Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #181  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Jelbb- I bet he'll realize he's being immature. Obviously he needs to trust you. Anyway, go forth and workout

Jules- congrats! I swear by Gap Perfect Boot jeans. I had a pair of AE size 10s for about a minute; I bought them when they were too small, and now they're too big, but they were definitely cute, esp if you like low rise. I myself prefer everything locked and loaded, so to speak, and Gap is good for that bc they seem to have a bit higher rise.

Last edited by forestroad; 03-12-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #182  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

forest: Thanks! I have seen the ads for the Gap jeans -- I might have to look at those too. I'm not a fan of anything other than boot cut jeans, and I know that they had advertised those. I don't want to spend a lot either, not on jeans that I might not wear for long, ya know?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #183  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls! I did not eat Friday Donuts today!!!! I'm so proud of myself. AND i saw 166.5 on the scale today. I'm not expecting it to come back until next week though, because I will be out of town this weekend. i'm going up to santa barbara to visit one of my besties. There will be lots of bad foods and drink i'm sure, but its ok. I'm going to try to get some exercise in, and just do my best without being too strict. Next week I'll be right back on plan 100%!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #184  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

ok.. going to try and do a LITTLE bit of catch up

Feral - Glad the doc visit went ok! I had a really really bad experience with that a few years back. It was torture.. I ended up going to a new doctor afterwards too.. my moron lady doctor I was going to told me to use baby oil on it. WTF?!? New doc gave REAL meds and I was better within a few days.

Chele - Sorry to hear about the coworker.. I try to hide in my classroom as much as possible. I haven't had my observation yet and I am not looking forward to it. I have 6-8 grade and depending on when the principal decides to come, it could be during a HORRIBLE class.. yikes!

Haley you are doing fantastic.. you will be in onederland in no time!

Jelbb Glad that he apologized for being silly.. I am guilty of being jealous too though.. well I WAS. After we got married I realized there was no point. He chose ME.. nobody else

Jules Thanks for the spaghetti tip! I am usually not a big fan, but I am willing to try something different. I only had one pair of pants that fit and refused to spend lots of money on a pair that would be temporary.. so I went to wal-mart and found some Levi strauss for 20 bucks and they fit awesome. Who knew??

-----

On another note I discovered the skinny cow ice creams.. who else eats those?! I love them and I feel like I am cheating. My DH says they taste diet, but I don't think so!

TOM is over too so I am actual back to normal weight.. yay! BUT my spring break is almost over.. sucks!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:08 AM   #185  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

Kelli -- I've had the Skinny Cow stuff -- ALWAYS been satisfied and never once felt that they tasted diety. Fun discovery, amiright?!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Haha, I love Skinny Cow. I went through the Choc/PB one and moved on to Cookies 'n Cream. Gonna try all their flavors and then see which one I like best. There's like a bajillion things in the ice cream section for me to try so I'm excited.

JESSSS - Have fun in Santa Barbara! FREEBIRDS! Eat some for me. Pleaseeee. And, 5K in April (Carlsbad 5000). Let me know if you're interested!

Jenny - I forgot to ask. What are you doing for work out, and how long and what of (like exact intervals if you do do that/strength training/aerobics...) It's probably because your body is way more superwoman than you think it is. The body is a really adaptable machine so you have to trick it Sorry for all the questions. Just seeing what I can do to help.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:03 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Jess! I love the questions! I like any advice, because I just want this weight to leave! lol.
On Monday's I do 1hr aerobics with about 15 minutes of kickboxing added into it,
Tuesday's I do 1 hr muay thai kick boxing/MMA,
Wednesday's I do 45 minutes aerobics/kickboxing and 20 minutes of usng weights during the class to make 1 hr. and
Thursday I do the same as Tuesday,
Friday is my day of rest...
Saturday I do the same as Tuesday and Thursday and
Sunday I walk because my gym isn't open...and I go anywheres from 60 minutes to 180 minutes depending on the weather.

So thats me! I eat clean and healthy thats for sure...ask my family - they hate me for it lol (they think my eating habits are toooo clean and annoying)

Any opinions girls would be great. Now yesterday...I ate like 1900 cals (just because it was one of those days) and today my scale is less by like a pound compared to yesterday morning....figure that one out. Im thinking on staying between 1250 and 1550 cals based on advice from others on this forum.

Any opinions would be superb!

Does any one think I should zig zag?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #188  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Elyse and Kelli:
Thanks for the support ladies. He did, of course, realize he was being immature. It's hard to control our emotions, I know that, but... he really needs to get over the fact that I dated someone else while we were apart. ****, he dated someone else while we were apart, too! I'm hoping maybe it'll be easier when he's in the country.
He had a few too many beers last night tho, and decided to call me. And for the first time ever... he actually said out loud (and not over MSN) some really sweet things. (One of the reasons we broke up before was because I had no idea how he felt about me, he never told me. And since we've been back together, he's TOLD me... but obviously only over MSN, because we're a continent apart until April.) But last night he told me over the phone, "I never thought I'd feel like this about anyone," and he told me that I'm "Beautiful, and smart, and sexy..." It all made me really happy.

Jazz:
Congrats on saying no to those donuts!!! It sounds silly, but it's quite the feat when everyone else is eating them, not to let that give you permission to eat them yourself!

Kelli:
I totally eat Skinny Cow stuff occasionally. I don't think they taste diet...! But maybe it's just a Canada thing, we don't have tonnes of fun flavours... I see Jess mentioning Peanut Butter ones... what the ****? We only have like... ice cream sandwiches and chocolate popsicle things. At least in my grocery stores.

Jenny:
Same thing happened to me this morning!! The eating more, losing more thing. .....weird. See below...

I'm in shock today. Complete shock.
I ate nearly 2,000 calories yesterday, and NOT healthy calories. I got talked into going out for lunch and I ate pasta and garlic bread, and I had a fattening breakfast of a Tim Hortons breakfast sandwich (like a sausage McMuffin), and I even ate a little bag of smartfood popcorn at the movies...

Due to my post-junk-fest self-loathing, I went to the gym ANYHOW, despite my insistence that yesterday would be my day off (I've now gone 7 days in a row)... and when I got home, I pounded tonnes of water to try to kill the excess sodium I knew I'd taken in.

This morning, I stepped on the scale waiting for my great big gain....

140.0! Yesterday, when I stuck to 1,200 calories and ate very little, I was up to 141.0, and now I'm 140?? What just happened here!?!?!?!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning ladies...someone please make me go to the gym... I really just have no desire to get out of bed

Jelbb- if you ask Stella steak makes you lose weight and when I have a random high fat meal once in awhile it does wonders on the scale... its strange

Kelli- I love the skinny cow chocolate truffle bars... they are only 100 calories and I just like them more than the sandwhich things

Jazz- have fun in Santa Barbara
Old 03-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #190  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Jelbb - Thats crazy they have limited Skinny cows in canada. They had quite a few different flavors. That was sweet of the BF! I like to hear sweet things too

I love the truffle bars too Haley! I think I like them more than the sandwiches.

I will never understand how the scale works. I ate real bad one weekend and was the same weight on Monday, but then I was eating OP and went up. Its a mystery. haha.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #191  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Jelbb- Yeah, being a continent apart probably exacerbates the jealousy issue a little bit. That's GREAT that he's being so open with you this time around And here's to hoping my huge breakfast leads to a loss on the scale lol. You are like an hour away from joining the 130s thread!

I am having a lazy day today. the Snow Bowl is closed for wind...I'm not sure what I'm going to do for physical activity. Maybe yard work. I bought some spackle to fix a hole in my wall. I just played Left 4 Dead 2 with my bf for 2 hours, so it's definitely time to do something productive. Hockey game and then my friends and I are going out. Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 156/155/140

I only buy the skinny cow icecreams when theyre onsale..they can be really expensive when theyre fullprice...so I usually supplement them for those fudge bars (about 80 cals) and wait until theyre on a special. I did buy the peanut butter ones and was not impressed..I think Ill just stick with plain old vanilla from now on.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #193  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Forest - L4D2? You are so cool. I need to get that. I always watched the boys play the first one and was so jealous.

Jelbb - Steak + Red Wine = losing weight. I swear. I think your body just needs that little boost of fat sometimes just to assure it that you're not starving.

Okay. I WILL WORK OUT TOMORROW - this cold is just making me so annoyed. My coughing is minimized, I'm less stuffy and I haven't weighed myself since yesterday. I went to a movie and lunch with myself, then bought my cat and my niece birthday presents so now I'm working on house cleaning/laundry/mid terms right now. Tomorrow Jessie and I are going to lunch and to see Remember Me (3 movies, 3 days - awesome) and then I just have to pack for NC on Tuesday. I may even get painting time Yay.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #194  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

Stella -- Happy birthday to your cat! That made me smile, because now I know I'm not the only one who celebrates my animals birthdays!!

EDIT: Here's my Bichon on her 8th birthday:

Last edited by LuckyJules; 03-13-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added picture
Old 03-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Jules - Cutest. Dog. EVER.

Stella - I need to get an XBox. COD MW2, Halo, L4D. I would never be online, only on xbox live. My paintinggggg You can trade me for food when I get back.

Jenny - Yes to zig zag. It sounds like you're working out hard. Maybe try switching in a random day of non-class and do your own cardio. I don't know if you can do that though. If you're sticking with the classes, you might have to work harder. I'm not doubting that you're working hard enough, but your body becomes adapted really easily. Kick higher. Punch harder. Jump around more (the kickboxing back and forth thingy) and hold your core in longer every move. Personally, I'd throw in more weight training but work to your comfort level I hate this "good" food "bad" food concept. No such thing (unless it's deep fried twinkies, which isn't even deathly unless you eat loads of them in one sitting on a daily basis). Also, if you check my food logs, I've been trying to up my calories intake. I listen to my body. I'm just not hungry sometimes but I know it needs to be fueled so I've been protein shaking it. A higher calorie day isn't BAD. Your body needs fuel!

Jelbb - Pasta isn't bad :P Neither is garlic bread. A lot of times when you eat something "off plan" it kick starts your body's metabolism since it's not in your routine any more. A "bad" day isn't bad. You need them and it's healthy for you Just don't turn one "bad" day into months like I do. Now that's bad.

I finished my 5K A Day challenge. I'm banning myself from the treadmill for the next week. Might try Haley's weapon.
Closed Thread