Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #91  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I missed #19

Funny about the Green Stamps . . . even I had heard about them and to the best of my knowledge we never had them up here in Canada. BTW, I think that sounds like a great wedding present and a lot of fun too.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

How is everyone doing today? Again the wind is blowing here, I'm really getting tired of it, it wears me out.

BARB: Good job on losing 1.2 lbs. A weighted hula hoop, sounds fun. Be sure you let us know how that works.

LINDA: What exactly did you order for your exercises? Like you I would really have to shove stuff around to make room in my house.

DENISE: Hang in there the exercise will come

Well gals I may not make it back here this week. We leave on Friday to go out to Colorado for my daughters wedding. I will only be in the office one more day this week. Know that I will overeat and overdrink this weekend but I will work extra hard when I get home I promise. I need you gals to hold me to it too.

Everyone take care, DONNA
Old 10-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #93  
Starting over 11/03/16

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/299

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
I've been thinking of a hula hoop, but haven't seen anything except toys around here. Read an article that said an exercise hoop should be about half way between your waist and your bust-level and even though I'm a shorty, the toys don't even come close to my waist height -- where did you get yours?
I got it online at www.sports-hoop.com. They have an assortment of weights and sizes. I had been looking at local sports shops but hadn't been able to find any that carried the hoops.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Ladies,

I was woken up at 4:30 this morning by one of my girls and couldn't get back to sleep. Oh well, maybe I'll get more done today.

Congrats on the loss Barb. It sure feels great when it happens.

Have a wonderful time at the wedding Donna. Tell us all about it when you get back.

Meowee - I grew up in Manitoba and we had the green stamps. Maybe it depended on the chain you shopped at.

Well, off to see what I can get done. I finished all of my outdoor work yesterday so I guess it's some indoor stuff today...or, maybe some shopping?!

Talk soon,
Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #95  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Guess yesterday was our sunny treat for the week. It's overcast again, but the temperature is supposed to get into the low 20's (70F).

Have a great time at the wedding, DONNA. Dance a lot to help offset the good food offerings. I ordered the newest Tony Little Gazelle - the SprintMaster; and the Urban Rebounder mini-tramp - with a stability bar to keep me from bouncing off and landing on my head.

Thanks for that link, BARB. I'll take a look as soon as I finish this. My problem is that a lot of US suppliers do not ship to Canada.

Interesting, DENISE. Maybe my Mother just never collected them, or you are probably correct that not all chains would carry them.

Anyway . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day. Nothing too much on my planning board . . . hope to bounce around with Buddy Ball a little later. See you . . .
Old 10-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #96  
Starting over 11/03/16

Thanks Donna and Denise. It feels great to finally start to see some movement.

Enjoy your trip, Donna.

You're welcome Meowee. I found the company by searching on the web for weighted hoop. You may be able to locate one that way if this one doesn't ship to Canada.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:16 AM   #97  
Onward and Downward

Oh wow . . . I'm up too early . . . that should give me lots of time to get some more furniture rearranged so I can finally get GODZELLA the GAZELLE out of the box. Still amazed that it only took them three days to get it here.

Looks like the Buddy Ball as a computer seat experiment was a bit of a failure. Definitely could feel some good things happening in the abdominal area, but it was too low to type comfortably for more than a couple of minutes. After I spent all that time rearranging the computer room, too. Oh well, furniture pushing is good exercise, too. So he is looking for another home now.

I really want all this exercise equipment in the same room because I know I'll conveniently forget about it if it's to far out of sight. Think I'm going to remove the small desk I have in the sun/family room. I do keep eyeing the couch and wondering why I really need it. Guests would just have to sit on a piece of exercise equipment -- I do have other rooms for sitting -- the living room and the rec room downstairs (but no TV in the living room.

Just to add to the fun . . . that site you gave me actually has a Canadian subsidiary . . . thanks a million BARB . . . BTW, which model of hoop did you get? Guess I'm going to have to get one, too. At least it won't take yp too much room when not in use.

Guess I'd better go feed these cats, they are trying to tell me something that's for sure. I'll be back later with the local weather. Right now it's just dark out there.

Last edited by meowee; 10-04-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #98  
Starting over 11/03/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Just to add to the fun . . . that site you gave me actually has a Canadian subsidiary . . . thanks a million BARB . . . BTW, which model of hoop did you get? Guess I'm going to have to get one, too. At least it won't take yp too much room when not in use.

That's great Meowee! And you certainly do get up early. I'm one of those stay in bed until the last minute people. I got the 3 lb Acu Hoop Large. It sounded like it would be a good starter hoop. I'll probably try it out this weekend. I'm still trying to figure you which room has enough open floor space so I don't hit anything with it.

Let me know how you do with yours if you get one.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #99  
Starting over 11/03/16

Oops. Meowee - I just unwrapped my hoop and the one I bought says for 100 - 160 pounds. I didn't notice that when I ordered it. I'm going to have to exchange it. It's only 41 inches in diameter.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:33 AM   #100  
Onward and Downward

Just doing a quick HI before I fly . . .

You might want to try it first Barb -- I think most of them are about that diametre, but the weight varies -- heavier for heavier people -- hopefully it won't be long before you fit theat weight category. And besides, maybe it won't be as bad for the initial 'bruising stage' they mentioned if it's a little lighter?
Old 10-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #101  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . it's a beautiful day and the start of our long Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so hopefully the good weather will continue.

I'm exhausted and I ache everywhere after a great deal of furniture rearranging and new toy assembling has been going on since Wednesday. Both GADZELLA and the Urban TRAMP are in place and functional now . . . Yippee . . . and BUDDY has turned into a fine new compute chair since I gave him a little more air. Think I'll be fine with the Rebounder (although I will have to fight the cats for it since they've decided it makes a fine new bed) but it may take me a bit of time to conquer the Gazelle . . . it's

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang . . .
Old 10-07-2007, 08:22 AM   #102  
Onward and Downward

Hello again Meowee . . . . . . and anybody else that may be out there, too.

Nothing big in my plan of attack today -- will try to eat mostly turkey and veggies and go light on the potatoes, gravy, dressing (which I the best) and skip the pumpkin pie altogether -- should be really easy

Have a wonderful day, everybody.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #103  
Onward and Downward

Hi

Didn't do too badly . . . skipped all the 'bad' stuff yesterday . . . well, almost. I did eat a lot of stuffing, but no potatoes, no gravy, no pumpkin pie.

Hope to see some of you later . . .
Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 191/178/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I live in Toronto, Canada. I am just starting on this weight loss adventure and looking for support. Cool there is a site for 50 and over! I've been floating around 3fatchicks for a month. Trying to track calories and this seems to be working. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Last edited by losingincanada; 10-10-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #105  
Onward and Downward

to the group.

Quick . . . computer is suffering from that "toilet-seat-disease" today . . . hope to see you all later.
Closed Thread