Old 08-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #31  

Default Short, But Not Sweet!

I'm not gonna rant and rave with this vent. Just gonna be a quick one.

I learningtoliveagain a.k.a. Learn totally Detest Dementia!
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #32  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliK View Post
DEE: I just gotta say I'm incredibly *jealous* of the brain that could come up with the screen name of "IdivorcedBenandJerry." GENIUS!!!! And welcome!!!
I was going to post that I loved Dee's screen name, too!!

Very funny, Dee!!!

dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #33  

Here are my vents (this reminds me of the Complaints Choirs! LOL):

My CRM at work thinks I am an idiot because he doesn't like the numbers I pull. My boss's boss thinks I want to work every evening until 7:00pm whenever she requests. (antidote: I am looking for a new job)

I told a longtime friend she could stay at my house for a month while she is in town visiting family. What she didn't say is that she also expects to eat all my food, use all my toiletries, and expects me to provide transportation to wherever she needs to go. (antidote: I've finally learned how to set boundaries)
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #34  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

learn I remember watching both my great grandparents fade away from dementia.. I agree it's a detestable thing.. ugh.. sorry it's getting you so down today.

hya sounds like your friend in a moocher! how annoying! good job setting those boundaries though!

as for me my back is still out.TOM is still here and I've been eating like crap because it's all I can do is lay in bed and eat.. ugh... this has been a bad week
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #35  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Learn,
if it makes you feel any better, I detest dementia too, great not feeling it alone I hope.

Hy,
You found two great strengths and positives in that, like I say, if it doesn't kill ya, it will only make you stronger.

Maria,
put down the junk and get some magazines NOW, momma said!!!! Feel better sweetie.

Dee, I love you screename too!!!
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #36  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Somebody please make it go away!!!! TOM has been here for 12 out of the last 20 days this month!!!

GO AWAY TOM!!
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #37  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

School is telling me I owe them $1000 and if I want to finish I have until next Friday to do it. I don't have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinmintintraining View Post

Somebody please make it go away!!!! TOM has been here for 12 out of the last 20 days this month!!!

GO AWAY TOM!!
O.K. Tom, your outta here! Put em' up, put em' up!

Old 08-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
School is telling me I owe them $1000 and if I want to finish I have until next Friday to do it. I don't have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shia,
I'm so sorry to hear that. Why on earth are they only giving you a week to come up with $1000.00? That's crazy!
Old 08-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #40  
Portland Oregon

S/C/G: 353/319/180

Quote:
DEE: I just gotta say I'm incredibly *jealous* of the brain that could come up with the screen name of "IdivorcedBenandJerry." GENIUS!!!! And welcome!!!

Thanks Lilik!
I was addicted to Ben and Jerry ice cream. Any flavor, any time. I credit them for making me the 300 plus size woman I am today. (of course I couldnt blame myself now could I??) Since I've been on the Ideal Protein diet, they haven't been coming around much. Hence the inspiration for my screen name!
Good luck to you!!
I was

Last edited by IdivorcedBenandJerry; 08-20-2010 at 06:41 PM.
IdivorcedBenandJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #41  
Portland Oregon

S/C/G: 353/319/180

Quote:
I was going to post that I loved Dee's screen name, too!!

Very funny, Dee!!!

You guys give me way too much credit! But I'm glad I can make you laugh!!
IdivorcedBenandJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #42  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

stella TOM is is being awful to me too right now ugh it's awful the cramps, the bloating, the cravings, the back ache not to mention my back is out noooo good!

shia! $1000- are they serious! oohh I'd be so mad too!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #43  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Learn - LOL! I luv it! Thanks! Hopefully that will put him to travelling!!

Shia - OMGravy! I hate to hear that! Maybe they have you confused with somebody else, yeah, that has to be it!

IdivorcedBenandJerry - I'm with the others!! Great screen name!

maria - TOM is just a big meany!! I hope you feel better soon!
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #44  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Today was my daughter Jordan's 23rd birthday and her best friend told her over a week ago that she was throwing her a party. Jordan was so excited when she told her to start inviting people she wanted to come to the party. Yesterday, all of a sudden she wasn't going to do it anymore, no reason just not. Don't know what happened, or who peed in her corn flakes, but bam the party was off. My daughter's feelings were so hurt, so I had to do something, I called around got some family and friends together in litteraly hours, got a cake, ice cream and huge tray of sandwiches and pop, a wonderful gift, balloons and cards. She was happy. But why oh why would a best friend do that to someone she supposedly cares so much about. I will have to pray about this before I face her again.

Stella we will kick Tom's butt when we catch him, okay.

Shia, why so little time and do you even really owe it?

Dee, super duper good reason.

My poor Maria, hope this past quickly.

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-20-2010 at 10:53 PM.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #45  
weight, be gone!

S/C/G: 227/191/125

Height: 5' 4"

Maria, this thread is a really great idea!!

I wasn't going to post, what I'm crabby about right now really shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's so petty compared to what everyone else has going on, but if I don't get rid of it, it'll fester, so here goes.
I have lupus, and I'm in a bad flare this week. The really really bad ones are rare, only about once every 18 months, and they usually last about 3 weeks. I took some time off work this week because I'm just so exhausted. My joints are screaming, it hurts to even hold a pen. I could only take 3 days, so I went back yesterday. One of my coworkers asked me what was going on, and remarked that I still looked horrible. I'm very forthright, so I told her exactly what was going on.
At lunch, she asked me what medications I'm on, how frequently I have flares, what other issues I have with it... It started to get uncomfortable. Well, later in the day she approached me (while I was talking to someone else, whom did NOT know of my illness) and said, "Which form of lupus do you have? There are 7 forms, you know." Okay, so by this point I'm upset. What right does she have to question me about my illness? So the other coworker tries to defuse by making a comment about a relative that is having difficulty getting a diagnosis for an illness. I replied that the doctors in my hometown never did confirm the exact form of arthritis in my spine. So the interrogator pipes up, "Oh, no, no, you do not have arthritis! You have lupus! What do you think lupus IS? It is arthritis of the entire BODY!" and she says this with this insufferable SMIRK that I just wanted to wipe off her face...but I calmly replied, "I also happen to have arthritis of the spine that has nothing to do with my lupus." She repeated that no i do not.... so I told her that my spinal arthritis is unrelated because it began much earlier than the lupus due to a spinal fracture. She didn't seem to like that very well, and walked away (finally!!!!). I approached her later and asked her if she knew anyone that has lupus. She said no, it was just thought at one point that perhaps she had it. So I'm just angry now that she's acting like she knows more about my body and illnesses than I do, and she has no basis for her "expertise".... she is not a doctor, an RN, an LPN, or even a CTNA and never has been. We're glorified Administrative Assistants, for crying out loud.
Now if she had approached it all like "I was worried about you, are you okay, oh goodness sorry to hear that what are they doing for you" I would have been grateful. This wasn't how it was approached at all, I felt like I had been transported back into the Spanish Inquisition. Then there was blabbing it in front of people, and that know-it-all SMIRK!!!

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Luckily she was off today so I have until Monday to compose myself!!

Okay.... so, I'm sure that I'm probably just taking things wrong. I'm always more emotional when I'm ill, and to top it all off TOM liked his visit so much last month I think he's going to arrive early and wreak extra havoc this month.

Sorry for the rambling story!!

Thanks again for a venting thread!!
lolcat is offline   Reply With Quote