Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Ahhh Patti,

This Jersey girl (I live in PA now, but I was born and raised in NJ & lived there until I was 50) can smell those cheesteaks from here. Tell DH to put another one on the grill & I'll be right over!

Lynn
Old 02-21-2008, 08:29 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Ahhh Patti,

This Jersey girl (I live in PA now, but I was born and raised in NJ & lived there until I was 50) can smell those cheesteaks from here. Tell DH to put another one on the grill & I'll be right over!

Lynn
Well, glad to see you finally made it over to the civilized side of the river!

No, really, I kid you Jerseyites. What would we do without Jersey? It IS the main shortcut to the shore!

Hey, Yo, cheesesteak's waitin' for ya, whereyaat?

Patti

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 02-21-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #273  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Michele - awesome victory in the midst of difficulty! You should be so proud of yourself. Every time that you tackle problems without food as a solace will help cement the good habits you are forming. AWESOME!!!!

Yoyo - Oh, my - when it gets above 75 I'm shedding clothes like a snake sheds his skin. If it is over 80, I become an absolute slug. Shorts season here starts when the thermometer hits about 55 I just shake my head when we visit the kids in CA. 55 degrees and everyone IS running around in down parkas and scarves and mittens. We ARE breaking out our shorts and tank tops

Joanne - hang in there - parent issues are so hard to deal with. Who knew that we would still be battling at this point in our lives? Try to find a few golden moments to put yourself first, you need it and you deserve it and it will help you in dealing with your mom. I am keeping you in my prayers - stay strong!

Phyllis -

rosey - so glad your mom's things arrived. And that you have Willie as a constant reminder too. You have been able to find the silver lining during such a difficult time in your life. You are a great example for those of us that will be dealing with death of a loved one in the future.

Patti - I had to laugh at your post, as a veggie, I've never had a cheesesteak. But - I definitely have local favorites that I have to rearrange my planning for. You did GREAT making everything fit your plan. I think that is a big key for me.

Karen31 - hope you get a nibble soon!

To all the rest of you wonderful GGs, I hope you have a great POP day
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #274  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Rosey, I love your reading about your parents. It just seems that they were such interesting people - running a canoe outfitters business, and later becoming a potter... that is just wonderful. I love the connection of your Mom reading by the light of your Dad's lamp, and now you have it to bring you comfort in their absence. That is the way we stay connected to the people we love and how they continue to live on. It's wonderful that the lamp, Willie, and your Mom's other possession have found a home with you.

Patti, great creativity about finding a way to fit that Cheesesteak into your point plan. You must have been really committed to the cause... Sounds delicious - I hope it was everything you thought it would be. (You're right - I have been awfully insensitive to those grapefruit. No wonder they're so bitter towards me... )

Joanne, hang in there with your Mom. This is a difficult time for all of you... I'm thinking of you and sending you (and her) my very best wishes.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #275  

S/C/G: Temporary Goal - 186/180/156

Height: 5'3"

Default Wow, it's Thursday already!

I can't believe how fast the weeks go the older I get!! It's Thursday again? I will have to weigh myself Saturday -- oooooooooo.

Laurie -- I am, and thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your consistent thoughtfulness to me and everyone.

Freda - eating and working a stressful job -- I know all about it -- I know I am being successful right now cause' I finally left a very stressful job -- kudos to you that you can continue on when working when you are stressed -- I know, it is hard!! But, of course, very doable!!!! Jeans? I have a size 10 jeans that have white out in the inside thighs they are so worn, and also a size 12's that I also use in between weigh in's -- depending on how much I weigh -- and, despite how crazy it might seem to others, it helps to motivate in the middle of things!! Whether we can first get them past our hips or not -- every little bit counts! Nevermind zipping them up, lol.
And yeah, I am going to buy myself flowers this week if I lose anything -- why not, let's be good to ourselves!.

Patti-phillygirl. LOL. This Jersey girl does not find you boring - I got a good laugh from your posts today -- and btw, I forgot how much you can eat on WW -- I generally stay under 1400 calories a day (using WW guidelines as a guide) -- but, you definitely look like you
eat much more than I do. It has to be the portions -- You are an advertisement for WW, girl!! You keep on going!!!

AkRosey - laughed when picturing the dogs romping down the hall at 3 am. and, your few chosen words, haha. I am so glad for you that they all get along -- thanks for sharing that, it made me have a big smile for the rest of the day!!

Lynn, where is the Dress for Success drop-off in NJ? And where were you born, raised and lived in Jersey until you were fifty. Now, I am nosey.
About the brownies, the bakery box is still secured shut w/tape in the fridge - neither John (DH) or I have touched them (we must really be getting old!). So far, so good. But, thanks for the suggestion of animal hairs, etc. -- during another panic, that certainly will help!! euuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Joanne - I am so sorry you are going through such stressful times -- my Mom had Alzeimer's the last, at least 10 years of her life, and it took a long time for my sisters and me to realize Mommy was not Mommy anymore -- it, at times, was a nightmare, and you just have to hang on to your sensibilities and realize this isn't (and she isn't) in the world you are used to being in, she is also lost, this is enormously frightening to her as well, I wish all of you the best, and you are all in my prayers.

Karen31 and Phyllis -- my fingers are crossed for the both of you -- as they have been. Good luck on the sales.

Birgit -- your BF and you shouldl do a scetch of the two of you -- you reading WW, and he scetching the dog -- it just might be a classic!!

YoYo -- LOL.

Zoe -- good to see you back - I was wondering where you were -- as for cell phones and answering machines - I am also the worst -- I rarely use my cell phone and we rarely listen to the answering machine to the house phone at all -- we get complaints from our family and friends all the time -- but, the great thing about the IPOD is that I can download what I want to hear -- not what the establishment, current government wants you to hear - you have a choice -- and there are many choices -- that's all.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:37 AM   #276  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I know, I know, I know, I have been horrble about posting. It has been so nuts around here. I dropped my fluidity bar on my foot on Monday morning...really busted up a big toe pretty bad and was stuck with it propped up for 2 days. Finally went to the doctor and he got the blood out of it and that made it much better. Missed school and my design work for both days. Have been trying to play catch up since Wednesday and am about caught up on everything.

I will go back and read posts as soon as I can. Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #277  

Good Morning Everyone,

We got our wish - woke up to beautifully falling snow!

Hi Rosey, Glad to heare all the dogs are getting along. About having loved ones' things around - I'm sitting here typing in my DH's shirt - I wear it as a bedshirt.

Hi Patty, now that I live in Pennsyltucky, I've come to appreciate the "finer" things in life - potholes, rednecks in pickup trucks, mummers, 5-stop $150 car inspections... However, I must admit, the pretzels and the chessesteaks "were" pretty special - unfortunately, I can't eat either anymore.

Hi Laurie, I'm eating more and more like a vegetarian - no more beef or eggs at all - still eat fish, cheese and chicken, but I could live without the chicken. I have to try to figure out some bean recipes with whole grains that won't spike my blood sugar. I'll experiment.

Hi Birgit, Are you getting some of today's East-coast snow?

Hi Michele, good luck on getting those flowers. I just received my Philly Flower Show tickets. Need those colors/scents at this time of year.
About NJ - born in Bergen county (Englewood) - Elem Sch in (Leonia) - HS in (Englewood). Moved to Middlesex county when I got married - my ex worked at Bell Labs & we lived in Matawan. Moved to Monmouth county when I left my ex (Long Branch). Moved down to Gloucester county after the divorce (Glassboro - worked at the college where I met my DH). Moved up to Mercer county to work at ETS in Princeton (lived in Lawrenceville). My sister and her family live in Sussex county - my brother's family lives in Passaic county. I go scrapping once a week down to Camden county - Voorhees.

Well, I don't think I'll drive to the gym this morning. I'm going to go downstairs and use the one in my condo. If I go early enough, I should be able to avoid the neighbors - nice folks, but I DO NOT want to discuss aggrevating topics while I'm exercising.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #278  

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
I know, I know, I know, I have been horrble about posting. It has been so nuts around here. I dropped my fluidity bar on my foot on Monday morning...really busted up a big toe pretty bad and was stuck with it propped up for 2 days. Finally went to the doctor and he got the blood out of it and that made it much better. Missed school and my design work for both days. Have been trying to play catch up since Wednesday and am about caught up on everything.

I will go back and read posts as soon as I can. Have a great Friday everyone!
Hi Cat,

SOOOO good to see you SOOOOO sorry about your toe.

OK what does "Balie nef, Blaie prope" mean?

Lynn
Old 02-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #279  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Lynn, "Balie nef, Blaie prope" is an old Crele saying ... "A new broom sweeps clean". More or less it means that starting over is sometimes the best road to take...a clean slate.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #280  

OK, I went downstairs, was doing my 60 minutes on the treadmill - got to around 45 min & in walks the Pres of the Association. Of course, he starts talking about all the problems. I could feel my blood pressure rising & it wasn't from the exercise. I finally told him that I didn't want to discuss these issues while I was exercising bc I found them stressful. Sooo - he moves on to politics!

I HATE exercising down there!

Lynn
Old 02-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #281  

S/C/G: Temporary Goal - 186/180/156

Height: 5'3"

Lynn, lol. And that is why an ipod is a good thing -- noone bothers me at the gym - I am totally plugged in to my own thing -- only good, positive stuff I want to listen to --
Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #282  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi again . . .

Yesterday was busy, busy, busy . . . but fun. Had chinese for lunch and my first birthday cake. Definitely staying away from the scale for a little while -- maybe the rest of the month. So far this has not been a good year for me.

Today . . . probably going to seem like an instant replay of yesterday . . . another lunch (Italian, this time) and another birthday cake; just different group of people. Oh well, by the end of Monday this 'special' (65th) will be behind me. Don't know why everybody insists this one has to be celebrated. I've told them all many times that I plan to be 50-something forever, anyway.

Still haven't gotten a good picture of Blizzard. He is still encased in his plastic hoodie and is getting more short-tempered with each passing day. He's is starting to make Miss Purrecious look like the epitome of patient kittycat . . . definitely not something for which calico/tortoiseshell kitties are famous.

Anyway . . . at least the weather is looking like an instant replay of yesterday, too -- sunny and cold. Unfortunately the forecast for the weekend is not sounding quite so kind.

Better get myself into the tub and ready for today's festive outing. Hope everybody has a great kind of a day on the go . . . See you later . . .
Old 02-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #283  
Onward and Downward

Oops . . . almost forgot . . . my DIL sent me these this morning and I thought they were kind of cute for a little Friday Funny . . .

Gentle thoughts for today.

Birds of a feather flock together and crap on your car.

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

He who hesitates is probably right.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are " XL."

If you think there is good in everybody, you have n't met everybody.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.

Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

First you forget names, then you forget faces. Then you forget to pull up your zipper. It's worse when you forget to pull it down.

Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today, it's called golf.

Change is what happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN. .!!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #284  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Well the healthy eating was pushed aside yestrday...my Birthday....and it started with a chocolate cookie cake from my co-workers and ended with dinner out and a chocolate cake at last nite's choir rehersal. Well, one day is ok I suppose. Back to reality!!

Lyn
Old 02-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #285  
Onward and Downward

Closed Thread