Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #181  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

So, updates! How are you all doing? I really want to know!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #182  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hasn't been a good week for weight loss for me thanks to TOM..but i am looking forward to the end of it because i usually get a nice whooosh after all is said and done.. if that is the case this time it could be my breakthrough point to the 230s Also haven't been much at all active because its been SOOO hot outside. Upper and mid 90s..ouch!.I tried playing Frisbee with my dog for a short time yesterday because she gets hyper if I don't exercise her, it was only a matter of a few minutes and she started showing signs of heat exhaustion even with a whole kid pool of cold water to lie in and all the water in the world to drink..it was scary to see the heat get to her so fast! All the sudden she acted really confused..she started just kind of walking around aimlessly and looking around in all directions while normally she would be focused on me or the pool, so I knew it was time to go in ASAP! She was fine after about 6 ice cubes and air conditioning..and where my brother lives near DC its in the 100s'! I can't even imagine..

Last edited by Phoenix301; 07-08-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #183  
Warning 3FC Addict

And even worse in the cities, I've read.

Glad you figured out what was up and got your puppy cooled down! That's a relief! I nearly managed that myself back a little over 5 years ago when my job was walking a pony at birthday parties. Soooo hot, ugh! Glad my boss knew the signs 'cause I was so stubborn, I would have kept going until I passed out next to the pony,

You're so close to hitting the 230s! Awesome!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 271/241/140

Height: 5'3

I am an obessive every day weigher which I know is bad but it seems to keep me on track. All week I have lost atleast .2 a day so I guess I can't complain. I am at 224 and when I look at it in comparison to the 271 I was it seems like a whole lot! BUT when i look at it compared to the 140 I want to be...it seems like just a drop in the bucket! I can't wait to make it to the hundreds....

I am proud of myself though because I've had a lot of stress this week and instead of solving it with food like I used to, I have been obsessively excercising instead! Can't hurt right?!? My cellphone died and my ex is being a complete butthead! I am trying to keep it steady though!

I also have implemented some new moves into my workout routine thanks to my sister and my abs are killing me as a reward! I don't even care if I ever have abs...I am just petrified of a hanging tummy once I lose the weight!!
bright83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

bright, I'm glad that you are able to control your stress with exercise instead of eating now. I think that's a huge step to make and will only add to your overall success. Keep up the good work!

Being so close to Onederland yesterday I couldn't resist the scale again this morning. Much to my surprise it went back and forth between 200lbs and 199.5lbs for a minute before settling on 200lbs. Even 200lbs is such a HUGE achievement for me. I was stuck at the weight I was [about 210 - 205] for about a month and kept working hard and now the weight is melting off again.

I haven't weighed this little in such a long time. It's kind of discouraging, from where I was, to where I am now I was hoping that weighing 200lbs would have looked a bit different in the mirror than it does, but I can see my body slowly pulling up and getting tighter so I know that I'll only see good things from here.

Come on, one more pound!! I REALLY can't wait until I weigh under 200lbs with my jeans and running shoes on.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #186  
Warning 3FC Addict

Bright, 47 lbs is amazing, you are more than a third of the way there!
I've hit the 40 lb loss mark just yesterday, . I keep picturing trying to carry around that weight in a box around all day and cringe at how heavy that number is, but we did it as if it was nothing when we actually had that weight attached to our frames!

But I understand the frustration at looking at the "final goal" number and doing the math along the way. I try to avoid that because the attitude I started out wanting as I did this was to be happy, and I'm determined to maintain that, . No matter how fricken hard it is sometimes. Looking at how far I've come and what I've lost is much easier.

Ugh, my tummy is my problem spot, and will be forever, haha! It runs in BOTH sides of my family. I can't wait until my boobs stick out farther than my belly, .

edit:

Wooohooo, Aud!!! Oh wow, that is awesome!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 07-08-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #187  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

zanheltangia- Thanks! I'll let you know if I have any questions about WW. I think I'm going to do the rest of the summer with my own thing and maybe join when I get up to Burlington (for school).

Shelly- Yeah, JC is DEFINITELY not for everyone hahaha. I'm surprised I lasted 6 weeks...my dad is an awesome cook, and so eating frozen/pre-packaged food every day wasn't easy, but it was worth it for me because I was able to get my feet off the ground.

Sarah- YOU'RE DOING GREAT! <3 <3 Just hang in there. For me, my motivation is I've been heavy and have had problems binging for so long, I just want to enjoy living being the healthiest and the best woman I can be. I JUST turned 20...and about a month before I did (in May), I said to myself, "Okay, you are young, and your skin still has elasticity, SO DON'T WAIT! Do it now and in a year you'll be so happy you started and kept going!" Hahaha. Seriously though! I want to take advantage of my age and lose the weight now, and enjoy my 20's!! (And beyond!)

Bright83- I've started to become an obsessive every day weigh-er, too, which I don't like and I'm probably going to have to force myself to stop haha. But hey, if it's working for you, then it's working! You've lost a lot of weight so far, so just be proud of that...taking it 10 pounds at a time works the best for me.

Luckily, THE SCALE SAID 303 TODAY!! Woohoo!!! Just FOUR more pounds and I'll be under 300. Thank friggen GOD. This is the second time in my life I've been over 300 and I hate it...the first time was my senior year of high school, like August-November 2008, and then I lost like 40 pounds between then and January 2009ish, and then I gained it all back and then some. D:< But I'm getting rid of it FOR GOOD now!! Oh, and I even got my TOM today...hahahah so that I can be down and still have that is so nice!
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #188  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

Just checking in from mini-vacation! It sounds like everyone is doing great!!!My doctor has taken me off nutrisystem for the duration of my pregnancy and suggested I eliminate all processed foods and eat "clean and raw" and continue my walking. I just started it today, but it is easier than I thought, so far. I also found out I have gestational diabetes , but am going to see a nutritionist for tips while I'm pregnant. I haven't lost any weight, but on the good side I haven't gained any, this pregnancy has thrown me for a loop

I am glad our forum has grown soooo much!! It's really great to see everyone doing so well and keeping everyone in high spirits! Keep up the good work everybody!!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #189  

zan, in the shower today I was thinking about the weight I was at my heaviest, my lifestyle, and the things that my body was doing ... and I just can't believe how much weight I've lost. Yesterday afternoon I picked up a family friend's son from his summer school and I realized that I had lost as much weight as he weighed currently. That floored me.

In the beginning when I looked at my total weight to where I wanted to be, the number was overwhelming and I was discouraged before I even started ... now, it's just so much easier to stay motivated and stay on track.

Taliee, great job!!! ESPECIALLY with your TOM!!

Glen, I hope you enjoyed you're minivacation, and I'm so sorry about your gastational diabetes, but the diet that the doctor put you on sounds amazing. That's how I try to eat now and I feel so healthy and energetic all the time. Great job on maintaining!

Last edited by audrina; 07-08-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 271/241/140

Height: 5'3

Audrina....I was thinking the exact same thing this past weekend! My six year old nephew was here and I realized that I have basically lost his total weight!! I couldn't imagine walking around with his in my arms all the time!!
bright83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #191  

bright, I know exactly what you mean. To add to it, when his mom stopped by to pick him up she said to me [and hasn't seen me in a few months] "WOAH! You've lost a whole person!!!" That made me really happy, I love when the people in my life comment on how much weight I've lost, it lets me know how noticeable it is and encourages me to keep moving forward.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #192  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Thank you Talie. I know what you mean about not wanting to waste your 20's!! I have felt that way for a few years and always gave up. Not this time sister.
Audrina - Holy crap!! your there, you can see onederland!!!! Kick a**!!
you should post pics!! I'm especially curious since we are the same height lol.

Shelly - Once I finish JM 30DS I will be joining 24 hour fitness!! wooo! maybe I will see you there.

Glenlorie - I'm inspired, you are keeping your head up through all the twists and turns. Seriously

I'm looking at all the numbers changing in here. This is a group of women on the move!!
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #193  

Sarah, I really hate pictures of myself, but I probably should take one. If I could figure out private messaging I would definitely PM you a picture. To be honest, I thought that at this point I would have been able to see a much more dramatic difference, especially in my stomach, and while there is an OBVIOUS difference, it's just ... not what I expected. But seeing a picture of myself at my heaviest would probably change what I'm saying.

I see that I started out on my weight loss journey at about the same weight as you did. And we have pretty much the same goals, lol, that's exciting to me!

Last edited by audrina; 07-08-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #194  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Audrina - I totally understand you about the pictures!! I have taken a few, but I'm not excited about posting them. I am super excited about getting to goal though. My belly vexes me as well!! damn that thing!! It is shrinking but I fear it will take till closer to goal for me to be rid of it. Can I ask what plan you are fallowing? and when did you start you journey? I see that we even joined 3FC in the same month
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #195  

Sarah, I weighed my heaviest during the spring of 2009, and while I had committed myself to some kind of change, I didn't really start to actively attempt to lose weight until September of 2009. At that point I weighed 270lbs, and I just started eating better, but didn't do any exercise. I went to Italy in November of 2009, and that's when I made a complete commitment to change. At that point I was down to 250something, and when I came back the weight steadily started coming off.

I didn't start working out 5 days a week for an hour a day until 3 months ago, prior to that all the changes I had made were in my diet, and simple changes like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walking the dog more, parking further away so I have further to walk and all that jazz.

So I guess I've lost about 50lbs since November, and since I started working out and making some other major dietary changes I've lost an additional 30lbs.

All I do right now is try to make the healthiest choices possible and count my calories. I attempt to keep it between 1200 - 1500 calories a day, but to be honest there are days when I barely get over 1,000 [mostly these are days where I find myself eating veggies allll day lol] What about you?

I think that it'll take until I'm closer to my goal to get rid of my huge stomach too and it kind of disheartens me. It's the one thing I hate the most and one of the things that's slowest to shrink.