Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

163.8 Yesterday wasn't a very good day. I had 2 bagels with strawberry cream cheese (I haven't had a bagel in about a year, and I decided, what the ****), a porkchop for breakfast and one for lunch, AND a box of jr mints. I did feel bad about it, but I figured I'd use it to officially kickstart my lowered calories today. I'll try that out for a few weeks, and if that doesn't work, I'll increase my exercise.

We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. Hopefully some sort of drop. Just to recap: I do NOT eat like that every day, or even very often. It was just "one of those days."

@WendeeLou hey, good to see you here. I thought you were already here! Guess not. I just dropped my calories to 1200. This should be fun/interesting lol. And congrats on kicking the soda! I remember your topic about it- once you get used to not having it, most of it won't taste as great as you remember, thus eliminating most of the want for it. I still have it with pizza, though. Pizza+pop=heaven. :P anyway welcome and good luck!

Last edited by yhahmd; 05-05-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #407  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhahmd View Post
once you get used to not having it, most of it won't taste as great as you remember, thus eliminating most of the want for it.
I totally agree with this. I used to drink like 3 or 4 cans of mt.dew a day. I couldn't quit it! Then I discovered coke, and after a few months worked my way down to 1 can of coke a day. I tried to drink my bf's mt dew a few weeks ago.. just a sip.. NO thank you! I don't know how I ever drank that stuff.. bleh. But now I haven't had pop in about 4 days, minus a few sips yesterday because I was having some trouble staying up. Thank god for caffeinated tea. Even though it's slightly sweetened, it's only 50cal/glass instead of 150 or so for a can of pop.

Today I weighed in at 166. I've been losing really well these past few days. Sure beats being stuck at 169/170 for 3 weeks.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

kelli, that sounds painful! You're already on the right path by switching up what you're drinking. Huge differences can happen quickly just by cutting pop out. I've been pop free for at least 12 years. Really not a fan of the taste at all now. Take care of yourself and don't get back to running before it's time! Ligament damage takes time to heal.

aliquot, If I were you, I'd go for the peppermint tea. It's a natural energy booster! Good luck with your exam! (don't get too stressed!)

countryhomeschoolin, WTG with being so close to "normal"! Must feel good!

LNM, That's awesome that you've achieved your first mini goal . And as for what the bootcamp ppl recommend, no one can say what your goal is except you. And really, how on earth are we supposed to know what our goal is until we get there? I know I feel and look good at 170. Focusing on working out in different ways will likely drop me down into the 160s easy at that point. But I've met girls around my height that look fabulous at 150-155. Who the *F* knows what I should aim for?

Quillie, another "normal" BMI achievement! That's awesome! And I know how excited you must be... read on to learn why

Wendee, Welcome to this part of the 3FC world! You're more than welcome to stay for as long as you like . Sounds like you have some good initiatives going on. The whole healthy lifestyle is built on constantly educating yourself on how to read your body and identify what works the best at any given time. We are all works in progress and it's all about taking the positive and most natural approach (when possible). Looking forward to hearing your successes!

yhahmd, I can't remember the last time I had a bagel! Sounds tasty.

OKAY! So! I've got news! I hopped on the scale this morning (even though i said I wouldn't), and guess what..... I'm 178.6!!! Do you know what that means??? I'm "NORMAL" for BMI!!! I haven't seen anything around that number in 2+ years!!! Even though this morning started out crazy (I forgot my wallet and had to call my DH to pay for my gas or I wouldn't have made it to my office), I'm in a great flippin mood. LoL
I told my DH that he has to hide the scale again (I accidentally found it after 2 months) so that I can go another stretch of time without obsessing about the number fluctuations. I feel that was the key to me being able to finally peel off the last 10 lbs after so long bouncing around the same numbers.
(And apparently I can't stop myself from weighing if it's there. That's after saying that I can hold off.) Have an excellent Thursday all!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #409  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

160.2 today. Ate pizza last night :/ But .4 is nothing. I'm going to slam water today & be back in the 150s tomorrow

Happy Thursday!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #410  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

prepping - sorry, peppermint tea sounds awful lol, I hate that herbal-y tasting stuff. I like fruity teas (LOVE http://www.republicoftea.com/product.aspx?p=V00579) or plain old earl grey. Either way, I drink diet soda anyways, always have. I hate the taste of regular. And don't anyone start to lecture me on artificial sweetener because you do not want to get into it with me. Although, I do think I am going to take your lead and hide the scale for a while. During exam times I don't sleep much and the stress always affects my weight superficially and I'd like to not have that number adding to my stress right now!

kelli21 - my boyfriend lost about 70 pounds from switching to diet soda (he used to drink multiple 20oz bottles of regular mountain dew a day) and playing disc golf a couple times a week with his buddies. So, drinking cals really does make a big difference, I guess you don't really realize how much is actually in there when you're drinking, you know?

yhahmd - Mmmm bagel..../makes homer simpson drooling noise And strawberry cream cheese is AMAZING. I used to love it on chocolate chip bagels lol

Last edited by aliquot; 05-05-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #411  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

prepping - I am solid below the waist. solid muscle. It's in my genes. I've got body builders and professional athletes on my dads side. If I remember right, I looked ok at 144, but will probably try for 135-130. That's only 20lbs....wow. That's really not all that far away!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #412  

Default Amazing weight loss

Hello

There are so many fantastic weight loss stories on this forum. I would love to hear more about them could you please e-mail joe.famousfeatures(@)gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you

Cheers

Joe
Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #413  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am excited to be here and share my success and of course, struggles!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #414  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

yhahmd- Oh hey!! *waves* the other thread just kinda went to poo.. no one is posting or anything so I thought I would venture out!!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #415  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Oh ladies, the end of this semester is really kicking my bum. Can it please be next Saturday already?

I'm challenging myself to cook and feed my family from our CSA boxes this summer. Really excited about eating more veggies/ experiencing new foods. This is not strictly a weightloss thing, but my "diet" is really based on two principles.

Limit calories (prefer under 1500 per day)
Eat healthy food- (As often as I can I want to choose real food, not junk)

So, I"m excited about the CSA's starting!

Last edited by SunnyMathChick; 05-05-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #416  
I WILL make it!

S/C/G: 220/186/160

Height: 5'8 ~ 51 years

Awesome Quillie congrats on being normal weight. We are the same height. I am wearing a size 12....are you about the same?
Old 05-06-2011, 03:32 AM   #417  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

@countryhomeschoolin I also wear a 12, I can't wait to fit into a 10, I keep on thinking I'll finally look normal then. I was/am a real apple though, so I have a lot of extra skin on my stomach.

162 this morning, hopefully 161 by the end of the week! (yes I really want to be in the 150's)
Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #418  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

169 even, a new low this morning before my final final of the semester. Nice.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #419  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

161.2 today. I went ahead and changed my ticker, this number is here to stay.

I really want to stray from the c25k program and see just how long I can run. I rant for 22 minutes on the last day of week 5, and could have kept going. I didn't go very far or fast, but I kept moving. I think I went almost 2 miles....hmmm....
Old 05-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #420  
I WILL make it!

S/C/G: 220/186/160

Height: 5'8 ~ 51 years

Quillie I also am apple shaped but I added more mufas to my diet to decrease belly fat and it has really helped.
Closed Thread