S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .
Old 10-14-2007, 12:03 AM   #122  
Starting over 11/03/16

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/299

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome losingin canada!

Donna - The pictures are beautiful. They look so happy.

The hoop has been an interesting experience. It had to be assembled so of course, I proscrastinated. I finally took the three minutes needed and put it together this week. When I saw 41 inches, I thought it would be small. For some reason, I was thinking circumference rather than diameter. It's huge. The biggest battle has been finding somewhere to use it where I don't hit the furniture. I may try the backyard next. I can keep it going for about 10 seconds. I must be hilarious to watch. It just seemed so much easier when I was ten years old!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Good morning,

Another beautiful fall day shaping up. I love these sunny, calm, cool days. I've been fighting some sort of stomach flu for the last couple of days. The kind where nothing stays in you. This morning I'm feeling a bit better and I weighed myself. Didn't lose and ounce! How can that be?!?

It's so good to here from you Cheryl . I'm glad you like your house. Pictures when you can.

Those pictures are beautiful, Donna, and they all look so happy and in love.

I'm not sure I could keep one up, JaxBarb. I was never very good at even the little ones.

losingincanada.

Talk later,
Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #124  
Onward and Downward

BARB . . . When you were ten, the hoops were a lot smaller . . . I've pretty much given up the idea (maybe when I get bored with Gadzella and Tramp), because I know I'd be having the same problem of finding a place to use it.

SETTIE . . . I know that feeling so well. It's amazing isn't it how the human body can react to things. Hang in there girl . . . hope you are feeling better.

Speaking of being ten -- well actually eleven -- I just finished watching a documentary about Hurricane Hazel, the worst storm that ever hit Toronto. Usually they kind of fizzle out by the time they cross all the land areas before they make it to Southern Ontario. It was October 15, 1954. We lived in the suburbs and the scariest part for me was the fact that my parents couldn't get home from work downtown and I spent a terrible night, in the dark all by myself (first time I'd ever stayed alone, too) thinking that the world was coming to an end. Since I moved down here, we get a lot of hurricane tails, but nothing that I remember as vividly as Hazel.

It's been raining off and on again around here, but for me, it was a great morning . . . up at 6:30 with a BGL of 5.8 (104) which is the best morning reading I've seen in the better part of two weeks. I have been sleeping until almost 8 am lately, wonder if that has anything to do with it. Maybe I'll have to start setting the alarm -- major bummer for we retired types.

Hope everybody has a great day . . .
Old 10-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #125  
Starting over 11/03/16

[QUOTE=meowee;1892366]BARB . . . When you were ten, the hoops were a lot smaller . . . I've pretty much given up the idea (maybe when I get bored with Gadzella and Tramp), because I know I'd be having the same problem of finding a place to use it.

When I was ten, I was a heck of a lot smaller too!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #126  
Onward and Downward

Morning Everybody . . .

Have a great day . . . see you later . . .
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

CHERYL: So glad you made it back to us.We sure did miss you. Take your time unpacking and just enjoy being there. We would love to see pictures of the house when you get around to it.

MEOWEE: Your experience with that hurricane when you were younger sounds scary. I'm a real coward, if I have to be in the dark, at that age I would have really freaked out. Glad you are sleeping better and that your BGL is looking better too. Maybe the extra rest is doing it.

BARB: Don't give up on that hoop,hey at our age who cares what we look like doing it. I'm tempted to go buy a cheap one to see if I can even do it before I try an expensive weighted one. They were always so much fun when we were 10 and slim !!!

DENISE: Sorry you have been ill. There is a lot of the stomach flu going on around here too. Luckily it hasn't reached me yet.

Good morning losingincanada hope you are having a good day

It was rainy and cool all weekend here so pretty much stayed indoors. Got some closets cleaned out and my guest bedroom ready for my m-i-l to come in December, well not quite ready want to put a coat of paint on it first. Today it is only going to be 48 that is going to seem pretty cool as it is overcast with chances of rain. Guess it is that time of year. Well my weigh in for this week wasn't as bad as I had expected, I gained 1 lb but I know I can get rid of it pretty easily.

Hope all of you have a wonderful week and thanks for the comments on my pictures.
"Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure" Brian Tracy
Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #128  
Starting over 11/03/16

I'll keep you posted Donna. I'm trying for that magic 30 second mark. At least I'm getting a good laugh if nothing else.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #129  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

The weather forecast around here is calling for mostly sunny today -- so -- naturally -- it's raining so far. Hopefully it will clear up because I do need to do a couple of errands and it's so much more pleasant to be out in good weather.

I've had a pretty busy morning picking up after the felines. Mouse threw up a hairball (and the rest of his stomach contents) on one of my new rugs sometime in the middle of the night. Then the kittens knocked over the brand new bottle of soda water I had opened to clean the rug and proceeded to roll it around the kitchen dumping the contents everywhere and playing happily in the resulting mess. Life is definitely not dull.

Found a comprehensive drug data-base link in my e:mail this morning and I just put it into the Sticky section. Hate to admit it, but we've hit that magical age when (almost) every trip to the doctor seems to get us a new or modified prescription for something. Have a look -- it even has pictures.

Anyway, I hope everybody has great plans for an exciting and fun kind of day . . . See you all later . . .
Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 191/178/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow, you girls are such a friendly group, thanks! I was out of town with my husband's work (a tagalong) and am just checking back in here. Thanks for everyone's hello's. I managed to put two on but as of this morning have it back off. Sure wish I had my husband's metabolism. He can sit down at night and snack for an hour and never gain. Grrr.... Meowee, got a good laugh with the cat story. I am a big cat lover too. Cheryl Where did you move to? We moved our belongings here in July. Still trying to find some things!BarbYour hoop reminds me of when I bought a twister board. Remember those?SettieHope you are feeling better this morning. Hi Cheryl. Everyone have a great day. Rozlyn

Last edited by losingincanada; 10-17-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

ROZLYN: Congratulations for getting that 2 lbs. off already,don't you just hate the way guys can eat constantly and never gain ? My DH is the same way, eats constantly after supper and still as slim as high school.Not fair.
I remember those twister boards, never owned one though, now they have twister seats, why can't you just use your dining or office chairs and get the same results ? Exercise equipment is big business.
Have a great day everyone else, just had a couple of minutes to check in
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #132  

I don't know if I have posted here before but I love losingincanada's avatar and I was born in NE where Donna is from. I enjoyed the wedding pictures. One of my son's was married in 2003 and the wedding parting rode in a horse drawn cart and my son drove his bride to the reception in a buggy. So fun!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #133  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning everybody . . .

Welcome to the group CAROL . . . I've seen you around the community from time to time, but it's nice to have you joining us, too.

Congrats on that 2 pounds sent packing, LOSING . . . feels great doesn't it?

Good question DONNA . . . there should be something out there that you could stick on the diningroom chair . . . like a heavy-weight 'lazy-susan' kind of apparatus.

Anyway . . . it's another coolish day around here -- 10C/50F s the predicted high -- and right now the sun is having difficulty making up it's mind too. Hay, nothing more exciting than laundry on my agenda anyway.

Have a great day everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you again soon . . .
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all of your concerns. I'm feeling much better - I even made it to the gym this morning.

Welcome Carol, it's always nice to have one more.

Those darn cats, Meowee. I guess you could think of all the extra work as your exercise.

to the rest of you.

Talk soon,
Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #135  
Starting over 11/03/16

I do remember Twister and fighting with my sisters and brother when we played. We'd all end up collapsing and start giggling then the fights would be over.
Closed Thread