Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Just saying Hi -

Here's a prayer for us -

Dear Lord,

So far today, I'm doing all right.

I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self-indulgent. I have not whined, complained, cursed, or eaten any chocolate. I have charged nothing on my credit card.

But, I will be getting out of bed in a minute, and I think that I will really need your help then.

Lynn
Old 06-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...I did it! I spent the entire day cooking and never came online to whine. I have everything packed on ice and ready to go. Made a carrot cake(with pineapple,cocconut raisins and walnuts), deviled eggs, ham'n cheese sandwiches on potato rolls, roll ups to cut into pinwheels, lemon curd/raspberry tartlets with a few chocolate chips on top and will put one fresh berry on top tomorrow, and a bunch of red pepper jelly/goat cheese and pear jelly/blue cheese tartlets. Plus have fresh vegies and dip...chips and crackers. No finger lik'n and didn't scuff down one of those lemon curd tarts....but MYG was I tempted.

Plus did my exercise and swam. Even went to drug store and got tube of stuff for warts. Just opened the box and it is empty! EMPTY!....$7 for an empty box. Grrrrrrrrr

My cleaning girl brought her 7 yr old boy today. DH had a ball and as much as he grumbles I know he was tickled with the kid. He talked nonstop all morning. He went from standing in the water to trying to swim after DH found a vest for him. They had man talks about everything from color of the water to lizards. Forgot how exhausting the engery of that age is to be around.

YoYo...Does MIL live alone? She maybe trying to get the extra attention while she has a bargaining chip. Come here and vent...it really helps.

Kathleen...Boy it would be wonderful if you got that house the area sounds nice. prayers said.

Lynn...Thank you for sharing your am prayer. I am gonna try it out tomorrow am.

Been up and moving all day and need to put my feet up. Take care of yourself.....hugs karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 06-19-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:16 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

"Evening Chickies

Just sending a very quick hello to all

Extremely busy week at work and now my boss who is a dear, is out for a few days, so I'm the boss Anybody want a raise ??

Plus we had a houseguest arrive today. Which is also great, just tiring with working full time. Fortunately DH is off, so he'll entertain. He was a great help cleaning and picking up today too.

I wish all of you the best and will try to read and write more tomorrow.
Food and exercise still on track, thanks for the help.

Eileen
Old 06-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone, Just wanted to pop in and say we made it back to MO. fine without any problems! We had a little rain around the Ohio/PA line but other than that it was smooth sailing. We got here yesterday afternoon about 3:00 It was good to get the 5th wheel set up again for another week or so before taking off again
This is a picture of me holding a baby skunk! The lady that was at the registration booth at Cheney Reservoir in Cheney Kansas said she is raising them since the workers ran off Mama and then they were just going to fill in the hole with the babies in there.. They had just opened their eyes the day before. They were so cute------ at this age!

I'll try to get some more pics posted later. Glad to hear everyone is doing good and Welcome to the newbies!!

We're planning a Father's Day dinner for my Dad this weekend since we celebrated with Tim's Dad last Sunday. That should be kind of fun if we can get everyone together at one time.

Everybody have a good night and I will try to check in again in the next few days...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1824.jpg (34.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-20-2008, 06:53 AM   #110  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Still recuperating from the 'cats to the Vet ordeal' . . . adore that baby skunk. I think they can be de-scented when they are young like that, although not really sure.

Back later, I hope . . .
Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Off to scrapping today - had a BAD eating day on Wednesday - paid for it on the scale this morning.

Lynn
Old 06-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #112  

Good Morning GG's, I'm back from vacation and have to go back to work tomorrow. OH well, it was good while it lasted! Had lots of fun, saw all my family. It was much easier to say on my diet this trip since several family members are on a diet too. And my back cooperated by not hurting like ti usually does. I was able to go walking and swimming and that naturally helped. We did have some car problems but nothing serious, thank God. Anothing worse than having car problems when you're away from home?

I read most of the posts but cann't possibly answer then all individually. Glad to talk to all of you again.
Freda
Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #113  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday was a scorcher and it is supposed to last through tomorrow. 102 on my deck about 1 p.m.. The pup and I mostly sat and vegetated in front of the window air conditioner all day. It's about 67 degrees now but warming up fast. Thank goodness for the fan in my bedroom. It would be impossible to sleep without it.

I didn't feel too hot yesterday - I think I drank some old V8 juice that I had in the refrigerator and I don't think it was any good - I was dizzy night before and part of yesterday, and noticed last night that I am still feeling a little woozy. I have to go to the psychologist this morning so I know it will help to get out of the house. When I don't feel good, my remedy has been to eat, and yesterday was no exception. So today I have to get with the program.

Tomorrow is my DGD's soccer game in San Bernardino at 8 a.m., so I have to be up and out of the house by 6:30. I'm glad she is playing early as it is hotter there than here. She plays again the same time on Sunday, but I only go to the games one day a week, that's enough.

The baby skunks look so cute. I think skunks are such beautiful animals - we get them around here once in a while, but not recently.

I keep hoping about the house, but am waiting for some money to come in before I put an offer on it. The agent is aware I am interested so she said she will let me know if there is any activity on it so I can do something. So far, it is very quiet so I am hoping. If not that one, there are several others that would suit me just fine.

Have a lovely cool, dry day.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #114  

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all

MIL's new thing - she's suddenly afraid she's going to fall going to the bathroom by herself at night so she calls out and wakes me up every couple of hours to watch her take the walker the five steps from her bed to the toilet and back (of course DH is a man so he can't watch her use the potty that she might fall off of - it has to be me). I feel like I have a new baby. About 3 this morning I threatened her with Depends if she didn't let me get some sleep. Now I feel all guilty and mean.

No Karen3 she doesn't live alone. She lives most of the time with my SIL but they have a two story house with her bedroom on the first floor and theirs on the second - she can't climb the stairs (or I should say isn't allowed to because of all her falls) anymore so they can - and do - escape.

This isn't really that new a thing. She's complained about aches and pains when she felt neglected the entire 20 years I've known her (I remember once there was a wedding on her ex-in-law's side of the family that she wasn't invited to but her children were and she was very upset to have been excluded - she fell down the morning of the wedding and twisted her ankle so someone had to stay home with her). She does have lumbar stenosis and scoliosis (sp?) I saw an x-ray of her spine once and it was not pretty so I have no doubt that she really is in chronic pain but she refuses to try and lose weight or do anything that might help ease it (she did do an exercise the doctor gave her for exactly 2 days then declared it was too hard and it wasn't working so their was no point in doing it any more). The thing that frustrates me the most is that I've seen her when she thinks she's alone and she can do all kinds of things for herself and move around really well (except now that she has the cracked foot) - but the more people there are around, the deeper her suffering and the more helpless she suddenly becomes.

Ahhhhh, I've ranted yet again! Gotta stop feeling sorry for myself and just deal with it. It's a lesson learned - eat right and exercise now so I can stay mobile and independent as long as possible and never become the old lady who tries to get attention by playing on sympathy for medical problems!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #115  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5 2

Greeting Everyone...Just a quick note, I'm terribly busy again today. That goes with owning an acreage and all the outside work that goes with it. YoYo, I feel for you. I thought I had the MIL from H*ll but I see you have one too. My MIL puts on the same act, yesterday we stopped over with some groceries (Assisted living apartment) and she moaned very loudly the whole time we were there!
We still have a zillion whole frozen tomatoes in the freezer from last summer, I made stewed tomatoes with some of them and DH wanted meal balls with it. I couldn't find anything I liked on "Allrecipe" web site, all the meat balls I googles had bread crumbs in them. I can't remember the name of the recipe site that some of you use. It has the ladies name in the web address, could someone please give me her web address? Or do any of you have a good low calorie with no bread crumbs. I put my own recipe for meat balls together using 2 egg whites and no bread crumbs. (A tad crumbly)
My weight is going down a little too fast due to low calories. I was so short of calories last night that I ate a bowl of butter pecan ice cream with SFcoconut pudding and Fiber One sprinkled on top. Yummy, that was delicious. My biggest problem is that I fill up so quickly and I'm never hungry. I worked for 16 years as manager at a collectable gift shop and was always too busy to eat. I usually went all day living on diet pop, very unhealthy but Some zero heads like me don't learn too fast.
Have a good one!
Have a good one!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-20-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #116  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
YoYo, I feel for you. I thought I had the MIL from H*ll but I see you have one too. My MIL puts on the same act, yesterday we stopped over with some groceries (Assisted living apartment) and she moaned very loudly the whole time we were there!
ast.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Have a good one!

Oh Bobbi - I know it's not funny but I so had to laugh - I bet your MIL grimaces in pain as good as mine does too (when your looking at her) I'm still laughing and I needed that. Thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hello all...Am beyond weary! Then when I got home before even starting dinner had to put the darn game up online not only our orginal site but 2 new places. When am tired compute speak does not register. Just now got the last one right. Bet I walked 4 miles today. BUT no leftovers! The lemon curd raspberry tartlets caused deep moaning and drooling.......

YoYo...God Bless you. I have lived with a clone of your MIL. She would even lay on the floor with an empty pill bottle until one of us would yell get up! When she passed away she had decided to donate her body to science. We sent her to U of Delaware. A year later for Father's day UPS delivered her ashes to DH. DD and I took her ashes to the cemetary sprinkled her on 2nd husband's grave mumbling "she's back." She got the last laugh we had a hellva time getting the greasy ashes off of us. DH had been raised by his grandmother and her maiden sister. Yeah guys, I married a man with 3 mothers! Gesh!

When the kids are here we sit around telling gruesome Grump stories. Yeah, my kids called her Grump. She loved it. She was evil at times, but to neighbors/strangers she was super sweet. She didn't talk to me for a year once. Asked what i would do for her when she got old and senile. Told her I send her to the state hospital. Must admit it was a pleasant year.

Bobbie...You have got to eat if you want to lose. I peeked and you had less than 800 calories a few times....EAT!

Kathleen...Be careful in that heat. Drink Drink Drink

Lynn...First the shooter now a Bad eating day. You girl are just going to ruin!

Linda...Have the cats come out of hiding yet?

Having trouble even sitting at my computer, body keeps sinking into a slump. Enjoyed directing but sure do pay afterwards. Am off to early bed. hugs, Karen3
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #118  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5 2

Hi Gang!

Quote:
Bobbie...You have got to eat if you want to lose. I peeked and you had less than 800 calories a few times....EAT!
I had to respond to Karen3, I know I need to get my calories up but as I've pointed out before, I fill up really fast, a huge vegetable eater and I get busy and forget to eat. I hate sweet things and don't use butter/oleo ever. I do drink 1 Tablespoon Flaxoil everyday plus use olive oil on salads. What I do eat is very healthy, I cook everything from scratch, no box mixes, no canned cream of soups (mushroon, chicken, etc) yuk. Our main meat comes from open range wild Elk. DH puts in a huge garden every year and we still have lots of frozen organic vegetables, fruits, applesauce etc. I tell him every year to cut back because it's lots of work keeping it weed free and we give 1/2 of it away.
You must not have read my post, I said I'm losing too fast. I peeked at your calories too, 6/5 6/6 6/7?
I think you get too busy to eat just like me
Once DH and I get all the spring/early summer work done outside I'll be able to consentrate on eating on a regular schedule instead of hit or miss. Our daughter who is divorced and raising two boys wants us to come over and trim her trees and bushes. She has a vine that crawls up the trellis and is overtaking her second floor balcony. She doesn't dare cut it because she's afraid of killing it. We're going over tomorrow to help her out, like I don't have enough to do at home. But she is our only child, We can't say no. It's past my bedtime, nighty night

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-20-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:21 AM   #119  

Default The best thing since I turned 50

I turned 50 eight years ago, and retired last year. I love not having to wake up to an alarm clock, you know, the 'have to' part of it. Now I'm setting the alarm to get up early to play tennis. Life is good. Life is golden.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:28 AM   #120  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Well, hello everyone. Nice to see all the vacationing people back from their holidays. You were missed.

Yesterday I didn't post at all except in the accountability thread. I was just too tired after a long day of "work" caring for mom, baking, and shopping. I also had to type up a funeral bulletin for church.

I totally enjoyed my shopping trip. I bought a handful of groceries but the main reason was to look for new curtains for the patio door and a new white blouse. I was successful with the curtains, actually sheers. Got them at Walmart and was quite surprised at how nice they look. DH hasn't seen them yet as I was too tired to drag them out and display them. The blouse hunt wasn't as successful. I found a couple I really liked but not in my size. I wanted something with a 3/4 sleeve and they are scarce this time of year. Lots of short and sleeveless blouses around though. The worst part about not finding my size in the ones I liked is that they were all on discount because they were winter stock and very good prices. Oh, well I'll have to wait and get something the fall at full price.

I just weighed in and I've lost another 2 pounds. Every week I think that this will be the week I plateau but I haven't since March so that's good. In March I went the whole month without losing an ounce.

Hi TryItDiet. I retired 2 years ago and I know what you mean. Now I get up if I want to. (I don't normally sleep in past 8 or 9.) DH gets up and goes to work and I roll over for another snooze.
Closed Thread