Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 06:48 AM   #121  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh yuck . . . I'm still in a funk . . . but I definitely plan to eat better today -- every time I turned around yesterday I was eating something nasty and it shows on the scale this morning -- I know it's mostly water, but depressing just the same. Things will get better.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #122  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Hi from baking So. Calif.

If you like heat, you'd love L.A. I was up 4 or 5 times last night - it was over 80 at 2 a.m. Got up about 5:45, got dressed and out the door. Drove the 50 miles or so to San Bernardino to watch my DGD's soccer game. It was over by 9:30 a.m., and the temperature there was already 100 on the field. And this was just the first game for today. Thank goodness they don't play again until tomorrow morning at the same time. I won't be there - once a week is enough. They lost 3-0 - no energy and they were not in the mood. No more games for a month.

After the game, we went to a huge Bass fishing store with a wonderful restaurant. We spent an hour or so just browsing, and then went to eat. When we were done and I got in my car, it was 111, and now that I'm home, the temperature is still 105. This is supposed to be the last day of this. I closed off most of the rooms in the house and left the air on so it is about 82 inside but feels nice and cool in comparison. My dog was out on the deck until I got home - now he is under the air conditioner fast asleep.

I don't plan to step outside again until about dusk, and even then only to get my mail. It is supposed to drop down to about 80 by Tuesday or Wednesday - boy, will that be welcome.

I went into the Mormon geneology site a couple days ago to pull up info re my family. Very interesting. I know some of you do the geneology. What sites do you use? My kids want me to see how far back I can go. I already found a great-great grandfather who came here from Ireland. I need a project and this sounds so interesting.

Have a good one and stay cool and dry.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good evening....We never saw the sun today. Had a few showers and then overcast. It was like walking in hot jello outside. The grass is growing so fast you can almost hear it.

Have you tried the magic erasers by Mr Clean. We had black ground in marks on porch tile that scrubbing and bleach hasn't touched. 2 minutes wiping with the eraser and all cleaned up. I use them to keep the pool tiles clean too. Can't believe that something that looks like styrofoam can do so good. Even cleans lamp shades. DH is heading for the boat with one!

I was so tired last night that couldn't sleep. It was after 3:30when I last looked. So today is the pits. As soon as it gets dark am making hot cuppa vanilla latte and crash.

Hi Tryitdiet...better known as Ellen.. . Welcome...

Linda...saw your quilts and OMG they are lovely. My great aunt Ann was a quilter and I treasure the 2 I have of hers. One is yellow wedding bands. The other is her own pattern that she made using the leaf of our sycamore tree. She was a remarkable lady(as a very young girl she shook the hand of Abraham Lincoln).

Have a quiet evening and hugs, Karen3
Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #124  
Onward and Downward

Old 06-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #125  

Old 06-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Leaving this afternoon for my genealogy research trip with my sister. I've been having trouble eating right the last few days. Rash is REALLY itchy. Funny how any kind of physical problem can trigger bad eating.

See you when I get home - Thursday,

Lynn
Old 06-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #127  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning from hot! So. Calif.

Supposed to have one more day of this goshawful heat before it starts to cool down. I slept pretty good for a change in spite of it being around 80 degrees - must be getting used to it. I've been up about 45 minutes and the temps have climbed almost 10 points.

I think the heat has been stressing me out as I have definitely not been OP since I got home from Tacoma a week ago. But, no plans for today so this is a good time to sit down and make up a program and stick with it.

Time to go out and water so I don't lose my hydrangea bush. It really suffers in this heat.

Have a good day.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #128  

Evening all...Boy has this place gotten quiet! No hens clucking anywhere. Almost as quiet as it is here at home. We had another day of thunderstorms and the pool stays full to the top of overflow. Since we are usually filling it back up because of evaporation this is good. Tampa is getting even bigger storms so our local lakes will probably flood next week. The river(Withlacoochee) flows North into them from Tampa.

I ate alot this weekend, but stayed OP. Think it has something to do with the full moon. Hey I can blame it on anything I want. But really think I ate out of boredom. I don't need an excuse to eat.

Kathleen...the news is full of your heat wave. Gee drink drink drink! Both you are the pup.

Take care of yourself, eat healthy and hugs, Karen3
Old 06-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #129  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm so tired I can hardly move and the dishes are still sitting in the sink and dishwasher. I spent the day helping with a funeral. I had to do the church bulletins and help with the lunch following the interment. I had heels on for 6 hours and I was on my feet most of that time. I can tell you I know where my feet are--they're aching. Even my back is tired.

And to top it all off I ate macaroni and cheese, macaroni salad, macaroni and cheese again. Most of my meals were pasta dishes! The macaroni salad was left over from the funeral lunch and I made the macaroni and cheese because I felt I needed it. I have had one vegetable today and that was iceberg lettuce. Tomorrow will be a vegetable and fruit day for sure.

We had a lovely summer day here with intermittent showers. It was that lovely warm summer rain that just falls straight down from the sky and then stops and the sun comes out again. It would have been a great day for a walk but I just couldn't fit one in today and now I'm too tired.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #130  
Onward and Downward

I actually went the other way . . . over-indulged in fruit and vegetables. Haven't totalled things up yet, but I imagine I'm going to be very high on carb percentage because of it . . . too much of a good thing is still too much.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #131  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5 2

Hi Girls!
Lynn... I was curious about your geneology search and you mentioned the Mormon geneology site. I clicked into it but weary of giving out my email address. In the past I've had it sold to many companies, then all the pop up ads come. I've changed my email address many times. Do you trust the Mormon geneology site?
Karen3...
Quote:
No hens clucking anywhere.
You should come up to my house, we have 6 beautiful Golden Orpington chicken that are so sweet. They come running whenever we step out the back door. We spoil them with shredded cabbage, brown rice and fresh grapes all mixed together for a special treat in the mornings. It would be nice to have a pool to jump in when the temperature soars, lucky you!

Krosmon...You can stay cool by buying a large gel pack in the pharmacy, freeze it and put it under your clothes next to your skin. I tried this once while working out in our garden, it sure helped.
I have an 8:00 program coming on and my feet hurt. Not quite as bad as your's retiredone. (I spent 9 years wearing high heels while working in a exclusive clothing department, I now have bunions, heel spurs and Plantar Fasciitis.) I just finished icing my heels on a large pharmacy gel pack and I actually got cold. Thought of you, try it.
Meowee...I don't think you can OD on Fruits and Veggies, are you on a low carb diet plan? I could easily be a vegetarian but I'm married to a big game hunter and we have more meat than most households.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

'Evening Chickies

All of my plans to get my intro page back up and to chat today went by the wayside. I hope that cool weather comes to all.

Anyway had another good week thanks to the great support here and
lost 2 lbs., so I'm finally back in onederland

to all and thank you . Hope to catch up more personally later this week.

' Night,
Eileen
Old 06-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #133  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Hi Girls!
Lynn... I was curious about your geneology search and you mentioned the Mormon geneology site. I clicked into it but weary of giving out my email address. In the past I've had it sold to many companies, then all the pop up ads come. I've changed my email address many times. Do you trust the Mormon geneology site?
Karen3... You should come up to my house, we have 6 beautiful Golden Orpington chicken that are so sweet. They come running whenever we step out the back door. We spoil them with shredded cabbage, brown rice and fresh grapes all mixed together for a special treat in the mornings. It would be nice to have a pool to jump in when the temperature soars, lucky you!
Krosmon...You can stay cool by buying a large gel pack in the pharmacy, freeze it and put it under your clothes next to your skin. I tried this once while working out in our garden, it sure helped.
I have an 8:00 program coming on and my feet hurt. Not quite as bad as your's retiredone. (I spent 9 years wearing high heels while working in a exclusive clothing department, I now have bunions, heel spurs and Plantar Fasciitis.) I just finished icing my heels on a large pharmacy gel pack and I actually got cold. Thought of you, try it.
Meowee...I don't think you can OD on Fruits and Veggies, are you on a low carb diet plan? I could easily be a vegetarian but I'm married to a big game hunter and we have more meat than most households.
Unfortunately if you are diabetic (as I am) you CAN OD on fruits and the starchier vegetables, but esp the fruits! I love fruit and have to really watch it and make sure to count my carbs.

Meowee, hope you are feeling better now.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #134  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies, I had to work the weekend. After 2 weeks vacation it was a rude awakening! I can't believe how tired I got. The weather here is hit and miss still. One day is pretty warm and we put the air on. The next day is cool and we have to put the heat on the dry the house out. Today it's raining. Just your typical Michigan weather.

To all of you dealing with problems from family members with dementia, my hear goes out to you. I know I have that in my future too. But it's my mom that is getting bad. And she is not going to be one of those sweet little old ladies that is pleasantly confused. She is already getting argumentative, thinks we are all against her. So sad.

Eileen, You rock girl!!!! Another 2 pounds gone......

Bobbi, Just can't wrap my head around not being able to get in enough calories. Never been a problem of mine!!!! But a problem is a problem, what ever it is. Maybe it would help to plan your meals the day before so you would know what to eat and not have to think about it.

Ellen, Welcome!!! Come by often. It's always good to get another point of view.

Freda
Old 06-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #135  
Onward and Downward

Yep . . . I'm diabetic too and my BGL this morning definitely reflects yesterday's carb level from too much fruit. I tend to follow a GI/GL type of plan with aspects of Volumetrics thrown in. Try to keep my net carbs below 40%.

Anyway . . . a great Good Morning to all . . .

Wow Eileen so glad you are back to onederland . . . that's my goal for this year.

Obviously my funk mood is finally retreating . . . although I have no more idea of why than I did about why it was so rotten the past few days.

Finally got mad at the stupid digital scale (took 9 tries to get the same number twice this morning) and brought out the big old Seca analog clunker -- the kind used in a lot of doctor's offices, if they don't have a balance-bar type -- so we'll see how consistent good old German engineering can be for a while. Trouble is, of course, analog is not nearly as precise so looks like I'm between 218 and 219 this morning -- decided to call it 218.5 -- my next 'blip' chart may not look nearly as exciting.

So far the day is overcast, but the forecast is calling for sun later on with a high in the mid 20's (mid to upper 70's), but with the humidity increasing too. Rain predicted for tomorrow -- we need it.

Well, better get myself moving and shaking . . . see you all later . . .
Closed Thread