Old 08-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 329.6/322.8/120

Height: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
I'm not gonna rant and rave with this vent. Just gonna be a quick one.

I learningtoliveagain a.k.a. Learn totally Detest Dementia!
I know what you mean...learning...it is just starting to affect my grandmother at the age of 98. She keeps begging me to explain why it is happening, but I have nothing to tell her. When I visited her at her assisted living apartment, she asked me why God did not take her before this happened. It is so hard.
Jaleril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #47  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

ags- that is just aweful I feel so sorry for jordin. but you are such a great mama I'm glad you were able to throw something together so last minute! i bet it was a blast and she appreciated it!

lolcat wow I had something VERY similar happen to me today too! not exactly but basically I got a call from my om saying some people had made some assumptions about me, not only that but they were going around telling people their version of the truth they were very misunderstood abtout a situation I was in and so now they've told a bunch of people lies.. ugh I got so angry too I said if you want to know my business so bad come to me! dont go asking other people! I think I would know about MY OWN situation a little better then other who only know something based on lies! ughhhhh!

anyways I understand your frustration! come here and vent away anytime you need! thats what this is for! whether it's petty or not some times we just have to get stuff off our chest!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Default RIP Teddy <3

My lovely dog Teddy passed away today he was 10yrs and 4months old.. its my first death experience and I feel awkward..its so wierd looking outside the window and not seeing him anymore..He is truely loved and missed... <3
RisenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenDestiny View Post
My lovely dog Teddy passed away today he was 10yrs and 4months old.. its my first death experience and I feel awkward..its so wierd looking outside the window and not seeing him anymore..He is truely loved and missed... <3
Hugs to you - I'll hug my pups close today!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenDestiny View Post

So sorry for your lose. I have been through it many times and it always hurts like it's the first. It will get easier as the days pass. I will hug my black lab, Peanut extra today for you.

Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaleril View Post
I know what you mean...learning...it is just starting to affect my grandmother at the age of 98. She keeps begging me to explain why it is happening, but I have nothing to tell her. When I visited her at her assisted living apartment, she asked me why God did not take her before this happened. It is so hard.
Thank you Jaleril! Wow, 98 years old is amazing, my mom will be 84 in november and yesterday was just a particularly ruff day for her. As I say sometimes to myself, "Some days are diamonds, some days are stones!"

Learn
Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Thanks guys! I think my other dog Lucky (now 5yrs) didnt realize hes alone yet..I dont even wanna think about how he must feel.. Gonna go for a long walk with him now..thanks again for caring <3
RisenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #53  

UHG! It's been raining since I woke up at 4:30 this morning (w/ thunder & lightning), so my plans for hitting the pool at 8 am. have been deterred.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #54  

risen I have lost one dog before and it's like losing a family member today- its alright to feel sad. I know I'll be devastated when my Dog Isa passes away, I might seriously need a day or two off of work it would be that bad... mourn as much as you need. each day will get easier and remember you gave her a good life and lots of happy memories!

learn Sorry about the rain ruining your plans

as for me TOM is still here and I want to drop kick him like a foot ball if thats possible.. lol
Old 08-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #55  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

I went to the farmers market today - a 30 min trip out of my way - and the produce is nearly 3x as expensive as the market.

my husband and I went to look at a house today. he asked over and over again for my HONEST opinion. It was a dump, with tiny rooms in a lousy neighborhood with so so schools. When I told him, he fought with me and then stormed out of our house. :/

Last edited by dcapulet; 08-21-2010 at 03:16 PM.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #56  

d cap- sounds like a miserable day
Old 08-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #57  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Here's what happened. This summer I signed up for classes, I went to the financial aid office, they told me that everything was ok, go to class. I did that, then I get a letter in the mail saying I did have funding. I dropped the class -I only went twice-then I get a bill saying I owe this money. That was in June. So, I appeal it and I wait to hear something and they still say I owe the money and I tell them I dropped it in time, so I don't. So then they take all of my classed I registered for and dropped them for the fall.. I called the MBA office and said, hey what's up with my appeal. He says that it went through and I don't know what's up. So now I'm just in a holding pattern. I know I don't owe the money, but they won't take it off my bill! I can't deal with this monday because I'm having my throat stretched and I won't be able to deal with this! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
Here's what happened. This summer I signed up for classes, I went to the financial aid office, they told me that everything was ok, go to class. I did that, then I get a letter in the mail saying I did have funding. I dropped the class -I only went twice-then I get a bill saying I owe this money. That was in June. So, I appeal it and I wait to hear something and they still say I owe the money and I tell them I dropped it in time, so I don't. So then they take all of my classed I registered for and dropped them for the fall.. I called the MBA office and said, hey what's up with my appeal. He says that it went through and I don't know what's up. So now I'm just in a holding pattern. I know I don't owe the money, but they won't take it off my bill! I can't deal with this monday because I'm having my throat stretched and I won't be able to deal with this! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Calm down and take a deep breath, relax and get through the throat thing on monday. There's always tuesday. Sounds like a serious miscommunication on they're part.

Learn
Old 08-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #59  

Oh shia! I hate when people can't get the business in line! ughh how very unprofessional of them!

I agree with learn take a few deep breaths try not to deal with it now, focus on your health and the procedure your getting done on Monday and then deal with it- But I must admit I would be suppppppper ticked off!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #60  

Default Warning: I Brake For Animals You Idiot!

WARNING: I BRAKE FOR ANIMALS...
So shut the h*** up and go around me!

So I'm making a quick run to the grocery store and about 3 miles into my drive I see a few cars ahead of me swerving around something in the road and can hear them honking they're horns. When I get up to what they were swerving around, it's a young raccoon just standing in the middle of the road. It appeared disoriented or maybe sick, but I wasn't going to just pass it by only to see it splattered all over the pavement on my way home, so I stopped right next to it. I lightly tapped my horn to see if it would move on and it did, right under my jeep. I kept watching out my side view mirrors to see it come out the other side, but of course not. It took refuge under my jeep. So I just sat there with the flashers on so people would maybe go around me slowly.
First car stops next to me and says, "Why are you just sitting there?" I said, "Because there's a raccoon under my jeep." They just drive away. Well about 4 or 5 more cars do the same thing. It took a half dozen people to drive by before someone actually pulled off the road to assist me. This gentleman came out of his truck with a bag of potato chips and tried to lure the raccoon out from under my jeep. It wasn't hungry! Like I said it was disoriented or sick, but anyway the rustling of the chip bag actually scared him into the grass and we just kinda shooed him into the nearby woods.

I'm just amazed how stupid and uncaring some people can be when it comes to animals that we are driving out of they're natural habitats. It's not like they couldn't see him under there, he was young, but not that small, about 10 lbs.
Anyway on my way home from the store I slowed down where we shooed him into the woods and I could still see him so I tried to call wildlife control to let them know of a possible sick (maybe rabies) raccoon and of course they are not open on sundays. So I've been thinking about that poor raccoon all day.

I'm just frustrated at how rude people can be sometimes.

Signed,
Raccoon lover in Florida!