Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #91  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

OK. I'm putting this out there for purely therapeutic reasons. Then I'm going to try and let it go.

I've done so much to try and change this family's lifestyle. The way we eat, and encouraging my kids to exercise (we find fun ways for them to do it). I am a VERy self conscious person, and hate to exercise in front of people.. even my children. I told my husband tonight I wanted to use the wii to get in some exercise, and he said he wanted to watch a movie later. So, trying to be considerate to him, I decide to exercise right then. Even tho that means my kids are watching (or can see anyway), and he's watching, and I hate it. So I start, and every 4 minutes a kid is asking me something or doing something or bugging me. And HE"S asking me things (stupid things about games on facebook!). And the kids are supposed to be getting in bed and settled down, but they keep getting up and he's just completely ignoring them. I'm yelling at them, and highly, extremely frustrated and just getting downright MAD. But, evidentally, *I* am the only parent in this house, and who CARES if I'm trying to prevent a heart attack, or high blood pressure, or diabetes, or cancer, or kidney disease, or strokes (ALL of which run rampant in my family). Because, HE is too busy (with frontierville on facebook) to even concern himself. After about 20 min I just throw the wii controller in the chair and give up.

It's just not worth it.

Last edited by JackieHollow; 09-02-2010 at 10:26 PM.
JackieHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:13 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Jackie, I also had this problem, this is how I solved it, I made the headphone rule. I have an ipod shuffle with skull candy head phones, it was the first thing I bought myself last December when I first started my journey and it was the greatest investment I ever made. The house rule is this-when mom has her headphones-she is to be left alone, unless your bleeding, have a broken bone, or someone is dying, mom is NOT approachable when her headphones are on. I do not answer questions, I do not take phone calls. In the beginning my three teens, who should know better by the way, would try to approach me when my headphones were on, I usually wear them when I'm on the Wii. I did not flinch and after running them over a time or two, they got the hint. In fact, I hit my son in the jewels when I was bowling, it was hysterical!!! Needless to say that was the last time he bothered me when my headphones were on. The husband also caught on pretty quick, the first few times he approached me while I was on the Wii so I waited until he was in the bathroom-this is his quiet time and I would barge in and ask stupid question after question. The third time I did this, he got really upset. I asked him why he was aggitated and he answered it was because I was not respecting his need to have some time to himself. Really, you don't like that, I answered...I thought you did because you keep doing it to me. That was the last time that happened.
You have to stick to your guns, for me- 8 months later it's a totally different story. Not only do the kids respect my exercise time, I respect theirs. My son is Book Wyrm and my daughter Rainlady, here on the 300+ community. My son has lost 50 pounds, my daughter 17 pounds. I used to be self conscious too about exercising in front of people, now I just don't care because it turned out the best thing I did for my kids was to have them see me working my butt off. In fact my son gets up at 5:30 every morning before school to get a half an hour in on the Wii, he would have never done that 8 months ago, and that was his choice, not mine.
Don't give up, find a compromise that works for your family and that works for you. There's too much at stake to just quit and walk away.
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #93  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

aww jackie.. I could totally understand I think sweet cakes story was really encouraging! I hope that it helped you a little!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:15 AM   #94  

red- I know what it's like to just have one of those days! vent away chica! I hope tomorrow is better! your doing great dont let stuff get ya down!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:33 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

omgosh, i'm so happy i found this thread. I am so frustrated at this guy at the gym, the other day he comes up to me and introduces himself and says how he's noticed me and flashes me the sweetest smile (he's soo dreamy). It's been two days since that happened and he's been at the gym the same time as i have and i'm sure noticed me and hasn't said a word! I don't want to seem desperate and go up to him, but i really want him to talk to me. can you guys tell how terrible i am with men? i havn't dated in like a year, and havn't had a boyfriend in like 5.. i'm just at a loss
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #96  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

@therex Maybe the guy is shy too? Or maybe he mistook a signal or something? So many little things can convolute a situation like that.. understandable to be frustrated but don't let it make you retreat into your shell!
mamadoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #97  

sweets! You are Sooo right. And I won't let what happened last night stop me. I love the idea of the headphones. I'd love to do that. I may have to.

I know it will take time, and while I was frustrated at the kids, I was much more MAD at my husband. He's the adult, the one that should WANT me to be healthy. My kids are just that... kids. I expect that kind of stuff out of them, even if I don't like it.
I do agree that working out in front of them would be a great thing. My oldest (he's 12) has already started dropping weight (or at least inches) like crazy just from our change in eating habits and the occasional exercise they do. I always want to enforce exercise as part of their schoolwork. BUT, have always thought if *I* won't do it, how can I really make them? LOL So that's fixing to change!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:57 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 381/373/150

I'm so mad at myself. I put on 2lb this week. I am not happy. Yes, I went out yesterday for a family meal, yes I had a slice of cake and some icecream, but the rest of the week I was damn good, I've worked out, I've followed the plan... feel like a failure today and just want to crawl into my hole and cry.
MrsOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #99  

MrsOrange even though you followed your plan all week it only takes one dinner out to screw things up. But don't lose hope because it's more then likely sodium from the dinner out. I recently went to a bunch of websites for all the restaurants we usually eat at and most of the things I would normally eat have sodium levels in the thousands. So just drink an extra lot of water and flush, flush, flush. Give it a few days and I'll bet next weigh in is a good one.

Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 335/T/160

Height: 5'8

Default bad day

So, I fell off plan today. Not world ending, I just went for fast food for dinner (lots of different reasons why). I knew it wasn't good and I knew it wasn't on my plan. However, I did pretty good the rest of the day, and I know tomorrow is another day that I can do great. We're all going to make mistakes, right?

Well, anyway, my two co-workers that are doing WW with me found out (well, they asked what i had eaten and I told them). So, instead of say something like "get back on plan - you can do it", they were MEAN. It's like they were judging me for making a mistake. Trust me, I feel guilty enough. There's nothing I can do about the food I ate NOW. The only thing I can do is change so it doesn't happen in the future. I got texts saying "well, now you're going to gain back all the weight you lost". Even I know that won't happen. I've lost 15 lbs. One fast food meal MAY make me gain a pound or two, but certainly not 15.

Anyway, I've turned off my phone because I'm tired of being made to feel like crap. My own mind (when it wants to), can do that perfectly well and does not need help. Just wanted to vent. I am admitting I made a mistake. I will do my best to hope it doesn't happen again. it's not the end of the world. I take responsibility for it. THE END.

okay, I feel better now.
redumbrella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #101  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redumbrella1 View Post
So, instead of say something like "get back on plan - you can do it", they were MEAN. It's like they were judging me for making a mistake. Trust me, I feel guilty enough. There's nothing I can do about the food I ate NOW. The only thing I can do is change so it doesn't happen in the future. I got texts saying "well, now you're going to gain back all the weight you lost". Even I know that won't happen. I've lost 15 lbs. One fast food meal MAY make me gain a pound or two, but certainly not 15.
That's far from positive support. I'd politely tell them to eat my right butt cheek and a few other not so polite things that I won't share with the forum.

Hang in there. You'll be ok.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 335/T/160

Height: 5'8

Pretty much did. I'm not doing this for them, or to prove anything to THEM. it's for me. Only me. I'm the one that has to live with my choices, not them.

I worked out for an hour tonight, and set my alarm early so I can go use the workout center at my work tomorrow morning before work. One day at a time.
redumbrella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #103  

guess it's my turn again already.

Today was my parent's 35 anniversary. So my kids decided to do a "dinner theater" for them, make them dinner, had menus, candles, a skit and a song, along with fancy "french" waiters . They did great. It was very sweet. We (well, I, but I let the kids take the credit) made a ton of food, planning on taking home whatever was left for our supper. The main thing that was left was a pan of poppyseed chicken (I knew most of it would be left), and a few potatoes.

Larry and I came and sat down while the kids made their plates. I was exhausted so I just relaxed for a bit. When I got back up to go eat, 2 of my kids (my 11 adn 12 yr old boys) had eaten nearly a WHOLE CASSEROLE all by themselvs!! It was gone, and only one serving had been eaten at my parents house! There's NOTHING left in this house to eat unless I cook it. No way. so no supper for me tonight.

Oh I did eat a brownie when we made them for the dessert. Guess that was my supper.

And what's worse is my husband had no supper to speak of either. He managed to make a salad. But after leaving the house at 5:20 and not getting home til almost 7, I know he wants more than a stupid salad. I am sooooo aggravated with those 2. My daughter didn't eat any, my youngest son just had a small amount. The older 2 had huge plates full and I guess got a 2nd huge plate full. I'm disgusted by the amount of calories they ingested, and disappointed in the fact that they KNEW their daddy nor I either one had eaten supper.

Anyway. I had to vent. All will be well tomorrow. I'll go fill up on water.

Last edited by JackieHollow; 09-06-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:46 AM   #104  

Jackie, to put it simply.- THAT SUCKS! sorry you had to go go to bed on empty tummys!
Old 09-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #105  

UGH! Had myself all prepared to have several hours of me time after I droped my son off at school. NOT!!!
I noticed my mom was still pretty congested even after finishing her antibiotics last week so I decided she needed to see her doctor again. Now her head cold has turned into full blown bronchitis.
I also noticed an abcess on her tush when helping her into the shower 2 nights ago and the doctor had to lance it and drain it. Will have to do warm compresses every 2 hours for the next couple of days.
So I guess I'll shoot for some me time next week.
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote