Old 02-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 153

Height: 5’

Hi everyone, I am 50, married with 4 children, and 2 grandchildren. Only one child still at home and in college! I currently work as a civilian for the Dept of Army.

I love to travel, which as you know is super hard when trying to lose weight! I also like to go camping, boating and spend time with the kids and grandkids.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I am 5'0" and as of today I weigh 153. My highest weight was around 190. Once I hit 190 I had a Lap-band inserted and it was smooth sailing for the next 10 years. Okay not that smooth, as everyone who has had some kind of gastric bypass knows, IT IS HARD. After about 6 yrs. my band flipped, which is very painful and I had it replaced with another Lap-band. After the 10 year mark the band again flipped and I had it removed. I didn't want to, I actually considered living in pain as opposed to having it removed because this time the Dr would not replace it. Lap-bands were on the way out and because I had maintained my weight for so long he said “I know what to do when it comes do diet and exercise.” During the 10 years with the band i stayed consistently at 120-130lbs. Great weight for me. It has been two years since the removal and I've gained 30lbs with no end in sight. It brings back so many fears for me (as it does when anyone who has ever been overweight knows). In the last two years Ive been in and out of this and that diet. I joined weight watchers, did KETO 2x which kept me maintaining my weight but no weight loss, I went to a weight loss program with meds, but to no avail. I have kept a food journal, and used myfitness pal and still no results. Is it menopause? I just can’t lose a dang pound. I have also went from not working out to starting in Oct 2018 going 3 to 4 times a week to a high intensity class (Orange Theory) still no luck ! I do feel better overall with my workouts.

I went to Metabolic Research Center (MRC) 20 years ago and lost 60lbs but like everyone else has said when you start to “eat” off their plan you start gaining. I was thinking of trying that out again? Anyone else doing MRC?

What have you lost weight doing? I need help before my weight is out of control again!

Last edited by Diane50; 02-19-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Diane50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 235/161/125

Height: 5'2"

I am new. 68 years old. Was seeking a weight loss support forum for seniors. Was hoping this might be it, but noticed that the last posting was 2 months ago. Is anyone still active in this forum?
snowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 235/161/125

I am new. 68 years old. Was seeking a weight loss support forum for seniors. Was hoping this might be it, but noticed that the last posting was 2 months ago. Is anyone still active in this forum?
snowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #244  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

HI guys.. I'm in a lot of health and diet trouble....I need help! HI!
I'm Joleena CloudDancer Mogle, friends call me "Cloud". I'll be 65 the end of this month, Three kids,
7 grand-kids.I've always had a weight issue, but when I was younger I was able to keep my weight to where I was stage comfortable (performer).
When I had to stop performing and working...I packed in on. I went up to 240 and I just hit 5'.
I had weight loss surgery at 60 and lost my weight. I did great for three years and then stupidly
decided that I'd gain a it for the holidays and get it right back down. I live in Arizona and all
my friends and family are 1800 miles away, When they came out for a big visit...they all wanted
my holidays recipes and I though I'd enjoy, gain a bit and get it back off. Well...now I've
gained back 30 pounds! No mater what I do, I can't lose. I'm staying "NOT" low carbing any more. I do have
7 oz of Merlot wine in the evening, which I can't give up! I was hospitalized for severe insomnia....
hallucinating, the whole works, it was terrifying. Nothing makes me sleep. One Dr gave me
hydrocodone and it worked but I also became addicted and had to kick that, which was horrible!,
Nothing has had helped. Counseling, to see if it was psychological issue, every pill in the book
......finally, an old medication called "trazidone", combined with two Aleve PMs, and a glass of Merlot...a
actually works enough to where I am getting in 4 to 5 hours a night= I've switched to counting calories!!
First time in many years. I look forward to getting to know some of you guys.
I'm staying at 1000 cal and some days 800, as I am not able to do a lot of exercise. Sorry it's so long
LadyVatrovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:39 AM   #245  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

PERSONAL INFO: 65 today (Oct 20th) I'm ha;f Itaian and half Native American. I'm 5' 0". Married. 3 grown children, 7 grand-children. Born and raised in Daytona Beach Fla. 5 generation Floridian. Raised my family in Louisville, Ky. Now home is Arizona. I worked with animals for 35 years and fronted rock bands from the age of 13 to 54, a couple of them fairly successful. I love all creatures, and have three dogs, two cats, a parrot, a tortoise, a Mantis and four Tarantulas. All are rescues other than the Mantis and my Ts. I make my own jewelry, and do other crafts. This is my fourth and finally, a great marriage! 20 years last June. I have some health issues.

DIET / EXERCISE: I've always had a bit of a problem, but managed to keep myself just at stage comfortable. When I had to stop performing and working, I packed it on!! Up to 243. Health wise I really needed to get it off. I had WLS in 2014, got down to 170 which was awesome for me and I looked as if I was 130. I have very heavy bone density. I stared gaining back a year ago and I've gained 30 pounds, I lost it with low carb, but it just stopped working for me! Maybe age, I don't know! I started counting calories, and I seem to be better with it, but it's still tough!

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVEMENTS / CHALLENGES: I want this 30 pounds back off by Feb 2020! I have Lymphodema and my left leg can swell horribly. I have a hole in my heart and have some issues with that. I have arthritis all along my spine. I want to walk, but exercise is difficult for me as my left leg swells and my back. I use a cane. I do try to do moving exercises in a still body position. Moving my arms and trying to move legs slowly. I'm trying to not go over 1000 cal a day, and try to actually stay at 800 to 900. I have pic in my profile
LadyVatrovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #246  

Hi Lady! I'm here! I am interested in 1,000 cals a day. NOT sure it you're still around since your post is from October. I JUST joined tonight. Hoping for more activity in this thread! WHERE ARE ALL THE 50+ FOLKS??
MiraclesHappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:48 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

Hello, I am 57 and over 6 months lost 45 pounds so far, from 281 to 236. My height is 5’11”. My end goal is to get below 200 pounds but by doing it in a healthy manner. I am on a Real Appeal program where I track calories and steps daily. My calorie target is 1950 which has been tough - I usually have been in the 2200 range. however I exercise daily and average 15k steps per day. This has been a wonderful journey so far and I feel semi confident I can hit this goal by the end of the year.
Usc4valpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:17 AM   #248  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

53 here and coming back after several years away from this forum.

I was maintaining a reasonable weight (not at goal) as of January, but then I went off the rails.

Back on Optavia starting this week.

Thankful to touch base again with all the great ladies at 3FC!
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:28 PM   #249  

Default This audible book help me a lot, I use to hear it when driving to and from job,

This book has helped me a lot, it's in audible format (amazon), that means you can hear the book instead of read,, then you can hear it while driving.
I need 10 posts to include links, then this is the first one

Hope this help
midori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #250  

I'm 57 y/o 180lb 5' 7" tried Keto diet , did not lose any weight for a week, after that I've lost one to two lbs a week, while those following a keto diet typically see a drop of anywhere from two to ten pounds.
midori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #251  

Hi, I'm 66 years old, 5'7 and weigh 230 pounds. Boy trying to lose weight is a bear. Of course it's hard for me because I don't like a lot of healthy foods. Don't like a lot of vegetables unless they are so mushed that I can't taste them.

I have 2 cats, IPod and Snickers. I love sports, especially football. Love to read, paint on my tablet, and go online on FB and a few other sites.

Good luck to everyone on your journey.
tobybear54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Greetings from Tennessee

Good Morning to you!
My name is Donna (since there are several Donna's - or at least there used to be, I go by "TN Donna")
I've been on a weight loss journey for my entire life. One thing or another has derailed me. But this time I am fully committed and on the road to being healthy. This morning I finally hit the magical
"100 Pound Weight Loss".
And i am over the top excited! I am hoping to fine ONEderland by my 65th birthday - June 26th. Though the weight loss is slowing down, I'm not discouraged.

I am a Christian, and find strength and hope in the Lord. I've been singing in church choir for many years. I miss it! I have not returned to any large gatherings since Covid. And I am missing it so much!

I have 2 children. My daughter is 31 and my son is 20. I love them both dearly.
I also have a sweet Corgi named "Twinkie". I bet you can picture her! (She looks like a Twinkie!)

i have been using Intermittent Fasting to lose weight. I read the book "the Obesity Code" and it has changed my life. It has been the tool for successful weight loss for me.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Last edited by Change4Life; 02-25-2021 at 10:36 AM. Reason: mistake
Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #253  
Becoming A Better Me

Talking Back Again...

Hello Ladies...

Well, I'm here doing this thing again and I am so glad this forum is still around! I can't believe I remembered my old screen name and password even!

I joined in 2012 (45yrs old) and was really getting into my new weight loss lifestyle and then LIFE happened and I left of husband of 27 years taking our 13 year old daughter with me and letting my 2 grown sons know I was just done trying to keep a family together that was never meant to stay together. Moved back in with my parents and went back to work full-time 50> hours a week. Jump forward to now, I am 53 yrs old, I am now a "Gigi" to 9 grandchildren, 1 boy and 8 girls ranging in age from 16 years to 9 months. 5 of them are by blood, 4 of them are by heart but ALL of them are mine! I started this new journey June 15, 2020 during the rise of this crazy " new world order" and am currently 54 lbs down. I am doing calorie counting and trying to focus mainly on whole foods. Because that is what was working so well for me last time and I truly enjoyed it as I do now. I have recently added strength training to the mix as well because I just simply love weight lifting and training. I am a P.C.A. so for the most part my job is very sedentary and was a large factor to the weight gain, not to mention long hours of working and quick fix dinners and eating out a LOT. My health was basically going into a downward spiral with HBP, my triglycerides were through the roof and my glucose levels were at an all time high. My body hurt and I was basically just miserable and I put my foot down and decided I wanted to hang around a bit longer to enjoy being an active Gigi to my grands! I love being outside, working in my yard, walking my dogs, doing trail hikes, going to the beach and I couldn't even enjoy those things anymore but I am now and it's getting easier and easier all the time! I have 3 dogs, a female German Shepherd names Xena who is 3, a female hound mix named Dixie who is 8 and my BF had a male American bulldog who is 4 named Max who has become a Mama's boy! My BF of nearly 4 years isn't on this journey with me, I am on my own with this as I was back in the beginning only this time I won't let anyone or anything get in my way because I am doing what is best for ME from here on out! I am a huge horror movie and paranormal documentary and movie fan and would rather watch those types of things than basically anything else. As for music I listen to a wide range of genres depending on my mood or activity. I am pretty much an open book so feel free to ask me anything and I'll be as open and honest as I can be. I hope to get to chat with you like minded ladies as a way of support and motivation all the way around!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote