fitday updated daily so it was easy to do.
Lynn...Ignore the private message I sent you about losing my posts on the Accountability site. After I contacted you, I notice the announcement about posts lossed and gone forever.
Karen3...I have always had problems with my calories being too low, I'm a huge vegetable fan, and I eat lots of high fiber foods. I'm never very hungry, last night I was really short of calories so I drank 1 Tablespoon of Flaxseed oil. I,m going to add that to my program daily, it's good for me.
We just had a dangerous thunderstorm, hail and lots of rain go through, it was scary
Have a good one!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #15  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, everyone.

Lovely day in So. Calif. It was in the low 80's yesterday and will probably be again today. So, I have to get things done early so I can sit by the air conditioner and chill.

Stepped on the scale and it is going down again - yay. I am in the 290's again. I guess adding that piece of toast for breakfast helped, plus I am getting more religious about posting to my Fitday site. I kept both calories and carbs on target on Thursday, calories were lower but carbs were up yesterday, but I still lost a pound. I bought enough groceries yesterday where I can eat properly and not go out.

Tomorrow, I will drive up to Apple Valley to look for a house to buy in a nice senior community up there in the not too distant future, and then take my friend for lunch for her birthday which is next week. I always said I had no reason to move up there, but housing is so much cheaper than L.A. and other than the winds, it is a nice area. The area is really building up and they are putting in new shopping areas and movie theaters so it would be fun to be up there.

I considered moving to where my kids live, but they are planning to move back up to the L.A. area by the end of the year. And I don't think my kids want me underfoot. I'll still get together with them for soccer, as long as it lasts, and other holidays as it isn't that far away, but I want to be around people my own age with lots of activities to be able to use that a senior community provides. Right now, it is just wistful dreaming, but I hope to make it happen in the not too distant future.

Have a lovely day.

Last edited by krosmon; 06-07-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Closed Thread