Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #31  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I love Teppan Yaki! I am jealous and I have been avoiding going there because I will eat all the fried rice and all the sauces and I'm drooling thinking of it!

stellarosa27: I do have class tomorrow night, you're so lucky.

I'm tired already and it's only Tuesday and I have no time for the gym this week. I am peeved but I have work all day and then 3 night functions. Maybe I will skip rope in there sometime.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #32  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yay The Tickers Are Back.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I'm happy I had a meeting with one of my profs today and he loved my essay topic. He thinks I'm going to have a hard time finding journal articles but should I find them it should be a good essay. I love it when profs are excited about your interested in. Fingers cross that I can find enough articles to write a 10 page paper....
Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Stella of course they would come back as soon as I made a new one
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #35  
Samantha417

and they came back just in time for me to be allowed to add one! haha

Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #36  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, me too Haley but I got rid of the other one. I like my yellow butterfly
Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #37  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Holy Crap on a CRACKER this thread is moving FAST!

Stella:
Kudos on your dedication despite the painful shin splint stuff... hope the gym went really well!

Haley:
Do it! Face the fear! Stupid muscle-head guys are NOT gonna stop me from using the machines I wanna use!
My next challenge is to use the inner-thigh weight machine. They have a standing one, where you stand on a platform, hook your leg around the pad, and squeeze inward to lift the weight. Great. Except your *** is facing ALL of the treadmills. I'm gonna make myself do that, and you're gonna make yourself breach muscle-head male territory! What'd'ya say!?

Teff:
Eeeesh, that sounds stressful! Please let us know how it all goes, we wanna be sure you're okay. 1,400 sounds like a good number of calories... it's not like you're limiting yourself to under 1,000... THAT would be concerning to me... what kind of things do you eat that you think the nutritionist might tear apart?
....a nutritionist would tear my diet apart, I eat mostly boxed microwaveable foods, because they have a big ol' calorie-count on the side lol.

Feral:
Thanks honey! It's good to be back, I feel more motivated when I'm here... unfortunately I need to be slightly obsessive about my weight loss efforts to have them really take hold. And I'm just so sick of the low-mid 140s... I need to get obsessive again and get myself outta here!
My boy's from Dublin, so.. yeah, the republic of Ireland. But my family's all descended from Northern Ireland. "A Proddy," (Protestant) or "The enemy," as my boyfriend's mom once jokingly called me. ...SO EXCITED for him to get here!!!

SHANNY:
Yaaaay, I'm so glad you're still here!
And... ugh. I have a bit of the sibling jealousy too. My brother's a couple years older, but he always had issues in school... he was the screw up, he was the one who was always getting into trouble...
I always did well in school, and worked really hard and stayed out of trouble.
He went to college for two years, got an epic-paying job, bought a house, a car, a motorcycle, a sailboat, and is engaged to be married this summer. He's 24.
I'm 22, and after my 4-year university degree, I was 24,000 in debt, and realized that it wasn't going to get me a job in a field I wanted. So I had to go back to college, I've still got a year or two... I'm broke, and living with family, and my work just cut my hours to one shift a week because they're slow. I hate my life sometimes.

And... hey, that's great that your prof likes your idea!! I always love meetings with my profs where they get all encouraging and complimentary. I hope you find some rocking journal articles... what's your topic? (If you don't mind my asking.)

Mary:
You know, I've never had hibachi before! It sounds awesome tho! I had to look up what it was, haha. I hope you're even less bloated tomorrow than you were today.... and... p.s., I rifled through some of your pics, and the difference in your face is just... astonishing. And I LOVE your hair. I normally don't like straight-cut bangs on people, but yours just WORK with your face shape amazingly!!!

Aliquot:
Oooh, awesome to all three things! I wish I had a treadmill without having to go to the gym....!! And... yeah, swallowing pills is garbage, that's awesome that you found gummi multivitamins.

Elyse:
Oooh, Etsy is so awesome, I'm really excited to see that dress! Do you have any kinda sample pics of what it might look like?

Jenny:
What on earth is a Largo class? I'm intrigued!
And I hate those lazy snacky days...! Horrible for the dieter...

Jess7286:
Honey, I creeped your blog, and may I just say... you look amazing! I can't believe how much weight you've lost already! I mean, I know you're bouncing back and forth between a couple of weights, and I can't imagine how frustrating that must be.... but looking at the big picture.... you've lost and kept off like.. 50 lbs!!! So impressive, you're a total inspiration, honey!

CHELE!!!!
Hiiiii!!! I've missed you guys! Good to be back!
That's icky about your foot! I have all sorts of stupid aches and pains that come and go... achilles tendonitis, shin splints, etc. I hope yours is absolutely nothing!

Sam:
Ahhh, that post sounded like something I would've writen. Whenever I was trying not to snack at university, I'd go get myself a (completely sugarless) iced coffee and go shop, or visit someone, lol.
Hope you found something totally adorable!

Air81:
Ugh, I hate that. When you KNOW the scale's gonna deliver bad news... but you know what, better to know the number and use it as motivation to get the scale moving back in the other direction!!!
And... MAN, that is a big list of stuff for you to stress over! I hope things ease up a bit on ya! <3

Thousandsunny:
I hate those weeks... I hope you can find some time somewhere in there to get some working out/skipping in! And... good call on the skipping, it always tires me out crazy-like!

As for me...
I spent all day talking to my boy on MSN. I adore him, and it's really hard being this far away from him for so long... I haven't seen him since November, and I'm going out of my mind.
We've been on-again-off-again due to distance, and due to the fact that he wasn't very affectionate before... he never told me he loved me, never told me how he felt about me... and we were never together for longer than a few weeks or a couple of months at a time.
When he came to see me in November... he was super sweet, and REALLY cuddly, and held my hand all the time, and would just stare into my eyes while we were curled up together... and... I was still maintaining that I didn't want to give our relationship another shot again at the time, too worried it wouldn't pan out, so... I asked him to say something for me in Gaelic, and in Gaelic, he told me loved me. Sadly, I didn't speak Gaelic, and he didn't want to say it in English, too afraid I wouldn't say it back...! I had no idea what he'd said until I beat the information out of him later...!

APRIL 21ST!!! April 21st and he's here for a year!

...god, talking to him all day long, I've procrastinated SO badly. I haven't done an ounce of schoolwork, it's so bad... I've got a great big project due on Wednesday. Bugger.

Last edited by Jelbb; 03-08-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #38  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Yay internet is finally back up!! I'm out of the office all day tomorrow doing site visits so I'm going to get royally behind again, but I'll pop in when I can.

samantha- even your description of shrimp is making me hungry right now. hope you have fun with your old friends!

chele- hope they figure out what's wrong with your foot and it turns out to be nothing. injuries are so discouraging.

Air- your life sounds like mine right now except for the Africa thing and the parents coming to visit. I use exercise as "me time" to keep me sane.

Shantroy- I'm sure you can crank out 10 pages...that's great the the prof loved your paper!

Stella- I'm so excited for you re: spinning, and I bet you are going to see great results with the strength training

jelbb- it's this one but I got it in red: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=41358804

In miscellaneous stuff, I didn't even realize the tickers were gone until now that you mention it. Also I like hibachi but whenever I go to a Japanese place I always am too tempted by the sushi so I never end up getting the actual hibachi.

Last edited by forestroad; 03-08-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #39  

Jess, I was going to ask how things were with irish boy! So glad it's working out!!!! I wouldn't be able to stand the wait for him to arrive. I'm so happy for you!

My essay is for a class called environmental psychology. It's basically the study of how humans interact with their environment/surroundings. My topic is educational technology (SMART Boards, classroom audio systems etc). There's two area the prof suggested I go in, either does it facilitate learning, and how so or teacher's reluctance to use the technology. I used to work with teachers teaching them how to use SMART Boards all kinds of classroom technology so its an area I'm super passionate about. However, its a new area so not much research on it.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #40  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Jelbb - Aww thanks They're getting mighty long, and with the spring finally coming around I'm due to cut them again. I usually do side-swept bangs in the spring/summer. That's awesome that your boy knows some Gaelic, I always appreciate when people know at least some of it since it's become a lost language. My nana only spoke Gaelic and didn't know a lick of English!

Forest - LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! Oh you are going to look absolutely SMASHING in that! Wear it with pumps and red lipstick!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Shan- I feel for you... I find environmental Psych sooo boring lol

Jelb- I will brace the meat heads... soon...the boy is supposed to make me a plan...hes a certified personal trainer aren't I lucky? I love that you call him Irish boy...mines the Russian...also you did an amazing job replying to everyone! you should get an award

Stella-I got my old one back as well ... if only I could get it to say a different number

Forest-That dress is hot! and now I want one...maybe when I get to goal

Mary-Red lipstick is sooo much fun

My new phone is supposed to get here tomorrow...but no one will be home to sign for it therefore I wont get it its purple and I just want it!

Last edited by HaleyisLove; 03-08-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #42  

Haley, I'm luck I have a wicked prof who's managed to make it interesting. So I'm enjoying it. We have a lab component and our TA is wicked too. The labs are fun and super easy! I just hope I can find enough info to turn it into 10 pages!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

Jellb That is so romantic. Who'd have thought Gaelic could be the language of love?

Shantroy Oooh, that is an interesting topic. I'm an education major, and I have to admit, the SMART boards overwhelm a little.

Can't wait for spring break...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Jelb - THANKS! I really appreciate your positive encouragement And totally cute about the gaelic. I want somebody to say I love you in some obscure language. Oooo. ICELANDISH. Yes, I must date an Icelandic boy. Sigur Ros, I'm looking at you! I'm excited for you that your boy is coming for a year!

Man, the trainer kicked my ***. He tripled setted me. And I thought you could stop at super sets. Oh no. You can triple set. FML. And I did inclined push-ups (girl ones) but I learned that they're actually HARDER than regular flat ones because you use smaller weaker muscle groups. Holy mother of effin' ****.

Mushrooms are calling my name tonight.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #45  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Jess and Haley- I am jealous you guys have trainers! Jess, that sounds like a killer workout.

Mary- I have some good pumps to wear with it but unfortunately I do not have the complexion to pull off red lipstick I really wish I could style it that way.
Closed Thread