3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   GETTING LIGHTER - Sept/Oct. 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/121803-getting-lighter-sept-oct-2007-a.html)

meowee 09-01-2007 10:40 AM

GETTING LIGHTER - Sept/Oct. 2007

Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

:welcome2: to our new place for the next couple of months . . . hope we'll all be seeing lots less of each other, lots more often ;) over the next couple of months. :yes: Since the name of our forum is Age 50+, thought I'd just call our thread "getting lighter" -- hope that's okay with everybody????

Wow, do I ever need this fresh new start this month. Suffice it to say, yesterday was not one of my finest days -- it included a lot of pizza and a lot of date squares -- :o -- and I suffered for it last night. Back on track this morning and looking forward to a great month.

See you all soon . . . :wave:

settie 09-01-2007 12:05 PM

Hello everyone - Happy September!

I just got back from a great workout. When I woke up this morning I decided September would be a new push. I've been off a bit lately - maybe its the cats.:) Now that they're here I can blame them for anything.

Yuuummmm, date squares... my favorite. It's a good thing I haven't made any lately.

Have a great weekend! ;)

ladyinweighting 09-01-2007 12:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind my dropping by. I'm one of the Golden Girls & I'd like to invite you all to join the September Challenge. See separate thread on this board.

Hope to see you posting on that Challenge thread.

Lynn

Cheryl120 09-01-2007 05:12 PM

Happy September 1st! The house hunting hasn't been going well for us. :( We made another offer on another place this afternoon, I drove 25 miles to fax the papers back and it cost $27.00 to do that! We have our fingers :crossed: that we won't be out bid on this one. It's a smaller house, only 1400 sq ft, but it has a 28X60 shop for hubby and will hold 6 cars. I will get my nice garden/soaking tub, and a very small yard to mow. The other bedrooms are small, but I will make one of them into my sewing room.

I'm us 3 pounds from two weeks ago, eating because I'm stressed. I've been up since 7 and packing car parts since 8 this morning. Trying very hard to bite my tougue where my hubby is concerned with all of his.....Bleep!!!!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend.

Cheryl :hug:

meowee 09-02-2007 09:22 AM

Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

Hope you are all enjoying a great "labourless" weekend. It's sunny and nice and cool around here -- just the kind of weather I love. Hope it continues for a long, long time. :yes: I managed to get rid of 3 of the 6 pounds I had gained after my Friday 'binge' -- guess that was the water-weight and the other three are mine to deal with (truth be known, all of last week wasn't too 'good' either :o) Hopefully I'll catch up (and even be below) my ticker-weight by the end of this month -- it simply will not move to the 'west'. :D

Cheryl :hug: . . . Certainly hope you get some good news in connection with the house hunting and DH's job hunting really, really soon and that you will soon be rid of your 'extra' weight, too.

Denise :hug: . . . It's absolutely the cats. ;) Glad to hear they are settling-in. How about the one with the little 'problem'? How is she doing? Did I mention, I've gone back to the clumping clay litter and mine seem to prefer it -- either that, or they are picking more obscure places to squat, and I haven't 'discovered' the spots yet. :(

Well, guess I'd better get myself in gear -- things to do and places to go. See you all really soon . . . :carrot:

settie 09-02-2007 12:14 PM

Hi all,

Meowee - Congrats on losing those three - maybe the other 3 will take a hint. ;) Didi has only had two 'accidents' and they have both been within a foot of her litterbox. I've decided she's much more picky about her litter being clean than the other one. So now when I clean her box I sprinkle a bit of clean litter on top - it's worked so far.

Cheryl - It must be tough to be house hunting from so far away. Hopefully something will come along soon. :hug:

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. ;)

Cheryl120 09-02-2007 09:14 PM

Evening ladies...Just popping in for a quick HELLO and to let you know we have a HOUSE!!!! I feel like a big weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, now for my hubby to get a job. I know it will all fall into place.

Till later,

Cheryl

settie 09-02-2007 09:33 PM

Congratulations Cheryl. You must be so relieved. When you get a chance you'll have to tell us all about it. I hope hubby hears something soon. ;)

meowee 09-03-2007 10:42 AM

Yippee CHERYL . . . :high: One big hurdle (the house) down -- one big hurdle (the job) to go down really soon. :crossed:

Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

Another gorgeous day around my neck of the woods -- comfy temperatures; lots of sunshine; low humidity -- perfect.

Hope everybody has a really great holiday Monday . . . see you later. :wave:

meowee 09-04-2007 09:43 AM

Good Morning . . . :wave:

Another gorgeous day . . . and I've got a bunch of things to do and a bunch of places to go . . . but I wanted to say HI and give you this link to a great new website I just discovered . . . http://agingwell.state.ny.us/fitness/index.htm . . . lots and lots of helpful information especially for those of us "approaching" middle-age. :lol:

Have a great one, everybody . . . see you all really soon . . . :carrot:

Donna72664 09-04-2007 03:24 PM

Quiz Tuesday

Good afternoon chickies, here it is "Quiz Tuesday" first the answers to last weeks questions.

#4. What chewing gum was named for a game of chance?
Black Jack
#5. What method did women use to make it look like they were wearing
nylon stockings during WWII due to rationing?
Leg painting
#6. What postwar car couldn't you tell if it was coming or going?
Studebaker

How did you do? Honestly I missed 5 and 6.Ok, here we go with this weeks

#7. Which was a popular candy when you were a kid?
A. Strips of dried peanut butter
B. Chocolate licorice bars
C. Wax coke bottles filled with colored sugar water

#8. How was Butch wax used?
A. Stiffen a flat top haircut so it stood up
B. Make floors shiny and prevent scuffing
C. On the wheels of roller skates to prevent rust

#9. Before inline skates, how did you keep your roller skates
on?
A. With clamps tightened with a skate key
B. With woven straps that crossed the foot
C. With long pieces of twine

OK good luck, I'll have the answers next week

meowee 09-04-2007 03:26 PM

C / A / A -- I think . . . at my age, things start to get fuzzy . . . :lol:

Donna72664 09-04-2007 03:54 PM

Did everyone have a great long weekend? I sure did, got in some exercise and some rest, but of course I ate a few of the wrong things and probably too much of them too. I quite honestly forgot to weigh in on Sunday, don't suppose that was my body's way of keeping me from getting my feelings hurt? Well I did weigh this morning and we just won't talk about it ;) Like the rest of you I think September is a great time for renewing. I just got my new Prevention Magazine today and it is going to be a great one. It is all about Perfect Health after 40. Well I'm way past that but in looking through it I did see some things that will help our age group also.

CHERYL: Glad to see you finally have a house. Now we just need to get your hubby a job and you will be all set to move. Hope things will go well from here on out. As for gaining that weight, don't worry about it, once you get to Oregon you will be so busy you will burn it all off and then some.

DENISE: Good luck on your "push" in September. Glad your little family is adjusting so well.

LINDA: Congrats!!! on your loss :hug: We know it just gets harder when they find their way on,but feels so good when they leave. Maybe we can make September a "GREAT" month for losses. I haven't had a chance to
check out that link you gave us, but since it is coming from you I know it will be worth the trip. Thanks.

HY: I have been watching the weather and I certainly hope you haven't melted away in that awful heat you are having. I heard that you might get clear down to 97 by Thursday. Sure hope you are finding ways of staying cool. We miss you around here, hope you will be back soon.

Must get going, time for my exercises as my day in the office is done.
Have a great one!!!!
:tread: DONNA

meowee 09-05-2007 03:44 AM

Hi . . . :wave:

Clock says it's morning . . . :coffee: is badly needed. Actually more sleep is badly needed, but the :coffee: will have to do, for now.

Hope the day is good for everybody . . . see you later.

Lady Jennelle 09-05-2007 07:09 AM

New to this thread

Hi everybody!

I've been on 3fatchicks off and on for awhile but hadn't been participating near as much as I should have ...

I've come to realize that I really do need the support of others and so I hope to join your thread.

It looks active but not so many people to where I get overwhelmed in trying to keep up with so many if ya know what I mean. :lol:

My name is Jennelle, I'm 51, divorced and have 2 grown kids and 6 grandkids and also one very spoiled cat.

I started months ago [probably closer to the 1st of the year] at 245 and this week I finally hit 203.6. What a great feeling!

My next goal is to hit 199 and I'm close to being there but the past 10 pounds have really been a struggle.

I seem to have been stuck going up and down the same 3 pounds for way too long.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. :)

Have a nice day!

Love,

Jennelle