Old 07-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #226  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Ohh Tailee, I feel you on the break up. It has been a while but I was engaged to what seemed like the love of my love a few years ago. He was my bestfriend. He always listened to me. He thought I looked beautiful every moment of everyday, even when I was drunk and passed out. We did everything together. I ended up being the breaker upper. It was for my own good. I am still young, at the time I was 19. He wanted marriage and kids right then and I wanted to wait to finish college (he had dropped out of highschool) I was slowly gaining more and more weight. He started to notice in the end but he didn't mind as much as I did. Even though I am the one that ended it, it was heart breaking and I sobbed daily for weeks. I am tearing up now just thinking about it. Men have some way of getting to us. What I can tell you is that you will probably never be able to get over this but over time it will fade to a point where you don't think about it anymore and finally a day will go by where you don't see something that reminds you of him. Then another day, and another. I still wonder what my ex is doing today and if he is still mad at me but I don't obsess over it anymore. It's an acceptance. Guys are a creature that can move on from one thing to the next without much observation. They get over things easier because they don't think about it like we do. He may have completely checked out of the relationship before you knew anything was wrong or you may have seen some signs that made you wonder about his commitment. I know I mentally checked out of my relationship with Juan months before I actually got up the nerve to end it. What do they say- the stages of grief are simple-denial, guilt, anger, depression and acceptance.

You'll get there baby girl. Congratulations on your weightloss thus far. It must feel amazing to finally get to a new decade. I'm still fighting to get to the 260's!

PS. You got me all teary eyed!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #227  
Oneder Bound

Oh and on the daily weighing- I don't recommend it unless you are exercising 7 days a week. I weight myself daily for a long time and I would get so frustrated. I really became obsessed. I definitely think it is possibly to not become obsessed but it is very dificult to avoid. As soon as you slip up and eat something bad the next morning you'll want to weight yourself. It's inevitable. Now my weightloss buddy and I weigh in every Thursday. If possibly, try to move it to once every three days at the most!

I don't know if this was helpful. It was very hard for me to not weight myself everyday but I got there.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #228  
Oneder Bound

Ladies- A new topic for you.

Shopping.

I really can not wait to go shopping at all the stores I missed out on in highschool. I can't wait to go shopping at Charlotte Russe, Forever21, New York & Co, Victoria Secret, and those no name fashion stores in malls. I hate going in there now with friends. I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb and the skinny Paris Hilton little girls all stare at me (it seems).

I just can't wait. What are other places you ladies want to shop at?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #229  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Shelly - I totally want to shop at Victorias secret, and I want to wear dresses and heals again sooo bad. I wore heals all the time when my weight was healthy.

I'm down to 257!!! Waaahoooo!!!! I'm in the July weight loss challenge, my goal is 250 by the end of July, at this rate I will beat that.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #230  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Shelly - I'm with you, Victoria Secrets and Fred's of Hollywood are going to be the first stores I go into. Then I'm hitting up the Galleria in Dallas and will probably go nuts! Going back to all the stores I used to back before all the pregnancies.

Sarah - Way to go! I bet you will kick those 7lbs by the end of the month. You are doing fantastic.

As for me, my first shipment of wonderslim came in yesterday and I've opened it, organized it all and read the instructions. Can't wait to get started with it tomorrow! I also have a OBGYN appt next Monday, should be able to hear baby's heart beat this time around and set up the ultrasound to see what sex baby is.

Sounds like all of you ladies are doing fantastic!! Keep up the great work girls!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #231  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Glen - AWWWW baby heart beat!
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #232  
Oneder Bound

Sarah-I have an entired half of my closet dedicated to my heels. I haven't worn them in years but I set them up all pretty so I can see them taunt me. It's depressing. I can't wait to wear them again. I love my taste in heels! Good luck with your July challenge girl! You got this!

I'm kinda slackin on my 40 in 4 challenge. I have about 13 weeks until my mom gets here and I am only down 14. I have 26 to go. 2 a week! UGH!

Glenlorie-you'll have to let us know how the Wonderslim works out for you! HAve fun with the OBGYN!

I was feeling like such a schlub this weekend and was really bringing myself down. I was telling my weight loss buddy about it and thought she tried to help to remind me of why I am doing this, I could tell she was sick of my attitude. So I finally got my *** off my couch and went to the gym. Did the treadmill for an hour this time and I feel 1000000X better! God what a revelation. Exercise makes you feel happy! Thank God for body chemistry.

I hope everyone is doing well! Keep us updated!!
Old 07-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #233  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Im having a bad day! My daily WI today was a big jump up, from 242.6 to 246.8. I figure I must of eaten something with too much sodium or something. I wont let it get to me too bad because I know its likely just water weight..but gerr.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #234  
Oneder Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix301 View Post
Im having a bad day! My daily WI today was a big jump up, from 242.6 to 246.8. I figure I must of eaten something with too much sodium or something. I wont let it get to me too bad because I know its likely just water weight..but gerr.
Girl, don't weigh everyday. You may not be making a big deal out of it but cognitively you are. It will ale you for the rest of the day until you weigh in tomorrow...and you may very well not see a very big difference. It may be water weight and it may not be. What are you doing weighing yourself in the middle of the day anyway?? Are you trying to depress yourself??

I say this with true empathy and am not meaning to put you down at all so please don't take what I have said offensively. I am a previous daily weigher and am now down to once a week. If I wasn't on a strict deadline for my weightloss then I would probably only weigh myself every other week or once a month. It's a vicious cycle and you'll always wonder why you are up 1 or down .5 every other day. I am against daily weighing but if it works for you, who am I to say anything. Do what you feel is the best thing for your both physically and mentally. We have to remember that our journey is about a lot more than our waistlines. Our minds will also be adjusting to quite a bit along the way.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #235  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Tired
Hungry but no taste for anything here
Irritable
Menstrual
Evil
Cramping
Hot

I don't even want to be awake right now. A helluva way to start off a new week. No workout today for sure. Haven't counted calories in 3 days and today could very well be number 4. Since I can't go back to sleep since I have to cook dinner (that I won't be eating) I'm going to play Sims 3 until something gives.

I'm going to have a square of dark chocolate right now. Good day all.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #236  
In it for the long haul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellydeFlores View Post
It will ale you for the rest of the day until you weigh in tomorrow...and you may very well not see a very big difference. It may be water weight and it may not be. What are you doing weighing yourself in the middle of the day anyway?? Are you trying to depress yourself??
Nah, I dont weigh in at the middle of the day, I just sometimes dont get to post it until then. I really dont let it bother me too much, I dont think about it all the time or anything, and I am used to my weight going on a 'roller coaster' ride at times. I dont normally have a big jump like this without it being water weight. I sometimes have no choice but to eat moms cooking, and I cant control how much sodium it might have in it or whatever. I just try to watch how much I eat.

I really have to mess up big time in order for my weight to jump up and stay up. I had a binge several days ago and unless that is somehow suddenly affecting me that is all that has changed. If anything daily weigh ins are a motivator for me. I personally think I would be more anxious about once a week weigh ins..
Old 07-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #237  
In it for the long haul.

Well, pushing this thread back to page 1. Yesterday must of just been an odd day, i was back down to 242.2 this morning. Yay.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #238  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies!!

Well, I got up this morning and snapped a quick picture of myself (bed hair and all) since I've started wonderslim today. I know my photos are going to be different because of my growing pregnant tummy, but I'm thinking I could at least notice changes in my face or arms or something. At least, I hope so. If not, I'll at least be able to compare post-baby pictures to compare witht he pic I took today. So far, WonderSlim is awesome!! No yucky, chalky taste (like slimfast) and it is soooo easy to stick to! I think great things are going to happen while I'm on WS. I can't follow the program just like it is suppose to be (need more calories for baby) but just adding some fruit, veggies, and abour 5 oz of lean protein gets me there. I'm excited!

Tomorrow morning I have to go take the dreaded 4 hour glucose test. This will tell me if I have gestational diabetes or not. So I'm hopeing no.

How is everyone doing??? It sounds like everyone is doing great! Oh, I've noticed we are getting awfully far in our little thread, should we start a new "official" 280's Ladies thread? If everyone agrees, let me know and I'll get it started this evening. Hope everyone is doing fantastic! Have a great Monday!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #239  
In it for the long haul.

Glenlorie: Fresh starts are always great! Stick with it we can do it! I hope your appointment goes well. I had never heard of gestational diabetes...I really hope that I wont go through that when the day comes. Also, I was thinking the same thing about the thread. It has grown a lot, (more than I ever thought we would!!) I've been anxious to see an offical 280's Ladies thread!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #240  
In it for the long haul.

Hurray! Today I officially reached 240.6. Neglecting the .6 lbs, 240 brings me to a 35 lbs weight loss! I have been waiting for this for a long time and I cant wait to see the 40 lb mark soon enough. The graphic artist in me decided to celebrate by making a new avatar.