Old 11-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Sick sad world last night with all that news. Prayers to all.

Les: How are you doing? Will you be busy w/your LOs? Are you beginning cookie orders for the holidays?

Giggles: How is your walking today? I am waning from going to the gym and need to find some gumption to get in there. I have yet to figure out the best time in my day to do this, I find it too easy at the end of day to say I am tired, and during won't work. Do any of your kids join you on your walks?

Hello violets!

AM: I looked in the mirror and noticed my belly area, though still poochy is slimming down. It doesn't stick out so much on top and is thinning there. And my t-shirt doesn't feel as snug, so maybe just maybe I am reshaping some. I think for the holidays I will bundle my body so my family doesn't recognize I am loosing weight yet. Who knows. I have a bit to decide.

My best to you all for a good weekend! I am hopeful my MIL will take the kids for a bit today so I can get some things done that I need to like cleaning my house! I can't think straight when every room is messy. Hard to explain, but drives me nuts!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:57 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 322/265/155

Height: 5'5

Went out for Mexican food last night, ate too much and had a margarita. It was so yummy but today I feel puffy and sluggish so I don't think I will want to do that again very soon!
Hope you have a great weekend, I just have my boy to keep me company today my daughter is away at Winter Retreat with the youth group from church hope she is having a fabulous time.
Gigglesnbowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:39 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Yep, all my thoughts have been with Paris since yesterday. So sad and senseless.

I definitely have some plans with the little ones, and I'll have to start the thanksgiving orders soon. It will be a very busy week for sure. Still a little nervous about the holidays while dieting, but I'll just do the best I can when they come.

Glad you are finally seeing a difference, Lemon. Maybe that will be exactly whT you need to feel awesome about yourself and your progress again. My stomach sticking out less has been a huge motivator for me, for sure. Also, now I am starting to see collar bones, who knew? Haha.

Giggles, Mexican food is tasty but that sodium bloating is not so awesome. Drink a lot of water and that will help flush it out of your system.

I reached my halfway point this morning, 190 flat. 40 pounds down, 40 to go. We can do it!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #424  

Les: WOOT!@ good for you! Keep up the good work! A halfway mark is totally doable and must make you happy! I think when you began you weren't certain how this journey would go for you, but you are doing it!

Giggles: Enjoy your time with DS, perhaps you can have a water challenge with him and see who can get 33 oz down first? OR just a walk, sometimes that's good to to get to know what he's thinking these days. Their conversations are always interesting.

AM: it will have to be a salad night for me. DH and I went to KFC, not the best choice in the world but limited to what's within the small town we were in today. Had to get ready for snow, whenever that is.

I was at my ILs and they had their fireplace roaring. I could have sat there watching it all day - bad I know. But it was toasty in their place. I get nothing done while I sit there and watch the dancing flames, they mesmerize me.

Yes, I am happy today that I finally noticed a bit of change in my body shape. Nothing fantastic, but a change, and I think my bum is shrinking - hey theres always been a lot there so to go back down is good, means smaller jeans at some point. Perhaps it will encourage me on, these last few weeks have been harder for me and the journey. Hopefully it all picks up soon and becomes fabulous loss that stays off!
Old 11-15-2015, 01:09 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 294/275/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies. Sorry I've been gone for so long. I had a little accident with my computer. I had my laptop sitting open on the couch as I went to refill my water bottle. Came back into the living room, stumbled over one of the dogs and hit the screen with the heel of my hand. The picture went from normal to multicolored lines with a nice crack at the top. So into the shop it went for repairs. Just recently got it back then had to wait till my DD could look at it and reset my touch pad. The repair tech apparently shifted the settings as he was running a scan (part of his service). I can finally use my computer again.
The allergies I've been fighting since the end of September have turned into acute bronchitis and laryngitis. It's been hard working and having to walk the 2 miles uphill to work. I haven't had a voice since the beginning of October. I went 3 weeks ago to get checked out and was given an antibiotic. After the 10 day course I felt no better so DH took last week off to take me to back to the doctor for a recheck. She gave me a steroid treatment and made me take off work to rest. When I sit and do nothing, I feel ok, just a little tired. When I move around I have trouble breathing, like there's a weight on my chest. Not fun. I don't even want to think about the scale right now. I know I'm not eating right, and now that I can't taste much, even though I'm not hungry at all, I'm craving sweets like crazy. (the only thing I can taste.) Ugh.
The good news is that up until last week, (I missed weighing in at work because I had to take off), I've been losing at a rate of 1 lb a week.

I've been reading concerns about diet and holidays. My dietitian told me to concentrate more on portion control than type of food during the holidays. Allow myself to have the food that means holidays, but not a mountain of food. And if I want the piece of pie, or the Christmas cookies or whatever, allow myself 1 piece to savor and enjoy. Make it my gift to myself then after the holiday is done, get back on plan and don't look back. If you allow yourself the traditions, knowing they might not be "allowed" foods and knowing it's just 1 day you're allowing them, guilt doesn't play a part and by watching the portions, you aren't doing any real damage to your loss. It really helped me to enjoy the holidays that are really centered around food traditions and not feeling like either I had to be left out of eating all that good food, or feeling guilty that I had no "willpower" and giving up on the diet.
I hope that helps someone else cope with the holidays. Now I'm going to say goodnight. The cough medicine the doctor prescribed is kicking in and I'm feeling really tired. Have a great day tomorrow, Violets
Firewife3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #426  

Welcome back Firewife! Sorry to hear about your laptop mishap but glad it's all fixed now. That's great advice for the holidays and I'm going to try and do just that. Bronchitis and allergies are the worst, I deal with both also. Hopefully you feel better very soon!

Lemon, so glad you are seeing some changes, I'm sure you will need some new clothes very soon! And your scale will probably catch up soon also. Hopefully things get easier for you after that. Thanks for the congrats, I am feeling very proud of what I have done in a few months. Yes, when I started I did not have high hopes, haha, but now I feel like anything is possible. If I have already lost 42 pounds, I can definitely lose 38 more (and maybe a few more after that, depending on how I feel at that weight). I do think it is time for me to start working out and try to get some muscles built up though. The walking and small weights are good, but I need to start amping things up a bit. Maybe it's time to consider a gym.

Last edited by LesGetFit; 11-16-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #427  

Fire: good to hear you are back up and with the world. Are you still having to walk to and from work? Hope all is well.

Les: Have you begun your baking yet? good luck avoiding sampling. It happens I know! Be strong.

Hello Violets!

AM:
i was doing media, duty cleaning for an hour an d1/2 today - scrubbing carpets - what a task, but my stairs do look nice and I burned a few calories doing so. I have to go hide some christmas gifts that came in the mail. No calories lost with such.

Hope everyone is well I am just doing a short break to say hello - lived through the weekend. Have deer hunting to contend with next weekend (DH not me) and am trying to get the house clean so I can sit on my duff all next weekend especially if my MIL takes my kids for the weekend. That's kind of a nice little break every now and then.

Trying to stay on task w/the diet - some moments a bit hard - but overall ok.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 322/265/155

Height: 5'5

I was so bad all weekend I am afraid to weigh today and find out the damage. So back on track today and determined to make good choices!!

This losing weight stuff is hard work but I am sure everyone else has already figured that out ok I am going to go do something productive and try to shake off this mood!
Gigglesnbowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:45 AM   #429  

giggles: keep the chin up and have a good walk today! Did DD have fun at her activity over the weekend? What is your go to sweet in moderation?

Les: Scale is staying down here - thankfully! How is your's looking, have you moved into the 180s yet? I am still a chunk away from that, but geez, getting closer to the 220s is a nicer feeling. So if you get a tat - what will your theme be? I can't say I have gone that route after having to do injectables for a period of time, I haven't an interest in the needle. But i always find the story behind a tat to be interesting.

Fire:
Hope your body has healed back up since your tumble w/the car. Have you added more exercise to your plan?

Mam: Where did you go?

Hello Violets!

AM:
Hopped on the scale after coffee was taken in as well as breakfast, but I was up early w/LO and didn't get on the scale until DH was awake. However even after that, it's at 237 - so I am guessing I was closer to 235 this am. Makes you just want to run off the additional 6 lbs to see 229. I guess there is some incentive in a smaller number!

Do any of you take hiatus' from tracking your calories? I haven't tracked the last two days. Partly because TOM is working its way into the days again and I have had a calling for chocolate and I have been in a sideways funk - as in kind of sad kind of not. It'd be nice if that switch can be turned off. The good news is as I age, I prefer a better chocolate - and hershey's isn't it. They have gone way of the dodo bird for me - they have lost the richness of chocolate, and since that's what's in the halloween catch, I am not interested as much. But the chocolate crave is still there. WTH?

Hope everyone who is working on their turkey day 5 is doing well! I aim to at least take and keep off something! Maybe we can all be 15 lbs slimmer by Christmas? Some of you at 20 lbs off if we keep this up!

More later - the christmas gifts await sewing. Happy day to you all!
Old 11-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #430  

Lemon, the truth is I am scared of needles but love tattoos. I have a couple small ones and definitely want another one, but I'm not sure what it will be yet. I have a birthday right around the time I should be near my goal weight though, so I think it would be a good present to myself. We will have to see though, all my $$$$ may have to go to clothes and I might be too broke for a tattoo, haha.

I do not take any breaks from logging food. I have logged every single bite since August 13th. I have had some days where I have gone over my allowance for sure, but I log it all anyway. I just know how mindlessly I used to eat, and I don't want to let myself do that again. Logging everything seems to make me think more about what I'm eating. I am pretty sure I will log my food forever at this point. I understand the chocolate cravings and the funk, and hopefully you can get over both very soon!

I have checked on Mam and she is ok, just not feeing very chatty, but I am sure she will be back soon!

My scale has been behaving the last few days, haha, as have I. I was at 187.4 this morning, and I'm hoping to hit 175 by the end of the year. Seems doable. Wishing you all the best of luck with your goals!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #431  

Les: thanks for checking with her!

Good for you for hitting the 180s! When do you think you last were in that category? I was that when I got married and went up from there - guess my DH fed me well - no, I fed myself. Good for you though on moving it all off. Have you run into your ex of late?

Mam: Well I do hope you become chatty soon. Miss your posts as well.

AM: I am getting the crud that my DD has had - it's a totally unproductive but annoying cough. I hate those type of things almost as much as a crappy productive cold. I'd rather not be sick. Alas, it's winter.

Do any of you take medicine that might increase your wants/needs for certain types of foods? I ask because there is one that I am on that a lot of times, a week into it, I tend toward sweets more. Its a med I take only part of the month but my sweet cravings kick up when I am on it. I don't notice these cravings when I am not on it. That's what is making me think why. That's one thing I am dealing with right now - once again.

I am finding the chia to be beneficial for me. Maybe its a mind player, but I do find I get fuller sooner. I am all for that.

I need some ideas for Christmas gifts for DH, he's kind of difficult to buy for. I don't want to do clothing, though I have gotten a few pieces. I just am at a loss for this year. I don't have a huge budget and in the past some gifts just get sent to goodwill w/o any use. So if any of you have ideas - send them this way.

PS: I know - I know - we are dieting but . . . A new thought - so I thought I'd ask here - since we are from all over the US: what do you pay per pound for butter right now? I'm from the dairy state - so this is an oddity for me. Usually this time of year, butter goes low in price. However of late it's now $3.29/lb with sales starting to coincide w/turkey day bringing it down to $2.99. WTH? Last year same time it was $1.99 through New years eve. Now, though I am dieting, that doesn't mean I won't bake Christmas goodies. I however am interested to see what you all are paying. The only thing I have seen has been that the price went up due to the demand for the holiday season as stores stockpiled. $2.99 is not a sale in my book. Just curious.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-17-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #432  

I really don't know the last time I was in the 180's. I have never been this jeans size before, so I am guessing I've never been this low since I was 15. Certainly not as an adult, though as a very poor college student I probably got close (I had one semi-slim period at that point, haha).

Butter is ridiculous at this point, I am paying $7 for 2 lbs, and that is a bulk discount at Walmart of all places. I don't know why it is so high right now.

I am no help with gifts for men, I mostly go with tools or hunting stuff? Does he need anything? Maybe hint around and see if he has anything on his wish list.

No meds for me, just a few vitamins. None seem to affect my appetite yet, but I haven't been taking them super long.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #433  

Les: $3.50 a pound? I did some more reading, it looks like they do poor planning (what?) and can't plan how much butter people will go through, but they like to charge more and keep the profits. Though I don't think the local farmer gets it back. The thing is too, traditionally because cows have spent the warmer months grazing and all - their production is higher, so in the fall that's generally when we see decreases in prices. This is a ridiculous price per pound. Its not like the quality is any better or it's a new product - it's grade A butter. Maybe I am wrong in my views = but geez - $3.50?
Old 11-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #434  

Yeah I am thinking about checking the prices at a bulk discount store like Costco because the price is way too high. It wasn't even that long ago that I could get 2 pounds for $5, and suddenly the price has jumped.

About to force myself to take a brisk walk and release some much needed endorphins. Hope you all have a great day (you too, Mam!).
Old 11-18-2015, 09:25 AM   #435  

Hi Violets!

I don't know what's up me - not sure it's the weather, the season change, the time change, the crap in the world - but geez talk about a blue funk! I hate this type of feeling, kind of like you can't fix it so just lump along with it? I don't have interest in much today, though have a huge list for today. I keep looking for bright spots in today - here's one - its 57° today so far and we should have snow at the end of the week. So warmth yet in november - I can handle that.

Weight - status quo. Need to be good on tracking today and get my fat fanny back to the bicycle. The weight isn't going to go anywhere unless I make it do so. So I aim to do so. Besides, maybe moving myself will give me a better outlook on it all.

Diet: Blah! I am bored, I need some good ideas. Here's the deal, I get bored fairly quickly w/my foods. When it's warmer not as much, when its cooler out, easily. I will be the first to admit when it's colder I love my warm breads, creamy soups, a good gingerbread, and since I am working w/the weight I have been trying to put the old standbys on hiatus. So when I make diet friendly things I have been using them more often then not and well, I am bored.

Ok, before I drive myself batty w/my tales of woe, I wish you all a fab hump day. Lets get this middle of the week zip moving so we can all be 5 lbs lighter come next week wednesday!
:b roc: