Old 08-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #61  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

awww learn! I'm a big animal lover too! I'd have done exactly that! we have a racoon that comes eats outta our cat dish almost every night we call him bandit! he knows us but isn't too scared of us.. I think if we really tried he'd let us pet him,, of course I dont allow it because I know wild animals are still wild animals and unpredictable but it' hard not to get attached and love those little fellows! they are adorable! You did the right thing! I know what you mean how your thinking about him.. I saved a squirrel last year and I brought him to the wild life rescue center I still wonder about him to this day if he lived or not how he ended up...
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:30 PM   #62  

Maria-this is our resident raccoon. He/she loves it's Meow Mix!
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #63  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

My guy friend (now without benefits) lives a state away. We had a major blowup last weekend due to him being an insensitive jackarse and me being overly sensitive and hormonal. We've been arguing all week. It boils down to him genuinely liking me as a friend but disliking certain aspects of my personality (that reminds him of his ex-wife) and that he prefers a different body type, which is fine--different strokes. So, I'm f-able, but not someone he'd date.

*sigh* He wants me in his life even w/o the benefits, but I'm too hurt to really want him in mine.

Screw him.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:58 AM   #64  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

AZ-

I hope you don't take offence to this- but he sounds like a MAJOR jerk who was just out for a booty call! and I would seriously consider kicking him outta your life completely! You don't need a user like that your worth more then a piece of booty, I wouldn't give him the time of day .. I'd tell him to loose your number and forget you exist because it sounds like he'd like to keep you hanging by a string with the whole "oh we can still be friends line" that really means " I don't want to commit to you because I think I might be able to find better but I dont want you to move on because i'd like to get a little piece in the future if ever the desire strikes me "

no way not uh! I'm an old fashion girl before I was married I never would do one night stands or the friends with benefits thing... I made out with plenty of guys - but I never gave up the goodies, and it saved me a lot of heart ache...

just know your worth more then that your worthy of someones love,heart and commitment,

Last edited by mariamherrera; 08-23-2010 at 01:59 AM.
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Sunrises View Post
My guy friend (now without benefits) lives a state away. We had a major blowup last weekend due to him being an insensitive jackarse and me being overly sensitive and hormonal. We've been arguing all week. It boils down to him genuinely liking me as a friend but disliking certain aspects of my personality (that reminds him of his ex-wife) and that he prefers a different body type, which is fine--different strokes. So, I'm f-able, but not someone he'd date.

*sigh* He wants me in his life even w/o the benefits, but I'm too hurt to really want him in mine.

Screw him.
AZ Sunrises, I am going through a very very similar thing. LD relationship, arguing all week, "feels love" for me but can't say he loves me (it's been over a year). I agree with your decision to not want to be in each others' lives after being hurt.

I think LD relationships are difficult because there isn't an opportunity for pheromones to mix.

Last edited by Hyacinth; 08-23-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi to you all! I've read the positives thread but often I'm more of a venting person, sadly! It wasn't always the case; divorce (awful husband, drugs, not working, lies, beat me & hit our child etc...) and having met second hubby I thought things were looking up, had two kids they both have special needs & frankly I wonder 'Why me?' Anyway ... I truly sympathise with those having TOM issues, I cry, shout & feel like an axe murderer or something at these times.
Learn you are SO good to stop for the raccoon, I hope it got help.
My rant is people walking out into the ROAD! My parents live at the seaside (We live in the UK & it's a typical British Seaside resort, rock, donkeys, candyfloss (cotton candy?) amusement arcades etc) and we visited last week for a few days, it was ****! People not using the crossings or just walking out before the lights changed, people just walking into the road with SMALL CHILDREN/BABIES in buggies without EVEN LOOKING FIRST! There were people walking into the road as the pavements were busy...boy with TOM here too I was SO glad hubby drives & not me! Even when walking people were pushing me, (I walk very quickly, even if I wasn't fat) stopping dead to look in windows without moving in sp people could get past, my boys were almost knocked down by people not looking....oooh I was incandescent with fury.
Thanks I feel better now!
xxxxx sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm here, I'm here, I'm just not sure I have anything positive to say I've been so anxious/worried/dreading-like-the-plague about my class starting on Wed I've been back to my old ways. Not totally, I'm trying to make better lousy choices like at least getting diet soda instead of 800 calories of regular. But I'm here, and I am NOT going to give up. I think I just have to get through that first day, to find out if I'll fit in the seats, to see who my classmates are, I'm just so scared. Living with anxiety is almost crippling sometimes. My mind is racing the second I wake up, and getting junk food seems to calm me for a bit, but I know that's wrong! If I were not so flipping overweight, I wouldn't be scared of the class in the first place! *face-palm*
Kitsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Kitsey, I think everyone starting new courses, jobs etc would sympathise with you. WTG on the diet pop, every bit helps you know! Try to focus on other stuff & go with the flow, I bet most, if not all your classmates will be feeling some kind of fears & there will be other people worried about those stupid seats with attatched tables & fitting in them. HUGS xxxxx Let me/us know how it goes (I've been there myself but in the UK & I was ALWAYS the biggest female in my classes-I survived, lol!)
xxxxxx sharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 08-24-2010 at 08:01 AM.
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Hi All,

Little Rants for me:
The (insert profanity) scale has not moved even though I have been good with my intake and exercising. Is it time to get the old sledgehammer out yet and send that thing to scale (&#%?

A class I really want to take is likely to be cancelled due to low enrollment.

I feel like a lazy loser when I look at the housework that piles up(even though I do a fair share a day-I never catch up).

The classes that I am going to take are already stressing me. Even though I have lost weight, I am still worried about my giant flabozoid tummy making it impossible to fit into a desk.

I want to comfort eat all the time.

Thanks for this thread!
CatWuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #70  

CatWuv - I wonder if you could sneak into the school and test out one of the desks?

My vent today is similar to my last - noncommittal, indecisive men who aren't sure if they love you or not.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #71  

OMG! It's still raining! I can't take it anymore, four days of no swimming!
Make it
stop!
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #72  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

AZ I agree with Maria-kick him out of you life right now! You deserve better than that!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #73  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

He's far too polite to ever say anything negative unless questioned directly...which while I was in a hormonal rage, I did. One of the things I like best about him is that he won't lie to me, even if he thinks the truth will upset me.

We started as a fling, and it developed into a genuine friendship over many months. I was upset and temporarily forgot about that last part...and keeping that in mind, the benefits ending is really irrelevant.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Angry

Hi All,

Follow-up to my mini rant about fitting into college desks with attached chairs.
Ok, I did manage to fit into one of those hateful things with very little room to spare. That's great but now I want to rant about how some of the other folks in my class could not fit and there was only one small table with free chairs in the classroom. These are tiny desks-not comfortable for the skinny types. Regular tables and chairs would be so much nicer and I could spread my papers and books out better.
CatWuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #75  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm really pissed! The tuition issue is not fixed!!!! So, now I can't go to class unless I come up with $650.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote