Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #136  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Morning Gang . . .

Flu shot is part of my agenda for today . . . How about the rest of you ??????

See you later . . .
Old 10-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #137  

Oh, It's been raining heavily again here so the first thing to do was to move a few things in the basement out of the water. My DH finally called a guy to come remedy the problems or at least try. It always bugs him when the rain is bad and then he just forgets about it. I hate to nag. I've been rereading Fit for Life, and old book that has some great fruit and vegetable recipes. I need more of those. Linda, my son's fiance is from Cape Breton.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:11 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Good morning,

We've sure been getting our share of rain the last few days. A non-stop heavy drizzle. I guess the plants need it before the winter. Supposedly, we're back to sun tomorrow.

2 lbs gone this morning. I'm so happy.

Carole - I here you about water in the basement - not fun. Good luck with it.

eveyone.

Well, off to the gym. Talk later,
Old 10-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #139  

Great job on the 2 lb settie. I lost 1 last week and hoping for 2 more this week. I've been trying to exercise each day. The only aerobic thing I like is the eliptical....it gets you breathing hard without pain in the joints. I also do some special breathing exercises because of lung problems.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

WHEW !!!! The wind blew so hard yesterday I wasn't sure I'd still be here today. It blew 40-50 mph all day and every now and then a little shower would come through. Never got above 55 degrees. Just plain miserable and so was my attitude. BUT I just finished about 40 minutes of core exercises and I feel much better. Why do I procrastinate about exercise lately ? I know I feel better afterwards but I use all these excuses NOT to do them.
I have really been having trouble with my lactose intolerance, do any of you suffer with it and if so what do you do to make it better. I've tried several different pills and they just don't work for me. It can get so embarrassing at work some days, I try to avoid all dairy on days I work and sometimes the evenings before. I could use some HELP if anyone has some advice, any tried and true alternatives or cures???

CAROL: Glad to see you back, we did visit quite some time ago. Hope you will visit with us often. It is always fun to get new input.

DENISE: Good for you heading out to the gym, keep up the good work.

MEOWEE: What would you do with all your spare time if you didn't have your kitties to clean up after ?

CHERYL: Hope you didn't fall into one of those packing boxes, we miss hearing from you.

BARB AND ROZLYN: Hope the 2 of you are having a great day and some fun things planned for the weekend.

This cool, damp fall weather may keep all of us indoors more so we have to start thinking of ways to keep ourselves moving. What are some things you plan to do ? I have to force myself to get back on the treadmill, maybe we need to start some kind of challenge or contest for our group from now until Thanksgiving. So many minutes or something, I really need HELP, I'm losing ground but not weight!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE, DONNA

" A DIAMOND IS A CHUNK OF COAL THAT MADE GOOD UNDER PRESSURE"
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #141  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . it's afternoon already . . . I'm on the run today . . . see you later.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #142  

Donna, For health reasons, I can't have calcium so I drink Westsoy Organic soy milk. If I drink it plain I have to put a little flavoring in but it works great in recipes. I just loved milk before I had the calcium problems so this is a good substitute.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #143  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody . . .

It is pouring rain this morning. It is fairly warm though; so it could be worse. Kittens covered the bathroom in ripped up TP again in the middle of the night. Bless their pointed little teeth.

Luckily, I do not have any food allergies (that I'm aware of). Maybe that should be unluckily . . . if I were allergic to peanut butter or chocolate or ice cream it might be a good thing. Hey, I'd probably just find something else to lose control with.

Have a great moving and shaking day gang . . .
Old 10-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #144  
Onward and Downward

Old 10-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #145  
Onward and Downward

Anybody home
Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #146  

Hi Linda, I really thought I would lose 2lb this week but it didn't happen. Of course I'm discouraged but I'm trying to concentrate on the fact that I've been feeling better. So I will keep on keeping on.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Oh boy I'm sooo excited, my lack of exercise and not caring what I have been eating has paid off !!!! I gained 1.4 lbs this week.

Well maybe that isn't the right attitude!!! I promise you I am going to do better this week. I kept pretty busy this weekend, not official exercise but plenty of other kinds, tearing up flower beds and getting them cleaned up, up and down stairs doing laundry, ironing and cleaning out closets. I sure hope all of that counts. I did eat some bad things but I didn't eat a lot of anything all weekend and I started this morning off with a bowl of oatmeal.

Thanks Carole for the suggestion about Soy milk. I've tasted it but haven't used it for any length of time. I might give it a try, what can it hurt ??

Linda sounds like your kids are at it again,

We had a frost last night and supposed to again tonight. Guess it's a good thing I got my flowers out when I did. Hope all of you have a great day.

DONNA
Old 10-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #148  
Onward and Downward

Our weather is still running considerably above normal for this time of year -- another 70+ day with sunshine (well mostly) again today. Is supposed to be rather windy though.

Later . . .
Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #149  

meowee, The cool weather is coming your way!! I'm excited to see Nova Scotia one of these days since my son's fiancee is from Cape Breton.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #150  
Onward and Downward

Gee thanks Carol, I can hardly wait . . . BTW, I hope you get to Nova Scotia when the weather is good . . . I don't suggest February or March.

Anyway . . . Sorry to be the bearer of bad news . . . but it just never seems to stop . . . here's an article I just found in my e:mail in-box about the latest "invention" in the bad-for-us world of tampered-with food - specifically, fats . . .
http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...fake_fats.html

. . . it's from D:Life but obviously applicable to more than just those of us with Diabetes.
Closed Thread