S/C/G: 191/178/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Meowee for the Welcome!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone,

Hi Losingincanada - to our group.

It is sure feeling a lot like fall these days. I actually love the cooler weather but it's been so cloudy all the time - not normal for Winnipeg.

Nothing too new. Trying to keep on programme as much as I can. Some days it sure isn't easy.

How are all of your new 'toys' working out, Meowee? I hope you're having 'fun' with them.

Talk soon,
Old 10-11-2007, 11:47 AM   #108  

Thanks Settie You are doing great with your weight loss! I'm down 13 right now with a goal of 25 by Christmas. What program are you on?

Last edited by losingincanada; 10-11-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #109  

Thanks losingincanada,

I'm trying to eat healthy, ie. whole wheats and grains, lean protiens, varied types of veggies, etc. and I'm counting points on Weight Watchers. I did go to meetings a couple of years ago so I basically know the program. I'm doing it on my own this time with lots of help from 3FCs. I try to get out to the gym about 4 times a week and do some cardio - usually elliptical and some weights.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #110  

Well Settie, it's working for you. I have been on Weight Watchers also. Even made goal a couple of times. I'm counting calories with a basic knowledge of points and working the two together. Just thinking I need to join a Curves with this cold weather coming on. First year in Canada so I'm not quite sure how cold it will get.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Hello everyone, I finally made it back. Actually I have been back but my computer seems to have gotten gremlins while I was gone. I started this on Tuesday and then my computer decided to freeze up and not let me in or out of this or my e-mails. Thank goodness I could get in to the office programs. So I hope it doesn't go down while I'm doing this again.

First of all WELCOME to Losing, glad to have you join us.

OK, now to brag about my daughter's wedding. It was so beautiful. The weather was awful though. Very warm, better than snow, but so very windy. At the time of the ceremony it was blowing about 45 mph so awfully dirty. It was held in a camping area that was just beautiful,called the
Swinging Bridge Park. The entire bridal party was dressed in black jeans and boots and ivory shirts. The guys had black vests also and black hats. The bridegroom wore a different vest that was sort of a muted multi color. The girls carried bouquets of sunflowers and yellow daisies and calla lilies. The bride wore an ivory lace tea length dress and tall ivory and lace boots.Her bouquet was the same only larger than the girls. The groom arrived on
horseback and then the bridesmaids were on horseback led by the groomsmen. The ring bearer, the brides son, and the flower girl rode in on horseback and then he went back to get his mom. They each rode a horse and my husband led our daughters horse. As each arrived there were ushers to take the horses aside during the ceremony. The guests rode in and out on a hay rack and were seated on bales of straw. There was a band that played during the seating and as the bridal party arrived. It consisted of 2 guitars and a harmonica and they played the old time country music. It really was lovely and hard to describe, one of those things that"you had to be there"
I was thoroughly exhausted by Sunday. From where we parked to where the ceremony took place was about a quarter of a mile and we made the trip back and forth several times during the rehersal and the day of the wedding as we were trying to do the meet and greet thing and make sure our grandson was staying clean and was ready when he was suppose to be.
If I can I will put a couple of pictures on here.

MEOWEE: How are you doing with your new exercise equipment? Is your scale still banished to the corner? I didn't weigh before we left on Friday and I certainly didn't weigh when we got home !!!! I will this weekend and let you know how bad it was.

DENISE:How are things with you ?

BARB: The hoop sounds like fun, how's it going? Is it hard to get started on it, I'm afraid I'd throw something out of whack if I tried it.

Well it looks like I made it, so I'd better not press my luck. Till later, have a great day and enjoy this lovely fall weather. DONNA

Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #112  

Donna, that sounds like a wonderful wedding. Everything must have been so organized to have the horses cooperate so well. I'd love to see some pics. I'm so glad everything went well.

Losing - First year in Canada, eh? Where are you from? If you want to experience a real Canadian winter you need to be in Winnipeg. We laugh at Torontonians when they say it's cold. (just teasing) -40 is cold.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #113  

Settie, we moved here (Mississauga near Toronto) for my husbands job for 5 years. Relocated from Southern California. I think I'm glad we're not in Winnipeg!

Thanks for the welcome Donna. Your daughter's wedding sounded beautiful and very special. I bet you're exhausted now. You'll be surprised you probably walked off anything you ate that day! I would love to see pictures too.

Last edited by losingincanada; 10-11-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #114  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everybody . . .

OMG . . . LOSING . . . Your first winter in Canada . . . even in the "banana belt" of Southern Ontario, you are in for a rude awakening to the realities of life, chickie.

Wow . . . DONNA . . . that sounds like a really different and fun kind of wedding. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Okay gang . . . now for me . . . Sorry I was missing yesterday, but here's the story . . . I have good news and bad news . . . let's start with the good . . .

Had a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning yesterday. Went in expecting to be yelled at for cancelling my hysterectomy and for stopping my insulin. Amazingly enough, HE AGREED WITH BOTH. He wants to do more regular pap tests (oh joy) to keep an eye on Fibbie McGee, mind you. And he is not terribly happy with my most recent BGL numbers -- neither am I, of course. We've increased my Metformin back to maximum dose again and will see how that works out. For the moment, I'm free of insulin needles (at least for the next quarter) Soooo, I'm not afraid to go to sleep anymore. Can't get too excited though, because now I've really got to be more careful of how I'm eating.

And that brings us to the bad news . . .

Bumped into a couple of old friends at the doctor's office (of all places) and they kidnapped me and tied me up and force fed me both lunch and dinner before releasing me again . . . I stopped counting when I got to 2500 calories. This is not the way to get good BGL control. Definitely climbing back on the wagon today.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you all later . . .
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #115  

Default Wedding Photos

This is my daughter and grandson, I'm copying these from the photographers web page so I can't make them smaller so will send another big one of the bride and groom before the ceremony and one of the hay rack. Thanks Donna
Old 10-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #116  

Default Wedding Photos

This is Pam and Rudy
Old 10-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #117  

Default Wedding Photos

The hay rack that all the guests rode in and out on. It took about 15 minutes for each round trip and I think there were 5 trips. I will try to get one of me and DH to scare you with.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #118  

Meowee fortunately each day is a new day. I can't tell you how many times I've messed up but thankful for new days. Yes, it's getting pretty darn cold here now. Should be an interesting winter! Donna, the pictures are beautiful! Your daughter looks stunning and so happy. And what a cutie your grandson is. Happy Friday! Sabres game tomorrow night....have to take my carrots. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by losingincanada; 10-12-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #119  

Default I'm Back!

Good Morning Ladies... Finally got the phone/internet installed yesterday, so I'm happy to be back with all of you! I haven't had time to go back and read all of the post's, but will try to catch up on Monday.
We left North Dakota on Sept 28, and got to Salem, Oregon on Sept 30. Our realtor was nice enough to let us leave our Uhaul truck, trailer and car trailer with our car at her place for five days. We signed the closing papers on Oct 1, but didn't get to move into the house till Oct 4th. I was so stressed out at the end, the lender after papers were signed at closing, decided to verify my husband job in ND, and couldn't get a hold of anybody for two days, so that delayed us moving into the house.
We are in and the house is beautiful, the shop is huge, and we love it here. I'm still unpacking, will probably be at it for a week or so. Hubby left Wednesday to go back to ND to finish working at his job. He will be back next Saturday.
Haven't stepped on the scales, but know I'm will be up, but just for a short time.
Going to start back with Weight Watchers next week, have to locate a meeting place, plus buy some batteries for my scale, and see what they have to say.
I'm going to my daughter's for the weekend, so I'll be back on Monday.

Cheryl~
Old 10-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #120  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Back CHERYL . . . . . . We missed you. Glad things are settling down and that you like the house.

Yes indeed LOSING . . . . . . Each new day is a gift.
Closed Thread