Old 12-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #106  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

Starmac oooo mortified lol
katvee&kawaii thank yoooou

I have decided to take down the huge mirror in my living room that my landlord didn't even really give us the chance to decline. It's not even real glass so it has this hall of mirrors distorting effect to it. It is impossible to not look at yourself 200 times a day with a mirror that big so it's got to go.
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Linds, wicked the musical?! i wanna see that!! they are showing it here, but wtf am i gonna go with songs in freakin japanese?? i went to see CATS with my friend for her bday last year (in japanese) and honestly, it was freakin terrible... the songs just didn't fit the language... it was so weird, haha... anyways, have a good time and i wish you clearer roads!!

FPSJ, yay for ticker updatage!! i'm kinda itching to change mine too! moooove, scale! mooove! have good holidays too!

katvee, i better put this page on favorite so i can remember this recipe when i'm hope! (no oven here) sounds yum! oh, and 30DS.... did day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg, 2 more! f*ck, i hate level 3... lol!

MiZ, sorry about TOM making you all gloomy! it'll be better in a few days... hmm... use that gift card to get something for you! you don't know if this guy is worth a new outfit yet, hahaha... hope you win those tickets! do you actually like her? i remember one time at my part-time job in uni (selling cosmetics in a big chain of drugstores) we won tix to go see the Spice Girls on their reunion tour. and it was really silly, but kinda awesome at the same time. haha.

the Bunneh, feel free to jump in! we all were newbs at one point oh and btw, you are SO cute! (provided that's you in your avatar pic...)

Lianna, i hear you! TOM is evil, and so is the scale!!!

argh... morning.... well, it's friday for me folks! and THANK GOD!!! i do feel a bit better than the whole rest of this week, but it's probably because i know that this is the last day! haha! facebook wasn't working earlier though, what's up with that?! it is my drug!! it better be on when i get to work later...

scale kept hovering between 76.4 and 76.6 this morning, so i'm just gonna pretend that it was .6 and then be really happy when i see a real .4 i have a goodbye party/dinner for my friend tonight, and though i am excited about it, i am not excited about its implications on my diet... it's an izakaya and it's usually pretty hard to make good choices at those places considering it's a "set" menu and you have no control over the food that comes. it's also "all you can drink" and i don't even feel like drinking anyways cuz it's just empty calories and i don't have any particular desire to "get wild" tonight, haha... anyways, wish me luck!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #108  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

KawaiiCandie - Yes, it's me in my avatar. Thank you. I took it after I got my hair cut last month. It's the first time I've had it short in about 4 or 5 years. I was very excited about it. I still like it, but definitely ready to grow it out now, lol.

Oh, and facebook wasn't working for me earlier today either. But then I tried it in Firefox (I use Opera as my main browser) and it worked fine. And now it's working in Opera again. Go figure.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 12-16-2010 at 05:17 PM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey Everyone. Not really much to say today. Stayed w/in my calories and exercised for about 40 minutes! So yey. Been busy getting everything ready for Christmas! All ya'll ladies ready?
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #110  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Hey everyone!

So I had a small victory this morning. I really wanted a smoothie and a hot breakfast and the whole way to work, I battled with myself- "sausage McMuffin and smoothie? Or not? What to do... I know what I should do but it just sounds so good! Ughhh!" Well, I ended up driving straight to work and having my yogurt and water! And ya know what? That muffin still sounds good but I don't regret not getting it!

I've been out late everyday this week and haven't gotten to the gym since Monday! Tomorrow is the last day of work until Christmas break, and I plan on working out hard tomorrow and every morning until I head home to Ohio for 5 days!

Keep up the great work, girls!
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:46 PM   #111  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Today was the school "marathon" race and I was watching from the sidelines longingly. I know it's for the best as my foot is still not healed but it just sucked watching everyone else run. I felt REALLY sorry for the boys who are suited more for sumo than marathons; the boys had to run 8 km so around 5 miles, and by the end of it the slowest boys had literal circles of athletic classmates running around them singing and cheering them on.

I didn't binge yesterday (yay!) and saw a small scale loss this morning to 126.3 lbs/57.3 kg. Today I am having rather large meals and will probably eat ~ 2000 calories. Going out for okonomiyaki (cabbage pancake thing grilled on a griddle) tonight. I typically drown it in mayo but I am going to experiment with eating it plain (and then end up slathering it in mayo when I have food envy of the people I'm eating with, all of whom are a little overweight and eat whatever they want).

Food Pusher Sensei just asked FOUR TIMES if I want extra rice balls. I said "NOPE DON'T NEED IT ALREADY ATE TWO" and refused. I should lose ten pounds instantly for that.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #112  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Krampus - glad I am not alone on being late. Maybe you could put the mayo on the side rather than drowning it in it. Way to say no to the ones who insist you eat more food. Feeling content is way better than regretting that last bite.

FPSJ - have a safe flight.

kaeleh - those are the victories we love. its definitely something to be proud of. You, my dear, deserve a dance. When I was 16 then only reason i wanted my driver's license was so that I could drive to mcdonalds and burger king to get breakfast. thank god i changed my tune.

JNL - heck no! But I am more prepared that I have been in years past. I have my list and know exactly how much I need to spend. Its more the food I am worried about. I'm debating between having a small amount of what everyone else has or making a few of my own dishes. All i know is there will be a HUGE salad in the works with tangerine balsamic vinegar.

kawaii - have a great time tonight. and from all the posts on here recently, a little food indulgence has made the scale gone down. What type of food is usually served? 2 more days of 30DS. You got this!

TheBunneh -

What to say? It finally snowed and they closed work early. Despite the weather I still made it to the gym. I am gearing up to run a 10k in april. I convinced my dad to run it too. This is going to get interesting. He only lifts weights and looks like a 5'10" hercules. SO he thinks its going to be easy. Little does he know that some guy last year said the same thing. Week 2 of the training make him eat his words. I can't wait.
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:10 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

bunneh, it looks nice yeah, it's working fine now, i guess it was just down momentarily?

kaelah, every little victory counts! besides, when you crave something like that, just tell yourself that it's not worth it. it's only ok to eat off plan when it's worth it. haha.

krampy, i can't believe you were ENVYING those running kids!!! you crazy person... and okonomiyaki, yum! maybe you could just eat it with a tiny bit of mayo? if you don't use mayo, you still gonna put sauce on it? should be okay with just the sauce, although i'm not sure it's any healthier than the mayo, eheh....

starmac, i know! two more days!!!! but tonight is a break since i am going out. i actually can't believed that i have done it on 5 consecutive days this week. oh and, this is izakaya food. http://www.wataya.jp/wataya/images/menu_izakaya-big.jpg this is not where i'm going but izakayas all pretty much serve the same thing. they have healthier things like salads and sashimi, and the rest of the menu is pretty much fried stuff. but like i said, it'll be a set so i can't pick and chose what i want. it's usually a bunch of dishes that everyone shares from. eating less is doable, but it kinda makes me grown when the bill is 30$ + ... who wants to pay 30 bucks to not eat and drink?!?! but anyways... to be continued, i guess!! lol

i have only one more hour of work to go now and i am SO EXCITED that it's finally the weekend. after this, only 2 more work days before i fly home! wohoo!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #114  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Down 2.6 from last Friday!!! Only 11.8 pounds to goal!!! SO CLOSE!
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

I'm so grouchy and bloated today from TOM! UUGGGHHH! I hate it!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #116  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Kawaii - The cute outfit is for me, but I'm also buying one for going out. haha or I might not and just got home and sleep for a few hours instead :P and you got to see the SPICE GIRLS, seriously that is badass I totally wanted to go to that concert! and yes I won't the tickets, well my friend did but we going on sunday yay! Shes okay I like some of her songs haven't heard them all.

=======================
So my weight is 159, but I'm soo puffed up and bloated from TOM I look like I'm 10 pounds more...RIDICULOUS! By the way my date went well lastnight, except there was no za za zu. Like he was cool and we had alot of stuff in common but I dunno he seems like more of a friend type then a boyfriend type. But who knows, maybe as time progresses things will evolve. I'm on date number 2 tonight. Wish me luck. =]

So I
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #117  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Oookay. So I ate twice as much as I should have yesterday - but I logged it, tracked it and accounted for it (still within my weekly WW points) so I'm okay with that. Yesterday was a ROUGH day, but today is better.

I didn't want to exercise this morning - I wanted to stay in my comfy, flannel sheeted bed, but I did it. I got up and did 45 minutes on the Arc Trainer (despite my screaming calves) and then did my crunches and push ups. Tomorrow I'm going to just run. I have a lot of pent up aggression, so I'm going to jump on that treadmill and just go until I fall off of it.

I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend, so I'm going to have a lot of me time, which is kind of awesome.

Happy Friday (Saturday) ladies!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #118  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default Whole Wheat Spaghetti

So, I looked it up online several places, and they all say the same thing - that 1 cup cooked whole wheat spaghetti is 175 calories. That's it?!?? It can't be serious. I refuse to believe it - 1 cup full of cooked pasta is a lot of pasta.

Does anyone know if this is true? Because I am more than dubious. Way, way more.

On the incredibly thin chance it's true, how much dry makes 1 cup cooked? (And I have no scales, so an amount would be better for me). The boxes say 2 oz dry is like 190-200 calories, but can <2oz dry pasta make 1 cup cooked? I doubt it, but I don't know.

KawaiiCandie: I do the same thing with the scale. I'll accept the heaviest weight a lot of times, even if I don't like it.
Have a good time at the party! And I agree - I turn down alcohol way more often now. Sad, but true.

JLNichols07: Congrats on staying on plan and on the exercise! That's great! And as for being ready for Christmas, I'd say not yet. But I love this time of year, so that's okay!

kaelah: Wow, that's awesome! It's so hard to resist sometimes.

stellarosa27: Half the battle is staying accountable. You've done that - yay! And making yourself exercise is good, too! That's the one I struggle with quite a bit.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-17-2010 at 04:05 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #119  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Usually 2 oz of whole wheat pasta has 200 calories. I don't weigh my food so I can't give a cup measurement. When I track my calories, I never know if the cup measurements are dry or cooked noodles. Check over on the Calorie Counters forum. I may go peak over there too because this is something that I have been questioning myself.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #120  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

2 oz of dry pasta is about 1/2-3/4 cup, depending on the type, and that comes out to about 1 cup cooked. All the brands I've seen are around 200 calories for a serving, though.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote