Old 07-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #166  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

audrina - lol, thank you. there is hope!!! I love my figure otherwise... I'm praying lots of exercise + 140 lbs lost will deliver a better looking and feeling me.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #167  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone, its great that the 280s Ladies has grown so much! I have been taking summer classes so i have been a little busy with that. The 4th of July weekend was great. I actually spent most of the 4th exercising! My friend and I hooked up and we took my dog for a walk at a local park for around an hour, and then we went swimming for a good part of the afternoon.. i ate quite a minimal amount of 'party food' considering, and I am very proud of myself Unfortunately I didn't meet my 230s fourth of july goal. I have been very discouraged because I have been stuck at the 240s since MARCH. Now, I have not been working out all the time like some of you gals going to the gym all the time or counting my calories down exact..my main method has been portion control, watching calorie intake (but not exact counting), better lifestyle choices like watching what kind of food I eat and being much more active..ie, doing stuff that keeps me moving and that I enjoy..I can understand that my weight would be coming of slower than someone with a more strict workout routine etc but I really am getting very discouraged at this 'set point' i cant seem to break. I think with time I will get there..but in the mean time this is really wearing me down.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahD140 View Post
audrina - lol, thank you. there is hope!!! I love my figure otherwise... I'm praying lots of exercise + 140 lbs lost will deliver a better looking and feeling me.
There certainly is hope

Phoenix, I was doing the same thing you are, but I started counting calories. I just got too frustrated seeing my weight stall so much when I was working so hard. I knew I had to do something else or I'd lose my will to keep fighting.

Last edited by audrina; 07-05-2010 at 10:24 PM.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #169  
Dresses and Heels.

Pheonix - where in ohio do you live? I moved to Toledo/Temperance MI for a while. Loved and hated it lol. Same way I feel about AZ.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:55 PM   #170  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Sarah - I live near Lima. I also have a love hate relationship lol. I love experiencing the four seasons, but, i hate experiencing the four seasons haha Also as far as northewestern ohio goes, its so flat and boring yet, after traveling to the hills of Pennsylvania, West Virgina and Alabama, i would think driving the hills all the time would be kind of treacherous in winter conditions...its bad enough on flat land.

audrina - I know i could lose a lot faster by being more strict but I am afraid of getting obsessed with counting calories and I also want this to be about changing my lifestyle and not letting myself be controlled by what I am or am not eating. I feel that nothing is extremely bad to eat if there is moderation. I am afraid if i count calories and exercise like there is no tomorrow that I am going to stop when I am at my goal. I think this is because I have a hard time seeing true 'exercise' as fun or motivating..also i have heard that there are studies that the slower you take weight off the more likely you are to keep it off because the process is not impulsive or rash. I am just aggravated that 230 is so close yet so far away.

Last edited by Phoenix301; 07-06-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:22 AM   #171  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Sarah- I almost didn't get the membership. I have been contemplating it for a long time. Just when I was sure I had talked myself out of it, Costco came knocking on my door, literally with a flier for their discount rate. Of course I paid all up front but it came out to $300 for 2 years (12.50/mo). I couldn't beat that deal so I grabbed it. I haven't redeemed it yet but will soon.

Also, on the butt debate (hehe) in highschool, when I fully filled out, I had a nice rump if I might say so. It was a male attracter if you get my drift (wink wink) haha not so much but it was round and stuck out a bit. Looked great in jeans and it was my most favorite part of my body. Well Now that I have a lovey spare tire going around it seems to have a very strange shape. I haven't noticed it really flattening. It still has a round shape, just an extra seperate round just above it-haha. I hope that there still still some shape to it when I lose everything although I think the satisfaction of being thin will take care of a lot of my woes of my body changing!

Four seasons? Whats that! Haha, Arizona doesn't have that.

Okay-I have to brag a bit. I went to a couple BBQ's on the Fourth. Although I haven't been able to keep the cig from my lips, I was able to keep excess food away. I took a whole wheat bun, cut a chicken breast in half and put it right in the middle of that sucker. For some reason it tasted unbelievably good. Probably because it was barbecued and I never barbecue anymore. I drank water all night (with the number of cops out on patrol, alcohol just wasn't worth it anyway). I did have a dessert but it was a very small piece of fudge brownie. I also had about a 1/2 cup of fruit salad. With the amount of crazy fatty food that was there that I normally would have immediately binged on, I didn't. For some reason it just didn't sound appealing. It looked good, don't get me wrong but it just did not look good enough to me to make it worth it. Do you guys get this now too?

Anyway, I was proud!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #172  
Dresses and Heels.

Way to go Shelly. I'm thinking about taking lifetime fitness this semester, since it will be paid for by financial aid, why not?? I'm a little intimidated about the time though. I'm not sure if i have the time. Two of my classes will be homework intensive. We will see.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #173  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Phoenix, slow is great, but maybe you need a few more tweaks? Or maybe count calories more exactly but give yourself a weekly calorie allowance (something you can use to add in little treats when you feel like it but since those calories are "on plan" there is no reason to think you've "gone over" or "can't have" something because of your lifestyle change, or have any "guilt"?)

Once you get closer to goal, I think the healthy eatting almost comes naturally (though there will always be trigger foods, in my opinion) because of how your body will respond to it later. I felt like crap/gassy-as-all-**** the one time I went to a pizza buffet with my brother. Yeah, pizza is still hard to say no to, but ugh, I know better than to go past two or three slices now (when I used to be able to put away nearly a whole pie).

You are so close! Don't let this long battle against the 240s make you upset, you are doing awesome!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 271/241/140

Height: 5'3

I know I am late to the party but I would really like to join this group! I am 26 years old andstarted at 271 and I am at 225 right now. I would love to get to 150 eventually but that just seems so overwhelming! I keep trying to break it down into smaller increments so it seems easier to do but I still get depressed sometimes thinking about how much I let myself go. I am petrified of what my body will look like at 150....I have nightmares about sagging skin and crap! I would love to talk to some girls in the same situation though...always nice to commiserate with people going through the same things!

p.s.- how do i get the cute tickers you guys have?!?
bright83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #175  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like everybody's doing well! I did read a couple of posts about a "crummy week," but we all have them...this week wasn't my best, either!

It was my first week completely off Jenny Craig since May 17. Luckily, I didn't gain weight, but the scale tells me I didn't lose any, either. Stuck at 304/305. Ugh. I have no one to blame but myself, of course...I went over on calories a couple of days (like getting popcorn at the movie theater, eating a Boston creme doughnut from the local bakery, etc etc).

I'd like to lose at least 10 (16 or 17, from this point, would be ideal, though--then I'd actually be in the 280s. lmao.) more pounds before I start classes the last week of August. I know I really need to go to the gym more, as well as staying on track with food. I'm considering joining Weight Watchers, but I'm not sure yet.

Well, I have work at 2...so I better get going. Hope everyone had a good fourth of July weekend! Good luck this week!!
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #176  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Bright, it's fine to be a bit upset, but look at it this way, you're working on fixing the weight issue. It's time to set that depression aside and work toward the future because feeling upset about the weight can only motivate you so much. Start making mini goals and think of some small nonfood-related rewards for making the goals. Maybe a new hair cut for ten pounds lost, or getting a massage at twenty-five, etc. I've got no idea what my body will look like when I get back into the normal BMI range for my height, and I haven't really thought hard about it either. I guess I am just too used to being over weight. And have been through out high school. Oh, and the tickers are in the User CP section under Signatures. I know that there is a time limit (have to be a member for so long) and also a required amount of posts.

I'm doing weight watchers, taliee, so if I can help answer questions, I'd love to.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 07-06-2010 at 01:58 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #177  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Taliee- congrats on not gaining after being off of JC for a while! That is an accomplishment-truely. There are many people who gain immediately afterwards and then some! I started to look back in to JC again but the reviews are just too similar to NutriSystem. Couldn't do it.

Again, congrats! The scale will move again.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #178  
Dresses and Heels.

Hey ladies!! I'm havin' a day, the mindset changing kind, the serious kind. I've been doing really well, and I believe that I have learned that keeping my calories and simple carbs low works for me. I am human, and I do have moments when I want to enjoy and entire pizza, but they are becoming fewer. Up until this point, I have had shaky goals, (as are obvious in my signature), but today I feel strong. I believe I can weight 140, and that I can reach that goal in a reasonable amount of time.
Today I am choosing to hold myself accountable, and to own who I am, what I do and do not do and how I handle myself. No one els has power over myself concept, or whether or not I will reach my goals. I will be, I am, the woman I always knew I could be.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

You can do it Sarah. I remember the moment that my mindset changed, and honestly it's been so much easier for me to maintain motivation.

For me the weight hasn't come off as fast as I would have liked it to, but you know, it took years for me to reach my heaviest weight and it's going to take time and dedication to get back down and that's ok, because I know that before I know it, I will have reached my goal - just like you will.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #180  
Dresses and Heels.

Thank you Audrina.
I have updated my goals in my signature. I have broke them down more intently for myself, but posting them all is rather long. I start JM 30DS today!! I secretly hope to lose 20 lbs doing this, as that is what most ppl say. Wish me luck.