Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #196  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

I found myself at 284 last summer, when my sister told me I should weight myself. I was floored. I started riding my bike to and from work and eating an atkins style diet. I lost 40 lbs in a 9 weeks, but put it all back on when I quit riding my bike and started eating like crap again. I got on and off the wagon sooo many times since then, just recently I decided that this was it. On June 20th this year I weighed in at 275, I have lost 12 pounds since then. I more so fallow the south beach diet, and it works for me. I too keep my calories under 1500 and I ALSO have days where I realize I have barley hit 1000. I dont mind, porbably because I dont feel hungry. My job is uber physical so I burn a ton of calories at work. I will be starting JM 30DS monday, and when I finish that I will join a gym that is really close to my apt.
I'm seeing changes and really liking it. But we all know how it is, goal can seem sooo very far off.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #197  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Sarah, you've got this girl. I was 287 last year. I got on Metformin with my doctor around then and lost a good 9 pounds. I was finally under 280. Then I just fell of the wagon after crying for what seems like a week-I wasn't losing anymore. Fast forward today-I got back on the wagon and when I weighed myself again I was 283. I was glad I didn't gain everything back. Now I am dieting, calorie countin to be precise. I was officially down to 274 this morning so that is a HUGE accomplishment. (I had made it to 274 a couple weeks ago but gained it back, it has taken me that long to get it back down).

You'll have to let me know how the JM 30DS goes I have looked into it. I am afraid though that I am getting myself into yo-yo dieting. Right now I am trying to complete the Fat Smash Diet. I don't try diets on a whim. This one I researched and read about for several weeks, so I am going to give it a try. It makes sense. Eat right, exercise, stay on track. I am also at 1500 calories a day, AND there are also days where I barely meet 1000. I had several days like that actually and I believe those to be the reason I stalled.

Keep going ladies, we'll get there.

My goal still is to lose 40 lbs by October 15. I have about 31 pounds to go. Wish me good mojo!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Sarah, I'm glad that you found something that works for you! I like the changes that I'm seeing too and when I decide my body isn't changing fast enough I remind myself that it took years for me to put on the weight so it's going to take a serious amount of time for it to come off. For me, once I reached 220lbs I realized how close I was to being under 200lbs and that's when I decided that no matter what, this time, there is no giving up. I'll see it through.

Shelly, congrats on being back down to 274!! For me not losing is the hardest part. Recently I've been stalled for about a month, even though I was eating right and working out 5 days a week, so I decided to count my calories and since I started the pounds have been melting off.

In order to keep myself motivated after a bad day, I hope on the scale on the day following. I'm usually pleasantly surprised to see that I haven't even gained more than a pound and I go right back to working out and being on track. There's no more yo-yoing, this is for life.

I know that calorie counting is giving me the skills I need to make healthier choices and teaching me how to eat in moderation for when I'm ready to maintain my weight. I CANNOT do diets. They are way too restrictive for me and I really struggle with them and yo-yo. Plus, when I'm on a diet, and I have a bad day, it's a REALLY bad day. While I've always enjoyed the guidance that diet plans give me, ... they just get too hard for me to stick with.

Nothing but the best for you reaching your goal by October 15th, you can do it!
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:04 AM   #199  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 318/301/150

Height: 5'10''

I'd like to join in with the group here, I've lost a little and I'm coming from just over 300 working my way to Onederland. This last week's been kind of hard since Mom's taken a vacation off of work. Oddly, she throws me off of my eating and exercising habits. I know it might sound silly but I can't work out in front of someone else. I think I've gained a few pounds back but I won't check until later today. (I've been lucky before and lost weight when I've thought I gained it. Hoping for that again.)
chaoserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #200  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Chaoserenity - Welcome!!! I am with you, I can't even work out in front of my husband, I have a treadmill placed in the spare room of our house where I can work out w/no one looking at me. Good luck with all your goals!! This is a great forum filled with fantastic, supportive people! You'll love it!

Audrina - I have seen many people on here have great success with calorie counting! I am trying it myself. I think it just takes a lot of practice and patience! Keep up the good work!

Shelly - Good luck with your October goal!! I know you will get there!!!

Sarah - You have done wonderful so far! I'm glad you're starting to see changes! Keep up the good work!

It looks like everyone is really doing great and headed toward their goals!! As for me, I'm officially out of my first trimester, I've maintained my weight, which is a little depressing, but in the same my clothes are fitting looser, so I've lost some weight somewhere. My pregnant tummy is starting to be very noticalbe, so it's time to switch to maternity clothes. I'm not sure if I'll lose much weight while I'm pregnant, I'm hopeing to at least maintain my weight so I'll have less to lose once baby arrives. I'm just sticking to the "clean and raw" diet and treadmill walking (slowly) that my Dr. suggested.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep up the great work ladies!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #201  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Ok ladies. I need to regroup. I have a friend who is having a terrible day and has asked me to go to dinner with her. I'm glad to, thats what friends are for. So where does she decide to go-her comfort food place, which just so happens to be my place of weakness. Olive Garden! I'd ask her if we could go elsewhere but she's really just having a miserable day and I'd hate to have her compromise on something just because I can't control my cravings. I'm a little nervous. I've decided my plan is to not open the menu, immediately say "Soup and salad please" and leave it at that.

Oh I hope I can control myself!!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #202  
Dresses and Heels.

Good plan Shelly!!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #203  
Lorie

Hi everyone!

I was just checking in to see how everyone was doing!?!?! It's been a bad week here, my grandfather past away, and we just got back home from the services yesterday (it was a 6 hour trip one way). I have been emotionally eating just to dull the pain, but I think I've got a hold of myself and I'm getting back on track. I've come off nutrisystem, since I became pregnant, I can really taste the fish oil (which is good for you, and I never noticed before) really started getting to me and I couldn't handle it anymore. Also, the texture started to feel very strange to me. How pregnancy changes your senses....... My doctor suggested I try Wonderslim.. I have never heard of the product, but I've done internet research and seem great reviews. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than nutrisystem, yay! Has anyone heard or tried this recently?

Well, I hope everyone is doing great!! Have a wonderful week!!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #204  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenlorie View Post
My doctor suggested I try Wonderslim.. I have never heard of the product, but I've done internet research and seem great reviews. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than nutrisystem, yay! Has anyone heard or tried this recently?

Well, I hope everyone is doing great!! Have a wonderful week!!
I'm sorry to hear about the hard times lately. I hope it looks up.

When I started posting here I had put some stuff about Wonderslim. I love it and have lost 15lbs so far from it. That is about a month and a half with the occasional slip on my part. I would say it's definitely if done right a 2-3 lb loss a week. I don't follow it strictly though. =X

Wonderslim 3

There is our chat for those on Wonderslim. All of us buy from www.dietdirect.com if you haven't been there yet. Stop on by though and ask some questions!

Last edited by MutableParadox; 07-13-2010 at 04:04 PM.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #205  
Lorie

MutableParadox - I KNEW I HAD MET SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM THAT WAS ON WONDERSLIM!!! I'm glad it is working so well for you, that is awesome! I've done a lot of research over the internet all day and I think I'm going to give it a try! Do you add fruits and veggies or anything like that? I am also going to check out the Wonderslim3 link you left for me. Thanks sooooo much for your help! I can't wait to start it! Congrats on your 15lb loss, that is really fantastic!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #206  
one single step at a time

S/C/G: 305/197/150

Height: 5'5

Hello Senoritas, long time no talk......my screen on my laptop broke and been working mad overtime....indulged a bit or alot lol still stuck a 255 oh well i did join the gym this week and have gone 1 time lol......well gotta go ttyl ladies......
danitzastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #207  
Dresses and Heels.

I reached my first goal of 260!!! 250 here I come!!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Good job Sarah!
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #209  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

You are kickin' butt and taking names! Congrats Sarah!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #210  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Way to got Sarah!

I am teetering on this 230 thing still! I am closer, and I know its only a matter of time. It will be soon because my weight is more consistently in the 241 range, where before I was lucky to reach it on a good day. This means I am closer than ever. I will do this! Also, i posted a progress picture of my face in the photos sticky thread, I cant believe how much my face has slimmed down since my heaviest.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote